Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

wulfbindewald

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 22:18
Unless François changed something, the 1+F auto logic is in, with a bit of a bug in that the flaps will auto-retract to 1 when accelerating past 100 KIAS.
100 ? Flap auto retraction 1+F to 1 at 210 K on my end with A32x panel 2.0 beta E.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

SimonKelly wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 12:46
While that's true, the current aircraft doesn't simulate that, and 1 and 1+F use different detents, If and when it gets simulated, the textures as they are would work, but for the mean time, they don't.
FSX limitation : each flaps animations coresponding to a flap position, so it is not possible to get 4 lever position about 5 flaps configuration.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am so sorry for the delay about airport database update, but I am very very busy.

So, April update is online. Many airports updated and fixed with Mosquito'x 'S FMC airport manager software !

New airports :

FAJS - Johannesburg - South Africa by Georges
OLBA - Beirut Rafik Hariri intl airport - Lebanon by Krikor Abrahamyan
SCCF - Calama El Loa - Chile by Wulf Bindewald
SCDA - Iquique Diego Aracena - Chile by Wulf Bindewald
SCFA - Antofagasta - Chile By Wulf Bindewald
SCIE - Concepcion - Chile by Wulf Bindewald
SCSE - La Serena - Chile B Wulf Bindewald

Airports updated (fixed with FMC airport manager):

Martien Van Rooten updates :

EDDC
EDDE
EDDV
EDLV
EFRO
EGGD
EGGW
EGKK
EGSS
EHBK
EHEH
EHGG
EHRD
EKBI
ENBO
ENCN
ESGG
ESMS
GCFV
GCLA
GCLP
GCTS
GCXO
LATI
LBSF
LCLK
LCPH
LDDU
LDPL
LDRI
LEAL
LEIB
LEMG
LEMH
LEPA
LGIR
LGKF
LGRP
LIBP
LOWK
LOWW
LPFR
LPPS
LQSA
LRBS
LRCL
LRIA
LRTR
LTAF
LTBH
LTBJ
LTBS
LTCG
LTFJ
LWSK
LYBE
LZIB
UASK
UATE
UAUU
UKBB
UKOO
ULLI
UMKK
UMMS
URRR
USSS
UTAA
UWKD
UWUU

Wulf Bindewald's update :
SAWC

New AIRAC files 04072018

All is here : http://freenavdbgroup.com/

SimonKelly

Post by SimonKelly »

Flying it now (downloaded within the last few weeks) and it definitely sits in different detents for 1 and 1+F, but could just be a bug on my system.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 08:40
100 ? Flap auto retraction 1+F to 1 at 210 K on my end with A32x panel 2.0 beta E.
This is what the flap related section in my A32x_System.xml (modded release Nov. 19th) looks like:

Code: Select all

(A:ENG HYDRAULIC PRESSURE:1,psi) 1450 > (A:ENG HYDRAULIC PRESSURE:2,psi) 1450 > or (A:ENG HYDRAULIC PRESSURE:3,psi) 1450 > or if{
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 0 == (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 0 != and if{ 0 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 0 (>L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) }
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 1 == (L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) 1 < and
if{ (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 100 > (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 1 != and if{ 1 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) }
(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 100 < (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 2 != and if{ 2 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) } }
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 1 == (L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) 1 > and
if{ (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 210 > (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 1 != and if{ 1 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) }
(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 210 < (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 2 != and if{ 2 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) } }
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 2 == (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 3 != and if{ 3 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 3 (>L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) }
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 3 == (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 4 != and if{ 4 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 4 (>L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) }
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 4 == (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 5 != and if{ 5 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 5 (>L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) } }
The model's flap lever animation is driven by "(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum)", which has four positions (0, 1, 2, 3, Full).

"(>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number)" writes to the default flap handle variable, which uses the flap positions defined in the aircraft.cfg, which in turn correspond to 0 (0), 1 (1), 1+F (2), 2 (3), 3 (4) and full (5).

"(L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum)" is used to determine the previous flap handle position and might be the prime source of the buggy behaviour in my release.

