Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Prosdocimo

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Prosdocimo »

Good job! To me everything is ok!

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

enclosed one example to demonstrate the new A320_CFM panel 1.50 beta capabilities e.g. predictive gradient and TOD definition. The shown altitude and speed graphs are derived from the monitoring data in the .csv file, included in the FD_FMC/_Blackbox folder.

Thanks to Francois for his great program work.

Note: KELP and KPHX airport data base are still in progress.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

I am preparing the database update..... available in few hours.....with EDDC, KTUS, LDDU, LIMZ, LJLJ and LIMJ update.

Uder construction :
- KELP
- KPHX
- LEAS
- LIEA
- LGKR

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Database updated :

- EDDC - Dresden - Germany by Martien Van Rooten
- KTUS - Tucson - USA (Arizona) by Wulf Bindewald
- LDDU - Dubrovnik - Croatia by Martien Van Rooten
- LIMZ - Cuneo/Levaldigi - Italy by Philippe Bronier
- LJLJ - Lubjana - Slovenia by Georges

Updates :
- LIMJ - Genoa - Italy by françois Doré : New version with current runway designator (10-28) ; requires an updated AFCAD or scenery with current runway names.

New AIRAC files :

- FreenavAIRAC_07162016.BGL
- XFMC_06042016.BGL

http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=1145

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote:enclosed one example to demonstrate the new A320_CFM panel 1.50 beta capabilities e.g. predictive gradient and TOD definition. The shown altitude and speed graphs are derived from the monitoring data in the .csv file, included in the FD_FMC/_Blackbox folder.

Thanks to Francois for his great program work.

Note: KELP and KPHX airport data base are still in progress.

Now that looks amazing! :D

P.S.: I'll be away from the FD-FMC for a while because I had to reinstall my operative system. Luckily, I could conserve my files; I can't speak about my applications: all of them are gone and I'll have to install them back. I have reinstalled FSX already, but not any add-ons yet. I hope FSX will be back next weekend.

Francois, could you do SBRJ?

AirbusA343

Post by AirbusA343 »

The320Pilot wrote:
AirbusA343 wrote:I already downloaded this but I have a problem:
I did everything in the pre-start checklist except for two things: I cannot turn on the engine 1 and engine 2 bleed switches.
You need to first move the BLEED knob from APU to AUTO.
Oh, I see. Thanks.

fly2001

Post by fly2001 »

Hello to all in PA.
I finally manage to have FMS on a3XX and if it does work well. I still don't understand what was wrong.
Thank you soooo much to all of you who made this possible.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Good news.

Next airport databse will be august 27 (holidays 8-) )

Final Full A320 1.50 will be available at this date, with auto-installer (and also aonly panel update with panel updater software).

A318 / A321 update --> end of september

A319 - > october

After, maybe new project : PA A380.

Francois

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois..
sometime ago, I had a problem getting the FMC to work...My PC crashed and I've now got a new 'build' so I'm having to start again with FSX..First thing I did was to add the AB package (A320)..Happy to say..It's working fine now..One Q..I installed the FD-FMC Folder...before I'd added Google Earth (too keen you see) Airports are not showing up on GE..Any way of adding them after GE is installed? Thanks for your help in the past BTW.
Thanks
ZA

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, how are the A318, A319, A320 IAE and A321 going?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

end of holydays :laugh: :P :/ :@

A320 final update (and its auto-installer) are close to be completed. So I think that the definitive final pack of A320 (CFM and IAE) will be online mid-september.

From mid september, I will work on A318/A319 and A321 update, as quick as possible.

Airport database update :

Today, following airports have been added :

NEW AIRPORTS:

KABQ – Albuquerque Intl – USA (New Mexico) – realized by Wulf Bindewald
KELP – El Paso – USA (Texas) – realized by Wulf Bindewald
LEIB – Ibiza – Spain – realized by Martien Van Rooten
LEMH – Menorca – Spain – Realized by Martien Van Rooten : Provided with an updated AFCAD that add missing ILS
LGIR – Iraklion – Greece – Martien Van Rooten
LIEA – Alghero/FertiliaItaly (Sardegna) – realized by Philippe Bronier
YPPH – Perth – Australia – Realized by Georges

UPDATES :

EDDC v4.01 – Dresden – Germany – Updated by Martien : IAF and STAR added
KACV v4.01 – Arcata/Eureka – USA – updated by Wulf : Arrivals redefined
KLMT v4.02 – Klamath Falls – USA – updated by Wulf : All arrivals and approaches revised. Departures updated
KMFR v4.02 – Rogue Valley / Medford – USA – Updated by wulf : Updated: All arrivals, approaches and SID departures updated
KPSP v4.03 – Palms Springs – USA – Updated by Wulf : RNAV Y Rwy 31L Approach updated
KSBA v4.01 – Santa Barbara Municipal – USA – Updated by Wulf : STAR redefined, SID updated
KSBP v4.02 – San Luis regional – USA – Updated by wulf : STAR redefined
KTUS v4.01 – Tucson – USA – Updated by Wulf : Departure clearance altitude corrected

Thanks to member who worked during august !!!!

