Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:
Hi Wulf,
In real life, there is no STAR at PAJN. Arrivals are always by radar vectoring by the ATC.
About PAJN, a friend has found a "no offcial" approach to the runway 26, which is reserved to the Alask Airlines pilots. I will add this approach next weekend.
Hi Francois, is this special RWY26 approach already included in the FD_FMC PAJN 4.0 file or do I miss something?
fdd_fr wrote:
Wulf, I think that you will love NZQN; A very hard airport !
Francois, unfortunately I do not have the NZ stuff from ORBX which IMHO is nec. to get an adequate scenery impression.
But the NZQN map shows the valley character. Impressive!
I have focused on the Northamerican Pacific area from Alaska to SoCal and this a wide area with some challenging airports.

Wulf
Hi Wulf

I havn't yet update PAJN for RWY 26 special visual approach. But I will do for next week, with PASI Sitka, CYYJ Victoria, CYLW Kelowna and NZAA Aukland. I promise you.

About NZQN, you can have fun, withoout ORBX. This airport is a challenge for approaches. Try it

About WMKK Kuala Lumpur, the FSX stock Airport has 2 runways and today, airport has 3 runways. I search an updated AFCAD, but the only think that I have found is a payware scenery that has these 3 runways.

Regards

Francois

Edit :

Here is the Special RNP approach, which comes from a Boeing Ad; this chart is only used by Alaska Airlines. I will add to PAJN.

Alaska Airlines use also a special RNP approach for KPSP Palms Springs, but I have some diffuculties to read the picture (low resolution). If domeone can find this chart, I will can add to the KPSP data.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

you wrote "....that Alaska Airlines use also a special RNP approach for KPSP Palms Springs, but I have some difficulties to read the picture (low resolution). If someone can find this chart, I will can add to the KPSP data.....".

If made some Google invest but I have only found the same chart. After reading a newer public Honeywell presentation, see page 20, I think this approach has been included in the current available approach chart RNAV RNP Y RWY31L from Palm Springs.
https://www.mygdc.com/assets/public_fil ... f_2013.pdf

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I have started to work on Colombian airports. The first one will be Cali - Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport (SKCL / CLO). The SIDs and STARs are already written. I'm currently in the process of testing each one of them.

Zamir

Post by Zamir »

This is a new updated AFCAD done by Ray Smith that have 3 runways
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... fid=182955

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

one airport in Alaska is "more" difficult to land: PAPG Petersburg, one daily Alaska Airlines´stop in the southwest region from Alsaka. Do you have any special RNP approach map(s) for RWY 05 (appoach from the west, tricky between mountains), which are used from Alaska Airlines´pilots sometimes too? The other approach maps for RWY 23 are shown in FltPlan.com, but unfortunately not for RWY 05.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:I have started to work on Colombian airports. The first one will be Cali - Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport (SKCL / CLO). The SIDs and STARs are already written. I'm currently in the process of testing each one of them.
Great ! Send by MP your email and I will send you all the intersections (waypoints) that are missed in FSX. I have all the waypoints of the world, in XML files, updated at the end of 2014. You will have just to copy the missing waypoint block in your ICAO.xml file. Many time saved.
Zamir wrote:This is a new updated AFCAD done by Ray Smith that have 3 runways
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... fid=182955
Great ! I will can work now on WMKK.

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,

one airport in Alaska is "more" difficult to land: PAPG Petersburg, one daily Alaska Airlines´stop in the southwest region from Alsaka. Do you have any special RNP approach map(s) for RWY 05 (appoach from the west, tricky between mountains), which are used from Alaska Airlines´pilots sometimes too? The other approach maps for RWY 23 are shown in FltPlan.com, but unfortunately not for RWY 05.

Wulf

Alaska Airlines charts are not available on the web ( I searched). The 2 special charts ( Juneau and Palm Springs was in an 737 Honeywell advertisement, but I don't find other special charts.

If someone works at Alaska Airlines ..... :D

so I have completed the different approach of the Alaska Airlines RNAV RNP approach of the RWY 26 of PAJN. I do some tests (different way for this approach).

The most simple, when you arrive by the south :

I test now when you arrive by the north, west or east : You have a teardrop turn before final.

If all is OK, PAJN 4.10 wil be available friday, with NZAA Auckland and maybe a canadian airport;

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

for Your attention, please see a further map for the Alaska Airlines RNP special approach at KPSP Palm Springs, RNAV RWY 13R via entry MORON. This map on page 7 should ~ correspond to the map from your previous mail.
It would be great to include this as an alternative approach from the northwest.
http://www.aci-na.org/static/entransit/dalton.pdf

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Is there a way to add or delete a waypoint in the flight plan after it is loaded in the FMC?

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I expect to finish SKCL (Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport, Cali, Colombia) by the end of January. I'd like to finish it sooner but I'll be somewhat busy this month. Let's see how it goes!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:Is there a way to add or delete a waypoint in the flight plan after it is loaded in the FMC?

Yes, off course.

