Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Prosdocimo

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Prosdocimo »

Bjoern wrote:Out of the box, they are 4096 pixel bitmaps in DXT1 format, weighing in at 10 MB each (80 MB in total for the entire VC). I could provide 2048 px versions in DXT1 format which would only be 2 MB large (16 MB in total). Should lower the chance of OOMs.
Please do it. I also had some Fsx freeze maybe due to high pixels format. I changed max_textures_load=2048 in Fsx.cfg and it helped a bit.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

A320 Panel 1.52: The displayed instrument lights during night/dawn/dusk are still barely visible. Are the improved dimmed lights already included in the new VC model?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I never understand how works the gauge lighting in VC. I hope that Bjoern will help us to improve that. I know that it is possible to get a variable lighting, but I don't know how to do....

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

A variable dimmed lighting would be comfortable, no doubt. But I´m happy with the "old" and Pre-MOD lighting, where there is a good brightness balance between HD texture lighting and instrument lighting. Please see 2 pics for comparison pre and current post MOD, panel 1.52.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

damned !

I have a new bug ! Altitude freeze during approach !!!

EDIT : Solved. I did an error with AIRAC update.
Last edited by fdd_fr on 02 Oct 2016, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

fdd_fr wrote:damned !

I have a new bug ! Altitude freeze during approach !!!
Hi, I made LIMC-LIRF twice and no bugs at all

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Excuse me ! I forgot to update AIRAC so a waypoint has not been created in the flight plan whith the SID loaded, so all approach data were unreadable for FMC.

Now all works !

Thanks Prosdocimo

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

fdd_fr wrote:Excuse me ! I forgot to update AIRAC so a waypoint has not been created in the flight plan whith the SID loaded, so all approach data were unreadable for FMC.

Now all works !

Thanks Prosdocimo
perfect! I also liked the fix about speedbrakes action

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

*Sigh*
Do you guys ever read what I write?
I posted a page back that I found and fixed the cause for the dim night lighting.
But I can't release it yet since I've remodeled the FCU and struggle to find motivation to adapt the 2D version to the new layout. This is absolutely necessary because the 2D panel determines the location of the gauge polygons on the 3D FCU.
I'll have to move all elements, check their positioning, move resize, etc...this is absolutely not fun and requires a whole block of time which I'm really unwilling to commit at the moment.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

novemberdelta1201 wrote:The FMC's numeric keypad does not allow me to enter values (within the parameters) such as runway numbers, headings or anything really. I have clicked on the box and it shows a green outline with red text by default and I am unable to make changes in those values.

I don't know if anyone else has this bug, but in the VC and 2D panel, when I try to arm or engage the speed brakes it flips back to the neutral position.

It's a fantastic addon to FSX and I commend your efforts.

Thanks in advance.
oh sorry, I didn't see your message.

If FMC keyboard doesn't work, this is because XMLTools.dll (if you use FSX) is not properlly installed. Check install manual and try to fix it (check your dll.xml file;You can know that install is ok when FSX ask to you to accept XMLTools.dll as a trusted software; If you never had this message box, that means that dll is not correctly instaalled and FMC cannot work).

If you don't find any solution, tell me and I will upload a provisional full pack of the aircraft, with panel 1.52, whith my Auto installer software. This setup program install automatically DLLs (and declare in dll.xml) used by FMC.

Francois
Last edited by fdd_fr on 02 Oct 2016, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Airports under construction :

- KPSC
- KSEA
- KPHX (yes I konw, many delay !)
- LEAS
- LGKR
- ENTC

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:Airports under construction :

- KPSC
- KSEA
- KPHX (yes I konw, many delay !)
- LEAS
- LGKR
- ENTC
Also:
SKRG, SKPE: data is ready; currently doing some tests to see how they work.

SKBG: only approach data is missing; SID & STAR already coded.

novemberdelta1201

Post by novemberdelta1201 »

fdd_fr wrote:
novemberdelta1201 wrote:The FMC's numeric keypad does not allow me to enter values (within the parameters) such as runway numbers, headings or anything really. I have clicked on the box and it shows a green outline with red text by default and I am unable to make changes in those values.

