Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

bravo99 wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:
bravo99 wrote:http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... 744967.png

The instaler won't execute and the gauges like PFD, ND and other cockpit instruments are not showing up.
Have you start engines (CTRL+E] or turn on Battery ??????

Installer crash immediately (no run) ?

Which Windows Version ?
The picture was taken during T/O run.

Installer crashed immediately: Affirm

Windows version: 10
About aircraft : same issue I think that zaflyer : You haven't SP2 for your FSX....

About installer, I don't know why..... but are you in Admin mode to run setup ?
Last edited by fdd_fr on 21 Dec 2016, 05:39, edited 1 time in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I modified the installer : Now, it is possible to enter your own paths for the 3 paths required in the main window (a button on the right of each line).

You can now use installer with P3D and FSX-SE if you know these paths.

To download new installer : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/Setup%201.11.zip

Replace the old version with the new, at the same place. check that you have setup.ini file.

CokiBH, if you can test, it will be cool !! ;)

Edit : For P3D, setup program will not install the right DLL (XMLTools3D.dll). So i must add some code in Setup.exe.....
Last edited by fdd_fr on 21 Dec 2016, 09:22, edited 1 time in total.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Wulf...
Thanks for the reply. OK, will do and wait. It'll be a nice Christmas present. I'll perfect my skills with the A318 in the meantime :)
Best Wishes
ZA

kremin

Post by kremin »

fdd_fr wrote:I modified the installer : Now, it is possible to enter your own paths for the 3 paths required in the main window (a button on the right of each line)..........................
Sorry Francois but for me there has been no change in the behaviour. As before my target paths are identified correctly by the installer but it then shows the run-time error message on clicking 'Install'.
I'll wait for the next release - and thanks for this work.

best regards
Rick Canham

bravo99

Post by bravo99 »

zaflyer wrote:Hi Francois...
AT LAST!! It's sorted. Managed to get the FMC up and running. :D Now to install more textures to the A318. One last Q. What's the latest version of the A320 please? There''s one on AVSIM..Not sure if that's it.
Appreciate your help and the help[ of Wulf...
Happy Christmas and a joyous New Year. :)
ZA
Hey! I did exacly the same and the cockpit seems to be working just fine! How did you manage with the FMC?

Thank you
Bravo99

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

fdd_fr wrote:I modified the installer : Now, it is possible to enter your own paths for the 3 paths required in the main window (a button on the right of each line).

Replace the old version with the new, at the same place. check that you have setup.ini file.

Edit : For P3D, setup program will not install the right DLL (XMLTools3D.dll). So i must add some code in Setup.exe.....
Hi francois

I run program and chose paths(they were already chosen) when I click Install I get message:Can't find source folderC:\Users\CokiBH\Downloads\PANEL_A318FD-FMC_1.521\Addon Scenery\Scenery and it write Install complete check if you have only airac file

But installer works without \Addon Scenery\Scenery error I finished install run game and seems to work I run CTRL+E not black screens or something I think It works.

CokIBH

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

kremin wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:I modified the installer : Now, it is possible to enter your own paths for the 3 paths required in the main window (a button on the right of each line)..........................
Sorry Francois but for me there has been no change in the behaviour. As before my target paths are identified correctly by the installer but it then shows the run-time error message on clicking 'Install'.

best regards
Rick Canham
Thanks for Report. Are you in admin Mode ?

CokiBH wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:I modified the installer : Now, it is possible to enter your own paths for the 3 paths required in the main window (a button on the right of each line).

Hi francois

I run program and chose paths(they were already chosen) when I click Install I get message:Can't find source folderC:\Users\CokiBH\Downloads\PANEL_A318FD-FMC_1.521\Addon Scenery\Scenery and it write Install complete check if you have only airac file

But installer works without \Addon Scenery\Scenery error I finished install run game and seems to work I run CTRL+E not black screens or something I think It works.

CokIBH
But at the end, Have yyou the last AIRAC files in your Addon Scenry\Scenery\ folder ?

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

bravo99 wrote:
AT LAST!! It's sorted. Managed to get the FMC up and running. :D Now to install more textures to the A318. One last Q. What's the latest version of the A320 please? There''s one on AVSIM..Not sure if that's it.
Appreciate your help and the help[ of Wulf...
Happy Christmas and a joyous New Year. :)
ZA
Hey! I did exacly the same and the cockpit seems to be working just fine! How did you manage with the FMC?

Thank you
Bravo99
Bravo 99...I declared the xml tools as advised in the instructions..Just make sure you get all the bits in the right place..If you go back to pp 36 here or there about, you'll find some help from Francois and Wulf..They helped me through it.
Cheers
ZA

bravo99

Post by bravo99 »

Thanks, ZA!
Everything seems to be alright now except for the fact that when I select MCT FLX on T/O with everything done before, the A/T reduces to 50% power and this only happens on MCT FLX mode so both TOGA and CLB THR are working properly!

