Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Last update December,6 2014

I create this new topic to avoid confusion between panel versions of my work on the PA aircraft, and also because this beta version is near of the release. All the main functions works now.

This thread is about my project to create a simplified FMC with an unrealistic interface (to help beginnners), but true functions.

I am creating this FMC on the PA A320 and when it will be completed, I will adapt to others PA aircraft.

You can find, on my website, a complete Pack of the Aircraft in beta version 0.77

Freenav DB Group Website

You will find on this website :
========================
- A beta version of the aircraft (0.77), because it use its own Aircraft.cfg, .AIR and Panel files. FD-FMC can'tt works properly with the standard PA 320. You must download this pack !
- the last panel update (v0.7q)
- FMC data actual database with 60 airports
- 2 VC night cockpit lights version ( blue and orange)

Please note that this aircraft needs dll files to works :
If your have FSX, you need
- XMLVars.dll v1.02 , created by Tom Aguilo. This DLL comes in the package, with the permission of Tom.
- LoggerX.dll , created by Rob Mc Elrath; you must download this DLL from the website of Rob : http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/blackbox/?logger.

or You can use XMLTools.dll v2.0, that you can find on the fsdeveloper.com ; This new version of the Tom Aguilo's Dll include LoggerX.dll, so in this case you have just to install this DLL (LoggerX.dll is not requierd)

If you use P3D, you need :
======================
- XMLTools3D.dll ,o f Tom Aguilo, that is a specific DLL for P3D
- LoggerX.dll

In all case, you need :
===================
To install the FreeNav AIRAC that you can download on the site

Read the install manual to install these 2 dll and the database.

What is FD-FMC ?

FD-FMC is a very simplified FMC, that manage takeoff, climb , descent and approach. It is not a realistic gauge like the VAS FMC, but It has a real VNAV (vertical navigation) function, according the AIRBUS real autopilot, with new custom A/THR control. The aircraft climbs with a constant thrust and a variable pitch. FD-FMC manage speed constraint according an altitude or a waypoint, or altitude constraint according a waypoint.
It calculate the TOD, and manage the descent, with altitude constraint and holding patterns.
The FreeNav DB Group database, under construction, gives the SID, STAR, and Approach data for the FMC. Today, the package comes with 60 airports.

Please, read the user manual

Thanks

François
Last edited by fdd_fr on 07 Dec 2014, 11:07, edited 13 times in total.

Airbus Fan

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hello,

Now here you'll post all updates?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

yes, because to avoid confusion between the FMC version and the "old" V3 version. Some people was lost.

So, from now, all about the FMC version will be here.

The airports updates stay on this thread : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2637

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Ok. Now i'll back to my problem again. My english isnt that good to explain it well. Sorry. But i'll try.

So, when I'm on final, on PFD appears 'LAND', then at 50 feet ( correct me if I'm wrong ) appears 'FLARE', then thrust should set to idle. But in my case, it's not cutting to idle. I have to press F1 to set it manualy. In IAE version it's working correctly.

I hope you'll understand what I mean.

Thanks. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, I have began to change the code, because in the real life, this is the pilot who cut the throttles and set the levers to idle position when he hears the callout "Retard". So now, you must set your throttles manually to idle at 20 or 30 ft.

But It thought that I have did the modification on the IAE version also. I will check.

This modification is to be the closest the reality

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

To avoid this problem i'll dissconnect A/THR on final. I know it's not very realistic. I'm always cutting thrust to idle at approximately 15-10FT, because in this case my landing is much smoother for me.

EDIT* Is it possible to import your panel (with VC ofcourse) to PA320 V2.1?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

A/THR is disconnected automatically at 40ft. You have just to set your throttles levers to 0.

I thought that the PA A320 that I use was the v2.1 base. Is it not the case ?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

No. This is PA320 V2 I think. But not V2.1.

I tried V2.1, there are some improvements, and a bit FPS drop. But not that much.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Where have you find this version 2.1 ?

I think that you can use the FMC panel with another PA320 version, but you must use the .air file of my package, because I have modified the thrust engine scalar tables, and the FMC calculate the N1 value according this new tables.

You must also use the [FLAPS.n] sections of the aircraft.cfg file. The better is to keep the whole aircraft.cfg file of my version, otherwise, flaps and SFCC will not work.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

You can find it in http://www.pafs.wf downloads section. Pa320 fs9 version.

I haven't tried it with your panel yet. And I don't know about Vc, because the model is 'NoVC version'. So, I don't know will it work with VC.

*EDIT: I don't want to hury you. Just wondering, how many things left to do to PA320 FMS? Because I can't wait to fly with A319, 321.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The end is near. But I have changed my computer, and I am installing FSX, and it is very long. I have 300Go of software to re-install.