New AIRAC file : 09032016

Link : http://freenavdbgroup.com/

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Thanks Guys..:-)

Jakub

Post by Jakub »

Hi Francois,

I know I am little off topic, but... My hobby is HTML and PHP coding and so I had an idea to develop small web application for flight preparing (suited for your aircraft). It should contain an payload calculator (loadsheet) and fuel planner. First I would like to start with A320. Then, if this application will find its users, I could add calculator for other aircrafts of A320 family. Now I would like to ask you for some help. I was studying aircraft.cfg file (weight and balance section) and that is what I do not understand. When I get together passengers of all cabin sectors, there is weight of 138 passengers only. Where are those 12 who remain to full capacity of 150 pax? And what about 180 seats version? Thank you for your answer. And I am sorry if I disturb you with this (maybe) useless thing!

Jakub

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, I had a problem with the A320 on my last flight. I was performing a short flight from SKBO to SKPE with the following flightplan:

Code: Select all

SILE7A SILEG W42 IBG W2 EPO EPO3F
(A note on this: in the files, there is no SILEG7A, look for SILEG6A instead. It has the same waypoints, just a different name, that's all. Also, there is no data for SKPE.)

I took off from SKBO rwy 13R (so, choose SID SILEG6A.13R) with a FLX TEMP of 64°C. Everything was normal until I set the A/P for managed climb. In that moment, the A/THR moved the throttles back. I wanted to see how the A/P and A/THR would behave, and the throttles ended up in the IDLE position and the aircraft stalled. At that moment, I disconnected the A/P and A/THR and recovered from the stall.

So, I don't know why this is happened. In fact, it is not the first time it happens. Every time I take off from SKBO with the last A320 FD-FMC update this happens. It didn't happened with previous versions of the aircraft. I don't have this issue with any other airport. Is it maybe because SKBO is a high airport (elevation of 8360 ft)?

Could you please try to recreate the flight for yourself and try to see what happens? I could make a video showing it if you want, but it may take a while.

Thank you.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Weird stuff: tried the flight again and I had no problem this time! Whatever is happening to this A320 is out of my reach. I'll post if it happens again.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The320Pilot wrote: I took off from SKBO rwy 13R (so, choose SID SILEG6A.13R) with a FLX TEMP of 64°C. Everything was normal until I set the A/P for managed climb. In that moment, the A/THR moved the throttles back. I wanted to see how the A/P and A/THR would behave, and the throttles ended up in the IDLE position and the aircraft stalled. At that moment, I disconnected the A/P and A/THR and recovered from the stall.
I could not duplicate this issue in SKBO SID SILEG6A.13R on my end. If You have a joystick-throttle then I guess it has to do with the joystick position during departure and it should be set to ~90%, not to idle.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote:
The320Pilot wrote: I took off from SKBO rwy 13R (so, choose SID SILEG6A.13R) with a FLX TEMP of 64°C. Everything was normal until I set the A/P for managed climb. In that moment, the A/THR moved the throttles back. I wanted to see how the A/P and A/THR would behave, and the throttles ended up in the IDLE position and the aircraft stalled. At that moment, I disconnected the A/P and A/THR and recovered from the stall.
I could not duplicate this issue in SKBO SID SILEG6A.13R on my end. If You have a joystick-throttle then I guess it has to do with the joystick position during departure and it should be set to ~90%, not to idle.
I never set the throttle to IDLE. When the message LVR CLB appears, I just slowly move them back until I hear the CLB detent and I see THR CLB in the PFD. Just as I said: I tried again like an hour ago and the A320 climbed normally.

P.S.: I think I have a suggestion for you guys: I recommend you choose expedite thrust in the take-off page of the FMC for the initial climb-out when operating at high-altitude airports. To me, it looks that the A320 struggles to climb with ECON CLB at high-elevation airports, but it climbs wonderfully with expedite thrust.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Jakub wrote:Hi Francois,

I know I am little off topic, but... My hobby is HTML and PHP coding and so I had an idea to develop small web application for flight preparing (suited for your aircraft). It should contain an payload calculator (loadsheet) and fuel planner. First I would like to start with A320. Then, if this application will find its users, I could add calculator for other aircrafts of A320 family. Now I would like to ask you for some help. I was studying aircraft.cfg file (weight and balance section) and that is what I do not understand. When I get together passengers of all cabin sectors, there is weight of 138 passengers only. Where are those 12 who remain to full capacity of 150 pax? And what about 180 seats version? Thank you for your answer. And I am sorry if I disturb you with this (maybe) useless thing!

Jakub
Maybe I missed first class passenger .... I will check tonight my aircraft.cfg. If I remember I took 62kg/pax and 20kg/pax for luggages....
The320Pilot wrote:Francois, I had a problem with the A320 on my last flight. I was performing a short flight from SKBO to SKPE with the following flightplan:

SILE7A SILEG W42 IBG W2 EPO EPO3F
(A note on this: in the files, there is no SILEG7A, look for SILEG6A instead. It has the same waypoints, just a different name, that's all. Also, there is no data for SKPE.)

I took off from SKBO rwy 13R (so, choose SID SILEG6A.13R) with a FLX TEMP of 64°C. Everything was normal until I set the A/P for managed climb. In that moment, the A/THR moved the throttles back. I wanted to see how the A/P and A/THR would behave, and the throttles ended up in the IDLE position and the aircraft stalled. At that moment, I disconnected the A/P and A/THR and recovered from the stall.

