Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:Hi Francois,

during a long haul flight (flightplan A to B, but no STAR, no approach) the descent acc. to TOD was initiated with a mouse right-click on the ALT knob. Is this changed from left-click now to right-click? New conventions?

Wulf
No.

Abnormal situation. I already had this problem 2 or 3 times.....

Sometimes, left click doesn't work to initiate descent....I searched why, but I havn't found today. Phenomenon is very rare....

I will check again the FCU code.

I changed the ECAM system messages, with now T.O INHIBIT function and tomorrow Land Inhibit function.

Now, left area, with FMC messages is permanently, and I wrote totally new code fir the right Area, with dynamics messages. I am uploading a video on youtube to show you.

When I will post the link, thank you for your feedback to tell me if you prefer this new system.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Here is the HD video with the new ECAM messages system :

https://youtu.be/GAsXd6sdepk

Also, test of the engine fire event, with estinguisher, and X-Feed activated......

Tell me if you prefer this ECAM version...

Francois
Last edited by fdd_fr on 14 May 2015, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Youtube video is blocked and declared as "private" ?
Pls. make it public.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I updated the link; Can you try ?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

link is ok now.

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Francois,

I have the mistake found, why my program not listed valid terminal waypoints.

Here an airport (EDDN) which is not part of "Freenav AIRAC" file.
All landings go through blue waypoints (Terminal, with owner waypoints). Looks good. Plan-G Screenshot.

Here an airport (EDDW) which is part of "Freenav AIRAC" file.

a jumble of magenta "U" Type enroute waypoints with blue terminal waypoints.
really not look well.

Have asked myself why should it not be possible, a "terminal waypoint with owners" to create. Others do it, too.

That is understandable : This is a instructions where to use "U" type, (not all places where one finds no waypoints.)
Manual Page 22
There are exceptions to procedures such as “teardrop" approaches and will always require creating a "U"
type waypoint due to the way FSX handles succession waypoints in a flight plan (see section on the
“Teardrop Procedure Turns”).
On the other hand, when you create “ghost” waypoints to create a high trajectory curve, or when you
create waypoints for initializing a DME-ARC, you can leave these "U" type waypoints because they do
not exist in reality.

Use the FD-FMC display to show your plane at the airport in question, or use PLAN-G to verify the
existence of waypoints.
As shown in the map of the FMS or PLAN-G, magenta waypoints are “En-Route” waypoints so do not
require that we specify the ICAO code of an airport. Blue waypoints are the terminal waypoints,
therefore require that one indicates the ICAO airport code on which they depend.
Many waypoints are missing from FSX (because of the FSX BDD of 2005) and there are also cases
where it is necessary to create additional waypoints (turns) through “User” waypoints, declared with the
letter "U" in the type, and by Latitude and Longitude.
I looked at EHAM Shiphol and it looks Ok , So there must be a way to create them correctly.

Manual Page 79 The solution
The goal: whenever a waypoint is missing in FSX, you'll declare the waypoint in your EXCEL file as if it
existed in FSX (so without using the 'U' type), and in parallel, you will write the data of this waypoint in an
XML file, using pre-formatted blocks. Each missing waypoint you add to the data block adds to the XML file.
So someone has created where do not belong there "U" waypoints.

Resume :

For terminal owner waypoints (blue)
  1. * Use "W" Type
    * set Airport ICAO to the owner.
    * set Regional Code.
    * let empty LATITUDE and LONGITUDE.
    * not forget to set this part in the .xml file.
That's it

PS

It's a pity! that I have just started using this airport (EDDW) to test.
Had I started with any other Airport, not noticed the wrong part.

Thomas

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I really like the new ECAM!

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Remaining issue from panel 0,96: Speed is set to 0 after not quit FSX and returning to FSX .
Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thomas,

I am not sure to understand all what you say and think, because my english is very poor.

You cannot ADD blue waypoint (terminal waypoints) in the Freenav AIRAC or in any BGL file. You can add them only on the "En-route" (magenta color) format, because in the FSX structure, terminal waypoints are included in the airport AFACD file.

