Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Jose,

Thank you for your very good french !

Please, tell me what sim you use (FSX SP2 or P3D). Open your dll.xml file with notepad and post here the content of the file

Francois

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hello Francois,
You are most welcome.
My sim FSX Acceleration pack
and the dll is as follows.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>
-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools</Name>
<Path>XMLTools.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
João

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:I will move backward the A318 VC, Prosdocimo;

Carlos, I will upload tomorrow new airports
LFML Marseille france
KWYS Yellowstone, realized by Wulf !
KSLC Salt lake city (huge airport)
VIDP New Delhi by Georges
and peharps BIKF Keflavik Iceland

I hope that your SKBO will be ready tomorrow.
No, SKBO will not be ready tomorrow. I won't have time to test it until next week.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fly2001 wrote: ........
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools</Name>
<Path>XMLTools.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
João
Maybe I can help. This looks ok. Now I recommend to check the following:

XMLTools.dll:
- The file "XMLTools.dll" should be included in the FSX root folder
- If yes, then this file should be then recognizable in the FSX.cfg file in the [TRUSTED] section after FSX restart.

Airport data base:
- Open the FD_FMC folder within the FSX root folder and check if there are several airport folders (airport ICAO names) included
- Open the FMC_Path.ini file within the FD_FMC folder and send to us the content from the FMC_Path.ini file. Only one command line included.
- Which OS do you use?

Wulf

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hi Wulf

Everything as you mentioned.

FMC_Path.ini as follows:
C:\\Documents and Settings\\João\\My Documents\\Flight Simulator X Files\\

Hope your help

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fly2001 wrote: FMC_Path.ini as follows:
C:\\Documents and Settings\\João\\My Documents\\Flight Simulator X Files\\
I guess you use WIN XP? Please go into the "My Documents" folder and have a look into the properties "Flight Simulator X Files" folder.
The path description should be indentical as shown in the properties (The \\ devider are correct as shown above).

- Pls. go to FSX/Gauges/ folder and you should find the file(s) A320FD-FMC.CAB and/or A318FD-FMC.CAB.
- then go to FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/PA A320FD-FMC_CFM/ folder or ... _IAE/ folder.
Besides model, texture, aircraft.cfg etc folders you should find the folder "panel.A320IAE" or "panel.A320CFM"
- What do you see when you open the FMC in the VC? May be a screenshot might be helpfull.

Wulf

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hi Wulf

So sorry not to mention my system is Windows 10. Here is my new FMC_Path.ini :

C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Games\\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\

And now the great problem: How to add an image to this message?

As for the pannel there is a magenta 0 on the bottom of the FMS.

Thank you so much.

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hi Wulf,
Loaded FSX once again with the DLL that I put here and no magenta 0 on the bottom of the FMS. Everything as per yor instructions.
Thank you so much once again.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Françoise, is it possible in your opinion simulate better air cond/bleed in your panel? Thx

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I cann simulate only engines startup procedure with bleed,because other systems (De-ice, pressurization, air cond) are not simulated in FSX (no XML instruction available).

Example : With icing, there is only the pitot icing simulated. There is no variable or instruction available about wings or engines incing.
Same thing for pressurization or air cond; Nothing available in XML code in the microsoft SDK.

It is possible only by write this part of sim in C++ (like paywares), but I haven't the knowledge to code in C++ and I am too old to learn !!

What you would get ?

5 new airports added :

EDDS - Stuttgart, Germany, By Philippe Bronier
LFML - Marseille Provence, France, by Jean-Pierre Varnier
KWYS - West Yellowstone, USA, by Wulf Bindewald
KSLC - Salt Lake City, USA, by Francois Dore
VIDP - New Dheli, India, by Georges

New AIRAC : 10312015

Available on freenavdbgroup website

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fly2001 wrote:Hi Wulf

So sorry not to mention my system is Windows 10. Here is my new FMC_Path.ini :

C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Games\\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\
I must admit I do not have WIN10 and so I do not know the path arrangement for FSX in WIN10.
Independently please check, that the path you are describing will lead to the appropriate folder including files with the ending .FLT, .FSSAVE, .WX and most important .PLN files . The latter include the flightpan informations. FLT,FSSVA, WX endings are relevant for individually saved flights. If not, then look for this file and adopt the folder path for FMC_PAth.ini.

