Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

The320Pilot

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by The320Pilot »

If the course knob is going to be removed, then how am I supposed to select a VOR radial?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The320Pilot wrote:If the course knob is going to be removed, then how am I supposed to select a VOR radial?
On the real A320, apparently via the MCDU (FMS interface), along with the VOR/ADF frequency. Need to find a way to work around this until Francois implements it into the FMS. The radio management panels are apparently only present for backup purposes as the FMC will automatically change the frequencies according to the flight plan.

I'd add a simple toggle button to the bottom of the nav-related radio panels that will switch the STBY frequency window into CRS mode (and back) and put clickspots on the display to tune each digit.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Can we maybe get the 2 A/P buttons (even if only one of them works)? I can live with just one of them, but the real Airbus has two. :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I will search information about course setting on Airbus without course Knob. And I am very stupid, because it is true that it is only a texture work. I will do that .

Bjoern, I will do EDDT procedures ;) let me 2 weeks :)

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The320Pilot wrote:Can we maybe get the 2 A/P buttons (even if only one of them works)? I can live with just one of them, but the real Airbus has two. :D
FSX only has a single autopilot, so it will be two buttons for the same functionality.

Maybe a complete rework of the FCU (autopilot panel) is in order as the "APR" button will have to be moved as well.

fdd_fr wrote:I will search information about course setting on Airbus without course Knob. And I am very stupid, because it is true that it is only a texture work. I will do that .
As I've said, setting a course is done with the FMC or radio control panels on the real A320. I can modify the radios to support this, so you won't have to do this just yet.
Bjoern, I will do EDDT procedures ;) let me 2 weeks :)
Yippee!

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:Can we maybe get the 2 A/P buttons (even if only one of them works)? I can live with just one of them, but the real Airbus has two. :D
FSX only has a single autopilot, so it will be two buttons for the same functionality.

Maybe a complete rework of the FCU (autopilot panel) is in order as the "APR" button will have to be moved as well.
I know FSX only has a single autopilot. In fact, I think you could even leave AP1 button working and AP2 as just a dummy button. That way you don't have to worry about having two buttons that do the same thing.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The320Pilot wrote:I know FSX only has a single autopilot. In fact, I think you could even leave AP1 button working and AP2 as just a dummy button. That way you don't have to worry about having two buttons that do the same thing.
Or I could code the autopilot buttons in such a way that the FSX autopilot is being enabled when at least one of the buttons is activated, so people can pretend that they actually have a choice regarding autopilots. :)

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Could be possible improve FBW system as well? As far I know we could go over 33° of bank angle appling a constant sidestick input (67° max). And after switching off computers we shoudn't have anymore these restrictions. Now I can't go over 33 even with computers off.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Prosdocimo wrote: Now I can't go over 33 even with computers off.
Because I added a security that is active all the time. So, I can change system to limit bank only when FBW is "on", but I don't know if it is like this on real Airbus.

I will try to get time to search in the Airbus manual, but I think that even in normal Law, computers prohibit dangerous angle....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

final Panel 1.51 full will be online tomorrow, with IAE TOD gauge updated (realized by Wulf).

I try to complete today the update of the airport database.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

8-)
fdd_fr wrote:
Prosdocimo wrote: Now I can't go over 33 even with computers off.
Because I added a security that is active all the time. So, I can change system to limit bank only when FBW is "on", but I don't know if it is like this on real Airbus.

I will try to get time to search in the Airbus manual, but I think that even in normal Law, computers prohibit dangerous angle....
Thanks. This site might be helpfull
http://www.airbusdriver.net/airbus_fltlaws.htm

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Bjoern wrote: (...)
In case anyone wants to test my changes, here's the model file and assorted files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xi ... sp=sharing

Thanks! I tested and I really appreciated your mods. Expecially new interior lights, belt switch turning at right speed, and switchable a/skid on vc. Waiting for raindrops effect finalization!