I don't know if anyone else has this bug, but in the VC and 2D panel, when I try to arm or engage the speed brakes it flips back to the neutral position.

It's a fantastic addon to FSX and I commend your efforts.

Thanks in advance.
oh sorry, I didn't see your message.

If FMC keyboard doesn't work, this is because XMLTools.dll (if you use FSX) is not properlly installed. Check install manual and try to fix it (check your dll.xml file;You can know that install is ok when FSX ask to you to accept XMLTools.dll as a trusted software; If you never had this message box, that means that dll is not correctly instaalled and FMC cannot work).

If you don't find any solution, tell me and I will upload a provisional full pack of the aircraft, with panel 1.52, whith my Auto installer software. This setup program install automatically DLLs (and declare in dll.xml) used by FMC.

Francois
Thank you very much Francois,

Please pardon my ignorance- I was too excited and overlooked that instruction. All is well.

novemberdelta1201

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Prepared CokiBH's textures for the next VC release. Here's what you'll get:
- 4096 px resolution: 8*8.0 MB + 2.5 MB = 66.5 MB in total
- 2048 px resolution: 8*2.0 MB + 2.5 MB = 18.5 MB in total
- 1024 px resolution: 9*0.5 MB = 4.5 MB in total

The white instrument light will be included as an option. This should hopefully help with OOM errors.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The new, partially complete FCU. Primarily intended for the VC, but gauge poly mapping will require a proper 2D gauge layout, so...

Uses panel version 1.52's switch and knob logic.

The "TRK/FPA" and "Metric ALT" mode toggles have been made operational:

"TRK" mode is used to adjust the course setting. Not sure if FPA mode actually works.

The "Expedite" button will be a dummy until Francois has some actual use for it.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Great ! Good job !

FPA mode is coded in the panel, Actually, to activate FPA mode, you have to click on the "VS" reading in the FCU ALT window. (altitude must be in selected mode of course).

Abdullah Radwan

Post by Abdullah Radwan »

Hi, Why we can't make any procedure in the SID? (DME Arc,Gradient, etc)

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

fdd_fr wrote:FPA mode is coded in the panel, Actually, to activate FPA mode, you have to click on the "VS" reading in the FCU ALT window. (altitude must be in selected mode of course).
Will there be problems if a pilot uses HDG/VS mode but needs to change into TRK/FPA mode to set a course, i.e. will the plane maintain its flightpath?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I coded FPA mode long time ago...my memmory is old Image

But I believe that my code allow FPA mode to work in NAV (to be use with RNAV approach).

maybe V/S cannot be use in NAV mode; V/S works with HDG only...or maybe when you switch in V/S, NAV switch to HDG but you can re-engage NAV....

I must test to remember :D because since I added the possibilityu to enter a gradient value in Approach FMC page, (or special gradient can be included in airport CSV files), I had no use the FPA mode.

But I remembered that I lost many of my hair when I coded all the Autopilot mode, because Airbus Philosophy is complex :laugh:

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote:I coded FPA mode long time ago...my memmory is old Image

But I believe that my code allow FPA mode to work in NAV (to be use with RNAV approach).

maybe V/S cannot be use in NAV mode; V/S works with HDG only...or maybe when you switch in V/S, NAV switch to HDG but you can re-engage NAV....

I must test to remember :D because since I added the possibilityu to enter a gradient value in Approach FMC page, (or special gradient can be included in airport CSV files), I had no use the FPA mode.

But I remembered that I lost many of my hair when I coded all the Autopilot mode, because Airbus Philosophy is complex :laugh:
Hi francois

Today I has complete the HSSS files, but I have some problem:

There no runway frequency shows in FMS in any approach, so every approach I set that manual,

I can't use speed brake - when I try to use it the aircraft is go to the down.

Also Why I can't any procedure in SID?

Airport files: https://archive.org/download/HSSS.7z/HSSS.7z

Sorry for that, I am a beginner person.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Sorry, but I can't uncompress your archive; it seems that there is an error (I tried with Winrar).