If there are still difficulties to find the correct data path description you should look at the installation manual for WIN7.

Wulf

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

fdd_fr wrote: ..
What you would get ?
Nothing special, bleed switch needs to be put on Auto to avoid depressurization at high altitude, you told me time ago. But even if i turn it off nothing happens.
By your explanation i understand why, so that's it!

Thanks for the new airports

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Independently please check, that the path you are describing will lead to the appropriate folder including files with the ending .FLT, .FSSAVE, .WX and most important .PLN files . The latter include the flightpan informations. FLT,FSSVA, WX endings are relevant for individually saved flights. If not, then look for this file and adopt the folder path for FMC_PAth.ini.
Hi Wulf,
If I understand FMC_Path.ini should not led to the folder FD_FMC on the root of FSX, but to the folder where de .FLT, .FSSAVE, .WX and most important .PLN[/u] files are saved. Right?
Regards.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fly2001 wrote:
Hi Wulf,
If I understand FMC_Path.ini should not led to the folder FD_FMC on the root of FSX, but to the folder where de .FLT, .FSSAVE, .WX and most important .PLN[/u] files are saved. Right?
Regards.
Yes

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi François, i'm wondering how choose the right STAR. In Fiumicino, Rome, i'm fine as all the STARs permitt me to assign the right approach, as ATC gives me the runway in time before the last STAR waypoint.
But in other airports the last STAR waypoint is far from Tower communication range and several times i found myself to be directed into an other approach on the last STAR waypoint being already activated

So is possible add a line in FMC descent's page about the expected landing runway at destination or (maybe better and easier) a line that reports wind direction on destination airport? Or wind direction on Map page below the single displayed airports?

Thanks!

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi François, i'm wondering how choose the right STAR. In Fiumicino, Rome, i'm fine as all the STARs permitt me to assign the right approach, as ATC gives me the runway in time before the last STAR waypoint.
But in other airports the last STAR waypoint is far from Tower communication range and several times i found myself to be directed into an other approach on the last STAR waypoint being already activated

So is possible add a line in FMC descent's page about the expected landing runway at destination or (maybe better and easier) a line that reports wind direction on destination airport? Or wind direction on Map page below the single displayed airports?

Thanks!
You have two options--I guess--to know what's the weather at your arrival airport:

1. Default FSX ATC: tune your radio to the airport's ATIS. It will give you the winds, all the weather, and the runway(s) in use.
2. IVAO: open the IvAp box, and click on ACARS. then click on button next to your arrival airport. To check the METAR of other airports, write .wx ICAO (replace ICAO with the airport code you need). I don't know how to do that in VATSIM.

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hi François and Wulf
After many attempts I finally can use A320 FMS with SID & STARS. I uninstall and reinstall FSX and FD_FMC went straightforward. I think I should have several .ini .dll etc files in excess around FSX. Cann't see no other explanation.
Thank you once again for your wonderfull project.
Best regards

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Good flight fly20001

About A318 VC location, I edited the MDL file and back forward the VC position.

I think that the new file is very close of the right position.

YOu can donwload the new A318 mdl file here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/Airbus_A318_Interior.mdl

Copy this file in the A318 "\model.cfm\" folder. (new file is called "Airbus_A318_Interior.mdl" to avoid errors)

Edit the model.cfg file located in this folder and replace the line

interior=Airbus_A321_interior

by

interior=Airbus_A318_interior

Thanks for your feedback

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

A318 VC location shift:
- The new VC position fits well by visual check, but
- the new VC location from e.g. captain´s view in the VC is a couple of meters in the front/outside and must be manually shifted backwards to fit in the VC again. This should be adjusted in one reasonable and standart A318-VC-position again, but where? in the aircraft.cfg? ...otherwise this exercise must be repeatingly done after each aircraft selection.
- movable switches do not work e.g. APU selector or landing light or ...here I guess they have to be relocated too.
- push knobes e.g. battery switch work (not checked all!)