Just an old bug. On VC panel I cannot turn counter-clockwise the two large ND's knobs on autopilot panel.. but just clockwise. I can do this in 2D panel. Do you think it might be possible to fix it? Thanks

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Prosdocimo wrote:Just an old bug. On VC panel I cannot turn counter-clockwise the two large ND's knobs on autopilot panel.. but just clockwise. I can do this in 2D panel. Do you think it might be possible to fix it? Thanks
Possible yes, but i'll assign it a low priority.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

New airports added or updated :

EDDT – Berlin Tegel – Germany, by Francois Dore
KEUG – Eugene – USA (Oregon), by Wulf Bindewald
KHQM – Bowermann – USA (Washington), by Wulf Bindewald

Updates:

PAGS (4.01) – Gustavus - USA (Alaska), by Wulf Bindewald
PAHO (4.02) – Homer – USA (Alaska), by Wulf Bindewald (2 versions: default FSX or ORBX PAHO scenery)
PAEN (4.01) – Kenai Municipal - USA (Alaska), by Wulf Bindewald
PACV (4.01) - Cordova Merle K. (Mudhole) Smith Regional - USA (Alaska), by Wulf Bindewald
PAYA (4.01) – Yakata – USA (Alaska), by Wulf Bindewald
PAPG (4.01) – Petersburg – USA (Alaska) by Wulf Bindewald
PAWG (4.01) – Wrangell - USA (Alaska), by Wulf Bindewald
KPDX (4.02) – Portland – USA (Oregon), by wulf Bindewald

New AIRAC : 09242016
Next update : October 08th

link : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=832

Bjoern, EDDT must be tested, because I made it as quick as possible and I had not enough time to do test flights...

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi Bjoern, just a curiosity, did you modify displays (ND, ECAM..) brightness as well in your mod panel? I realized they are darker than Francoise's last release and the shown informations are barely visibile on my monitor.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Enclosed 2 pics from Bjoern´s modified A320 VC night lighting MOD (dimmed and flood) combined with the VC HD textures; very impressive!
You will notice that the dimmed displays and numbers are less bright then before MOD.....maybe a bit more brightness would be favourable.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello guys,

Definitive full panel 1.51 update is online, with auto-installer (but you can install manually).

Link : http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pane ... update.zip

This panel fix some bugs and has the new TOD gauge for IAE engine version ( TOD formulas by Wulf ! )

Include in the pack, the new MDL file of Bjoern, which fix the ND position of right seat.

Now, I prepare the complete aircraft full pack and manuals update, to download next week on AVSIM and flightsim libraries.

And We begin to work on A318 with Wulf.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am damned ! it seems that the descent bug is come back :laugh: :x ;(

someone to confirm ?

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi thank you!
Luckly my panel is ok untill now. But what I should see? Does attitude freeze during descend? How could I realize it during this phase?

A little note on the new aircraft.cfg. Two extra lines should be added into [Light] section otherwise flood lights don't work (I cannot write down them now.. but please refers to the readme file found into Bjoern folder that he shared with us several posts before)

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I think the following setting at [airplane_geometry] provides a more realistic spoileron movement. The default value (12) makes the ailerons move up too much, while I've seen quite some spoiler movement on climb-outs and final approaches.

Code: Select all

min_ailerons_for_spoilerons=4//12
What do you guys think?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

thanks for comments. I will edit aircraft.cfg.

About bug, when you start descent, aircraft attitude (not altitude) freeze (pitch in degrees stays constant), and aircraft lose speed. it is as if FMC descent gauge stop working and lose trim control.

Since more than one week, issue was disappears, and yesterday, after post the update, bug is come back during a flight.

I become crazy !.

If bug arrive, by save the flight and reload it solve the problem.

I am desesperate with this bug that disturbing me since 3 months. I spent dozen of hours to find it....

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Have you tried a XML debugger or somewhat similar?
I could try to find it out but only next weekend

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

I've tried to acquire a laptop last week, but it turns out that 17.3" is indeed a bit too large to fit into standard bags and backpacks, so I'm sending it back. *Ahem* But I'll be at home this weekend, where I'm able to do some work on the cockpit.

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi Bjoern, just a curiosity, did you modify displays (ND, ECAM..) brightness as well in your mod panel? I realized they are darker than Francoise's last release and the shown informations are barely visibile on my monitor.
I had to do some flipping and material modifications on the gauge polygons. Low brightness could be problematic as the only way to make it controllable is actual dimming.

The320Pilot wrote:I think the following setting at [airplane_geometry] provides a more realistic spoileron movement. The default value (12) makes the ailerons move up too much, while I've seen quite some spoiler movement on climb-outs and final approaches.