In the DEPARTURE page, or ARRIVAL page :

To delete a Waypoint :
if you click on a waypoint in the flight plan waypoint list , on the right of the window, you can see this name appears in red ion the scratchpad; Click on the "DEL" button and the waypoint wil be deleted.
CAUTION : Don't delete SID, STAR or APPROACH waypoints ! otherwise, the FMC will not work properly.

To add a waypoint :
- If you are in the DEPARTURE page, the region code will be by default the region code of your departure airport
- if you are in the ARRIVAL page, the region code will be by default the region code of your destination ariport.

- If you want add a waypoint, begin by click on the "#" button, and enter the number of the position where you want insert your waypoint in the flight plan.
- after, select the button according the sort of waypoint that you want enter : VOR, NDB, RTE-FIX for "En route" waypoint ( magenta color on the map) OWR-FIX for "Owner-FIX (blue color waypoints on the map). By clicking on one of this button, you can see in the Scratchpad the beginning of the ICAO string appears ; you have just to enter the name (2 to 5 characters of your waypoint), after click on the "ADD" button.
The waypoint will be inserted in the flight plan at the position that you have choose with the "#" button.

CAUTION :
==========
Don't insert waypoint in a SID , STAR or Approach. Only after the last waypoint of a SID or before the first waypoint of the STAR.

If you want insert waypoint which are located on another country that your departure or arrival airport, you must use the ICAO button, and enter the integral ICAO string of the waypoint. e.g :*

You do a flight from EBBR - Brussels National and LIRF "Roma Italy, and you want enter, a intermediate waypoint called "LANUM" that is located in Deutchland, you can do that of the Arrival or departure page, but you must use the ICAO button, because your waypoint is not in belgium an not in Italy, so you must write the region code.
in this case, you begin always by the "#" button to select the insertion position of your waypoint in the flight plan, and after, you click on the ICAO button : After, you clickenter the following string :

"WED----LANUM" and click on "ADD" button

"W" is the waypoint type ("En Route" fix , magenta color on the FMC map)
"ED" is the Germany region code
"----" four spaces, between the region code and the waypoint name, because it is a "En-route" waypoint. If it is a "Owner fix" (blue color), you must enter the ICAO name of the airport linked to this waypoint.
"LANUM" is the name of the waypoint

Type of waypoint are :
"N" for NDB
"V" for VOR
"W" for "En-route" fix or "Owner fix" called also "terminal fix". ICAO airport code required for OWR-FIX, 4 spaces for "En Route" fix.
"R" for a runway (Country 4 letters ICAO code is required)
"A" for Airport : Region code not required, but you must write to spaces, e.g : "A------EGLL"

You can downlaod the french manual of the Aircraft, with all explanations here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pack ... %201.0.PDF

English version coming soon.

Francois

on the "RTE-FIX" button, because "LANUM" is an "En route" waypoint (magenta color)

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, sometimes the superior part of PFD doesn't display modes (srs, op clb, speed...) in 2D panel. But when I watch to 3D panel or I enlarge the PFD from 2D panel, everything is ok. If I stretch the border of the 2D panel I can see them back. Do I have a resolution problem?
Thanks

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I do all my tests in VC mode; I never use the 2D cockpit, so I can't tell you if there is problem. I will test tonight and I will come back to you.

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr, could you please tell me something?

I'm working on the DAKOP5A and ULQ4D arrivals into SKCL. But in the STAR charts, there is no altitude established for the first waypoint of these two STARs (DAKOP and ULQ, respectively). I'll like if you could give me some help with regards to the altitude of these two waypoints. Thanks. :)

http://www.aerocivil.gov.co/AIS/AIP/AIP ... 20SKCL.pdf

P.S.: the charts are in Spanish but I think they are understandable for everybody.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Ok, I have another question.

SKCL has an RNP approach for runway 19. The issue is that there is an RF (radius to fix) leg from CL003 to CL004. I suppose there is no other way to code it but to create the start and end point of the RF leg and another waypoint in the middle of the turn. So, my question is, is it any way to code a RF leg that doesn't have the centre of the turn in a VOR-DME?

kremin

Post by kremin »

While the english translation of the user manual, I have started to work on the adaptation of FD-FMC on the future PA330 and the PA 318.

A330 requires many work to adapt (fuel weight occurs problems, and I need to find new formulas), but A318 is very easy and I have prepared a first version if you want to test. You can download a small pack by the following link :
Pack A318 Beta with FD-FMC (58Mo)
Hello Francois,
I have just tried out the A318 0.8 beta and I found that the ECAMS screen in the 2D panel remained blank but it was showing in the VC. I did some digging in the panel.cfg and this fix works for me. Make the following change to the panel.cfg:

[Window00]
//gauge06=A318_CFM!A32x_CFM_ECAMS, 788,521,215,214
gauge06=A318_CFM!A318_CFM_ECAMS, 788,521,215,214

.etc

Many thanks for your continuing hard work on this project - it just keeps getting better.

With best wishes for 2015

Rick

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:
While the english translation of the user manual, I have started to work on the adaptation of FD-FMC on the future PA330 and the PA 318.