So, I don't know why this is happened. In fact, it is not the first time it happens. Every time I take off from SKBO with the last A320 FD-FMC update this happens. It didn't happened with previous versions of the aircraft. I don't have this issue with any other airport. Is it maybe because SKBO is a high airport (elevation of 8360 ft)?

Could you please try to recreate the flight for yourself and try to see what happens? I could make a video showing it if you want, but it may take a while.

Thank you.

Maybe a issue with your thorttle joystick..... With my A/THR, Throttles stay active, so if there are noise in throttles potentiometer, that can explain this bug.
So, I will check SKBO files to see if there is not a wrong speed constraint issue....
The320Pilot wrote:
P.S.: I think I have a suggestion for you guys: I recommend you choose expedite thrust in the take-off page of the FMC for the initial climb-out when operating at high-altitude airports. To me, it looks that the A320 struggles to climb with ECON CLB at high-elevation airports, but it climbs wonderfully with expedite thrust.
Engines lose thrust with altitude, so Flex must be use with low alt airport and/or long runways.

If airport is at high altitude, select MCT or TOGA. about Climb trust, you can enter a user value for N1 also...

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:
Maybe a issue with your thorttle joystick..... With my A/THR, Throttles stay active, so if there are noise in throttles potentiometer, that can explain this bug.
So, I will check SKBO files to see if there is not a wrong speed constraint issue....
The noises I'm talking about are not made by my hardware, but rather they come from within FSX itself in the following throttle positions: TOGA, FLX/MCT, CLB and REV.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ABout "noise", I want to speak about interference, not the "clack" sounds. If joystick has potentiometer interference (dust, used...), that can occurs issues...

Jakub

Post by Jakub »

Thank you Francois. You are right. There are realy 62 kg per person and 20 kg of baggage per person. I have one more question. Somewhere on this forum I found aircraft.cfg with "weight and balance" section for 180 seats version. If I will rewrite the original part by this section it should work. Is it right? This is the aircraft.cfg I found:

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
//A320-100/200 AIRBUS CODE WV011 CFM Engines config by Francois Dore - june 2012   
// MRW = 75900 - 167331
// MTOW = 75500 - 166449
// MLW = 66000 - 145505
// 
//Pax Zonings - High density Single Class only
// 180 pax + 2 pilots + 4 crew  - 25424 Lbs -  11532kg  62kg/pass
max_number_of_stations = 9
station_load.0= 8201, 17.24, 0.000, 0.000,  Front seats(60)      //station_load.0= "7605.9, 21.24, 0.000, 0.000,  CAB OA (60)"
station_load.1= 8201,  -3.33, 0.000, 0.000,  Center seats(60)    //station_load.1= "7149.6,  -3.33, 0.000, 0.000,  CAB OB (60)" 
station_load.2= 8201, -20.34, 0.000, 0.000, Rear Seats(60)       //station_load.2= "6541.1, -26.34, 0.000, 0.000, CAB OC (59)"
station_load.3= 340, 44.55, 0.000, 0.000, Pilots(2)
station_load.4= 530, 0.00, 0.000, 0.000, Crew(4)

//Cargo & Baggage
// 8201 lbs - 3720kg -- 20 kg/passenger fret & luggages
station_load.5= "4100,  22.10, 0.000, 0.000, Carg/Lugg Front"   //Compartment 1 (7500lbs)
station_load.6= "2450, -11.99, 0.000, 0.000,  Carg/Lugg Ctr 1"   //Compartment 3 (5349lbs)
station_load.7= "1101, -22.67, 0.000, 0.000, Carg/Lugg Ctr 2"   //Compartment 4 (4652lbs)
station_load.8= "550, -33.11, 0.000, 0.000,  Carg/Lugg Rear"   //Compartment 5 (3300lbs)
Thank you very much for your answer!

Jakub

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes you can, but aircraft gravity center will be a little different different (you will have more weight in the rear section).

ANd I think that with full pax(180) , you cannot have full tanks, otherwise you get an overload.....must be checked

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am sorry for the delay about A320 update panel. I have still some problem with the descent gauge. I am working hard to solve isssues and bugs....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello guys,

I have a mystery with last panel development. Indeed, I have some issue with the descent gauge that occurs pitch attitude freezing from the begining of the descent; Aircraft keep the same gradient, and FMC cannot commands elevators.

But I sent to Wulf this beta, and it seems that panel works on his computer/sim.

So, I need to know if issue comes from my FSX or computer; So, I will post tomorrow a link to download panel 1.50.3; So, if some people can test a descent controlled by FMC to see if aircaft attitude (not altitude !) freeze during descent. I will join to this beta, the Setup program if you want to test an automatic installation.

Thanks

Francois

Jakub

Post by Jakub »

Hi Francois,
It seems that gross weight will be OK. I made quick calculation and 180 pax + baggage (without any other cargo) + full tanks = 75 487 kg. I hope that little different center of gravity will not cause any problems with flight dynamics...

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Salut François and team,

since you are more active here than on FSDev, I might just post anything related to the A32x FMC here.

I've just taken beta 1.50 of the A320 from EDDT to LSZH. The climb performance now seems much more in line of what one may expect of an A320 compared to 1.20.1 and the PID controller for holding airspeed also works better than ever. Well done, guys!