What do you guys think?
This line will make the spoilerons move from 4° aileron deflection onward instead of 12°. If it fits well with what you can see in videos and doesn't increase roll rate too much, I say go for it.

fdd_fr wrote:About bug, when you start descent, aircraft attitude (not altitude) freeze (pitch in degrees stays constant), and aircraft lose speed. it is as if FMC descent gauge stop working and lose trim control.

Since more than one week, issue was disappears, and yesterday, after post the update, bug is come back during a flight.

I become crazy !.

If bug arrive, by save the flight and reload it solve the problem.

I am desesperate with this bug that disturbing me since 3 months. I spent dozen of hours to find it....
What gauge is the problematic code in?
I could take a look at it and check for logic errors.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
Prosdocimo wrote:Hi Bjoern, just a curiosity, did you modify displays (ND, ECAM..) brightness as well in your mod panel? I realized they are darker than Francoise's last release and the shown informations are barely visibile on my monitor.
I had to do some flipping and material modifications on the gauge polygons. Low brightness could be problematic as the only way to make it controllable is actual dimming.
The dimmed displayed numbers are nearly unvisible at dawn and dusk. Really no chance to improve and to make them brighter?

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:I think the following setting at [airplane_geometry] provides a more realistic spoileron movement. The default value (12) makes the ailerons move up too much, while I've seen quite some spoiler movement on climb-outs and final approaches.

What do you guys think?
This line will make the spoilerons move from 4° aileron deflection onward instead of 12°. If it fits well with what you can see in videos and doesn't increase roll rate too much, I say go for it.
I don't think it increases the roll rate too much. If it does, I think the value for aileron_to_spoileron_gain could be reduced a little. You should not be doing fighter-jet turns with the A320 anyway. :D

In another topic, your new VC has reduced my FSX framerate by about 5-10 FPS. Before, where at cruise I'd get 30 FPS, now I'm getting between 22 and 25. The problem comes when I near an airport the size of say, SKBO (the Virtualcol SKBO 2015). Before, I'd get around 20 FPS at the airport; now I'm getting 14 or so. Is it maybe the VC rain gauge what is eating up my framerate?

P.S.: Cheers for fixing the ND and PFD positions for the F/O.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Bjoern wrote:
What gauge is the problematic code in?
I could take a look at it and check for logic errors.
Descent gauge is "A32x_FMS_DES.xml". It seems that sometimes, the gauge code is not totally run; very mysterious.

The best way to test is if someone has P3D, because P3D records in a log file gauge error....

So, I decide to do another week of test, to be sure. (yesterday, 2 flights without issue...).

And I discovered that if you use spoilers during descent, in mach area, aircraft pitch become crazy. I wrote some protection code to avoid this phenomenon, but it seems that it works only in the IAS area, not above transition altitude.

So, I will improve it and sorry, panel 1.51 will be updated again....

About your VC mod, It is a great feature to invert right seat ND/PFD ! ;) .

I don't know how you made that, but very good !!!

novemberdelta1201

Post by novemberdelta1201 »

The FMC's numeric keypad does not allow me to enter values (within the parameters) such as runway numbers, headings or anything really. I have clicked on the box and it shows a green outline with red text by default and I am unable to make changes in those values.

I don't know if anyone else has this bug, but in the VC and 2D panel, when I try to arm or engage the speed brakes it flips back to the neutral position.

It's a fantastic addon to FSX and I commend your efforts.

Thanks in advance.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The320Pilot wrote: In another topic, your new VC has reduced my FSX framerate by about 5-10 FPS. Before, where at cruise I'd get 30 FPS, now I'm getting between 22 and 25. The problem comes when I near an airport the size of say, SKBO (the Virtualcol SKBO 2015). Before, I'd get around 20 FPS at the airport; now I'm getting 14 or so. Is it maybe the VC rain gauge what is eating up my framerate?
Is framerate in good weather (no rain) ok?
Did you increase in the FSX.cfg the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD from 1024 (default) to 2048 or 4096? This would have a performance and framerate impact; IMO 2048 is good enough in combi with VC HD texture and a demanding airport scenery .... and a CPU of 4+ Ghz .