(...) A318 is very easy and I have prepared a first version if you want to test. You can download a small pack by the following link :
Pack A318 Beta with FD-FMC (58Mo)

This pack contains only the aircraft with a decdicated version of FD-FMC. So, to work, you must have already installed the Pack A320 FD-FMC, because it use the same Dll modules:
- For FSX and P3D version 1.x : XMLTools.dll
- For P3D version 2x : XMLTools3D.dll et LoggerX.dll

If you have already the beta A320 FD-FMC, A318 will work directly.

(...)

Caution : you must use the l'Aicraft.cfg and the .AIR file provided with the pack (pa318-cfm56-5B9)

Don't use the aircraft.cfg or .air file of the original PA318 (engines thrust curves are not the same, to be more realistic).

Some functions needs to be improved :
- Fuel consumption
- Autoland
- flaps drag

(...)

I think that the A318 will be completed very quickly, and the work on the A319 and A321 will be easy also.

François
Yes!!! :D

I'll try it next Tuesday morning and report how it works.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:fdd_fr, could you please tell me something?

I'm working on the DAKOP5A and ULQ4D arrivals into SKCL. But in the STAR charts, there is no altitude established for the first waypoint of these two STARs (DAKOP and ULQ, respectively). I'll like if you could give me some help with regards to the altitude of these two waypoints. Thanks. :)

http://www.aerocivil.gov.co/AIS/AIP/AIP ... 20SKCL.pdf

P.S.: the charts are in Spanish but I think they are understandable for everybody.

As you can see, you have an minimum safe altitude wrote along the LEG STAR DAKOP 5A from DAKOP to the waypoint where begin the DME-ARC : 14000 feet

But this is a minimum safe; So you have 63NM between DAKOP and the DME_ARC, also, I think that you can set the altitude at DAKOP to 20000 feet, for safe. I think that there are high mountains on the wway, because you can see in the circle in the upper left corner of the chart, that the minimum safe altitude around the Airport is 15300 in the DAKOP direction. So choose an altitude between 15300 and 20000 feet.

About ULQ4D, you havn't any information along the leg, but you can use as reference that the aircraft leave minimum of 300 feet per NM. You have a 25 Nm leg, so you can set the VOR ULQ minimum altitude to 20000 feet, to arrive at 13000 feet after 25 NM

These solution are because your airport is surrounded by high mountains, and you must keep a safe altitude.

For a standard airport, withoout mountains, if you havn't an altitude information at the first STAR waypoint, you can you the altitude of the second waypoint of the STAR.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:Ok, I have another question.

SKCL has an RNP approach for runway 19. The issue is that there is an RF (radius to fix) leg from CL003 to CL004. I suppose there is no other way to code it but to create the start and end point of the RF leg and another waypoint in the middle of the turn. So, my question is, is it any way to code a RF leg that doesn't have the centre of the turn in a VOR-DME?
If the ARC is according a waypoint without radio frequency, there is no solution to code this ARC. In the FD-FMC system file, an ARC can be coded only according a VOR frequency or a DME Frequency.

But until today, all ARC I have seen are always according a VOR, a NDB or a DME, but never according a FIX.

Sorry, my system is no perfect.

If you ARC is very short and I think that the natural turn of the aircraft will be equal to the ARC, and you can create 1 intermediate user waypoint, on the ARC radius, and the aicraft will be turn near the reality.

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:
As you can see, you have an minimum safe altitude wrote along the LEG STAR DAKOP 5A from DAKOP to the waypoint where begin the DME-ARC : 14000 feet

But this is a minimum safe; So you have 63NM between DAKOP and the DME_ARC, also, I think that you can set the altitude at DAKOP to 20000 feet, for safe. I think that there are high mountains on the wway, because you can see in the circle in the upper left corner of the chart, that the minimum safe altitude around the Airport is 15300 in the DAKOP direction. So choose an altitude between 15300 and 20000 feet.

About ULQ4D, you havn't any information along the leg, but you can use as reference that the aircraft leave minimum of 300 feet per NM. You have a 25 Nm leg, so you can set the VOR ULQ minimum altitude to 20000 feet, to arrive at 13000 feet after 25 NM

These solution are because your airport is surrounded by high mountains, and you must keep a safe altitude.

For a standard airport, withoout mountains, if you havn't an altitude information at the first STAR waypoint, you can you the altitude of the second waypoint of the STAR.
There are high mountains near SKCL. They are not as near as the mountains in LOWI or NZQN, but, nevertheless, they somewhat interfere with a normal STAR descent. I set the altitude at DAKOP at FL220 and the altitude at ULQ at FL200.

It's a shame that there is no way to properly code a RF leg. We will have to do some workarounds for that. One or two waypoints in between the turn should do the trick for the LT in RNAV (RNP) Y into SKCL RWY19. The problem might be when coding long RF legs, like the one needed to fly the SOUTH RNAV (RNP) 02 into MHTG. It's a 15.9 NM LT leg with a 4.99 NM radius. That will need a lot of user fixes.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I understand your problem. But I don't know how do crew in real life, to do an ARC based on a FIX without DME equipment.....