I have some blurries problem, because I must tweak agin my FSX.CFG and I have forgotten my old settings.

But the end is near.

Francois

markm24

Post by markm24 »

can i adapt the FMS in the PA380, mr. Francios

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Markm24,

For the moment, you can't adapt the FMS to the A380, because, many things must be change in the A380 xml panel code. But, when I will finish the project, I will adapt the FMS to the A380. Be patient.

But I must before add to the FMS the NATS function (north atlantic Tracks) and I must find the right version of the A380, because it seems that there are mny version of the A380. I need the FSX friendly version with VC.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

About friendly a380 VC. I think friendly Vc is by Tom Ruth. PA380 vc isn't native FSX.

markm24

Post by markm24 »

fdd_fr wrote:Hi Markm24,

For the moment, you can't adapt the FMS to the A380, because, many things must be change in the A380 xml panel code. But, when I will finish the project, I will adapt the FMS to the A380. Be patient.

But I must before add to the FMS the NATS function (north atlantic Tracks) and I must find the right version of the A380, because it seems that there are mny version of the A380. I need the FSX friendly version with VC.

yeah your pretty right.... yesterday i tried to integrate FD_FMC in pa380 fsx... turns out it always crash fsx after selecting a380... my bad :)
Airbus Fan wrote:About friendly a380 VC. I think friendly Vc is by Tom Ruth. PA380 vc isn't native FSX.
yeah your right too. too bad that the vc didn't make it to fsx... i hope the a330/a340 makes it.. :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

The crash is logical. My FMS is not only a flight plan manager. It manage totally the aircraft dynamics (Vertical navigation) and it is an all in one with the autopilot, and the glass cockpit (PFD/MFD), so , I must write the code of this part for each aircraft, according its performances, for the VNAV. I must check so the .AIR file, because, in many case, the turbojet . air file doesn't simulate properly the real power engine thust, that is not linear.

The orginal PA VC for the A380 is a FS9 native and kill many FPS in FSX. But if I use the Tom Ruth version, I must ask him the authorization and rewrite many xml code. I think that the best way is to wait that the new VC of the PA A330/340 will be ready.

So I ask you to wait that the new PA VC will be completed. By the way, this solution let me the time to complete and debug my FMS and write some new airports in the database of SID/STAR/APPROACH.

About this database, wich airports would you want to have in priority ?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

It depends when PA team would release that VC and model. If it will be released soon, you can wait for it. But if not, of course, A380 would be nice to fly too.

So, this is just my opinion, it's your choise what to do.

About database, Helsinki Vantaa airport would be nice. :)

EDIT*: I have question about PLAN-G. How to import all waypoints from FMS( SIDs, STARs ) and waypoints from FSX flight planner? Cause I have only 2 waypoints ( 2 airports ). I'm using Plan-G v3.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Airbus Fan,

With pPlan G, you go in the "file" menu and press on the build navigation database . This open a window where you you have a button as "setting" or "parameter" where you indicate to the soft the path to your FSX.EXE and your Scenery.cfg ( generally "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX)

and you launch the process

See page 43 otf the user manual :> http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/plan-g/file ... Manual.pdf

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi

Some new of the project.

I'm trying to fix last bugs before to work on the lower ECAM and engine start procedure and bleeds which is to be modified.

Meanwhile, I completes the PFD: Indeed, I'm writing the xml code, which brings up a white frame on the FMA when a the pilot or the FMS toggle a mode, in accordance with true Airbus . This frame remains visible while 10 seconds , to catch the pilot's eyes when a autopilot mode change (vertical, horizontal, or A / THR) :

Today, I'm almost finished the third column, the horzontal modes

I should also correct some first generation airports to add the speed constraints management, associated with waypoints, for example in the case of a tight turn, after takeoff.

work in progress ....

Francois

GT

Post by GT »

I love your work fdd_Fr. Airbus look now it's much real. Good luck to end project!

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Looks nice. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks

Project is close to the end. VNAV is now Ok. Bleeds, fuel system , hydraulics and startup process will be corrected to be closest the reality in two weeks.

The only things that I can't code is the clim Pack, because the actual VC hasn't buttons and command that I can use.

I hope that the release for the A320 will be ok at the end of october.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

After A320, you will adapt FMS to other PA aircrafts? ( a318-19-21 ).

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Yes, I'll do

I have just to adapt the thrust and pitch parameters for managed climb and descent in the FMS xml files, and the engines thrust curves in .air file for takeoff.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I think there's a bug in speed constraint linked to waypoint. After I flew that waypoint, speed still was 205.. It stucks all the flight. Then I have to set my speed manually.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Can you tell if'q arrived with a existing SID (and in this case, which SID and which airport) or have you set manually this constraint ?