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote:
The320Pilot wrote: In another topic, your new VC has reduced my FSX framerate by about 5-10 FPS. Before, where at cruise I'd get 30 FPS, now I'm getting between 22 and 25. The problem comes when I near an airport the size of say, SKBO (the Virtualcol SKBO 2015). Before, I'd get around 20 FPS at the airport; now I'm getting 14 or so. Is it maybe the VC rain gauge what is eating up my framerate?
Is framerate in good weather (no rain) ok?
Did you increase in the FSX.cfg the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD from 1024 (default) to 2048 or 4096? This would have a performance and framerate impact; IMO 2048 is good enough in combi with VC HD texture and a demanding airport scenery .... and a CPU of 4+ Ghz .
I haven't changed anything except updating the A320. I've always used TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I did a test and with the VCRain disabled, even if it was not raining, my framerate dropped. I have disabled it and the framerate went back to where it was.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I need help.

I didn't found the error which occurs descent bug.

I need someone that use P3D, because it create an LOG file with gauges code issue. So if someone can do a complete flight with P3D, with the last panel 1.51 and send to me the file created by P3D which the name is "ContentErrorLog.txt".

it will be help me to debug and find the problem with the panel...

Thank you

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:The dimmed displayed numbers are nearly unvisible at dawn and dusk. Really no chance to improve and to make them brighter?
Just to clarify: I will investigate this!

The320Pilot wrote:I don't think it increases the roll rate too much. If it does, I think the value for aileron_to_spoileron_gain could be reduced a little. You should not be doing fighter-jet turns with the A320 anyway. :D
I've heard of A319s and A318s exhibiting fighter-like performance during airshows, ut I think an A319 is a bit too heavy for that.
In another topic, your new VC has reduced my FSX framerate by about 5-10 FPS. Before, where at cruise I'd get 30 FPS, now I'm getting between 22 and 25. The problem comes when I near an airport the size of say, SKBO (the Virtualcol SKBO 2015). Before, I'd get around 20 FPS at the airport; now I'm getting 14 or so. Is it maybe the VC rain gauge what is eating up my framerate?
Framerate drops should not happen due to the model alone, especially not when it's not raining.
Can you revert to 1.50.3 if possible and test again to rule out any runaway gauge code in Francois' updated panel?
Descent gauge is "A32x_FMS_DES.xml". It seems that sometimes, the gauge code is not totally run; very mysterious.
Merci. I'll take a look.
And I discovered that if you use spoilers during descent, in mach area, aircraft pitch become crazy. I wrote some protection code to avoid this phenomenon, but it seems that it works only in the IAS area, not above transition altitude.
I think I have the same problem with my DC-9's speed hold PID controller. Might be a refresh rate limitation as input values change too drastically while extending spoilers for the controller to be able to compensate.
You could try to alter the spoiler moment in the .air file and see if it helps. See reply number 5 here:
http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yab ... 1160580123
About your VC mod, It is a great feature to invert right seat ND/PFD ! ;) .

I don't know how you made that, but very good !!!
I took the default A321 VC, converted it into .x (basically a text file) and .obj format, then imported the .obj into 3ds Max, moved the texture map of the FO displays to their proper location, then compensated for some .x file peculiarities by flipping the display polygon's normals, exported the display polygons as .x files and replaced the geometry information in the A321's VC .x file. Finally I've compiled the .x file with XToMDL and put it back into FSX.

But that procedure will not be used again. I have the complete VC model in 3ds Max now, including animations and can export and compile it directly from there.

The320Pilot wrote:I did a test and with the VCRain disabled, even if it was not raining, my framerate dropped. I have disabled it and the framerate went back to where it was.
What exactly did you disable?

fdd_fr wrote:I need help.

I didn't found the error which occurs descent bug.

I need someone that use P3D, because it create an LOG file with gauges code issue. So if someone can do a complete flight with P3D, with the last panel 1.51 and send to me the file created by P3D which the name is "ContentErrorLog.txt".

it will be help me to debug and find the problem with the panel...

Thank you
By the way, I use XMLTools' LocalVars gauge to debug gauge logic. Compared to Blackbox, its biggest adavatage is that automatically monitors all L: vars running in the simulator. It works really well and if I need a default simvar checked, I simply translate it into an L: var with, e.g.

(A:AUTOPILOT MASTER; bool) (>L:000 AUTOPILOT MASTER, bool)
(The "000" is for sorting purposes in the gauge window.)