Unless François modified the code block, the auto logic will have to be reworked, but the mixed ruleset for 1+F (100 KIASs or 210 KIAS and whatnot) makes this a bit complicated.

SimonKelly

Post by SimonKelly »

fdd_fr wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 11:46
SimonKelly wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 12:46
While that's true, the current aircraft doesn't simulate that, and 1 and 1+F use different detents, If and when it gets simulated, the textures as they are would work, but for the mean time, they don't.
FSX limitation : each flaps animations coresponding to a flap position, so it is not possible to get 4 lever position about 5 flaps configuration.
Not a complaint at all, it's a beautiful project you've done, and I almost exclusively fly it. I do still have Coki's textures modified to reflect the limitation, and I can send them on if you want. I know it's not much, but it's nice to be able to check visually where you have the flaps set (for me at least!) :)

On an unrelated note, I've installed the project FMC on P3DV4 and all seems to be working well but the SIDS and STARS don't seem to be able to use all the waypoints. They show up on the FMC, but when added, it might only add one or two of the waypoints. Any help from anyone would be appreciated!

P.S. I'm almost done I swear!
I've added a lot of the old PA textures to the PFMC model, gives a bit more variety. any reason why the PFMC textures were more limited or was it a time constraint issue, or an issue getting in contact with the repaint creators? If it's a time constraint, I can also send on the aircraft .cfgs and texture folders so they can be included in any new releases, and if not, I'll just say thank you for the incredible work that's gone into this aircraft! :D

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

It's pretty easy to add repaints and they can double or triple the rar size so I think it's a good choice not to include too many.

As for P3Dv4, I use that and you will need the 64 bit sound gauge from Doug Dawsons site. Also 1 or 2 other 64 bit dlls which have been explained on previous pages. Everything works perfect with the exception of the dynamic lights lighting up the cockpit, it's a model problem and I am not sure if it can be fixed but it would be great if someone could put up an invisible wall just behind the cockpit so the lights don't shine in.

I have found using the landing light up/down controls can help tone down the brightness.

SimonKelly

Post by SimonKelly »

Flyer10 wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 09:29

As for P3Dv4, I use that and you will need the 64 bit sound gauge from Doug Dawsons site. Also 1 or 2 other 64 bit dlls which have been explained on previous pages. Everything works perfect with the exception of the dynamic lights lighting up the cockpit, it's a model problem and I am not sure if it can be fixed but it would be great if someone could put up an invisible wall just behind the cockpit so the lights don't shine in.
I have the XMLTools64.dll installed and declared, and the FMC lists all the SIDS and STARS waypoints, it's just that when I actually click add, some or all of the waypoints aren't actually added to the flightplan.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

SimonKelly wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 13:35
Flyer10 wrote:

I have the XMLTools64.dll installed and declared, and the FMC lists all the SIDS and STARS waypoints, it's just that when I actually click add, some or all of the waypoints aren't actually added to the flightplan.
I gues this prob has nothing to do with P3DV4.
Please confirm, if you are using the freenavdbgroup special defined airports:
- All STARs and SIDs from those airports are collected in the FD_FMC folder in the sim root folder.
- The associated waypoints are listed in 2 files XFMC_04072018.BGL* (special unnamed terminal WP) and FreenavAIRAC_04072018.BGL* (missing waypoints vs. default sim) which should be included in the sim/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.

*) current file name, actualized monthly.

It would be helpful to know your selected airport ICAO e.g. for arrival to reproduce any propable missing input in the database.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

It's not V4 specific, I don't use the sids and stars as my ATC provides that but I can still select them if I am at an airport that has them.

SimonKelly

Post by SimonKelly »

wulfbindewald wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 14:48
SimonKelly wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 13:35
Flyer10 wrote:

I gues this prob has nothing to do with P3DV4.
Please confirm, if you are using the freenavdbgroup special defined airports:
- All STARs and SIDs from those airports are collected in the FD_FMC folder in the sim root folder.
- The associated waypoints are listed in 2 files XFMC_04072018.BGL* (special unnamed terminal WP) and FreenavAIRAC_04072018.BGL* (missing waypoints vs. default sim) which should be included in the sim/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.