You have an other solution : Create a "false" DME, with the toolskit, at the location of the fix, with a frequency not used around and the same name that the FIX, and with a short range (10 Nm more than your ARC distance), and transform this DME in your "ICAO.xml". I now that this solution is not realistic, but with it, you will can code your ARC properly.

You have in the toolskit a file called DME.xml. You have just to copy and fill it in your "ICAO.xml" file.

If you don't now how to usu the BGL compiler, send me your "ICAO.xml" file when it is completed and I will compile it for you in BGL.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

New and updated airports, and a small patch for the FMC ( just one xml file to copy in your A320_FMS folder or A318_FMS folder).

All information on this page : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=498

New airports are :

CYLW - Kelowna - British Columbia - CANADA (high difficulties airport - Mountains)
LSZH - Zurich Intl - SWITZERLAND ( include ILS 28 that require to download a freeware scenery or AFCAD . Read Install.txt file to find links. Not necessary if you have the FSdreamTeam Scenery)
NZAA - Auckland - NEW ZEALAND
PASI - Sitka Rocky Gutierrez - Alaska - USA (high difficuties airport)

Updated Airports are (all by Jean-pierre Varnier, except PAJN ):

EDDW - Bremen - Germany (v4.01- LOC approaches added)
ENGM - OSLO Gardermoen - NORWAY (v4.01 - LOC approaches added)
LEBB - Bilbao - Spain ( v4.01 include ILS 09 - provided with a new AFCAD . Read Install.txt file to find links)
LEMD - Madrid Barajas - Spain (v4.01 Provided with a new AFCAD - delete the previous version)
LEZL - Sevilla - Spain (v4.01- LOC approaches added)
LFMP -Perpignan Rivesaltes - FRANCE (v4.01- LOC approaches added)
LFST - Strasbourg Entzheim - FRANCE (v4.01- LOC approaches added)
LFTH - Toulon Hyeres Le Palyvestre - FRANCE (v4.01 Provided with a new AFCAD that add the ILS 05 )
LPPT - Lisbon - PORTUGAL (v4.01- LOC approaches added)
LSGG - Geneve Cointrin - SWITZERLAND (v4.01- LOC approaches added)
PAJN - Juneau - Alaska - USA ( v4.10 - I have added the Runway 26 RNAV-RNP approach, reserved to Alaska Airlines crews )

New AIRAC : FreenavAIRAC_01092015

To Download on the Freenav website

Francois

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,
thanks at first for your effort.

a) FD_FMC PASI 4.0:
just made a spot check from a shorter haul flight from PAKT to PASI via BIORKA and RWY11 (daily Alaska Airlines trip).
The flight plan and all SID-STARS-approach legs look reasonable, but there is an issue, which I could not solve:
After arriving CRZ ALT FL200 the remaining distance is ~165 nm to PASI.
- Surprisingly the TOD=0 and DECELARATION sign is popping up, which is definetly much too early. 90 nm
or so before final destination would be reasonable acc. the formula FL*0,45. Never recognized this "TOD much too early"
behavior to any other destination.
- After pressing ALT the decelaration began as awaited, but the new altitude was set via FMC to 0 (!) :o
and not as awaited to a reasonable altitude.

b) A320_FMS_DES.xml, 09.01.2015:
in climb modus the throttle does not remain in the THR CLB mode. The throttle increases slowly and continuously up to FLEX mode. I had to repeatingly compensate this and to reduce the throttle to THR CLB condition again. As a conseqence I exchanged this xml file to the original one.

Any help appreciated.

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I understand it is perhaps too much work, but the FD-FMC would be more amazing if it was able to perform missed approaches.
Just saying... :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,
thanks at first for your effort.

a) FD_FMC PASI 4.0:
just made a spot check from a shorter haul flight from PAKT to PASI via BIORKA and RWY11 (daily Alaska Airlines trip).
The flight plan and all SID-STARS-approach legs look reasonable, but there is an issue, which I could not solve:
After arriving CRZ ALT FL200 the remaining distance is ~165 nm to PASI.
- Surprisingly the TOD=0 and DECELARATION sign is popping up, which is definetly much too early. 90 nm
or so before final destination would be reasonable acc. the formula FL*0,45. Never recognized this "TOD much too early"
behavior to any other destination.
- After pressing ALT the decelaration began as awaited, but the new altitude was set via FMC to 0 (!) :o
and not as awaited to a reasonable altitude.

b) A320_FMS_DES.xml, 09.01.2015:
in climb modus the throttle does not remain in the THR CLB mode. The throttle increases slowly and continuously up to FLEX mode. I had to repeatingly compensate this and to reduce the throttle to THR CLB condition again. As a conseqence I exchanged this xml file to the original one.

Any help appreciated.