Like others, I also ran into the "unvoluntary atitude hold" issue when trying to descend in unmanaged mode (i.e. manually). This could only be worked around by toggling the autopilot on and off. When trying to switch from "HDG" to "LOC" mode to prepare for landing, the autopilot got stuck in "HDG" mode, but the PFD showed a flickering "NAV" indication. The NAV/GPS selector also jumped back to GPS mode. I had to switch off the FMC to be able to properly control the autopilot again.
Note that I did not use the FMC's descent and approach modes since there is no data for LSZH (yet). But - barring any usage errors - this behaviour looks like a problem with the handoff between managed and unmanaged modes, as if the FMC is trying to retain control. Maybe try to look at the FMC -> autopilot interactions to find the cause for the problem?

QNH handling is still much too strict. I basically have to keep my finger on the "B" key to keep the QNH status message in the green.

When in "terrain" mode, the MFD sometimes "flickers" between the zoom level set by the pilot and a zoom level showing the destination.

One feature that's still on my wishlist is a nav display mode showing neither terrain nor other traffic.

Hope this feedback is useful. Keep up the good work.

For a small introductory gift, here's a gauge enabling better keyboard control for the spoilers. Copy and paste the code below into a text file and save it as "0_Keycontrol.xml". Then create a folder named "SpoilerKeys" inside of the A320's "panel" folder and put the XML file into it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Gauge Name="Control Spoilers By Key" Version="1.0">
  <Keys>
    <On Key="374">
    <!-- Shift + F7 = extend by increment of 5 -->
    (A:SPOILERS ARMED,bool)
    if{ (>K:SPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE) }
    (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 30 <
    if{ 35 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }
    els{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 5 + 100 min 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }
    </On>
    <On Key="373">
    <!-- Shift + F6 = retract spoiler in increment of 5 -->
    if{ 0 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }
    els{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 5 - 0 max 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }
    </On>
    <On Key="372">
    <!-- Shift + F5 = fully retract spoilers -->
    0 (>K:SPOILERS_SET)
    </On>
    <On Key="375">
    <!-- Shift + F8 = arm spoilers -->
    (>K:SPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE)
    </On>
    <!-- Shift + F10 = reload panels
    <On Key="889">
      (>K:RELOAD_PANELS)
    </On -->
  </Keys>
</Gauge>
The panel.cfg line for the gauge has to be added to the [VCockpit01] section. Make sure that "gauge40=" is actually greater than any previous entry. if not, alter the number accordingly.

gauge40=SpoilerKeys!0_Keycontrol, 1,1,1,1 
You now may use Shift+F5/6/7/8 to control the spoilers.

Shift+F5 = Retract spoilers
Shift+F6 = Retract spoilers by 5%
Shift+F7 = Extend spoilers by 5%
Shift+F8 = Arm spoilers

A long as I'm credited for it, the gauge may be included in any future panel updates. :)

Cheers!

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern wrote:Salut François and team,

since you are more active here than on FSDev, I might just post anything related to the A32x FMC here.

I've just taken beta 1.50 of the A320 from EDDT to LSZH. The climb performance now seems much more in line of what one may expect of an A320 compared to 1.20.1 and the PID controller for holding airspeed also works better than ever. Well done, guys!

Like others, I also ran into the "unvoluntary atitude hold" issue when trying to descend in unmanaged mode (i.e. manually). This could only be worked around by toggling the autopilot on and off. When trying to switch from "HDG" to "LOC" mode to prepare for landing, the autopilot got stuck in "HDG" mode, but the PFD showed a flickering "NAV" indication. The NAV/GPS selector also jumped back to GPS mode. I had to switch off the FMC to be able to properly control the autopilot again.
Note that I did not use the FMC's descent and approach modes since there is no data for LSZH (yet). But - barring any usage errors - this behaviour looks like a problem with the handoff between managed and unmanaged modes, as if the FMC is trying to retain control. Maybe try to look at the FMC -> autopilot interactions to find the cause for the problem?

QNH handling is still much too strict. I basically have to keep my finger on the "B" key to keep the QNH status message in the green.

When in "terrain" mode, the MFD sometimes "flickers" between the zoom level set by the pilot and a zoom level showing the destination.

One feature that's still on my wishlist is a nav display mode showing neither terrain nor other traffic.

Hope this feedback is useful. Keep up the good work.

For a small introductory gift, here's a gauge enabling better keyboard control for the spoilers. Copy and paste the code below into a text file and save it as "0_Keycontrol.xml". Then create a folder named "SpoilerKeys" inside of the A320's "panel" folder and put the XML file into it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Gauge Name="Control Spoilers By Key" Version="1.0">
  <Keys>
    <On Key="374">
    <!-- Shift + F7 = extend by increment of 5 -->
    if{ 35 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }
    els{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 5 + 100 min 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }
    </On>
    <On Key="373">
    <!-- Shift + F6 = retract spoiler in increment of 5 -->
    if{ 0 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }
    els{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 5 - 0 max 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }
    </On>
    <On Key="372">
    <!-- Shift + F5 = fully retract spoilers -->
    0 (>K:SPOILERS_SET)
    </On>
    <On Key="375">
    <!-- Shift + F8 = arm spoilers -->
    (>K:SPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE)
    </On>
    <!-- Shift + F10 = reload panels
    <On Key="889">
      (>K:RELOAD_PANELS)
    </On -->
  </Keys>
</Gauge>
The panel.cfg line for the gauge has to be added to the [VCockpit01] section. Make sure that "gauge40=" is actually greater than any previous entry. if not, alter the number accordingly.

gauge40=SpoilerKeys!0_Keycontrol, 1,1,1,1 
You now may use Shift+F5/6/7/8 to control the spoilers.

