Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Abdullah Radwan

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Abdullah Radwan »

wulfbindewald wrote:The older version tends to have a descent bug on some computers. So I recommend to update the A320 panels to the latest version 1.521. Then please let us know if the prob still persists.
After update the panel, the problem has been solved, thank you!

I have a problem with HSSS airport, in BILAL 1 STAR, the first waypoint (BILAL) is not created correctly by FD-FMC, so when I delete the STAR, the arrival airport is disappear from the waypoints list, what I can do?

The STAR line in STAR_data.csv:

Code: Select all

36,BILAL 1,36 ILS-LOC-RNAV-VOR,6,1,W,HS,,BILAL,,,,6000,,0,,,,,2,V,HS,,KTM,,,,6000,,0,,,,,3,U,,,R197K,15.3937768,32.48828887,,4000,220,0,,,,,4,U,,,ARC01,15.37159824,32.50099182,,4000,210,0,,,,,5,U,,,ARC02,15.36630151,32.53601074,,4000,200,0,,,,,6,W,HS,,LAGRA,,,,4000,180,1,2,357,177,60

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Abdullah Radwan wrote:I have a problem with HSSS airport, in BILAL 1 STAR, the first waypoint (BILAL) is not created correctly by FD-FMC, so when I delete the STAR, the arrival airport is disappear from the waypoints list, what I can do?
The BILAL 1 STAR is ok. Please ensure that the fix LAGRA is additionally defined wih coordinates e.g. in a separate HSSS waypoint list. Appproach file LAGRA.csv defined and here all additional waypoints existing?
Please send us a FMC approach window pic if a prob remains.

Abdullah Radwan

wulfbindewald wrote:
Abdullah Radwan wrote:I have a problem with HSSS airport, in BILAL 1 STAR, the first waypoint (BILAL) is not created correctly by FD-FMC, so when I delete the STAR, the arrival airport is disappear from the waypoints list, what I can do?
The BILAL 1 STAR is ok. Please ensure that the fix LAGRA is additionally defined wih coordinates e.g. in a separate HSSS waypoint list. Appproach file LAGRA.csv defined and here all additional waypoints existing?
Please send us a FMC approach window pic if a prob remains.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Abdullah, I will try tonight and I come back to you

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Abdullah, on the first pic you can see, that the fix BILAL is defined in the file (left waypoint column), but not specifically defined as a waypoint with coordinates (right column) .... so a missing waypoint. I hope this helps.

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote:Abdullah, I will try tonight and I come back to you
Waiting you....
wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Abdullah, on the first pic you can see, that the fix BILAL is defined in the file (left waypoint column), but not specifically defined as a waypoint with coordinates (right column) .... so a missing waypoint. I hope this helps.
I know this problem can be solved by make it a user waypoint... but why? this is a waypoint exits in FSX database, why add it as a user waypoint?

Also I have same problem with OETF airport, not published yet, but same problem, the waypoint exits in FSX database and I can add it using flight planner, but the waypoint not created correctly by FD-FMC!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I tried to add BILAL manually with FMC keyboard and it works :

So, this is very curious. Send me your CSV files by mail and I will search where is the problem.

Francois

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote:I tried to add BILAL manually with FMC keyboard and it works :

So, this is very curious. Send me your CSV files by mail and I will search where is the problem.

Francois
I has send it to you, have a nice time!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Abdullah,

I tried your files and all works fine on my computer. BILAL is added to the flight plan as expected when I add BILAL 1 STAR.
see pictures below :

So, I believe that you use a scenery for your HSSS airport; Maybe this scenery occurs a problem with BILAL. Try to desactivate your scenery and check with FD-FMC.

You can check also with Plan-G, if your BILAL waypoint has the right ICAO region code. In PLAN-G, move your mouse pointer above the waypoint and a little window display the ICAO region code, as shown on picture below :

But your files are ok.

Francois

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote:Hello Abdullah,

I tried your files and all works fine on my computer. BILAL is added to the flight plan as expected when I add BILAL 1 STAR.
see pictures below :

So, I believe that you use a scenery for your HSSS airport; Maybe this scenery occurs a problem with BILAL. Try to desactivate your scenery and check with FD-FMC.