If you want that your waypoints are "terminals" (blue color), you must edit the airport AFCAD with Aeroport Design Editor, and add your waypoint inside and compile your edited AFCAD in BGL format, and distribute the AFCAD with you airports files.

This is the reason why terminals waypoints have in their names the Airport ICAO code, because they are include in the airport AFCAD file.

We can add in the Freenav AIRAC, only "En-Route" waypoints (magenta colors), VOR, VOR-DME, DME and NDB.

A user waypoint (type "U") is not in the AIRAC file. It is a waypoint define only by Latitude/longitude. This type of waypoint is declared only in the Airport .CSV file and it has no symbol on the ND map of the aircraft.
You can add them to PLAN-G, by a right click and the function "add user waypoint", with a specific symbol.

To summurize :

You can add "En-route" waypoint to the FSX database by in innclude them in the Freenav AIRAC file (when you create airport files, you use a temporary file called "EDDN.xml" file for exemple, that you compile to a temporary EDDN.BGL to test your airport.
When Airport is completed, you send me all your files, and I add to the Freenav AIRAC, all waypoint included in your "EDDN.xml" file and I compile the new AIRAC.
When you install the new AIRAC, you can delete your temporary "EDDN.BGL" file.

In the Excel data sheet, navaids requires the following declaration :

Waypoint "En-Route" VOR and NDB:
- Type : W for waypoint, V for VOR, N for NDB
- ICAO region code (2 chars)
- let empty ICAO Airport cell)
- ICAO Name (3 to 5 Chars for waypoints, 2 or 3 chars for NDB, 3 chars for VOR)

Waypoint "terminal" :
- Type : W
- ICAO Airport name (4 Chars)
- ICAO Name (3 to 5 Chars)

NOTE : Some NDB, requires the ICAO airport code (this is often the case whhen it is a NDB that is an OM - Outer Mark, in final approach)

User Waypoints :
- Type : U
- let empty ICAO region code
- let empty ICAO airport code
- Name of your choice until 5 chers max
- Latitude in decimal degrees
- Longitude in decimal degrees

Runways threshold :
- type : R
- ICAO airport code (4 chars)
- Runway ident (always 5 chars ,composed by "RW" + runway number ; leading 0 are mandatory, exemple : RW07R

That's help you ?
Prosdocimo wrote:I really like the new ECAM!
Thanks Prosdocimo ! you want this ECAM system in the final version ?

wulfbindewald wrote:Remaining issue from panel 0,96: Speed is set to 0 after not quit FSX and returning to FSX .
Wulf
I know, but I didn't found yet why.......

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Do you want that I realize a tutorial video, to show how add waypoints in a flight plan with the FMC gauge, during a flight, and create your own SID or STAR or Approach, when airport is not in the database, only by use the FMC gauge ?
Last edited by fdd_fr on 15 May 2015, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:
wulfbindewald wrote:Remaining issue from panel 0,96: Speed is set to 0 after not quit FSX and returning to FSX .
Wulf
I know, but I didn't found yet why.......
may be the culprit will be found at later stage....this should not block the new panel release :) .

Wulf

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Do you want that I realize a tutorial video, to show haw add waypoints in the flight plan with the FMC gauge, during a flight, and create your own SID or STAR or Approach, when airport is not in the database, only by use the FMC gauge ?
Definetly yes and appreciated under the basis of the final released panel :D .

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok. I do that for this evening.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

to avoid the Speed lost bug if you press ESC, save always your flight.

But there is a restriction : A flight can be saved only if the FSX original flight plan created before begin the flight is "IFR" type. I must imporve the code to work in case of VFR flight plan.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

fdd_fr wrote:
Prosdocimo wrote:I really like the new ECAM!
Thanks Prosdocimo ! you want this ECAM system in the final version ?
I was thinking it would be in. Yes of course! I don't know the other thoughts here, but I guess it's a fine improvement in ECAM messages

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:Do you want that I realize a tutorial video, to show how add waypoints in a flight plan with the FMC gauge, during a flight, and create your own SID or STAR or Approach, when airport is not in the database, only by use the FMC gauge ?
Yes!