Is it possible to correct in addition some pbs in the model e.g. VOR navigation knobe or to integrate the click-sound in the strobe light switch
during this exercise?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Sorry; As I not use FSX cameras (i Use only EZDock cameras) , I haven't check the problem.

VC camera configuration is in the Aircraft.cfg; I will fix it tomorrow.

But there is a huge problem; It seems than some knobs and switches don't work after new compilation.

Peharps a not possible work for ModelconverterX.....

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I don't know if these posts may help

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thread ... tion.3177/

Thanks TheA320Pilot, i will check ATIS farther then when i see its frequency displayed on ATC window. I tested this, i could receive ATIS a different distances depending by boundaries in FSX map

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks Prosdocimo. I am not sure to understand the solution wrote in this thread (I am not a Modeler ! ) But I will read again and again and I sent a message to ModelConverterX author.

But this is exactly the issue : All VC objects that have an animation lost their mouse area.

But I don't understand why, I did this operation with the A330 and all has worked fine !

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I also read that thread but i was not able to understand it as well! However not all buttons but just some of them. For instance radio switches work, but not spoiler and flap levers. Or in overhead panel some buttons work and other not.

Beside, i like the possibility to change ECAM memos clicking left or right. Could you also make scrolling down/up the systems menù in lower ECAM as well? In this way you could add more alerts to show in case of system failures

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I will try to add scrolling message...

New Airports uploaded :

BIKF – Keflavik Iceland, by Francois Dore
LFOB – Beauvais Tille – France, by Jean-Pierre Varnier
PAGS – Gustavus – USA (Alaska), by Wulf Bindewald
PAPG – Petersburg – USA (Alaska), by Wulf Bindewald
PAWG – Wrangell – USA (Alaska), by Wulf Bindewald
YPDN – Darwin – Australia, by francois Dore

And one update :

VIDP – New Dheli – India v4.02, by Georges

Congratulation to wulf : 3 Aiports !!

Good flight

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks!
I found that in LFMN (Nice), ILS path is not alligned with the runway 4R. 4L is fine

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

This is the reality about LFMN - Nice. I believe that the offset is 4°.

I take Aircraft (A320 and A319 to come back this afternoon) in 3 hours, from LFPO to LFMN ! I go to "Cannes"; Many works after rain disasters 1 month ago.

I go to LFMN 3-4 times by year, and always landing 04R.

04L is used for take-off.

Never landing 22L/22R; I think that approach is too dangerous and used only if west wind is very very high !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I Just Land on 04L !!

Thère is a begining at all

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:I Just Land on 04L !!

Thère is a begining at all
I don't know the airport in real life, but every time I've been to LFMN in IVAO, I have landed on 04L or 22R. The approach to runway 22R is not dangerous; I think that the LOWI Circle to land 08 is way more challenging than the VOR or RNAV 22R approach at LFMN.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

22R is not an easy approach. After the final 90° left turn, you havn't many time to align the runway. But I am a very bad pilot :laugh:

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I never fly with IVAO or VATSIM. THis is an experience that I should like test ... but with my english knoledge , it will be hard :(

Do you use the FMC when you are on IVAO ? I have no idea if FD-FMC is usable for Net fly. Can you give some feedback the320pilot ?

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:I never fly with IVAO or VATSIM. THis is an experience that I should like test ... but with my english knoledge , it will be hard :(

Do you use the FMC when you are on IVAO ? I have no idea if FD-FMC is usable for Net fly. Can you give some feedback the320pilot ?

Francois
Yes. In fact, I do most of my flights with the A320 FD-FMC. This program of yours is very useful for IVAO (and VATSIM, I suppose) because:
1. You can add user waypoints to fly in airways that need RNAV capability.
2. If an airport doesn't have a SID or STAR, it is possible to add some user waypoints to more or less follow the intended route.
3. You don't have to calculate your TOD; the FMC does that work for you.

I think the only thing that would be missing is the ability to manually add a holding. Sometimes IVAO or VATSIM ATC will instruct you to hold somewhere because of traffic, and with the current version of the FMC, it is not possible to add the holding and let the aircraft fly it.