You can check also with Plan-G, if your BILAL waypoint has the right ICAO region code. In PLAN-G, move your mouse pointer above the waypoint and a little window display the ICAO region code, as shown on picture below :

But your files are ok.

Francois
Good, in Plan-G, I have two BILAL waypoint & all have region code, I installed FSX/P3D Fixes update, it may can occurs the problem?

I has been disabled the airport but same problem.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, I think that the 2 waypoints with the same name and ICAO code occurs a FSX bug when FMC ask to add this waypoint to the flight plan.

When you say "same problem", have you test with FD-FMC only look at Plan-G map ?

You have to build again the Plan-G database after disabled your scenery, otherwise the second BILAL will appears on the PLAN-G map. P

If it appears after to update the Plan-G database, that means that your second BILAL comes from another BGL file which is not in your airport scenery.

Have you install in your FSX, other navaids addon BGL files ? if yes, try to disabled (rename files) these files.

I just completed a flgiht from HECA to HSSS and all was perfect.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

last thing : In your SID data, all SID have not a clearance altitude. FD-FMC requires a departure clearance altitude. If you have not a value on the charts, set a minimum value that must be higher that acceleration altitude.

Francois

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote:Yes, I think that the 2 waypoints with the same name and ICAO code occurs a FSX bug when FMC ask to add this waypoint to the flight plan.

When you say "same problem", have you test with FD-FMC only look at Plan-G map ?

You have to build again the Plan-G database after disabled your scenery, otherwise the second BILAL will appears on the PLAN-G map. P

If it appears after to update the Plan-G database, that means that your second BILAL comes from another BGL file which is not in your airport scenery.

Have you install in your FSX, other navaids addon BGL files ? if yes, try to disabled (rename files) these files.

I just completed a flgiht from HECA to HSSS and all was perfect.

Francois
Ok, I mean test with FD-FMC.

After remove WorldINT.bgl, it's a update waypoints for all world, the problem is solved, but I need this file because this update all waypoint in the world.

What I can do?

Abdullah Radwan

I conversion the file to XML, then remove all waypoint exits in FSX, such BILAL, then compile it again, but same problem!!!! There no two BILAL wayopint or something like this, where is the problem?

I test with FD-FMC

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Not sure, but I think that comes from waypoint BGL files that you added.

Some addon waypoints database update FSX stock waypoints, like Herve Sors databse, but when you install this kind of database, you have to remove some FSX stock BGL files to avoid waypoints doubled.

FSX cannot accept doubled waypoint with exactly the same name.

I have a solution for your HSSS issue but I think that you will have again this bug with other airport in the future. The best way should be to check the installation of your addon waypoint database or use another database.
This is the reason why with our Freenav database, we add only FSX missing waypoints to avoid this kind of bug.

So, to solve your HSSS problem, you can use the XFMC_xxxxx.bgl file. I created this second AIRAC file to solve problem of missplaced FSX stock waypoints. This is a fake airport called "XFMC", and this file allows to create terminal waypoints (blue waypoint).

So, I compiled a new version of the file that you can download here :http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/XFMC_11122016.zip
ZIP file include BGL and XML version.
Place the BGL file in your Addon Scenery\Scenery\ folder with the Freenav AIRAC but delete the previous version of XFMC_xxx.bgl;
I included in the file BILAL, which is now a new terminal waypoint (blue).

You have to edit and change your CSV file because now, BILAL is a waypoint linked to XFMC fake airport.

Declaration must be :

Waypoint type : W
ICAO region code : HS
ICAO airport code : XFMC
Name : BILAL

exemple for your STAR :
36,BILAL 1,36 ILS-LOC-RNAV-VOR,6, 1,W,HS,XFMC,BILAL,,,,6000,,0,,,,,2,V,HS,,KTM,,,,6000,,0,,,,,3,U,,,R197K,15.3937768,32.48828887,,4000,220,0,,,,,4,U,,,ARC01,15.37159824,32.50099182,,4000,210,0,,,,,5,U,,,ARC02,15.36630151,32.53601074,,4000,200,0,,,,,6,W,HS,,LAGRA,,,,4000,180,1,2,357,177,60
And all will work :)

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote:Not sure, but I think that comes from waypoint BGL files that you added.