*) current file name, actualized monthly.

It would be helpful to know your selected airport ICAO e.g. for arrival to reproduce any propable missing input in the database.
I'm using the most up to date AIRAC, so have the newest XFMC and AIRAC files.
So far I've tested SIDS in EIDW, and STARS in EINN and LFPG.

Just to be clear, it does list them on the FMC, it shows all the relevant waypoints, but when I click add SID in the FMC, it may only add two or three.

As an example, in EIDW the SID for RWY 34 departing South-East, PESIT 5G, lists DUB, DWN26, GAR, BAL, NEPOD, PESIT as the waypoints, but clicking add only brings DUB, GAR, and BAL into the flight plan.

for STARS;

The LUKIP.6W MOPAR STAR for LFPG for Runway 26 R/L - 27 R/L from the North-West lists LUKIP, KOLIV, MOPAR as the waypoints but clicking add doesn't add anything to the flight-plan.
Meanwhile also in LFPG, the PIBAT.6W OKIPA STAR for 08 R/L - 09 R/L from the South-East lists PIBAT, AVLON, TRO, URELO, OKIPA but clicking add only brings AVLON and TRO into the flight-plan.

It definitely looks like P3D not being able to read the waypoint file for waypoints not included in the default sim (as all those mentioned which do add are in the default sim), but I have no idea how exactly to try and solve this. Thank you for trying to help, I really appreciate it!
Last edited by SimonKelly on 18 Apr 2018, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

I checked EIDW/ SID and LFPG/ STAR:
I could reproduce all missing waypoints, if I deactivate the files XFMC_04072018.BGL and FreenavAIRAC_04072018.BGL. All waypoints are recognized in the FMC, if both files are included again in the sim. Are you sure that both files are included in the right place?
Flyer10@ is there a general reading prob with those bgl files in P3DV4? Sorry, I´m using FSX.

SimonKelly

Post by SimonKelly »

wulfbindewald wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 17:49
I checked EIDW/ SID and LFPG/ STAR:
I could reproduce all missing waypoints, if I deactivate the files XFMC_04072018.BGL and FreenavAIRAC_04072018.BGL. All waypoints are recognized in the FMC, if both files are included again in the sim. Are you sure that both files are included in the right place?
Flyer10@ is there a general reading prob with those bgl files in P3DV4? Sorry, I´m using FSX.
Files are in Prepar3d\Addon Scenery\Scenery
It was working perfectly in FSX:SE for me, so it's definitely something to do with P3D.

*UPDATE*

Apparently, for P3DV4, you have to manually add the "Addon Scenery\scenery" folder through the "World>Scenery Library>Add Area" menu in the flight sim once a flight is loaded. If someone has previously mentioned this, I must have missed it, but if not I'll leave this here for anyone else looking.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Possible great news guys. LNM now allows SIDs and STARS to be saved in the FP. now this means we can fly into any airport and use the procedures if François wants to change things. All he would need to do is lets us copy the altitude and speed restrictions to each waypoint.

No more work would be needed adding airports to the database.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

It's not that easy. In order to know what waypoints in the flight plan belong to a SID or STAR, the FMC needs to have a database to match them against.
Unless the flight plan file explicitly states "SID begins/ends here" and "STAR begins/ends here". In that case, the FMC needs to check for those lines to load the waypoints in between as a SID or STAR.
And I don't think that LNM also writes speed data to the flightplan file, so that's another reason why you'll need a database.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

That's why I mentioned you type them in manually, it takes seconds to do for the SID if there's any and you can do the star and arrival while enroute.

It's also possible to ask navigraph for a free older database to use like the creator of LNM did and use that instead. Also possibly get access to the LNM sqlite database to use the AIRAC?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Getting an older copy of Navigraph data is up to Thomas as he produces the tool to convert it. Same for access to LNM's Navigraph database.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

hello guys,

I discovered that Flaps lever in VC doesn't work for me.