Wulf

Hi wulf,

a) The TOD calculation has not changed; The formula is :

If there is a STAR loaded :
TOD Distance from the Airport destination = ((cruise FL in feet - altitude of the last waypoint STAR)) * 3.5

If no STAR loaded :
TOD Distance from the Airport destination = ((cruise FL in feet - 3000 feet above airport destination)) * 3.5

If no STAR loaded , but user arrival altitude chosen in the FMC :
TOD Distance from the Airport destination = ((cruise FL in feet - user arrival altitude)) * 3.5

The problem in your PASI STAR is just a proble in the STAR file (I have do the thing to quickly yesterday) : Open the STAR_data.csv file with notepad and see the third line , you have :

11-29,BIORKA Transition,LOC/RNAV-11 VOR-29,1,1,VV,PA,,BKA,,,,5500,,1,1,9,189,75

I have douobled the "V" letters. Delete one V to get :
11-29,BIORKA Transition,LOC/RNAV-11 VOR-29,1,1,V,PA,,BKA,,,,5500,,1,1,9,189,75
save your file.

Because this double "V", the waypoint is not created in the flight plan, and as the STAR has just 1 waypoint, that is not created, this is the reason of the bug.

I upload the corrected file now. Thanks for the report ! and sorry for the convenience :(

b)
The "A320_FMS_DES.xml" file is used only during the descent. Your throttle problem may have two way :

It is common to have some parasites in the throttles joystick; I have sometimes the same; Try to filter the throttles with FSUIPC, or save your flight and re-launch your computer to reload the throttle driver.

Other way, your N1 climb thrust is too high (or FSX atmospheric pressure has a bug). You can change during the climb, in the FMC, the N1 value (page TAKE-OFF while you are under 10000 feet, page CLIMB if you are above 10000 feet. Decrease your N1 value of 1%.

But there is no change in this part of code.

Thanks for the feedback about PASI.
Last edited by fdd_fr on 11 Jan 2015, 05:08, edited 4 times in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:I understand it is perhaps too much work, but the FD-FMC would be more amazing if it was able to perform missed approaches.
Just saying... :D
I can't, because the module XMLVars.dll (or XMLTools.dll) can manage only 2048 string variables and I use already these 2048 STRING variables.

Whith the GO-Around function, the approach is automatically reseted to the first waypoint of the approach.

But, if tom Aguilo change the code of his DLL, It will be a huge work to change all the Airport data files. In this case, the problem is not in the FMC code, but to update all existing airport files.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

All is ok, I have uploaded the fixed PASI file on the website (Full airport pack has been updated also).

And In the FD-FMC Project menu, I have added the patch for the A318 about the "FMC managment descent file", because this is not the same than the A320.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I forgot to say that in the Aircraft.cfg file, the right setting for A/THR to avoid too low speed in some approaches is :

section [Autopilot] :
max_throttle_rate= 0.60

old value was 0.30

This setting is for A320 and A318.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

there was another error in the PASI files. ZAVLO waypoint in the BKA RWY LOC approach hadn't minimum altitude.

I am so sorry.

I have uploaded the fixed version 5 minutes ago.

Sorry for the convenience.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi there,
enclosed one pic descending to PAJN Juneau with A320, panel 0,77q, which I want to share with You.
Approach to PAJN with RNP RNAV Rwy26 / Scenery ORBX fullterrain SAK + PAJN airport scenery / REX soft clouds / FSX DX10.
Thanks to Francois for his great work!

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi there,
enclosed one pic descending to PAJN Juneau with A320, panel 0,77q, which I want to share with You.
Approach to PAJN with RNP RNAV Rwy26 / Scenery ORBX fullterrain SAK + PAJN airport scenery / REX soft clouds / FSX DX10.

Wulf
The picture doesn't show up.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Is there any way we can get only the panel lights and not the dome lights during night? Like this?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Wulf
Thanks Wulf

I am happy to share.

The320Pilot wrote:Is there any way we can get only the panel lights and not the dome lights during night? Like this?

Yes. You can download on my website 2 set of VC lights night texture :
- one orange
- one blue

go here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Wulf
Now it does. Whatever...

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Ok, I already downloaded the PA A318 FD-FMC and even before powering the plane up, there is something I don't like: the VC. I think the textures are too dark and the replacement light for the VC (the one toggled via the RECOG light switch) barely makes any change to light up the cockpit. I think the standard colours of the A320 FD-FMC VC are better. However, the VC of the FD-FMC A318 looks like it has a crisper (more HD, if we can say it that way) resolution. Perhaps.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

If you not like the VC Gray textures set , you can replace it by the original set, taht is in the FSX default A321; Then name files are the following :

The day VC set are :
Airbus_A321_1_C.dds
Airbus_A321_2_C.dds
Airbus_A321_3_C.dds
Airbus_A321_4_C.dds

They are located in the "Texture" folder of the FSX Airbus_A321 aircraft. Copy these files in the "Texture" folder of the A320 FD-FMC.

The night textures version have the same name, but with the word "night" inside.

François

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Ok, I already flew a test flight of the A318. It worked pretty well except for four issues:

1. After the aircraft passed over the final cruise waypoint and started to descend towards the first STAR waypoint, the FMC set an altitude of 0' MSL! I had to manually select a reasonable altitude for the first STAR wpt. Then, the FMC set the correct altitudes from the second STAR wpt up to the last one.