Shift+F5 = Retract spoilers
Shift+F6 = Retract spoilers by 5%
Shift+F7 = Extend spoilers by 5%
Shift+F8 = Arm spoilers

A long as I'm credited for it, the gauge may be included in any future panel updates. :)

Cheers!
1. There is data available for LSZH. Go to freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=832 to download everything related to airport data (included the AIRAC necessary for the FD-FMC.

2.I have never had any problems with the 1.50 version with regards to altitude management. Just once I had an issue with the V/S button, but it has been fixed.

3. Sometimes it happens that the ND data flickers if I change from managed to selected mode (or is when I begin my descent? I honestly don't remember right now). To fix that, I right-click and then left-click (or vice-versa) the HDG button and the flickering is gone.

4. I agree with the too-strict QNH issue; I don't quite like it either. François, maybe you can add some tolerance (like +/- 0.5hPa, maybe a little less, should do the trick) to the QNH setting message on the EICAS?

5. I also have the terrain flickering problem on the ND. It may need a debug (François, or Wulf? I don't know how to debug this problem, so I couldn't possibly help too much on that issue).

6. I would also like to see other TCAS traffic on the ND (especially useful for IVAO), but I can live without it. IVAO already has a traffic display.
Last edited by The320Pilot on 17 Sep 2016, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The320Pilot wrote: 1. There is data available for LSZH. Go to freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=832 to download everything related to airport data (included the AIRAC necessary for the FD-FMC.
You're right, there is. I've got the latest AIRAC and nav data (sep 3rd), but not the AFCAD.
2.I have never had any problems with the 1.50 version with regards to altitude management. Just once I had an issue with the V/S button, but it has been fixed.
No issues with initiating an unmanaged descent?
3. Sometimes it happens that the ND data flickers if I change from managed to selected mode (or is when I begin my descent? I honestly don't remember right now). To fix that, I right-click and then left-click (or vice-versa) the HDG button and the flickering is gone.
Well, that was my workaround, too, but I wonder if the cause for the flickering can be eliminated in the first place.
4. I agree with the too-strict QNH issue; I don't quite like it either. François, maybe you can add some tolerance (like +/- 0.5hPa, maybe a little less, should do the trick) to the QNH setting message on the EICAS?
I think the strict QNH matching also affects the autoland capability. In the FD-FMC thread at FSDev, I've suggested to switch to radio altitude at decision height or thereabouts.
6. I would also like to see other TCAS traffic on the ND (especially useful for IVAO), but I can live without it. IVAO already has a traffic display.
Umm...I don't want to see any traffic or terrain on the ND. :oops:

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello bjoern and welcome into our factory ;)

Descent bug is very strange, because I doesn't appear for everybody. This bug drives me crazy since 3 months ! :laugh: But some users have no problem.

The only explanation that I see is that it depend of the XML parser used (windows version ???). So, I did many test, check, and finally, I removed some comments in my code and it seems that the problem was here. I have no problem since 2 days, with the last version of the gauge. I am doing final test and I think that I will post tomorrow the update to fix definitively this bug.

About the Nav or HDG switching mode issue, I am working on, but no find the solution yet....work in progress...In some case, after switching mode, NAV mode flashing, but in this case, by press again on HDG knob stop the bug.....but my last weeks was for to solve the descnet issue, so now, I willbe able to give more time to improve the AP mode management.

QNH update issue is now solved ! (a good news :) ). I agree that previous version was too strict (QNH evaluated without rounding). I added to system to solve this issue :
- now, QNH is evaluated as an integer :less sensitive
- During approach, you can activate an automatic QNH refresh (button in FMC approach page)

MFD Terrain flickering comes from my code to refresh the map; In fact, Microsoft GPS map, used to display terrain in ND, doesn't refresh itself the relief when aircraft changes of altitude; So, to get a useful TAWS, I must force a map refresh, and the only way to do that is to change map zoom level. To avoid this feature visible, I hide the map during 5 gauges cycle, necessary time to GPS to redraw refreshed map, and display the new updated map; That occurs a small flash.
Refresh is activated only if aircraft climb or descend, each 500ft of altitude difference.
I will look for in the precious Rob Mc Elrath GPS guidebook if code may be improved.

Many thanks for your Spoiler gauge :) . I am adding the gauge to the panel ! thanks

@A320pilot : I never fly with IVAO or other sim network. My TCAS can only displays AI traffic, because it use FSX XML instruction. I think that only a gauge written in C++, using simconnect should display other traffic....But I no knoledge in C++ and Simconnect coding.... :(

Bjoern wrote:
I think the strict QNH matching also affects the autoland capability. In the FD-FMC thread at FSDev, I've suggested to switch to radio altitude at decision height or thereabouts.
In first version of the panel, Autoland was linked with radar altitude. But this solution occurs many problems when users used third party meshes,
In fact, with addons meshes, many airport are raised on a "plateform", with cliffs close to the runway thresholds; So, this sudden change of relief, just before landing induced many issues with autoland.
This is the reason why I decided to linked autoland to QNH.
So, now, with the last feature (Auto QNH setting during approach), I think that the actual barometric autoland system will have no disadvantage.

exemple of elevation issue with addon mesh or scenery:
Autoland with rad alt cannot work in this case.