Thank you!
Bravo99

kremin

Post by kremin »

[/quote]

best regards
Rick Canham

Thanks for Report. Are you in admin Mode ?[/quote]

Hi Francois - yes always in Admin mode.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

fdd_fr wrote:
kremin wrote:

best regards
Rick Canham
Thanks for Report. Are you in admin Mode ?

CokiBH wrote:

Hi francois

CokIBH
But at the end, Have yyou the last AIRAC files in your Addon Scenry\Scenery\ folder ?
I have airac from a321 package I downloaded about month ago I did not downloaded new airac but installer worked

CokiBH

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok.

Many thanks to all for reports.

I have fixed many error in setup program. So, A318 pack had some issue (module files were in ZIP format, so installer can not copy files).

So, I compiled a new version of Setup (1.14) and prepared a new pack. I am uploading it and I think that it will be online in 1 hour.

Now, you can enter manually the 3 paths if setup doesn't identify the right windows keys. So you can use it now for P3D and Steam edition.

I will post a message when pack will be online....

Thanks

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok. New pack with new installer is online :

http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/PA_A318F ... M.1.55.zip

Include also Bjoern VC fixed about dimmed light by night.

kremin

Post by kremin »

fdd_fr wrote:ok. New pack with new installer is online :

http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/PA_A318F ... M.1.55.zip

Include also Bjoern VC fixed about dimmed light by night.
Hi Francois,
Thanks for this but I am sorry to say that the installer performs the same as before on my system. For now I will use manual installation.

Happy Christmas - I hope you take some time off with your family. :)

regards
Rick Canham

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Rick,

I am sorry that installer doesn't work on your system. I don't know why.....

I need more feedback of other users....without feedback I cannot understand where is the problem....

And I cannot completed packages until installer not work ;(

Merry christmas

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Alea jacta est, I am uploading the first pack (A318) on AVSIM library with Setup 1.15. This final pack comes with the latest CokiBH HD VC textures, with button and switchs shadows, and VC fixed about dimmed light by night.

Thanks CokiBH !

Maybe it will be online tomorrow and I will upload second pack (A319 CFM and IAE)

Third pack (A320 CFM/IAE) and fourth pack (A321 CFM/IAE) Monday.

Fifth pack (All aircrafts in one pack) thuesday if size not exceed 500 Mo.

Merry christmas

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

A318 is online on AVSIM library :

AVSIM Link to download: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... or=&CatID=
If link doesn't work, do a search with ID number:197777
Pack size : 229 Mo

I am uploading A319 now.

Merry Christmas

Last edited by fdd_fr on 25 Dec 2016, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

And now, A319 (CFM et IAE) :

AVSIM link: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... or=&CatID=
download ID number : 197780
Pack size : 485 Mo

I am uploading A320 .....

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Thank you Francois...Happy Christmas and New year to you...
Best Wishes
ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Merry Christmas Zaflyer.

Next :Airbus A320 (CFM & IAE)

AVSIM download Link : http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... or=&CatID=
Download ID number : 197781
File size : 484 Mo

A321 will be online tomorrow.

kremin

Post by kremin »

fdd_fr wrote:Hello Rick,

I am sorry that installer doesn't work on your system. I don't know why.....

I need more feedback of other users....without feedback I cannot understand where is the problem....

And I cannot completed packages until installer not work ;(

Merry christmas
OK Francois - and thanks for going ahead with uploading the packages. That is how I found a way to make the installer run properly on my system.
Even though the installer detects my FSX location correctly something is not right, but when I used the buttons on the installer to re-select my FSX folder the installer ran properly. So now I am happy :)

Merci beaucoup!

regards
Rick

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Just quick report Francois..
A 319 installer worked a treat. No problems. did a flight, ENBR-EFHK. All was well.Good advice to make sure there's olt one AIRAC file in the Scenery folder. I had 4! :-( Now for the A320....
Thanks
ZA

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Francois
A 320 worked fine too Francois. Didn't get the 'call-out' though on T/O. I'll try it again. Nothing major though.
Best Wishes
ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Takeoff callouts requires only that flaps are 1+F of more.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Now A321 FD-FMC CFM & IAE (panel 1.55) is online on AVSIM

AVSIM download link : http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... or=&CatID=
Download ID number : 197801
file size : 390 Mo

All family is completed.