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

Hi Francois,

Please believe me, I know all that, all the details. It's all in your Manual. I need not read it again and again. ;)
fdd_fr wrote:Thomas,
In the Excel data sheet, navaids requires the following declaration :
Waypoint "En-Route" VOR and NDB:
- Type : W for waypoint, V for VOR, N for NDB
Waypoint "terminal" :
- Type : W
User Waypoints :
- Type : U
Runways threshold :
- type : R

That's help you ?

No

You cannot ADD blue waypoint (terminal waypoints) in the Freenav AIRAC or in any BGL file ?

Yes We Can
fdd_fr wrote: You cannot ADD blue waypoint (terminal waypoints) in the Freenav AIRAC or in any BGL file. You can add them only on the "En-route" (magenta color) format, because in the FSX structure, terminal waypoints are included in the airport AFACD file.

If you want that your waypoints are "terminals" (blue color), you must edit the airport AFCAD with Aeroport Design Editor, and add your waypoint inside and compile your edited AFCAD in BGL format, and distribute the AFCAD with you airports files.
Everything what follows, based on the example of Schiphol EHAM.(ToolskitFreenavDBGroupV401)
Only the .csv and EHAM.xml file has been modified and compiled.
Added to the EHAM.xml only 11 Lines.

Test environment : ANDIK 2R

Original : FreenavAIRAC_05022015.BGL
much magenta. Working here on EH020 (green arrow)

Testfile : EHAM.bgl ( compiled EHAM.xml)
Dive into the Blue.

But, as we can see above ignored FD-FMC here EH020 (green arrow) and skips the waypoint just.
So more must be done to get it work.

Solution :
Give the waypoint an owner , EHAM
File : SID_data.csv . Replace the part EH,,EH020

Code: Select all

06,ANDIK ..... 3,W,EH,,EH020,,,
with

Code: Select all

06,ANDIK ..... 3,W,EH,EHAM,EH020,,,
and we get ....

How it looks in FSX Flightplan
We can see a normal waypoint here. (Knotenpunkt = Waypoint)
No magenta 8-) nice blue.

And how it looks in G_Plan
Original : FreenavAIRAC_05022015.BGL

Testfile : EHAM.bgl ( compiled EHAM.xml)

Create a flightplan :

all works.
done with added to the EHAM.xml only 11 Lines and give the waypoint an owner , EHAM

Thomas

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Thomas,

This is very interesting ! How have you do to create this terminal waypoint ?

Color code is not really important, because this is a FSX rules only, no link with the real life. In real life, a waypoint is a waypoint.

But I am very intersting to know how you did this terminal waypoint ? In FSX, all terminals waypoints are always included in Airport AFCAD BGL....

Can you post here the XML declaration code ?

So, you project is mysterious....You build a tool program ?

Francois

For everybody, I prepared a video to show how to insert (or del) waypoints in a flight plan with the FMC gauge (to create your own STAR or approach for exemple). I am not a good teacher and I hope that it will help you to understand how the gauge works :

Links to HD video (look at in full screen) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K-NeLkFXCI

Think that you must never delete a waypoint of a Freenav SID, STAR or Approach and you cannot insert a waypoint inside a loaded SID, STAR or Approach, otherwise, FMC will not works properly.

When you load a Freenav procedure, you must keep all data of the procedure.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Francois, I had been scared as with the 0.96a version I had a lot of freezes of my notebook! FSX just stopped to respond. Luckly I shutted down and rebooted the notebook and now everything seems fine, I had Rome-Zurich without problems. I hope this issue never come up anymore

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Prosdocimo wrote:Francois, I had been scared as with the 0.96a version I had a lot of freezes of my notebook! FSX just stopped to respond. Luckly I shutted down and rebooted the notebook and now everything seems fine, I had Rome-Zurich without problems. I hope this issue never come up anymore
I've never had an issue with the 0.96 panel so far.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

one strange found after take off....
a) flight with flightplan + FMC incl. SID the change from NAV to GPS mode comes automatically after ACC ALT. ok.
b) flight with flightplan + FMC without SID no auto change from NAV to GPS. This must be done manually. Is this intended?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes Wulf, it is normal.