So, Panel 1.50.3 will be available tomorrow :)

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Notice anything different?

fdd_fr wrote:The only explanation that I see is that it depend of the XML parser used (windows version ???). So, I did many test, check, and finally, I removed some comments in my code and it seems that the problem was here. I have no problem since 2 days, with the last version of the gauge. I am doing final test and I think that I will post tomorrow the update to fix definitively this bug.
That's great news!
About the Nav or HDG switching mode issue, I am working on, but no find the solution yet....work in progress...In some case, after switching mode, NAV mode flashing, but in this case, by press again on HDG knob stop the bug.....but my last weeks was for to solve the descnet issue, so now, I willbe able to give more time to improve the AP mode management.
As I've said: Try looking into FMC-AP interactions. Maybe the FMC tries to override the AP panel selection.
QNH update issue is now solved ! (a good news :) ). I agree that previous version was too strict (QNH evaluated without rounding). I added to system to solve this issue :
- now, QNH is evaluated as an integer :less sensitive
- During approach, you can activate an automatic QNH refresh (button in FMC approach page)
Thank you!
MFD Terrain flickering comes from my code to refresh the map; In fact, Microsoft GPS map, used to display terrain in ND, doesn't refresh itself the relief when aircraft changes of altitude; So, to get a useful TAWS, I must force a map refresh, and the only way to do that is to change map zoom level. To avoid this feature visible, I hide the map during 5 gauges cycle, necessary time to GPS to redraw refreshed map, and display the new updated map; That occurs a small flash.
I can very much live with that and it kind of looks more realistic.
Many thanks for your Spoiler gauge :) . I am adding the gauge to the panel ! thanks
De rien!

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:
No issues with initiating an unmanaged descent?
No, I have no issues when initiating an unmanaged descent.
Bjoern wrote: Umm...I don't want to see any traffic or terrain on the ND. :oops:
You shouldn't see traffic nor terrain if you don't activate them to show on the ND. Sometimes I like to see the terrain when flying on mountainous terrain.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:Many thanks for your Spoiler gauge :) . I am adding the gauge to the panel ! thanks
What files (or lines in the code) do I have to remove to avoid the gauge functioning? It may interfere with my keyboard shorcuts, as I use them for some IVAO stuff.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Many thanks for your Spoiler gauge :) . I am adding the gauge to the panel ! thanks
I prefer not to re-arrange any keyboard shortcuts, because several are already in use for other commands. A guide "how to install" spoiler function is appreciated.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

No takers for the image, eh?

Well, I've done a bit of (unothodox) model file editing to swap the F/O's PFD and ND. The reverse order was bugging me quite a bit.
I'm still experimenting with something else, but will ultimately make the edited model file available.
No, I have no issues when initiating an unmanaged descent.
Okay. Let's see if I run into it again with 1.50.3.
You shouldn't see traffic nor terrain if you don't activate them to show on the ND. Sometimes I like to see the terrain when flying on mountainous terrain.
Maybe I need to dive into the manual again, but TCAS functionality is enabled for me by default.
What files (or lines in the code) do I have to remove to avoid the gauge functioning? It may interfere with my keyboard shorcuts, as I use them for some IVAO stuff.
I prefer not to re-arrange any keyboard shortcuts, because several are already in use for other commands. A guide "how to install" spoiler function is appreciated.
If you don't want to use the gauge, simply disable or remove its line in the panel.cfg.
If François stuck to my nomenclature it should be this line:

gaugenn=SpoilerKeys!0_Keycontrol, 1,1,1,1 

In case you want to change the key assignments, see the bottom of this web page for a reference table:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.p ... _Key_Traps
The code for the key is contained in the "<On Key="nnn">" lines in the spoiler gauge. If you pick a valid number from the table, you should be able to change the assignments pretty easily.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

A320 FD-FMC Panel (beta) 1.50.3 is online (CFM and IAE) :
http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/PANEL_A3 ... 1.50.3.zip

It comes with an updater software but you can update manually if you want.

Please, if some user use the updater (UpdatePanel.exe), feedback are welcome if all is ok with all Operating Systems.

Please note that Updater works only if you have no changed aircrafts folder name for your FD-FMC A320.

Folder must be called :
- PA A320FD-FMC_CFM
- PA A320FD-FMC_IAE

Important :
AIR files are new, you must use this pack version. Same thing for Aircraft.cfg file : new setting (named aircraft.cfg.1.50.3.cfg); copy all setting except FLTSIM.XX section in your current aircraft.cfg files.

What's new with this panel 1.50.3 since previous beta:
- Descent gauge pitch freeze bug definitively solved (I hope !!!)
- fix some readings issue on lower ECAM chacklist
- fix a bug with adaptive descent
- Now, you can activate a feature during approach to update automatically QNH value during approach. Command is in the FMC approach page
- QNH evaluation is less strict to avoid permanent refresh during approach

I recall that this panel can accept new feature for huge airports which can have now 2 pages of SID, and 2 pages of STAR, and 16 approaches per IAF.