Bjoern, I didn't know that you have created new code for the lever animation about the 4 positions. So, now I am totally lost with this permanently changes and as I can currently work only 2 or 3 hours by week on panel, I take more time to understand what has changed.....

So I need some information now :

To all guys here :
- Do you have VC flaps lever working ?

So, Bjoern, what is the 100 KIAS rule ? I found no information about .....

And by reading again the Airus manual, I think that I did an error since the beginning of the project about flaps, because now, I undertand that the position "1" (slats only) cannot be selected by the pilot.

Currently, during take off, if you select "1" slats go to "1+F" => It is correct
but during descent, you can currently select "1" when aircraft is clean; I think that is no correct. Lever "1" position during descent must select "1+F".

Slats only (position 1) can be selected only by SFCC (Flight computer) by flaps retractation when passing 210 KIAS. This is the reason why the lever has 4 flaps positions.

So, I will modify the SFCC gauge with this logic and add the Bjoern code to the VC lever animation.

So specific code was not necessary about animation because lever position "1" is the same position for "1" and "1+F" flaps position....

But what about the 100 KIAS rule ? I have no idea of the function......

-

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Bjoern,

Your VC's falps lever seems to have only one mouse area (not + and - ) or there is something that I don't understand....

Or maybe you use (L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) var to know in which direction lever can move ?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok. I am stupid ! Right click to decrease...

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Selecting F1 on the ground is 1+F
selecting F1 in the air is just slats1 with no flaps except when retracting after takoff. I believe we currently go from 0 to 1+F which is wrong. Its only from 2 to 1+F in the air.
--

"In addition to the slats, the flaps will move to 1 when…
Anytime on the ground.
If we’re planning a departure, we want our flaps out, not just the slats. Airbus logic knows this and the flaps will extend too.
Anytime we’re retracting from flaps "greater than" 1, the flaps will stay at 1 until we move them to "O" position.

Sequentially this makes sense when retracting. We wouldn’t want them to go from flaps 2 to up, losing our lift, until we're ready

When won't we get flaps 1 when we select the 1 position?
When airborne and we go from a clean wing to flaps 1 selection we only get the slats. Flaps will not come out until we select flaps 2 position.

When flying this plane everyone knows that Flaps 1 on arrival doesn’t really do a whole lot for slowing their plane. Do they know why? I'm not sure how many remember that we don't even have flaps when we select 1.

So what would be a really good beer question?
In flight when you select flaps one, how many flaps come out? Answer…. ZERO.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The "100 KIAS and flap 1+F" rule is explained here: https://www.pprune.org/tech-log/567658- ... ation.html
It's apparently only used or relevant for landings with a "reverser unlocked" failure.

Maybe if I monitor longitudinal acceleration as a condition for implementing the 100 KIAS rule, I can lock out any accidential retraction during the takeoff roll.

In general, a custom flap lever setup is necessary to have the flap system quirks of the A32x work as intended.

Even the spoiler lever will need to be customized to account for flight and ground spoiler modes.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I would hope Francois leaves the spoiler alone if it means we can't use an axis on our controllers, I would even rather have wrong default flaps than have to manually use the mouse for the flaps lever.

You could maybe just change the MFD to be correct?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Everything 3D related is my call, not his.

And no, the 3D lever is always involved.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi
Been away for a while, came back and discovered all of these new updates. Thanks for all the hard work put in to this project. I've downloaded the; A32x Family FD-FMC 2.0 and I'm a little confused as to how to install some of the folders in the PA 32X_Common Files folder. Some seem straight forward..Just stuck on the .gau and .ini files..where do they go please? Same goes for the 'Traffic Radar Folder' and the 'Config_32XFD-FMC.ini
Apologies if these are simple Q's...But, I need help with these
Thanks in advance.
ZA

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

A32x panel 2.0 beta E:
The "PA 32X_Common" folder is correctly filled as is. No file moves nec.