Edit : A321 pack has a small missing : There is a missing file in the Texture Lufthansa (DLH) : "Texture.cfg". Take this file in other texture folder and copy in Lufthansa texture folder, otherwise you will not have the VC texture.
And in Aircraft.cfg file, you must change atc_parking_codes to DLH (DHL currently)

Francois
Last edited by fdd_fr on 27 Dec 2016, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Great.
Thanks Francois...I'll give them a whirl tomorrow..:-)
Hard work appreciated.
ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok. Now, a little pause....but you can say your wishes for next project.......

- a small aircraft as Falcon, Bombardier
- BAE-146.....
- Project Airbus A380
- Posky 747
- Posky 777
- Tom ruth A330 / A340

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Francois...
Just one Q before you have your very well earned 'rest.' The VC on the aircraft appear a little blurred, more so than other aircraft I'm using. I seem to recall that there was a 'fix' or update for this..or am imagining it? :)
Thanks
ZA

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

VC textures in the pack are in HD, created by CokiBH.

Sample pictures :

If you haven't this look, check:
- in "Texture" folder if you have the right files (Each VC texture do 10 Mo).
- in your texture.xxxxx folder, if you have some old VC textures, they will be used in priority, so delete them; So the sim will use the main textures that are in the "Texture" folder
VC tectures are :
Day texture:
- Airbus_A321_1_C.dds
- Airbus_A321_2_C.dds
- Airbus_A321_3_C.dds
- Airbus_A321_4_C.dds

Night texture :
- Airbus_A321_1_night_C.dds
- Airbus_A321_2_night_C.dds
- Airbus_A321_3_night_C.dds
- Airbus_A321_4_night_C.dds

These textures must be in the "Texture" folder. delete all that are in the "texture.xxxxx" folder (liveries).

Check if you have activated "Virtual Cockpit 3D High Resolution" in your FSX setting.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Just one Q before you have your very well earned 'rest.' The VC on the aircraft appear a little blurred, more so than other aircraft I'm using. I seem to recall that there was a 'fix' or update for this..or am imagining it? :)
Thanks
ZA
Textures are HD 4096x4096

I recommend to set TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 for HIGH or medium TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 in fsx.cfg file.

windows 7: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

fdd_fr wrote:ok. Now, a little pause....but you can say your wishes for next project.......

- BAE-146.....
- Project Airbus A380
- Posky 747
- Posky 777
- Tom ruth A330 / A340
Hi Francois can you do 777 with freeware 777 VC with working autopilot and efis panel because most of buttons does not work can you make it work???
If you do not know to make 777 buttons to work please do 737-800 I already do HD textures for 80% of main panel for default 737 default cockpit.

CokiBH

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

CokiBH wrote:
Thanks
ZA

I recommend to set TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 for HIGH or medium TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 in fsx.cfg file.

With the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 setting the VC textures look crisp and clear on my 4K monitor. Furthermore I have several sceneries which should not run more than 2048 to avoid OOM´s.
A Q to CokiBH: I wonder if it is benefitial to downsize the VC texture set to 2048 to avoid any OOM risk.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Posky 777 is a FS9 model I think , so VC must be included in the aircraft MDL. So I will try to see if I can activate missing AP switchs.

So other solution, I can use the 777 model without VC and add the FSX B737 VC where many things can be activated like the FSX A321 VC used in our A32x.

But in all case, Adapt panel to a Boeing requires more time, because many modes are different of AIRBUS., But more easy to begin with a 2-engines than a 4-engines.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Guys..
Thanks for the input. I checked the folders for old textures...none. So I went with the FSX .cfg option... I changed the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 (to 2048) Made a great deal of difference all round. didn't go with the higher one (as advised by Wulf) to avoid OOM's (I'm prone to OOM's) ;)
As usual great help.
Beat Wishes
ZA

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi could you also prepare a set of 2048x2048 textures? Thanks!

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Prosdocimo wrote:Hi could you also prepare a set of 2048x2048 textures? Thanks!
Textures are 4096x4096
If you want high res add in fsx.cfg TEXURES_MAX_LOAD=4096 for medium textures set 2048 and for low 1024
It depends on you what texture you want
For your question you need to set in fsx.cfg TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 and textures will be at your wish with medium settings

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

wulfbindewald wrote:
CokiBH wrote:
Thanks
ZA

With the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 setting the VC textures look crisp and clear on my 4K monitor. Furthermore I have several sceneries which should not run more than 2048 to avoid OOM´s.
A Q to CokiBH: I wonder if it is benefitial to downsize the VC texture set to 2048 to avoid any OOM risk.
You can just download program like photoshop(recommended) or some program that support .dds file and just resize textures to 2048x2048 but textures on 1024 are same as 4096 there is not fps drop on my pc but if you have scenery as you say and those scenery support hd like 2048 or 4096 there might be FPS drop.So I recommend to all people to check do their addons support HD textures to avoid FPS drop for those who fly with addons that do not support HD I recommend to set textures to 4096.