Can you upload again in Zip or RAR format ?

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote:Sorry, but I can't uncompress your archive; it seems that there is an error (I tried with Winrar).

Can you upload again in Zip or RAR format ?
I compress it with 7zip, free program from here: http://www.7-zip.org/

But I can compress file with Zip and RAR format.

Also I found all problems and correct them.

The ruwnay information is not found in FSX database, so I am download a new scenery have the information.

The speed break: You don't update the panal for A321, so I am download A320 with last panel (1.51) and no problem.

Now I have two question: Why there no procedure can be applied in SID?

Also some airports have two SID type (RNAV, Normal), which most be putted? or both?

Regards.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Abdullah Radwan wrote: Also I found all problems and correct them.
The ruwnay information is not found in FSX database, so I am download a new scenery have the information.
Could you please send us your latest HSSS Khartoum database again. Then we will check your database and give you a feedback.

Have you used waypoints which are already predefined in FSX or did you define new additional waypoints (not "U" waypoints), which must be declared in a seperate database xml file and converted afterwards in a corresponding bgl file and located in the FSX/Addon Scenery/scenery folder? If yes, please include this xml and bgl files in your upload too.

Abdullah Radwan

wulfbindewald wrote:
Abdullah Radwan wrote: Also I found all problems and correct them.
Could you please send us your latest HSSS Khartoum database again. Then we will check your database and give you a feedback.

Have you used waypoints which are already predefined in FSX or did you define new additional waypoints (not "U" waypoints), which must be declared in a seperate database xml file and converted afterwards in a corresponding bgl file and located in the FSX/Addon Scenery/scenery folder? If yes, please include this xml and bgl files in your upload too.
No, the waypoints found in FSX database and in FD-FMC map view, but in flight plan on the right in FMS, the waypoints in not found!

Also the waypoints not in HSSS, but in another airports, the HSSS waypoints working correctly.

Here is Khartoum airport files: https://archive.org/download/abbod-mar_ ... S/HSSS.zip

Regards.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

I´ll send you tomorrow my HSSS feedback via "Private messages", see this forum header.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello guys,

Sorry for the delay, but I have some private problems that take all my time and I am very busy. I come back as soon as possible.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Finished the VC version of the FCU:

The knobs are all new, fully animated (rotation, push, pull) and operational. Functionality is the same as on the 2D version.
Still need to do a shakedown flight to see if I broke anything.

Francois:
I had to detach the mouse code for the avionics (AP, FMC) interaction from the 2D and 3D knobs, so it runs in the VC version of the FCU gauge now and waits for input from the 2D and 3D click spots. That way, you can update the interaction for the FMC and AP without me having to recompile the VC model each and every time.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern wrote:Finished the VC version of the FCU:

The knobs are all new, fully animated (rotation, push, pull) and operational. Functionality is the same as on the 2D version.

Francois:
I had to detach the mouse code for the avionics (AP, FMC) interaction from the 2D and 3D knobs, so it runs in the VC version of the FCU gauge now and waits for input from the 2D and 3D click spots. That way, you can update the interaction for the FMC and AP without me having to recompile the VC model each and every time.
Looks good! :D
Could you fix the dark displays during nighttime?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Implemented the ECAM control panel. Some buttons can be clicked, but will not do anything since the corresponding ECAM feature is not implemented (yet).

The320Pilot wrote: Could you fix the dark displays during nighttime?
*Sigh*

For the fifth time: Yes!

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Dimmable displays are in. Also shows the ECAM panel and "Terr on ND" button.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks Bjoern for your effort. The dimmed lights and the FCU upgrade looks very promising.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

wow that's fantastic! Many thanks
I am looking forward to play it

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Also implemented a working steering tiller (requires the autobrake switch to be engaged as on the real thing) in case someone prefers that over rudder control. By the way: The connection between rudder and nose wheel steering is a default feature of MSFS and can not be disabled at all.