The TrafficRadar.dll must be enabled similar to the XMLTools in the dll.xml folder.
Here one section example, if the FSX root file is located in "E".

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Radar</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>E:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PA A32x_Common\TrafficRadar\TrafficRadar.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

The "Config_A32xFD-FMC.ini" file should be located in the (normally already existing) FD_FMC folder.

Please read Francois´installation description from 25. March and regard further updates described lateron.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I assume the traffic radar doesn't work in P3Dv4 so is there another dll we can use?

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Thanks for the reply Wulf..
This is helpful.I'll give it a whirl. I'll do as advised re: updates...

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Flyer10 wrote:
04 May 2018, 10:51
I assume the traffic radar doesn't work in P3Dv4 so is there another dll we can use?
Asked about it a long time ago; never heard back from the maintainer.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

I have past the last 15 days to try to do working the flaps lever in 2D gauge and VC and fixing the SFCC logic. I thought that I became crazy because when code worked in 2D, not worked in VC and Vice Versa. Maybe I am too older to code....

Nobody answered me about how worked flaps lever on your computer.... I don't now if you have issue between 2D and VC; I hope that I havn't worked for nothing...

So, for me, now that's work fine. I am doing the last test....and I will post the panel update.

New SFCC logic : position "1" (slats only) cannot be selected by the pilot. Only computer decides of this position after take off.

I fixed a bug with Vspeed callout in case ou you set flaps before enter a speed in the FMC/Autopilot

Maybe I can add a manual spoiler arm function by right/left click on the spoiler lever. Today, this function is automatic but not realistic. But There will be no animation on the lever to see if spoiler are in "armed" position or "disarmed" (only a ECAM message).

So, I have not yet a solution about the MCDU 2D night texture : always transparent ;( ;( ;(

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi François thank you for all your efforts. I think that most fo us could fly without acting on 2D panel. Several aircraft models on the web do not display it anymore nowadays.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Prosdocimo wrote:
07 May 2018, 08:09
Hi François thank you for all your efforts. I think that most fo us could fly without acting on 2D panel. Several aircraft models on the web do not display it anymore nowadays.
I second this argument for the panel 2.0+ development.

Francois, please advise us which VC model is compliant with your upcoming panel, "Airbus_A320_Int_Mod.mdl" from 04.06.2017 or 19.11.2017?

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Position 1 slats only can be selected by the pilot, Its slats and flaps 1 that cannot be selected except on the retraction schedule after takeoff.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:
07 May 2018, 08:29
Prosdocimo wrote:

Francois, please advise us which VC model is compliant with your upcoming panel, "Airbus_A320_Int_Mod.mdl" from 04.06.2017 or 19.11.2017?
Hello Wulf, ;)

VC file that I have on my computer and that I use for my work is dated November 12th 2017.

Is there a newer version of November 19th ?
Flyer10 wrote:
07 May 2018, 08:49
Position 1 slats only can be selected by the pilot, Its slats and flaps 1 that cannot be selected except on the retraction schedule after takeoff.
When I speak about position "1", this is lever position ;)

Lever Position 1 pilot = 1+F (Slats + Flaps)
Lever position 1 by SFCC after take off = 1+F (slats + flaps) below 210 knots, and 1 (slats only) when passing 210 knots.

We are on the same wave.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:
07 May 2018, 15:34
wulfbindewald wrote:
07 May 2018, 08:29
Prosdocimo wrote:

Hello Wulf, ;)

VC file that I have on my computer and that I use for my work is dated November 12th 2017.

Is there a newer version of November 19th ?
Just crosschecked and re-downloaded Bjoern´s last VC mdl file again, which is dated from 19.11.2017.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

I use the 04.06.2017. Weren't there some bugs in the 19.11.2017? I don't remember correctly

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The latest panel included the VC model from 04.06.2017, which I use too. There is a problem with the model from 19.11.2017 in conjunction with the updated A32x_system.xml, e.g. flap lever arm control with Saitek joystick, strange xml tools behaviour at least on my end. So my hope is that this could be solved in the upcoming panel release.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I just downloaded VC model 19.11.2017 and my new Flaps code doesn't work with this panel. Sometimes, Flaps lever doesn't move......