CokiBH

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

fdd_fr wrote:Posky 777 is a FS9 model I think , so VC must be included in the aircraft MDL. So I will try to see if I can activate missing AP switchs.

So other solution, I can use the 777 model without VC and add the FSX B737 VC where many things can be activated like the FSX A321 VC used in our A32x.

But in all case, Adapt panel to a Boeing requires more time, because many modes are different of AIRBUS., But more easy to begin with a 2-engines than a 4-engines.
Posky 777 is great VC but lack of some buttons in 3D VC but there are buttons in 2D panel because I do not fly 2D panel I do not like it.
If you want to use default FSX 737 VC and edit it you can also do 737-800 with 777 like a320 and a321 just need to edit aircraft performance and so on you know better.I already do Main panel 80% of HD textures for default 737-800 VC(similar to PMDG) textures look 100% better also in HD.

CokiBH

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Francois you can do small survey to see what people want to do next of airplanes.

I recommend you 777 and 737-800

CokiBH

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

CokiBH wrote:
Textures are 4096x4096
If you want high res add in fsx.cfg TEXURES_MAX_LOAD=4096 for medium textures set 2048 and for low 1024
For your question you need to set in fsx.cfg TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 and textures will be at your wish with medium settings
Thanks. I'm just wondering whether is there a more memory usage if textures are loaded at 4096 (+10Mb) but resized internally by texture_max_load line... or is it better resize them before?

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

fdd_fr wrote:ok. Now, a little pause....but you can say your wishes for next project.......

- BAE-146.....
- Project Airbus A380
- Posky 747
- Posky 777
- Tom ruth A330 / A340
I'd like A330. But default CRJ700 as well! Here its VC had been improved:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thread ... rk.436719/

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Prosdocimo wrote:
CokiBH wrote:
Textures are 4096x4096
Thanks. I'm just wondering whether is there a more memory usage if textures are loaded at 4096 (+10Mb) but resized internally by texture_max_load line... or is it better resize them before?
Yes it use more hard disk space because they are 4096.If you resize them with some program it will use less.But in fsx.cfg I think only difference between 4096 and 2048 is quality.I did not experienced FPS drop or more memory usage.But if you want you can resize textures to 2048 in photoshop or some other program so textures will use less space but I do not know how it will behave in game will it use less memory.

CokiBH

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Thanks
ZA
Blurry night textures only appear with this last version. Previous versions looked crisp. I might try what you guys are suggesting to fix the issue.

Francois, the A318 works very well. It's the only one that I've tested so far, although I already downloaded them all. :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

At home, on my computer, texture are very clear. No FPS drop, but sometimes memory crash with some addon scenery with high level graphics....

Blurred textures may comes of FSX.cfg (TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD must be to 4096) or FSX setting page (you must set to 4096) or a memory problem.

But textures arre not blurred

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:At home, on my computer, texture are very clear. No FPS drop, but sometimes memory crash with some addon scenery with high level graphics....

Blurred textures may comes of FSX.cfg (TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD must be to 4096) or FSX setting page (you must set to 4096) or a memory problem.

On the previous version of the FD-FMC, I had sharp VC HD textures even without TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD set to 4096.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, I think I had an issue with the A318. After landing and vacating the runway on my first test flight, look at the MCP: the HDG numbers are missing. Also, the V/S display is missing two zeroes, although when I took off all of them were present (as far as I remember); they disappeared during descent. I was initially descending in managed mode but then I used manual V/S and that's when the zeroes were gone.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

The320Pilot wrote:Francois, I think I had an issue with the A318. After landing and vacating the runway on my first test flight, look at the MCP: the HDG numbers are missing. Also, the V/S display is missing two zeroes, although when I took off all of them were present (as far as I remember); they disappeared during descent. I was initially descending in managed mode but then I used manual V/S and that's when the zeroes were gone.

Check if you have activated "Virtual Cockpit 3D High Resolution" in your FSX setting

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

CokiBH wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:Francois, I think I had an issue with the A318. After landing and vacating the runway on my first test flight, look at the MCP: the HDG numbers are missing. Also, the V/S display is missing two zeroes, although when I took off all of them were present (as far as I remember); they disappeared during descent. I was initially descending in managed mode but then I used manual V/S and that's when the zeroes were gone.

Check if you have activated "Virtual Cockpit 3D High Resolution" in your FSX setting
Sorry wrong quote hehehehe

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

The320Pilot wrote:
fdd_fr wrote:At home, on my computer, texture are very clear. No FPS drop, but sometimes memory crash with some addon scenery with high level graphics....

On the previous version of the FD-FMC, I had sharp VC HD textures even without TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD set to 4096.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

CokiBH wrote:
The320Pilot wrote:

I actually checked that midflight; it has always been activated.