Some addon waypoints database update FSX stock waypoints, like Herve Sors databse, but when you install this kind of database, you have to remove some FSX stock BGL files to avoid waypoints doubled.

FSX cannot accept doubled waypoint with exactly the same name.

I have a solution for your HSSS issue but I think that you will have again this bug with other airport in the future. The best way should be to check the installation of your addon waypoint database or use another database.
This is the reason why with our Freenav database, we add only FSX missing waypoints to avoid this kind of bug.

So, to solve your HSSS problem, you can use the XFMC_xxxxx.bgl file. I created this second AIRAC file to solve problem of missplaced FSX stock waypoints. This is a fake airport called "XFMC", and this file allows to create terminal waypoints (blue waypoint).

So, I compiled a new version of the file that you can download here :http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/XFMC_11122016.zip
ZIP file include BGL and XML version.
Place the BGL file in your Addon Scenery\Scenery\ folder with the Freenav AIRAC but delete the previous version of XFMC_xxx.bgl;
I included in the file BILAL, which is now a new terminal waypoint (blue).

You have to edit and change your CSV file because now, BILAL is a waypoint linked to XFMC fake airport.

Declaration must be :

Waypoint type : W
ICAO region code : HS
ICAO airport code : XFMC
Name : BILAL

exemple for your STAR :
36,BILAL 1,36 ILS-LOC-RNAV-VOR,6, 1,W,HS,XFMC,BILAL,,,,6000,,0,,,,,2,V,HS,,KTM,,,,6000,,0,,,,,3,U,,,R197K,15.3937768,32.48828887,,4000,220,0,,,,,4,U,,,ARC01,15.37159824,32.50099182,,4000,210,0,,,,,5,U,,,ARC02,15.36630151,32.53601074,,4000,200,0,,,,,6,W,HS,,LAGRA,,,,4000,180,1,2,357,177,60
And all will work :)
Thank you very much, I have same problem with OBVAT, RAGIP, BUSAT, 1 & 2 STARs.

I know it's require to delete some stock BGL files, but what's the files? I don't know.

That's a big problem, I have same problem with OETF SIDs, the first SID waypoint not created correctly by FMC!

I

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I don't know what database you use.

I know only the herve Sors database : http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Herve's database is an update of FSX database; He join to his pack all FSX BGL files that must be replaced, to avoid duplicate waypoints and bugs.

But if you use Herve's Database, there will be problem with FD-FMC, because Freenav AIRAC is designed to be use with only FSX stock database. By use another database, you will have always duplicate waypoints.
This is the reason why I wrote in the guidebook that all addon scenery must be disabled before to work on an airport, to be sure that it will work on all computers.

The only solution should be to desactivate all addon database and use only Freenav AIRAC when you flight with FD-FMC. But if you install his database correctly, you cannot disable it because you will lose all FSX waypoints.

So, I haven't a good solution in your case........except add for your own use, waypoints that occurs problem as terminal waypoints in your XFMC_xxxx.bgl file, but that mean that you will have to create a special version for you of CSV file and a public version for other user....too complex....

I am really sorry, but FD-FMC cannot works with a addon waypoints database.....no solution....because our system is designed to work on the majority of computers.

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote:I don't know what database you use.

I know only the herve Sors database : http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Herve's database is an update of FSX database; He join to his pack all FSX BGL files that must be replaced, to avoid duplicate waypoints and bugs.

But if you use Herve's Database, there will be problem with FD-FMC, because Freenav AIRAC is designed to be use with only FSX stock database. By use another database, you will have always duplicate waypoints.
This is the reason why I wrote in the guidebook that all addon scenery must be disabled before to work on an airport, to be sure that it will work on all computers.