When no SID loaded, you have to toggle manually switch from NAV to GPS, because you can use, for exemple, an ILS with backcourse function to help you at take-off...or a VOR guidance, so, gauge must be in this case in NAV mode

When you load a SID, the automatically toggle of the NAV switch is only with some SID (depend of the author and of the Charts).

When you select a SID, you have this information in the lower of the window :

If value = 0, no automatic function, you have to press GPS switch when you want, after take-off.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:Yes Wulf, it is normal.
If value = 0, no automatic function, you have to press GPS switch when you want, after take-off.
Thanks, Francois. Now I got it, alternativly the LNAV >0 value can be preset in the takeoff menu from the FMC too to avoid manual switch .

FMC input: There are a couple of values to be repeatingly set in the FMC value, although they do not really change. I observed this in your video too,
e.g. cruising condition Mach=0,78 and so on.... a boring excercise. How can we (user) individually and manually preset the FMC to avoid repeating inputs for the FMC Airbus A/C? There are already fine presets in the menu, e.g. climb speed=250 kt is set, which could be manually changed if necessary.

May be a plan for the future as it is a question of comfort and it changes the FMC menu layout a bit.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I can preset Climb and cruise speed; It is possible. I will add this feature, ok. And i will reduce the MACH value to second decimal, because FSX MACH mode take not in consideration the third decimal.

You know that you can change these values at any time, even during flight. Same thing for N1 value; you can adjust value during climb.

I will try to post SLLP - LA PAZ El Alto tonight.

I need help, because it seems that the LatinVFR SLLP scenery delete the stock FSX Airport BGL file, so I can't restore my FSX with default FSX AFCAD.
So, if someone can send me by mail the following file : APX29370.BGL
It is located in the \FSX\Scenery\0304\ folder.

EDIT : Sorry, not necessary, I must have this file on my notebook !

Thanks

To Mosquito-X : Can you tell me how have you do to create a terminal waypoint in a BGL file ? Thanks !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

fdd_fr wrote:I can preset Climb and cruise speed; It is possible. I will add this feature, ok.

I don't know if it is a good idea, because, you have 2 choices to define these Speed.

If you click on the speed cell, you can enter your own value. If you click on the ECON button, FMC calculates speed according your Cost value choice.

I can preset speed, with the default cost value of the FMC (40).

But Climb IAS and Mach speed are also linked to the crossover altitude. If user change the crossover altitude, he must choose climb IAS and mach value according a crossover altitude/speed chart.
And in this case, I must add in the FMC code, the crossover altitude calculation. Many code to add......

What is the opinion of other users ?

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Personally, I've never had the needing to change cruise speed. What I would do is disable A/THR and reduce a little bit the thrust i.e. in turbolence to reduce cruise speed.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Why you don't pull the SPD knob, to toggle in selected speed (and you select the speed of your choice), and when turbulence ending, you push the SPD knob to retrieve the previous cruise speed. Not necessary to disconnet A/THR.

Think that you can use FCU selected mode when you want....

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Hi Francois,

the idea to fill all FMC inputs with a preset and "FDD"-default value came up when I started to understand & use the FDD_FMC some time ago.
Why not to prefill all FMC variables with a default value which might be a big help for "beginners"? For the enthusiasts and more "trained" sim guys there is always the possibilty to click another divergent and preferred option. This is definetly not a restriction of the existing FMC.
The use of SID, STAR & APPROACH might be difficult enough for the newies....

Examples take-off:
TO-Thrust: to be preset in TOGA
Flaps Config: preset to position 2
Thrust: ECON preset
Climb speed: Greendot preset

Examples for climb:
Thrust CLB: ECON preset
Flight Level: ECON preset
SPD CLB IAS:: ECON preset

Cruise...:
Flight Level: preset acc. to proposal
Speed: preset acc. to proposal (2nd Level remains option)

This proposal is an improvement and so may be deployed in the future and not to delay the current panel release.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I will think to your proposition.