P.S.: Francois, I will send you the SKBO files tomorrow.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

during some A320_FDD_FMC V1.00 flight tests I discovered that in a 3000ft-opposite-right hold pattern the intended descend speed 210 kts was automatically and independently set to 200 kts (beginning of crossing leg up to pattern completion).

There is mentioned in the freenav DB tool manual, that the std. pattern speed will be automatically set to 200 kts for pattern < 6000ft ONLY if there are no speed inputs set. I ask for clarification please.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

AIRBUS Holding pattern speed constraint are always applied even if there is already a speed constraint at the waypoint.

If waypoint has a speed constraint, FD-FMC will apply always the lowest speed between waypoint constraint and Airbus hold constraint.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

By the way, it's written "speed max", so any value below could be ok

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yesterday was a black day......

3 weeks ago, I was at the Bataclan, to see a Irish rock band called "The Stripes".....

We live in a crazy world.......

So, life must be continued; I uploaded 3 new Airports :

KMIA – Miami International – USA (Florida)by Francois Dore
NTAA – Papeete Faaa – French Polynesia (compatible with Aerosoft Tahiti X), by Francois Dore
SKBO – Bogota El Dorado – Columbia by Carlos Mario Diaz (theA320pilot)

New AIRAC :11152015

Good flight

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I begin ZSPD, Shanghai Pudong.

On Chinese charts, Altitude are in meters, speed in Km/h, DME distances in Nm and other distance in Km !!!!!!!!!!

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:I begin ZSPD, Shanghai Pudong.

On Chinese charts, Altitude are in meters, speed in Km/h, DME distances in Nm and other distance in Km !!!!!!!!!!
Russian charts are the same!

neilh1983

Post by neilh1983 »

Hi, any news on a full a321 package with the awesome fd-fmc? Cant seem to find it.

Thanks

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

neilh1983 wrote:Hi, any news on a full a321 package with the awesome fd-fmc? Cant seem to find it.

Thanks

It's not done yet. Currently, the A320 and A318 are yours for the taking; the A319 and A321 are still WIP.

neilh1983

Post by neilh1983 »

Thanks mate. A320 awesome, installed a318 last night. Love the work.

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

[quote="The320Pilot"]
[quote=It's not done yet. Currently, the A320 and A318 are yours for the taking; the A319 and A321 are still WIP]

Hi
If there is an a318 with the same caliber of the wonderfull a320 fd-fmc please insert the link where I can download it. For my short flights it would wonderfull.
Thanks in advance.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fly2001 wrote: Hi
If there is an a318 with the same caliber of the wonderfull a320 fd-fmc please insert the link where I can download it. For my short flights it would wonderfull.
Thanks in advance.
Have a look here.

spyrosv89

Post by spyrosv89 »

Can I download it if i am not in the beta ? :/

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Yes.

spyrosv89

Post by spyrosv89 »

Ok thanks !

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi could you please make also Milan Malpensa LIMC?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok, LIMC will be done, in 2 weeks ;)

No update last weekend because I worked with Wulf on a A320 panel update with new features. This new version will be ready for next weekend and the following airports will be ready :

EGAA - Belfast Ireland
KACV - Arcata-Eureka USA
KMFR - Rogue Valley-Medford USA
KSAN - San Diego USA
LKPR - Prague Zcech Republic
LDZA - Zagreb Croatia
ZSPD - Shanghai Pudong China
and peharps KMSP - Minneapolis USA

et some updates
VNKT which will have the new special gradient data and NTAA which has errors in some STAR

New panel add backcourse LOC approach (like A318), possibility to get a improved presentation of SID and STAR index, in the gauge, and introduction of the approach gradient data in approaches files (can have multiple leg gradient for an approach).

More information saturday :)

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hi

It is really a pleasure to fly PA A318 on my short flights.
Thank you all at Project Airbus.

Best regards

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Thanks! By the way.. also Genova LIMJ? It's difficult due to crosswind

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prosdocimo wrote:Thanks! By the way.. also Genova LIMJ? It's difficult due to crosswind
Here a pic with wind statistics - mostly crosswind from the NE.
BTW windfinder.com is a very helpfull website for worldwide wind forecasts, actual wind and statistics.