The only solution should be to desactivate all addon database and use only Freenav AIRAC when you flight with FD-FMC. But if you install his database correctly, you cannot disable it because you will lose all FSX waypoints.

So, I haven't a good solution in your case........except add for your own use, waypoints that occurs problem as terminal waypoints in your XFMC_xxxx.bgl file, but that mean that you will have to create a special version for you of CSV file and a public version for other user....too complex....

I am really sorry, but FD-FMC cannot works with a addon waypoints database.....no solution....because our system is designed to work on the majority of computers.
Thank you very much, I understand that, But....

I use this database with above: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html

I really need it because I flying with IVAO, with FSX GPS aircrafts, such B350, C172, etc....

If no solution, no problem, I will use FSX stock database if flying with FD-FMC, and use addon database when fly with another aircrafts.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I understand your deception, but we hadn't other choice.
Herve Sors's database replace FSX database
Freenav AIRAC file add only FSX missing waypoints. We use by permission the Herve's database in XML format to take only waypoints required and add them in our AIRAC.

We have chozen to not use Herve's database because it requires to delete many FSX BGL files and FD-FMC users would not necessarily have accepted to change their FSX.

Francois

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote:I understand your deception, but we hadn't other choice.
Freenav AIRAC file add only FSX missing waypoints. We use by permission the Herve's database in XML format to take only waypoints required and add them in our AIRAC.

We have chozen to not use Herve's database because it requires to delete many FSX BGL files and FD-FMC users would not necessarily have accepted to change their FSX.

Francois
I understand, but why? replace FSX database with a new database, new waypoint, it's a good thing, why not? that will not crash FSX, or something like this!

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Enclosed one pic above Orbx FTX Southern Alaska, where I´m currently testing the TOD distance formula for the A321_CFM and _IAE panel ;)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Abdullah Radwan wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:I understand your deception, but we hadn't other choice.

Francois
I understand, but why? replace FSX database with a new database, new waypoint, it's a good thing, why not? that will not crash FSX, or something like this!
The herve's database, that you can found here http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html is not only a one file, but many dozen of BGL files that must replace FSX stock files. So, this is the reason why I chosen the Freenav AIRAC solution, This database is not a addon, but a huge FSX modification, because you have to delete and replace many APXxxxxx.BGL file in the \Scenery\XXXX\ FSX folders.

I cannot ask ot users to delete their FSX stock files.

Freenav AIRAC is just an addon, which bring no change to FSX.

And when you use Herve's database, the FSX flight planner will no longer work.

Nobody will accept to do that.

Francois

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote: The herve's database, that you can found here http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html is not only a one file, but many dozen of BGL files that must replace FSX stock files. So, this is the reason why I chosen the Freenav AIRAC solution, This database is not a addon, but a huge FSX modification, because you have to delete and replace many APXxxxxx.BGL file in the \Scenery\XXXX\ FSX folders.

I cannot ask ot users to delete their FSX stock files.

Freenav AIRAC is just an addon, which bring no change to FSX.

And when you use Herve's database, the FSX flight planner will no longer work.

Nobody will accept to do that.

Francois
Ok thank you very much, but I want to say a thing.

The database here: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html will not remove any files. this will update all the fixes in FSX, the problem only is duplicate waypoint, need to conversion the file to XML, then remove the duplicate waypoint, then conversion the file again to BGL, and use it.

Also I have a problem, FD-FMC screen size is bigger than my screen size. my screen is 1366x768, is this problem can be solved?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Abdullah Radwan wrote:Also I have a problem, FD-FMC screen size is bigger than my screen size. my screen is 1366x768, is this problem can be solved?
This is really not a big screen size .... but you can downsize the FMC. Go to the the panel.cfg and modify the pixel_size in section [Window06] which controls the size from the FMS gauge in the A320 Panel. The downside is, that the pixel reduction will cause low sharpness from the letters and numbers. Furthermore the size remains unchanged from some displayed letters and numbers in the MAP. I checked this on my 4K screen and it generally works - worth a try.
Don´t forget to make a backup at first!