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:In another topic, your new VC has reduced my FSX framerate by about 5-10 FPS. Before, where at cruise I'd get 30 FPS, now I'm getting between 22 and 25. The problem comes when I near an airport the size of say, SKBO (the Virtualcol SKBO 2015). Before, I'd get around 20 FPS at the airport; now I'm getting 14 or so. Is it maybe the VC rain gauge what is eating up my framerate?
Framerate drops should not happen due to the model alone, especially not when it's not raining.
Can you revert to 1.50.3 if possible and test again to rule out any runaway gauge code in Francois' updated panel?
I'll do some more flights to try to see if it is the VCRain gauge or not (albeit I think that's the problematic gauge).
Bjoern wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:I did a test and with the VCRain disabled, even if it was not raining, my framerate dropped. I have disabled it and the framerate went back to where it was.
What exactly did you disable?
I left the entire [VCockpit03] section in the panel.cfg file as a comment.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The320Pilot wrote:I'll do some more flights to try to see if it is the VCRain gauge or not (albeit I think that's the problematic gauge).
As I've said, it could just as well be the new panel version.
I left the entire [VCockpit03] section in the panel.cfg file as a comment.
Will take a look at the gauge logic used for the rain. It might just be that the airspeed-dependency used in the update timer for the rain is confsuing FSX in some way.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Francois:
I've looked at A32x_FMS_DES.xml and modified it a bit. In general, I've changed the syntax, expressions and structure to suit my preference for writing XML gauges and make it easier to read for me. The fundamental logic has not been changed. I've also translated your comments and added some more with my interpretation of what your code is doing.

1) I'm no fan of "goto" objects, so I removed it and put the "sim paused" condition into the general execution conditions for the descent logic.

2) You might want ot check the descent logic initialization and make sure that "(L:ClimbPhase,enum)", "(L:DescentPhase,enum)", etc... are all correctly passed from other gauges.

3) I don't know what G:Var3 is supposed to achieve. It switches to "1" if the autpilot is NOT engaged, but the following N1 and attitude initialization logic requires it AND the autopilot variable to be "1".
I've removed the initial check and modified the conditions used to lock the initialization logic. This could very well be the cause of your problem.

The modified gauge is here:

Expiration date is set to one week.

Others can test the modified gauge as well. If pasted into an empty text file and saved as "A32x_FMS_DES.xml" and put into a folder named "A320FD-FMC" in the A320's "panel" folder, FSX will read it before the original gauge in the .cab file.

- Edit: Information out of date.
Last edited by Bjoern on 29 Sep 2016, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks, Bjoern! Just exchanged the old -> new file "A32x_FMS_DES.xml" in the folder "A320FD-FMC", which resides for panel v1.51 in the FSX/Gauges folder.
Unfortunately the descent does not work, the descent starts as expected but then the A/C remains constant at 600 ft/min (no speed control).

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Well, at least the descent initialized.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

wulfbindewald wrote:Thanks, Bjoern! Just exchanged the old -> new file "A32x_FMS_DES.xml" in the folder "A320FD-FMC", which resides for panel v1.51 in the FSX/Gauges folder.
Unfortunately the descent does not work, the descent starts as expected but then the A/C remains constant at 600 ft/min (no speed control).
Bjoern wrote:Well, at least the descent initialized.

The new xml file can be opened with the editor again.

There is only one line shown, if I open directly with mouse double-click: "AceXML Document A32x_FMS_DES.xml 0.000,0.000". What goes wrong? Better would be to provide a validated xml file for user test.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Found a syntax and logic bug in the initialization routine, so let's try this again:

[Link removed because content is obsolete]