2. The FMC couldn't land the A318. After the aircraft passed over the last STAR wpt, it should have continued to descend to the first approach waypoint. This didn't happen. I had to configure the plane for the ILS approach I was flying. In other words, the FMC only worked from climb-out to the IAF. From there onwards, standard autopilot procedures had to be used. :/

3. In the STAR I'm testing out (ULQ4D for SKCL), I set the values so that the FMC flies the aircraft at 180 KIAS at the last STAR wpt. However, the plane slowed down to around 168 KIAS.

4. Both in the A318 and the A320, the PFD looks like this when the descent begins (and remains this way while THR IDLE is on).
(Look at the magenta triangles on the speed tape. There should be one, not three of them.)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:Ok, I already flew a test flight of the A318. It worked pretty well except for four issues:

1. After the aircraft passed over the final cruise waypoint and started to descend towards the first STAR waypoint, the FMC set an altitude of 0' MSL! I had to manually select a reasonable altitude for the first STAR wpt. Then, the FMC set the correct altitudes from the second STAR wpt up to the last one.

2. The FMC couldn't land the A318. After the aircraft passed over the last STAR wpt, it should have continued to descend to the first approach waypoint. This didn't happen. I had to configure the plane for the ILS approach I was flying. In other words, the FMC only worked from climb-out to the IAF. From there onwards, standard autopilot procedures had to be used. :/

3. In the STAR I'm testing out (ULQ4D for SKCL), I set the values so that the FMC flies the aircraft at 180 KIAS at the last STAR wpt. However, the plane slowed down to around 168 KIAS.

4. Both in the A318 and the A320, the PFD looks like this when the descent begins (and remains this way while THR IDLE is on).
(Look at the magenta triangles on the speed tape. There should be one, not three of them.)

Hi theA320pilot,

1. If the altitude is set to 0 during a STAR, there are 2 possibilities :
- Maybe have you forgotten to set an minimum altitude to a waypoint of your STAR
- One of your waypoint STAR hasn't been created in the fight plan (syntax error in the name or the region code or FSX missing waypoint that is not added in the BGL file that you must build with BGL compiler with the "ICAO.xml" file.

So, to tesst if a waypoint is not created in the flight plan, use the procedure that I wrote in the SID STAR manual: Load a flight with a flight plan with your destination airport, and on ground, load each STAR and delete it immediately and check if the feparture airport disappears of the flight plan ; IF it is the case, this is the sign that a waypoint of this STAR is not created.
When you have completed all your data files, you must test them, before flight, to be sure that all waypoint of each SID, STAR or Approach is properly created. There are always errors (After more than 60 airports created, I do yet errors ! ). That's never work at the first time.
Have you compile your "SKCL.xml" file in BGL ? Have you place this SKCL.BGL file in your "Addon Scenery\Scenery" folder ?

Send me by mail your .XLS worksheet and your "SKCL.xml" file or your SKCL.bgl file.

2. this problem is linked to the first problem I think,. Send me your files

3.THis problem comes from a too low reaction of the A/THR. I posted some days ago a new setting ti change in the Aircraft.cfg file:
in the [AUTOPILOT] section change the value of :
actually, you have : max_throttle_rate= 0.30
set to : max_throttle_rate= 0.60

4. No, during the descent , you have on a Airbus PFD 3 speed bugs. There is a rang of +/- 20 Knots between the target speed. Aircraft can stay between this speed range during a managed descent in THR IDLE mode. You have also this rnage during the THR CLB mode (but range is more small (+/- 5 knots) and it will be added on the final version of the aircraft.

see below, a picture comes from the US Airways training crew manual :

And here, ascreenshots comes from the Offical Airbus industries FCOM on the A32x family :
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/863164PFD2.jpg

If you want, I can put upload the A320 FCOM on my website. More than 1000 pages to read !

Send me your SKCL files and I will check where is the problem.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

fdd_fr wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:Ok, I already flew a test flight of the A318. It worked pretty well except for four issues:

1. If the altitude is set to 0 during a STAR, there are 2 possibilities :
- Maybe have you forgotten to set an minimum altitude to a waypoint of your STAR
- One of your waypoint STAR hasn't been created in the fight plan (syntax error in the name or the region code or FSX missing waypoint that is not added in the BGL file that you must build with BGL compiler with the "ICAO.xml" file.

So, to tesst if a waypoint is not created in the flight plan, use the procedure that I wrote in the SID STAR manual: Load a flight with a flight plan with your destination airport, and on ground, load each STAR and delete it immediately and check if the feparture airport disappears of the flight plan ; IF it is the case, this is the sign that a waypoint of this STAR is not created.
When you have completed all your data files, you must test them, before flight, to be sure that all waypoint of each SID, STAR or Approach is properly created. There are always errors (After more than 60 airports created, I do yet errors ! ). That's never work at the first time.
Have you compile your "SKCL.xml" file in BGL ? Have you place this SKCL.BGL file in your "Addon Scenery\Scenery" folder ?

Send me by mail your .XLS worksheet and your "SKCL.xml" file or your SKCL.bgl file.