Take off always in TOGA ! In the most case, you can derate of 20 or 30° the take off thrust. In TOGA, you must have overspeed after take-off, during SRS mode.

I just completed SLLP - La Paz El Alto. Here, TOGA is required to take off :D

So, 2 new Airports :

- SBGL - Galeao-Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl - Rio de Janeiro - Brasil; Please note that end of STAR requires to use frequently speed brakes. I don't know why, because there is no particular relief, but end of STAR and approaches have high path angle

- SLLP - La Paz El Alto - Bolivia : The highest Airport in the world !!!! (for jet Aircraft ) : 13 313 feet !!!!! Take off is long and requires max thrust and not full load aircraft !

This pack file is compatible with SLLP - La Paz El Alto Latin VFR Addon Scenery , but if you have this FS9 scenery, check that you have in your main FSX \Scenery\0304\Scenery folder, the default FSX file called APX29370.BGL. In my case, during the addon installation, this file has been deleted, without reason and this file is required for the airport data, because terminals waypoints are inside.

http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=32

New AIRAC file : 05172015

François

moskito-x

Post by moskito-x »

fdd_fr wrote:Hi Thomas,

.... how you did this terminal waypoint ?

Can you post here the XML declaration code ?
That's not possible.

Basis is a hack not a particularly complicated, but a hack. Not intended for the eyes of all readers.
Nothing special, just because here a little and there a little. It is always so one must first get it.
Please send me a private email. At this I send you the information.
fdd_fr wrote:So, you project is mysterious....You build a tool program ?
Yes, a gift. to you, for your work An appreciation for the hard work and make the life of creators of SID and Stars for FD-FMC easier.

Thomas

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thomas, you exiting my curiosity !!!!!!!!!

But I don't want break the surprise.....

I send you my mail by PM.

Regards

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Next in line from me: Eldorado Intl, Bogotá, Colombia (SKBO / BOG). High altitude airport: 8360 ft, 2550 metres. Largest airport in Colombia. Hub for Avianca, LAN Colombia and Copa Colombia.

STARs and instrument approaches are ready; I'm now coding the SIDs.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Great ! Thank you Carlos !

Today, I can say than the release version will be available at the end of the week.

Panel 0.96 seems to be ok. I found just two little bugs in the FCU code (IAS/Mach calibration when second flight level and another syntax error...).
it will have th new ECAM messages system.

May be final panel will have a Stats file (located in the FD_FMC directory), with :
- total number of flights
- Total distance of all flights
- Number of aircraft crashes :D
- Number of success landing
- total fuel burned , so you know how you are a polluter :geek:

Friday, you will have the definitive version of the panel. I will post on my website a provisory release pack version because english user manual is not ready, but when it will done, Aircraft will be on AVSIM library.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

François, could you please tell me what's the elevation for the default SKBO?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi carlos,

Default SKBO FSX airport has an elevation of 8360 feet.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

fdd_fr wrote:Hi carlos,

Default SKBO FSX airport has an elevation of 8360 feet.
Thanks!

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, I just wanted to ask you something: is it possible to have the a gauge's background visibility linked to the battery master switch position? Something like if the battery is on, you can see the background, but if the battery is off, then you can't.

Thank you for your answer.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I don't understand ! This must be already the case !

Same thing if Battery voltage is under 17 volts, gauges are disabled.

When you load you flight, you havn't the Cold & Dark Statut ?

It must be like pictures below :

This is not the case for you ?

Think that when you load a flight, you must wait 3 or 4 seconds before Cold and Dark Statut works.....Don't start your engines immediately after loaded aircraft, because there is a timer to let FSX finish to load all gauges.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

When FSX automatically switches from dawn to daylight then the panel even with panel-electric switched on the gauges are not clearly visible.
For me it helps to use a) the RECOG button in the overhead panel from the 2D Cockpit or b) to press the L key on the keyboard (full light on).
Does anyone know the FSX keyboard button for RECOG to avoid to switch between VC and 2d overhead panel?