[Window06]
size_mm=1024,768
pixel_size=1024,768 <--- FMS basic value is 1024,768 try 800,600 or even lower, but keep the size proportion.

Abdullah Radwan

wulfbindewald wrote:
Abdullah Radwan wrote:Also I have a problem, FD-FMC screen size is bigger than my screen size. my screen is 1366x768, is this problem can be solved?
This is really not a big screen size .... but you can downsize the FMC. Go to the the panel.cfg and modify the pixel_size in section [Window06] which controls the size from the FMS gauge in the A320 Panel. The downside is, that the pixel reduction will cause low sharpness from the letters and numbers. Furthermore the size remains unchanged from some displayed letters and numbers in the MAP. I checked this on my 4K screen and it generally works - worth a try.
Don´t forget to make a backup at first!

[Window06]
size_mm=1024,768
pixel_size=1024,768 <--- FMS basic value is 1024,768 try 800,600 or even lower, but keep the size proportion.
Thank you, it's works prefect!

Abdullah Radwan

I has test and end the HSSS airport, please check if any error founded, download from here: https://archive.org/download/HSSSReadIn ... %20file.7z

Also HSOB: https://archive.org/download/HSOBReadIn ... %20file.7z

As my test, all waypoints added correctly using included BGL file, I also add a XML file for waypoints.

I don't make a really test for STAR procedures.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Abdullah Radwan wrote:I has test and end the HSSS airport, please check if any error founded, download from here: https://archive.org/download/HSSSReadIn ... %20file.7z

Also HSOB: https://archive.org/download/HSOBReadIn ... %20file.7z

As my test, all waypoints added correctly using included BGL file, I also add a XML file for waypoints.

I don't make a really test for STAR procedures.
The creator decides for his airport construction the depth and amount of test. Later recognized faults might be corrected in version updates. So I recomend to send your airport data to the adress "airport@freenavdbgroup.com" where Francois manages usually the whole freenav airport database from us.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Hi i am amar gadzun (CokiBH) creator of HD textures for default A321 virtual cockpit.I created them specialy for project airbus and i wanted to give them full licence for sharing and editing but i can not find any one to contact them so i put them on simpage by another person Ricardo Tores.If you want these textures for PA please contact me on facebook Amar Gadzun(blue flag as profile photo) i am also member of PA facebook page so you can find me. CokiBH

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Hi i am amar gadzun (CokiBH) creator of HD textures for default A321 virtual cockpit.I created them specialy for project airbus and i wanted to give them full licence for sharing and editing but i can not find any one to contact them so i put them on simpage by another person Ricardo Tores.If you want these textures for PA please contact me on facebook Amar Gadzun(blue flag as profile photo) i am also member of PA facebook page so you can find me. CokiBH
Last edited by CokiBH on 17 Nov 2016, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Bjoern wrote:
Prosdocimo wrote:Hi, Bjoern
It's true! I can see it because it's drawn in the following HD textures (two pages before):

In that case, I'm going to implement the button.

The320Pilot wrote:Could you make the CSTR, WPT, VOR, NDB and ARPT look like the rest of the buttons in the A/P panel? If you watch closely, you can see they are slightly different.
Wulf isn't the author of the textures (or is he?).

fdd_fr wrote:I thought that it was impossible to add clickspot or new display area in an existing VC; But if you know how to do that, this is fantastic.
Well, it can be done in ModelConverterX, but I took the longer route and exported the model from MCX, imported it into 3ds Max and then recreated all the materials and animations.
The good thing about the default A321 cockpit is, is that there are relatively few animated 3D buttons and animations, so the process went fairly quick.
- solve the issue of the unmirrored displays between left and right seat (at the right place, PFD should be inverted with ND).
This is already fixed. :)
- Use the pedestal FMC display to display FMC status
This is mostly your job. I would create a gauge polygon across the entire FMC surface which will open your FMC when clicked. You can then replace that gauge with any kind of FMC gauge you want.
- Cancel the AP course Konb that doesn't exist on an Airbus

- Have on the AP the VS/FPA switch
These will require updated VC and 2D panel textures and button bitmaps. Texture editing is definitely not one of my favourite activities.