2. this problem is linked to the first problem I think,. Send me your files

3.THis problem comes from a too low reaction of the A/THR. I posted some days ago a new setting ti change in the Aircraft.cfg file:
in the [AUTOPILOT] section change the value of :
actually, you have : max_throttle_rate= 0.30
set to : max_throttle_rate= 0.60

4. No, during the descent , you have on a Airbus PFD 3 speed bugs. There is a rang of +/- 20 Knots between the target speed. Aircraft can stay between this speed range during a managed descent in THR IDLE mode. You have also this rnage during the THR CLB mode (but range is more small (+/- 5 knots) and it will be added on the final version of the aircraft.

see below, a picture comes from the US Airways training crew manual :

And here, ascreenshots comes from the Offical Airbus industries FCOM on the A32x family :

If you want, I can put upload the A320 FCOM on my website. More than 1000 pages to read !

Send me your SKCL files and I will check where is the problem.

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I'll send to you the SKCL.xls, SKCL.xml and SKCL.bgl files. What a pain in the butt is to code the STARs and approaches! :|
One thousand pages to read, that's too much!
The orange night VC lighting looks amazing. :)

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I've found something that doesn't corresponds to reality. In real life, when the spoilers are in armed mode for landing, they extend upon touchdown, but will not retract automatically. You see, in the FD-FMC A320, they retract when reverse thrust is deselected, but in the Aerosoft A320, as well as in the real-life A320, the pilot needs to retract them manually. Can that be modeled?

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, I flew yesterday to test ice protection systems in A320. I found that swithing off wing/Eng1-2 ice protection induces (after a while, when icing come up) a reduction of throttle position on the console.. and also a reduction of the thrust percentage in ECAM. This test was made with A/THR OFF, speed constant.
It's weird. In default A321 I had only speed reduction without changes in throttle position.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:I've found something that doesn't corresponds to reality. In real life, when the spoilers are in armed mode for landing, they extend upon touchdown, but will not retract automatically. You see, in the FD-FMC A320, they retract when reverse thrust is deselected, but in the Aerosoft A320, as well as in the real-life A320, the pilot needs to retract them manually. Can that be modeled?

I suppose than Aerosoft gauges are wrote in C++ and don't use the FSX XML SIMVars. My panel is totally wrote in XML and I have no choice to use the FSX XML fonction and by default, in FSX, the auo-spoiler function retract them when your move your throttle to 0.

I can code in XML a retractation according the spoiler lever position, but in this case, auto-spoiler will not work; You will have to deploy manually spoilers when landing.

I will see if I an find a "un-official" solution to change this state.

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi, I flew yesterday to test ice protection systems in A320. I found that swithing off wing/Eng1-2 ice protection induces (after a while, when icing come up) a reduction of throttle position on the console.. and also a reduction of the thrust percentage in ECAM. This test was made with A/THR OFF, speed constant.
It's weird. In default A321 I had only speed reduction without changes in throttle position.
ON a real Aircraft, engine anti-ice take air via bleeds after the LP compressor, so in this case, engine lost thrust and I suppose that it turns more slowly.
THe XML variables of FSX are limited, so I cannot controls all parametters as a gauge wrote in C++. But I think that the result is more realistic in this case, because, engine anti ice occurs less thrust. I don't see a problem here. FMC control engines via N1 value, and not via Throttles, like FSX default aircraft.
So, the engine icing is not simulated in FSX (only pitot icing), so this function has no many importance.
So maybe I havn't understand what you want to say.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi thanks for your reply. I guess FSX simulates engine intake's icing by reducing power. So when icing occours on engines intakes (it takes more then 30 minutes when flying in icing conditions; according to web), we can see a reduction of the thrust power. FSX also simulates wing icing, and probably this reduces flight performance.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT
I need to rewrite all this!! I made an other test and it seems that there is no reduction of power thrust/percentage. Only speed drops. It seems icing occours better when you climb. I used the mod "icev10.zip" that you can found on the web as .zip archive. It's nice because it gives you the information about icing coverage on the wings!

However, icing works fine, that's it!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

If all is ok for you, I am happy, because I have to say that now, I want publish the panel. I think that there is no longer bugs or error and I want stop here and publish it, because 2 years of work if enough. There is always something or new function to add, but in this case, the project will not ending.

I want work now to adapt FD-FMC on other aircrafts, and create airports data files. I wait the english translation of the A320 user manual and I will upload the A320 on AVSIM library.

Final A320 FD-FMC panel is ready. Now, I work on A318,A319 and A321 adaptation of FD-FMC and also on the A330 model, but I have many problems with A330.....with the gravity center according fuel quantity, during climb. I must found new mathematical formulas for FD-FMC.

Edit : I will upload tomorrow following airports :
- CYYJ - Victoria Canada
- TNCM - Princesse Juliana - San Marteens
- NZWN - Wellington - New Zealand

And I will start to work on UUDD - Moscow Domodedovo and WMKK - Kuala Lumpur, with the third runway

Francois

Edit : UUDD will be report, because charts are very complex and require many time. I will do OMDB - Dubai.