Bjoern, I added your gauge, but It doesn't work at home, so, I disable it for the moment (maybe a shortcut problem in my config), because I had no enough time to explore....
So the gauge can be activated [VCCokpit01] section, gauge 37, remove the '\\'

I will post tonight a full aircraft pack, with an installer, if new user want to test it.

NOte :
TOD gauge for IAE version must be improved; Wulf is working... It is recommended today to begin your descent some Nm before TOD for IAE version (maybe 10 or 15). And maybe the AIR file will be updated...

Edit :
Sorry ! I am very distracted ! I forgot to change a flag in the update.ini file about update program, so it cannot work because it try to copy file on a specific test drive/folder.

If you have already download the pack, edit "update.ini" file and in the last section called [Debug_and_test], set to 0 the value of DebugMode.

I upload immediately a fixed pack !
Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok, pack fixed :D

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The MFD modification I've talked about before screwed up just a bit too much in the VC model because it basically consisted of an edited and recompiled .x file, so I've ported the VC model from ModelConverterX into 3ds Max and recreated the animations, which are lost in the process.

Then I set out and implemented rain for the windshield because I wanted to experiment with a new technique. The result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbP6sLETjLM

The implementation uses old bitmaps from FS9 converted into a suitable format for display on a 2D panel. I might implement working windscreen wipers at one point as I think that rain adds quite a bit of atmopshere to the cockpit.

The VC lighting has been matched to the 2D panel, i.e. the panel light switch now toggles between "Off - Panel - Panel+Flood". This requires replacing the .xml file for the 2D overhead panel (the mod is based on 1.50.3).

As a demonstration of the usefulness of having the model source file, I've made the anti-skid switch in the VC operational and I'm willing to work on a few more cockpit elements as long as it's in close coordination with François.

In case anyone wants to test my changes, here's the model file and assorted files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xi ... sp=sharing

P.S:
Working on improved nose wheel dynamics. Unintended side effect:
https://gfycat.com/SolidWhirlwindCapeghostfrog

P.P.S:
Here's a new nose contact point that's much stiffer than the previous one:

point.0=1, 37.70,00.00,-12.00,800,0.0,1.53379,68.0,0.2,8.0,0.680000, 13.2,12.9,0.000000,252.000000,282.0

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Bjoern,

your suggestion to generally improve the VC model including improve/bug free embedded functions is highly appreciated. I remember that on this forum several improvement proposals were made related to the model and VC besides the rain effect/wipers e.g. improve landing light flood on ground, include missing click sounds on few knobs, make frequency toggles full functional and and and.... But we should not forget that we are waiting as a user already a long time for the final A318 to A321 FDD panel to have a (nearly) bug free panel including full functional lateral- and vertical navigation and speed managment.

So my proposal is to You and Francois, of course, to finalize the A318 to A321 with the current technics (current panel 1.50.3) at first as scheduled from Francois and then to make one bundled improvement MOD for A318 to A321, which includes all possible fixes. Here it might be usefull to ask the users for further ideas to improve the VC model for all A318 to A321 versions too.....

Wulf

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Bjoern,
Here it might be usefull to ask the users for further ideas to improve the VC model for all A318 to A321 versions too.....

Wulf
The new cockpit with enlarged displays. :D

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

I'm only going to take suggestions from any developer or regular contributor to the panel project (i.e. the regulars in this thread) since you guys have a better idea what is really needed and what isn't than the average user. If you say you need a switch or knob functional in the VC or a new gauge poly here and there to control a certain functionality of the panel, I'd implement it. Francois may even implement anything I do into the package (as long as I'm credited for my contributions) to avoid general user confusion.

Landing light position and splashes are entirely inherited from the exterior model. So as long as I don't have access to the exterior model, I simply can not add aditional lights or make the splashes more realistic.

What click sounds do you mean? The ND mode buttons for example?
Adding sounds to these does not require editing the model file and can be done with a 2D gauge. I'd give it a try once I get around to it.

By "frequency toggles", do you mean the buttons for swapping frequencies?
If so, I'll add it to the "to do" list.

And turning an A320 cockpit into one for the other fuselage lengths is just a matter of moving everything back or forward a bit.

Other considerations for future model updates:
- Adding a gauge polygon (clickspot) to the "APR" button. Francois may then assign proper functionality to it in a future panel version.
- Making the display dimmers operational and the displays dimmable. Sort of a nice-to-have.
- Adding a gauge polygon to the FMCs in the VC to serve as a clickspot for opening the FMC window.
- Making the EICAS mode buttons in the VC operational via gauge polygon and a small 2D gauge. Most of them are going to be dummys, but they'll be there for any future panel updates, just in case.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The320Pilot wrote:The new cockpit with enlarged displays. :D
Looks simple, but will require new frame models and panel textures. Low priority.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:What click sounds do you mean?
Strobe on/off toggle.
Bjoern wrote:By "frequency toggles", do you mean the buttons for swapping frequencies?
Please see pic below.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi Bjoern

We are thanksfull about your contribution to François project! All your future improvment suggestions are really appreciated.

Among these, I would like suggest to make clickable the TERR ON ND button that is close to ND display to make terrain visible on that. Now we just hit a spot on the display corner.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

One thing I forgot to mention: The spoiler gauge works for me.