Find the "Download" button and download the file, then chenge the file extension from .txt to .xml and put it into "panel.[iae/cfm]\A320FD-FMC" (create the folder if necessary).
Last edited by Bjoern on 01 Oct 2016, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern, the updated A32x_FMS_DES.xml file does not work on my end. The xml file looks as described on my previous mail. Flight test: No callout, descent and speed control. May other user have more luck.
BTW the original A320 panel 1.51 works fine w/o any descent bug.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Well, I think there is a small issue with the A320 1.51. When the aircraft ia on OP DES, activating the speedbrakes produces wild oscilations in the plane's pitch. Apart from that, everything is perfect.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The320Pilot wrote:Well, I think there is a small issue with the A320 1.51. When the aircraft ia on OP DES, activating the speedbrakes produces wild oscilations in the plane's pitch. Apart from that, everything is perfect.
That's an inherent problem with Francois' pitch controller used for managed descent. Not sure if it can ever be fixed properly.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:Well, I think there is a small issue with the A320 1.51. When the aircraft ia on OP DES, activating the speedbrakes produces wild oscilations in the plane's pitch. Apart from that, everything is perfect.
That's an inherent problem with Francois' pitch controller used for managed descent. Not sure if it can ever be fixed properly.
I'll use managed descent when using the speedbrakes, then, and then revert back to OP DES when the speed is where I want it to be.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I also had this problem but if I deploy speedbrakes gently (handling VC lever), this nose effect is very reduced

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Found and fixed the culprit for the dim displays during night.

Since I'm fixing the missing weather radar switches on the F/O side, trying to implement my simple weather radar as a ND overlay could be woth a shot. It's more of a visual gag than accurate and only features green blobs for clouds (since it's intended for older aircraft).

By the way:
The author of the high res VC textures did not include an e-mail address in his readme. So for me, this voids his requirement of obtaining permission for distribution of his textures. I'll give him credit for his work in my readme though.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Bjoern,

G:Var3 in descent gauge is a flag to keep in memmory if user has disconnected and connected again Autopilot to restore the AP pitch mode.

About speed brake issue during managed descent, I think that is linked to the Pitch bug of the descent gauge, because It doesn't occurs at each time.

I work to solve this problem.

About the Descent gauge bug ( Pitch frozen and constant attitude that occurs a reducing speed) : Since I moved the descent gauge in the VCockpit02 section, bug has disappears; So I have to do more test to be sure.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Worked on the cockpit panels last night. The "Terr On ND" button is in and working, the radio and transponder frequency input method has been completely changed (working knobs!) and the ND control knobs can now be turned left and right.

fdd_fr wrote:G:Var3 in descent gauge is a flag to keep in memmory if user has disconnected and connected again Autopilot to restore the AP pitch mode.
But combined with the other initialization conditions, it did not make much sense.

Well, if the gauge works better in the [VCockpit02] section, I guess that's the way to go in terms of a fix.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I wrote this part of code 2 years ago, and I not remember all details, but I think that if I have added this G:Var because it should be to fix a bug in a particulary situation; probably when you reload a savegame....

Descent gauge works now for me and I added a control to avoid violent pitch change when speed brakes are used in descent.

You are right about Pause detection and the Goto; I removed it.

About the new beautiful VC HD texture linked by wulf, they use many memmory and when I use a high level addon scenery, I have OOM crash :laugh:

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

here the link to download Panel 1.52 A320 CFM & IAE.

http://freenavdbgroup.com/download/Pane ... %20IAE.zip

What's new :
- I hope Descent bug definitively fixed (bug was pitch freeze during managed descent) ; Now gauge is moved in the second VC cocpit section of panel.cfg file, so use panel.cfg file joined to the pack if you install manually
- New code added in descent gauge to avoid violent pitch change in case of speedbrakes use during descent
- Take off gauge improved about holding SRS speed in case of Noise abatement procedure during a SID
- Autopilot gauge improved
- aircraft cfg updated about VC light according the new Overhead gauge fixed by Bjoern
- New VC model, updated by Bjoern joined in the pack (ND position fixed, and new VC rain effect that you can active in panel.cfg file, section VCockpit03)

I did a dozen of flights without the descent bug, so I hope that now all is ok.

This update comes with an updater software (FSX only) but you can install manually if you want, but updater is the best way.

Please, if you use updater, give me some feedback here, if all is ok, and tell me your Windows version; Because I want to be sure that the program works fine before to work again on it to add the P3D option;

I need feedback because I wrote this software in VB6, an old language, and I use tricks to it to work on modern Windows.

Francois

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Out of the box, they are 4096 pixel bitmaps in DXT1 format, weighing in at 10 MB each (80 MB in total for the entire VC). I could provide 2048 px versions in DXT1 format which would only be 2 MB large (16 MB in total). Should lower the chance of OOMs.