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that there is no FSX default Keyboard command for this function, but if you have FSUIPC, you can assign a key to this event.

The FSX key event name is "TOGGLE_RECOGNITION_LIGHTS"

Wulf, have you the same problem than Carlos ? Is your aircraft is in cold & dark statut or not when you launch a flight ?

Francois

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, my A320 gauges are working correctly. I just want to edit a gauge of another aircraft and because you know about gauges, I just wanted to ask.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote: Wulf, have you the same problem than Carlos ? Is your aircraft is in cold & dark statut or not when you launch a flight ?
Francois
When I launch the A320 it is cold and dark and it looks similar to your two pics above.
Wulf

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Inspired from Francois here is an installation instruction of the RECOGnition lights
keyboard command....
The recognition light is important to moderatly illuminate the VC panels in the case of low brightness during daylight. It will work during the night, dusk and dawn too.

The implementation is similar to the installation of the XMLtools and ONLY tested in FSX / WIN 7 64bit.

1) Goto C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls

2) Important: Make a safety copy from the "Standard.xml" file in the case you want to go back

3) Open the "Standard.xml" file with the MS Editor

4) Include the following 4 blue marked lines after the general lights command "L".
Now it should look like this

<Entry>
<Key>L</Key>
<Down>ALL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE</Down>
</Entry>
<Entry>
<Key>CTRL+I</Key>
<Down>TOGGLE_RECOGNITION_LIGHTS</Down>
</Entry>

<Entry>
<Key>SHIFT+D</Key>
<Down>RELEASE_DROPPABLE_OBJECTS</Down>
</Entry>

Note: The keyboard command CTRL+I has been chosen as it is not occupied by FSX default.
I recommend to check the whole Standard.xml file at first that this is valid.
Otherwise choose another unoccupied command.

5) Save the "Standard.xml" file

Francois, please recheck the procedure and correct it if necessary.
Please feel free to use this for Your project.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Great idea Wulf ! You become a XML king !

I added the Airbus security which prohibit the possibility to down the gear, when aircraft is at more than 260 IAS.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I changed order of the ECAM FMC statut memos messages (lower left of the ECAM).

Now, engines start procedure is after push-back, because I remembered that during my last airplanes trips, crew started engines after push back (fuel economy i think....)

And I try to add the feature to limit Speed brakes extension to 50% during managed descent in "DES" mode (not in OP DES).

François

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote: Now, engines start procedure is after push-back, because I remembered that during my last airplanes trips, crew started engines after push back (fuel economy i think....)

I strongly hope, that pushback remains optional. I start most of the flight on the RWY-end to shorten the start sequence, not at the gate.

Wulf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

yes.

You have just to disable-enable parking brake

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I found that at idle, the aircraft starts moving after a while. I don't know if this happens also on a real airbus, or idle position shouldn't give any thrust to the airplane that should stay still by inertia.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote:
fdd_fr wrote: Now, engines start procedure is after push-back, because I remembered that during my last airplanes trips, crew started engines after push back (fuel economy i think....)

I strongly hope, that pushback remains optional. I start most of the flight on the RWY-end to shorten the start sequence, not at the gate.

Wulf
And there are airports with no pushback service (like Skiathos and Tivat) where you simply taxi out from the stand.
Prosdocimo wrote:I found that at idle, the aircraft starts moving after a while. I don't know if this happens also on a real airbus, or idle position shouldn't give any thrust to the airplane that should stay still by inertia.
I'm not a pilot of an A320 or any other aircraft for the matter, but if a jet/turbofan aircraft has a light to medium payload, it will usually creep by itself if the parking brakes are not set. That is what I've heard, or rather seen, on the Internet at different forums and such.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, A32x moves at idle when low weight. It is real.

50% Speed brakes feature during managed descent works now.