And regarding model updates: I'm only at home fairly irregularly on weekends, but I want to acquire a new, hopefully FSX-/3ds Max-capable laptop which will enable me to work on the cockpit more frequently on weekdays.

wulfbindewald wrote:Strobe on/off toggle.
I've fixed this for my personal installation. It's fortunately only a matter of a few lines of XML code.
I still need to figure out which of Fracois' gauge files is responsible for triggering the click sounds.
Please see pic below.
I think the lower knob is missing a gauge polygon or clickspot. I'll look into it.

Prosdocimo wrote:Among these, I would like suggest to make clickable the TERR ON ND button that is close to ND display to make terrain visible on that. Now we just hit a spot on the display corner.
Is this the button next to the MFD?
If so, it isn't present on the default A321 panel.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi, Bjoern
It's true! I can see it because it's drawn in the following HD textures (two pages before):
wulfbindewald wrote:In the meantime one pic for the sim enthusiasts: New alternative HD texture set for the FSX default A321 VC and for the Project Airbus A320 VC too, available in flightsim.com, file name "fsx_defaulta321_vc_textures.zip".

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote:In the meantime one pic for the sim enthusiasts: New alternative HD texture set for the FSX default A321 VC and for the Project Airbus A320 VC too, available in flightsim.com, file name "fsx_defaulta321_vc_textures.zip".

Could you make the CSTR, WPT, VOR, NDB and ARPT look like the rest of the buttons in the A/P panel? If you watch closely, you can see they are slightly different.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Bjoern,

if you have the capability to edit and improve VC, by adding clickspots, this is a very good news ! I have "0" knowledge in 3D works; The only thing that I did is to move a little bit the VC location with ModelXconverter.

I thought that it was impossible to add clickspot or new display area in an existing VC; But if you know how to do that, this is fantastic.

I think that the most important are :
- a new clickspot to open FMC window, to release the master warning button
- fix the radio knob issue
- activate the ECAM mode switchs on Pedestal
- acitvate the clickspot for ND Terr button according Wulf's texture

other wish list....
- solve the issue of the unmirrored displays between left and right seat (at the right place, PFD should be inverted with ND).
- have a knob to get a variable lighting of displays
- Use the pedestal FMC display to display FMC status
- Cancel the AP course Konb that doesn't exist on an Airbus
- Have on the AP the VS/FPA switch

About all extra sound that I use, they are located in the FSX sound folder "\FSX\Sound\Callout_FD\". I use the Doug Dawson gauge to plays these sounds, and we can add as many sounds as you want.

But I understand that Is not easy. All this job requires many many times ! i know about ! I work since 4 years now, and regrettably, I do not have enough time as I want...

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi, Bjoern
It's true! I can see it because it's drawn in the following HD textures (two pages before):

In that case, I'm going to implement the button.

The320Pilot wrote:Could you make the CSTR, WPT, VOR, NDB and ARPT look like the rest of the buttons in the A/P panel? If you watch closely, you can see they are slightly different.
Wulf isn't the author of the textures (or is he?).

fdd_fr wrote:I thought that it was impossible to add clickspot or new display area in an existing VC; But if you know how to do that, this is fantastic.
Well, it can be done in ModelConverterX, but I took the longer route and exported the model from MCX, imported it into 3ds Max and then recreated all the materials and animations.
The good thing about the default A321 cockpit is, is that there are relatively few animated 3D buttons and animations, so the process went fairly quick.
- solve the issue of the unmirrored displays between left and right seat (at the right place, PFD should be inverted with ND).
This is already fixed. :)
- Use the pedestal FMC display to display FMC status
This is mostly your job. I would create a gauge polygon across the entire FMC surface which will open your FMC when clicked. You can then replace that gauge with any kind of FMC gauge you want.
- Cancel the AP course Konb that doesn't exist on an Airbus

- Have on the AP the VS/FPA switch
These will require updated VC and 2D panel textures and button bitmaps. Texture editing is definitely not one of my favourite activities.

If I supply the clickspot, will you adapt the autopilot and FMC accordingly?
About all extra sound that I use, they are located in the FSX sound folder "\FSX\Sound\Callout_FD\". I use the Doug Dawson gauge to plays these sounds, and we can add as many sounds as you want.
Does the folder also contain the .xml file used for triggering the sound?
But I understand that Is not easy. All this job requires many many times ! i know about ! I work since 4 years now, and regrettably, I do not have enough time as I want...
Well, I hope a new, capable laptop will enable me to work on this fairly frequently.

wulfbindewald wrote:The FSX default A321 VC does not contain this button. This button is only shown in the HD texture. So any new implemented function in the VC will require this HD texture set. This should be highlighted.
Yes, it should and it will be.

Or someone obtains permission for us to edit and distribute the texture set. That way, Francois can include it in the download.
Last edited by Bjoern on 20 Sep 2016, 15:46, edited 2 times in total.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
Prosdocimo wrote:Hi, Bjoern

In that case, I'm going to implement the button.
The FSX default A321 VC does not contain this button. This button is only shown in the HD texture. So any new implemented function in the VC will require this HD texture set. This should be highlighted.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Almost forgot: Anyone want to compensate my efforts with some FMS data for Tegel (EDDT)? :D