If I supply the clickspot, will you adapt the autopilot and FMC accordingly?
About all extra sound that I use, they are located in the FSX sound folder "\FSX\Sound\Callout_FD\". I use the Doug Dawson gauge to plays these sounds, and we can add as many sounds as you want.
Does the folder also contain the .xml file used for triggering the sound?
But I understand that Is not easy. All this job requires many many times ! i know about ! I work since 4 years now, and regrettably, I do not have enough time as I want...
Well, I hope a new, capable laptop will enable me to work on this fairly frequently.

wulfbindewald wrote:The FSX default A321 VC does not contain this button. This button is only shown in the HD texture. So any new implemented function in the VC will require this HD texture set. This should be highlighted.
Yes, it should and it will be.

Or someone obtains permission for us to edit and distribute the texture set. That way, Francois can include it in the download.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Can we get KMDW files, please?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

CokiBH wrote:
Hello Amar, I sent to you a PM because I haven't facebook (I am too old :D )
The320Pilot wrote:Can we get KMDW files, please?
I am working on RJCC Sapporo; I will do KMDW after; but I hope that it has procedures, because I tried to do in the past KORD, and it hasn't SID, and any STAR are linked to approaches, so KORD cannot be coded.....

Abdullah Radwan

fdd_fr wrote: because I tried to do in the past KORD, and it hasn't SID, and any STAR are linked to approaches, so KORD cannot be coded.....
You can code it by make a fake STAR, have a one waypoint to IAF written in approach chart, then make a approach file and write info...

I make it in OEGS Gassim airport because it hasn't any SID or STAR.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:I am working on RJCC Sapporo; I will do KMDW after; but I hope that it has procedures, because I tried to do in the past KORD, and it hasn't SID, and any STAR are linked to approaches, so KORD cannot be coded.....
KORD is a monster airport with 7 active runways, 14 STARs and 82 STAR entry transitions in total. The prob will be to collect relevant approaches into the limited approach definition from the tool (max. 16).

The O´HARE TWO DEPARTURE includes essentially an "inner ring" of waypoints and an "outer ring" of VORs and some add. waypoints for SID exit. The departure tracks from flightradar24.com and history/data may help to define "preferred" departure tracks into the main directions. So the number of departure tracks in the SID may be reduced to a reasonable value. Otherwise number of Approaches: 14 rwy directions * 14 STARs=196 departure definitions :o

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

fdd_fr wrote:
CokiBH wrote:
Hello Amar, I sent to you a PM because I haven't facebook (I am too old :D )
I replied to you fdd_fr

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello CokiBH, thank you for your answer (I sent you a response).

A good new for the project, CokiBH accept to give me the permission to join his beautiful VC texture to the FD-FMC pack !

MAny thanks CokiBH.

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

With the last update (1.52.1, I think), the RECOG light switch, for the VC day lighting, doesn't work.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

]Hi There...
Got a problem...I've tried to update my A320 CFM/IAE using the 1.521 panel update...
I'm getting this:

Basically, it seems that half the panel is missing and it wont' respond to mouse commands....I've got the correct versions in..Anyy help please..Just got the things working well and now this :roll: Also getting the same problem with the A321 and A318
Thanks in advance..
ZA

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi ZA,
strange though .... so I recommend to select one aircraft, e.g. A320 CFM and manually install the relevant folders and files.

1. Go to the FSX/Gauges folder and check that the "A320FD-FMC.CAB" file latest version is present from 5.11.2016,
if not deactivate this folder to "A320FD-FMC.CAB.off" and copy the latest version into this place.
2. Go to the FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/PA A320FD-FMC_CFM folder and deactivate the "panel.A320CFM" folder e.g. to "panel.A320CFM.off" and
copy the latest "panel.A320CFM" folder panel version 1.521 from 25.09.2016 into this folder.
3. Check and repeat this accordingly with the "aircraft.cfg" file.