Furthermore, I've moved and scaled the cockpit to better fit the PA A320 model. It feels a bit more cramped now and you should be able to park the A320 more precisely.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Bjoern wrote:Finished the VC version of the FCU:

Francois:
Great job Bjoern,

So tell me what I must do ? Is it because clickspot area change and I must change the gauge code ? Create a new 2D AP gauge ? I wait more information...

I have many personal problem to solve, but I try to stay in the project.... I hope to get enough time to update airport database today.

Francois

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

fdd_fr wrote: So tell me what I must do ? Is it because clickspot area change and I must change the gauge code ? Create a new 2D AP gauge ? I wait more information...
No, you don't need to create anything new. The actual interaction between autopilot/FMC and 2D or 3D knobs takes place in the VC version of the FCU gauge, so if you change the code there, the 2D gauge will automatically recognize use it. Button and display code changes, however, still need to be transferred from the 2D to the 3D gauge.
But this sounds more complicated than it actually is. If you take a look at the finished gauges once they're complete and uploaded, you'll find that they work almost the same as they did before. ;)

All my changes are built upon v1.52 so until I'm done, I'd appreciate a list of changed files in any new panel update as this will make it easier for me to implement your changes.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok Bjoern. For me 1.52 is ok. I must check all files to upload release version. I try to do that during the week.

And I will try to upload 1.52 aircraft full pack on website

I found the time to update airport database : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=832

News :

FBSK – Gaborone – Botswana by Georges
SKRG – Rionegro José Maria Cordova – Colombia by A320Pilot
SKRG - Rionegro José Maria Cordova – Colombia – Special version for Virtualcol Colombia Virtual Xtreme Scenery by A320Pilot

Updates :

KBFL - BAKERSFIELD Meadows Fields by Wulf Bindewald : v4.01
KHDN – Yampa Valley – USA (Colorado) by Wulf Bindewald v4.01
KMTJ - Montrose County – USA (Colorado) by Wulf Bindewald v4.01

New AIRAC 10152016 (2 BGL files).

Note : This AIRAC includes waypoints for KPHX Phoenix but airport is not completed…
I hope to post KPHX airport during the week....

I would be less present for personal reasons, for some time, but I did not stop the project.

Francois

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Finished the windscreen wipers.

https://youtu.be/iSzMao9rCX8

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Fantastic job Bjoern !

As I said in a previous message, for personal reason, I will very busy during the 2 or 3 next months, so I must stop to work on the porject (or just a little, as I will can) and I will be less present.

I am sorry, this is only for a short time and I will come back as soon as possible, but I have to solve a huge problem in my life.

Wulf has completed the A318 TOD formula but it seems that descent bug (pitch freeze) is come back on A318 so I will try to solve as quick as possible but not easy to find time.

Bjoern, When you will complete your VC modification, send me a message and/or your new VC and I will try to work on the gauge adaptation if necessary.
I don't prepare the full A320 final package, because I think that a bast way to include your updated VC.

The next airport database update will be next saturday, and I will try to maintain an update every 2 weeks.

Francois

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

It's no problem if you need to take a break. This will give me time to take a look at the panels myself and finish the VC update.

Since the cockpit windows are slightly too large in the default A321 VC and resizing the windows didn't quite work out as planned, I have to remodel the entire window area. The window size and shape now corressponds to the PA A320 fuselage, so the view from the VC should be slightly more realistic. The shapes involved are rather complicated though and the texture mapping possibilities are rather limited with the existing VC textures, therefor progress is slow. I might use the opportunity and include operable side windows to give bored pilots a bit more to play with during ground ops.

I also wanted to take a look at the systems modeling. First, to include a better variable status saving capability which enables proper flight resuming and then to confirm or fix the rather weird crossfeed requirement for startup.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

Airport database updated : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=1193

New Airports :

ENTC - Tromso/Langnes – Norway , by Philippe Bronier
KPHX – Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl – USA (Arizona) , by François Dore : Requires panel 1.50 or higher ! (SID double page)
KSEA – Seattle Tacoma Intl – USA (Washington) , by Wulf Bindewald
LEAS – Asturias – Spain , by Philippe Bronier
LGKR – Corfu Kerkira/Ionnis Kapodistrias – Greece , by Philippe Bronier
LIPE – Bologna – Italy , by Francesco Bragagnolo