So, I keep model from 12.11.2017 that works fine for me.

I will upload panel update in 2 or 3 hours, with this VC model.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

How do you guys keep up with this?..So much work and info.
Thanks, it's appreciated.
ZA

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

fdd_fr wrote:
07 May 2018, 15:34

When I speak about position "1", this is lever position ;)

Lever Position 1 pilot = 1+F (Slats + Flaps)
Lever position 1 by SFCC after take off = 1+F (slats + flaps) below 210 knots, and 1 (slats only) when passing 210 knots.

We are on the same wave.
The SFCC is correct but the pilot cannot select 1+F from flaps up.
Flaps lever-flaps/slats position
Flaps 0 = flaps up
Flaps 1 = slats only
Flaps 2 = slats and Flaps 2.

The other way round is.

Flaps 2 = slats and flaps 2
Flaps 1 = slats and flaps 1
Flaps 0 = flaps up

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Are you sure ? For me, Slats only can be used only by SFCC from 1+F after take off.....

I will search in the FCOM, but for today, I have uploaded panel update with this current logic and all gauge working (2D , VC and Keyboard command).

Link : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/PA%20A32x_Common.zip

This update includes subfolders of "PA A32x_Common" folder that must be updated for all A32x family, and VC model file that work for me.

Requires previous v2.0 beta.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Yes, that is how the real world airbus flap logic works, you can do a a search for those terms and see how pilots say the plane doesn't slow down too much on slats until it gets to F2 and they need 1+F on retraction or too much lift would be lost at once.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

here is the FCOM pages about flaps controls.

http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/A320-Flight_Controls.pdf

My previous logic was the right logic ! except that during flight where 1+F cannot be selected.

Lever from 0 to 1 = Slats only "1"
lever from 1 to 2 = Slats and flaps in "2"
No 1+F when landing, except if you decrease flaps lever from 2 to 1, and below 210 kts.

Final logic for next weekend.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

So, if i understood well..

I select 1:
- If i am on ground, i get 1+F (F will be retracted automatically after 210kt airborne)
- If i am airborne, i get just slats.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

yes, except if you are airborne, and that you have selected "2" and you return lever to "1" and your speed is < 210 kts, you get 1+F (this is the casewhen you go-around).

Here I prepared a chart :

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Yes, that's correct Francois but that seemed different to what you posted before, one of us got confused somewhere!

Abdullah Radwan

Post by Abdullah Radwan »

Hello guys, Looks that aircraft has developed a lot, Great job!

I am asking about the direction, how to sort it? I have 3 modes to sort from north:
1- Sort by the next leg direction
2- Sort by its location from airport
3- Sort by its location from geographical north

Which one is correct? An example would be great.

Abdullah Radwan

Post by Abdullah Radwan »

OBBI is ready - just waiting for direction confirm.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

if you speak about SID/STAR files direction you must follow following rules.

SID :
think you are at the departure airport :
- Direction is the direction of the final leg of the SID (you go to......)

STAR :
think you are at the destination airport :
- Direction is the direction of the first STAR leg by thinking "I arrived by ....."

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello guys,

Here is a complete aircraft family pack updated :

http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/A32x%20F ... 202.0G.zip

I prefer post a complete pack to be sure that all files are updated correctly.

Beta 2.0G :
- SFCC gauge final update according scheme posted in #1713
- Fixed ECAM issue about dimmed lighting and checklist for IAE version (thanks wulf ! )
- Fixed all aircraft.cfg VC light declaration/position
- fixed VC lighting command switchs : now all works fines (VC /2D gauge)

if you don't want the special light behind the seat (turn on when you turn on panel light to illuminate pilots from exterior view by night) ), go in aircraft.cfg, [lights] section ; add "//" at the begining of the line :
light.X= 4 , xx , xx, xx , fx_vclighth // Night pilot cabin lighting by Francois dore