Edit 2 : It seems that it remains a bug if you have programmed a second flight level according a weight, and during the cruise, if you sleect with the ALT knob a new higher altitude, the programmed second flight level is not cancelled, and occurs a bug when the aircraft reachs the weight limit.

I will correct this bug. I will do the following code :

If crew change the flight level, during cruise, for a higher, this action will cancel the programmed 2nd step flght level if it exists. But crew will can set a new 2nd flight level according a weight, when the aircraft will reach its new cruise level, selected with the ALT knob.
I don't know if I am clear, but with your actual panel, don't change cuise level altitude, if you have programmed a second flight level according a weight. The 2 action occurs a bug.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

You did an extraordinary work! Many thanks, we are looking forward your final release

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Today, an update of the panel, with this final presentation. Attention, panel folder have changed; read the instruction

A320Pilot, you will be happy, now, spoilers don't retract themself when landing. Auto-spoilers are disarmed when the aircraft roll below 60 knots and you must move the spoiler lever to retract them after landing.

Download the last version of the A320 FD-FMC panel – version 0.80 for CFm and IAE - January 2015 file (see above) for A320 beta 0.77q CFM and IAE. Please, note that Panel folders have changed, and new version of the « Aircraft.cfg » file, and new « Effect » provided in this pack; Read below :

A320 FD-FMC Beta version 0.80 January,18 2015
===============================

Install instruction :

- Delete your old « Panel » folder of each engine version (CFM and IAE)
- Copy the « panel.A320CFM » folder in the A320 CFM folder
- Copy the « panel.A320IAE » folder in your A320 IAE folder
This panel is provided with a new verison of the Aircraft.cfg file, because there are new settings and effects.
You must copy in this new Aircraft.cfg file your [FLTsim.x] section for your repaints. But change in each of your [Fltsim.x] section that you have the following lines :
panel=A320CFM and panel=A320IAE

Copy, from the « Gauges » folder of this pack, to your FSX « gauges » folder, the file « A320FD-FMC.CAB »
Copy all the files located in the « Effects » folder of this pack, in your FSX « Effects » folder. (you can keep the old version of hte effect files by rename them « .FSX » at the end of their name).
Each version is provided with Reference and checck HTM files, that you can read during the flight.
What’s new with this version :

Version 0.80 :
==========
- Now, savegame files are deleted only when the aircraft landing AND its speed is below 30 Kts. This new function avoid to delete files if you crash at landing, and you can do again your approach.
- Fix a bug that kept the aircraft in HDG mode if the last waypoint of a STAR was a the end of a DME-ARC or the end of a teardrop turn
- Fix a bug which occured when a second flight level according a waight was programmed in the FMC, and if during cruise, you changed of flight level with the ALT knob. In this case, the FMC could not engage the descent. Now, when you change your flight level with the ALT knob, during cruise, FMC programmed second flight level according weight is cancelled, but after reach your new flight level, you can set a new second flight level according weight, in the FMC.
- When a second flight level according weight, was programmed in the FMC, if the « STEP AHEAD » was in the 200 Nm of the destination, there was a bug, and the Aircraft could not descend :Bug fixed. I added a security, that avoid to engage a climb in the 200Nm radius destination.
- Fix a bug when the flight was saved, about fuel consumption.
- Now, when landing, Spoilers are not retracted automtically. You must do an action on the Spoiler lever to retract them, if hte the aircraft roll less than 60 Kts. (like the real life).

Change in the Aircraft CFG

- New fuel flow value, to get a more realistic flght range.
- New effects (rain and snow). Effects file realized By Keven Menard.
- New Cruise pitch attitude (less incidence)
- A/THR reaction increased, to avoid too low speed during appraoches.

There are also 3 new Airports :

CYYJ – Victoria – Canada
NZWN – Auckland – New Zealand (north island)
TNCM – Princess Juliana Intl Airport – Sint Marteens – Netherlands Antilles.
TNCM is fully compatible with the Fly Tampa Scenery.

2 Airports have been updated, tofix bugs :

LSZB – Bern Belp – Switzerland (by Georges)
LSGG – Geneve Cointrin – Switzerland, where one SID had errors.

New AIRAC is available : Version 01182015.

All can be download on the website : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=510

EDIT : There was an error in the panel declaration on the top of the post; I have updated and overlines in red; thanks to Prosdocimo for his message !
François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Info: The current AIRAC file in the freenavdbgroup download section is the old file: FD_FMC airports pack V4 01092015.zip

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks, I have forgotten to refresh the page when I have uploaded the file. error fixed.

Thank you wulf

I forgot always something when I update the website.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, thanks. Do we need also to delete the four .bgl files in Scenary folder? (KBOI_ADEX_FDD; LEMD_ADEX_ILS_18L; LEZL_ILS09 and LFTH_ADEX_JPV)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

No, keep the AFCAD.

You have just to delete the old FreenavAIRAC_xxxxxx.blg file.

It must have always one FreenavAIRAC_xxxxxx.blg file in the Scenery folder; But you must keep all the other BGL (there are AFCAD with ILS updates)