Updates :

KBIL (4.01) Billings – USA , by Wulf Bindewald
KSMF (4.01) Sacramento – USA , by Wulf Bindewald
PAKT (4.03) Ketchikian – USA Alaska , by Wulf Bindewald
SKRG - José Maria Cordova Rionegro – Colombia , by Carlos Maria Diaz : FSX stock airport version
SKRG - José Maria Cordova Rionegro – Colombia , by Carlos Maria Diaz : Virtualcol Colombia Virtual Xtreme Scenery version or for updated AFCAD with new runway ident 01-19

New AIRAC file : 10302016

Next update : December 4th
ENML
LUKK

……..

I try to upload A318 with panel 1.52 before the end of the day.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I began to build transoceanic tracks.

If you want to test, North Atlantic Tracks (NATS) are included in the XFMC BGL file : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/XFMC_11012016.BGL

You must delete your previous XFMC_xxxxxxx.bgl file before use this new version.

Waypoint system :
Type : W
Region : XX
ICAO terminal code : XFMC
ident : yyNxx

YY is latitude
xx is longitude

exemple : FSX GPS synthax of N50 W40 is : W XX XFMC 50N40

Latitude start from N44° to N57°, step 1°
longitude start from W20° to W50°, step 10°

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi I found several waypoints distance errors in LIPE's 12-30 STAR approaches

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok, I will check LIPE and I think that AFCAD must be updated also...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am preparing the panel update 1.52 for A318; But I don't remember how I named in the A318 pack the aircraft folder.

If someone can confirm to me if aircraft folder is called :

PA_A318FD-FMC
or
PA A318FD-FMC

I need to know for the updater software.

Thanks

Edit : I checked on AVSIM; this is PA_A318FD-FMC
Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok.

You can download now panel 1.521 for A318 here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159

Requires that you have A318 FD-FMC full aircraft pack installed (available on the page)

Include :
- updater software
- the new VC model file from Bjoern
- new descent gauge definitively fixed (this was comments in the gauge which occured issues).
- new AIR file
- Aircraft.cfg updated
- new TOD gauge with Wulf calculation : Thank you Wulf :)
- and all new features for the A318.

You can find on the link panel 1.521 also for A320. This is the same that 1.52, but descent gauge updated to be sure to have no problem.

I have added on the page, the link to download the HD VC textures of CokiBH.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks to Francois for his A318 updated panel 1.521!

Bjoern´s VC moving raindrop modification is generally included, but only partially activated.
- in A320_CFM 1.521: already activated
- in A320_IAE 1.521: to be activated in the panel.A320IAE/panel.cfg folder: Elliminate all uncomment slashes // in the [VCockpit03] section.
- in A318_CFM 1.521: the following section [VCockpit03] to be additionally included below section [VCockpit02] in the panel.A318CFM/panel.cfg folder, similar to the A320 panel.cfg content.

[VCockpit03]
size_mm=512,512
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$VCRain
background_color=0,0,0
visible=0

gauge00=VCRain!VCRain, 0,0,512,512

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

thanks wulf for my thoughtlessness. I have some trouble concentrating at the moment :P

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I fixed the link to A318 panel, because ".zip" extension was missing.

Abdullah Radwan

Hi! I have a problem with descent, A320 panel 1.51

While descent, the selected speed by FMC, is 300 knots, but the real speed is 200, and the descent rate is too low (1800 FPM)! The arrival airport is HECA

How I can correct this problem?

This problem only in first STAR point, The STAR is RASMI 1S

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Abdullah Radwan wrote:Hi! I have a problem with descent, A320 panel 1.51

While descent, the selected speed by FMC, is 300 knots, but the real speed is 200, and the descent rate is too low (1800 FPM)! The arrival airport is HECA

How I can correct this problem?

This problem only in first STAR point, The STAR is RASMI 1S
The older version tends to have a descent bug on some computers. So I recommend to update the A320 panels to the latest version 1.521. Then please let us know if the prob still persists.