If you want to go back just delete the copied folders again and rename the ....off files/folders.
I hope this helps and let us know.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Thanks Wulf...Will give this a try..

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Wulf..
Did as you advised. Still the same result. All the pop ups are working..it just seems like the main gauges are missing..I used the latest download too (1.521) So, not sure waht the problem is. I've cleaned out all my PA AB's too..Drastic I know.. Miss them. I also used the 'Update Panel App' Maybe that has something to do with it....?
Thanks for your time
ZA

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

One shot from my test and validation flights out of Sitka, Alaska, to analyse the TOD distance prediction .... here with the A319_IAE ;) .

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

zaflyer wrote:Hi Wulf.. I also used the 'Update Panel App' Maybe that has something to do with it....?
ZA
Did you manually install the panel folders and files at first and then you used the auto installer afterwards?
Please make one pic to validate the content....
- from the PA A320_CFM aircraft folder, which includes the file listing and dates (model.CFM-100, model.CFM-200, panel.A320CFM, sound.CFM......)
- from the panel.A320CFM folder, which includes the file listing and dates ; 9 files on my end.
- to confirm that the aircraft is visible from the outside to be sure that the full PA aircraft model A320_CFM is properly installed.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Wulf..
Thanks for the reply. In answer to your first Q..I manually added the folders then I used the auto installer (got a feeling this isn't the right way) Here are the images:
I'veused the models from the latest update too..
hope this helps.
Thanks for your time re: this...
ZA

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi ZA, the shown folder list and content looks normal. So please check the following:
- in FSX/Gauges folder: "A320FD-FMC.CAB" is included, but no other A320-named folder e.g. A320FD-FMC.xml. Otherwise rename this one to .off.
- in FSX root folder: File "XMLTools.dll" file is included.
- in ..../Roaming/Microsoft/FSX application folder, where also the fsx.CFG file resides :
The section below is included in the "dll.xml" file.
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

- To "trust" the XMLTools after FSX launch, if not already done...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The320Pilot wrote:With the last update (1.52.1, I think), the RECOG light switch, for the VC day lighting, doesn't work.
Since Bjoern has upgraded the VC model file, VD day's lighting is the third position of the cockpit light switch. RECOG switch has been disabled.

Check in your aircraft.cfg file if VC day's light swith has "10" as identifier (first number after "=" symbol; previous value was "7").

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Zaflyer, check or post here your panel.cfg file.

Edit : or try to change the "." by another character in your old panel folder name : write "panel.A320CFM_OFF", because maybe FSX ignore what is after the second point and that can occurs a bug if there is 2 panel folder with the same name.
Check also in your gauge folder if you kept your previous A320FD-FMC.cab and if you used the same trick to rename.

Change "." by "_"

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:With the last update (1.52.1, I think), the RECOG light switch, for the VC day lighting, doesn't work.
Since Bjoern has upgraded the VC model file, VD day's lighting is the third position of the cockpit light switch. RECOG switch has been disabled.

Check in your aircraft.cfg file if VC day's light swith has "10" as identifier (first number after "=" symbol; previous value was "7").
But the PFD and ND and MCP still look somewhat dark during night. Also, I cannot turn the panel lights (the orange ones) without the flood lights turning on.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Guys..
Tried everything that you've suggested and still no joy. I've double checked declarations etc...All seems OK.. I'm using the 'panel update 1.521' which seems to have the whole new AC, gauges etc in the folder. I've got this version of the panel in that " A320-CFM Version
© Francois DORE version beta 1.52 October,1 2016" I've done nothing with the "Update Config settings" I have used the "update panel App" But, all to no avail. Appreciate all your efforts. But, I must be doing something wrong at this end. I'm using Win 7..but I've set 'permissions' to as they should be.
Best Wishes and thanks
ZA

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi ZA,
please check in your FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder if you have unadvertently created 2 similar (but not identical) named PA320 CFM folders...if yes, delete or shift the non-used one to another place to avoid a wrong selection in the overall FSX aircraft menu.

Please post us the panel.cfg file content as previously requested.