I need more information to check if there is a bug.

EFHK Helsinki Vanta is close to end.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I have this problem with ESSA, EVRA, LOWW. I didin‘t enter anything manualy.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Ok. Thanks.

I will check what's happen

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You are right Airbus Fan; There are few bug in the SID contraint managment code. I am working to correct that.

Update for next weekend , I hope....

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I think that I have found the bug; I process to the final test; Speed constraints will works right tomorrow.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Good news. Thank you. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

EVRA (Riga Intl) has some errors in some SIDs ( Waypoint M18IL doubled ). I will correct them

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Here is the updated version of the panel in version beta 0.65, CFm et IAE : Panel Beta 0.65 CFm et IAE with new sound for the cockpit

EDIT Octobeer the 26 :
Hi,

Panel 0.65 has a little error in the descent code that may appear during holding pattern.
I have fixed this bug and improved the flight path descent angle in SPEED mode during approach. I have prepared a small patch with the 2 xml files to replace in the \Panel\A320_FMS\ folder of each version (CFM et IAE).

You can download this patch here : Patch for panel 0.65

Sorry
Francois

What's new between 0.64 and 0.65
=======================================
- I have added the white frames (as real airbuses) on the FMA, when a mode change (appears while 10s)
- better cold & dark statut
- I have fixed the errors for the constraint speed linked to SID waypoints. Now, that 's work fine
- When the user deleted a SID and reload a SID, the runway created by the FMS for the first SID occured a bug when the second SID was downloaded or deleted : bug fixed
- better pitch change between SRS mode and OP CLB or CLB mode, and for the acceleration phase after 10000ft.
- New sounds for buttons and swicthes of the cockpit and a new sound alarm, if pitot is iced
- fixed the bug while the user toggle in reversion mode by press on the V/S Knob and want to return to managed mode (NAV/HDG flashed and NAV mode did not engaged : error fixed
- and fixed some minors bugs and errors

NOTA : This panel comes with a new "CALLOUT_FD" folder, updated with the new sounds for the cockpit. You must copy and replace this new "CALLOUT_FD" folder in the "Sound" FSX folder . This new folder is 100% compatible will all my previous versions of panels.

This updated panel is only for the A320 FD-FMC version (0.60 orlater) posted in the first post of this topic

Thanks for your feedback.

New airports in the Freenav Database (see the thread about it)

François
Last edited by fdd_fr on 26 Oct 2013, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thank you for this update. After a 2 hours flight, i'll do another one with these updates. :D

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have forgotten to tell you that I have let activated my debug gauge in the 2D cockpit. I f you want disable this gauge, edit the panel.cfg file and in the [WINDOW00] section, see the last line :

Gauge22=A320_FMS!Debug, 1,1,600,200

Add '//' at the beginning of the line to desactivate the gauge, like this :

//Gauge22=A320_FMS!Debug, 1,1,600,200

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Panel 0.65 has a little error in the descent code that may appear during holding pattern.

I have fixed this bug and improved the flight path descent angle in SPEED mode during approach. I have prepared a small patch with the 2 xml files to replace in the \Panel\A320_FMS\ folder of each version (CFM et IAE).

You can download this patch here : Patch for panel 0.65

Sorry

Francois

Zerq

Post by Zerq »

Do that for PA A380 and a lot more people will be happy as it is for a A320.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I think it would be better to wait for PA330. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

this is expected, but first I must finish this FMC.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

If it isn't secret, what could we expect for the next update?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi airbusfan

No secrets. Now i search the last bugs and errors. As I havn'nt any feedback , Imust do many tests to be sure that the actual code has no bugs. But i find some errors yet. So, it take many time to do all these tests.
So, I try to improve the VOR function and I write the code for the VOR approch and landing.
I will change also the actual checklist of the ECAM. In the next panel version, the classics information messages will come back and you will can click on the area message to access to the interactve checklist.
I would like to get more feedback

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hello,

Just now I realised that some switches sounds in VC arent working. For example: ND range, all lights on the Overhead panel. But in 2D cockpit, all works perfectly.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I know. I have no solution at this time. I think that the problem comes of fact that the movement of the ND range knob and light switchs are modeled in the MDL file.

I must find another solution to detect these movements that the mouse xml code. I will try with the "Key event" xml function.

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

Hello,

I would like to thank you for your FMC version of this excelent plane. I have 2 issues with the latest version of the panel. As you can see on the attached image there are these red words and the background from the insturments is black(this was also on the 2 previous panel updates). So could you please help me and find a solution on these problems?

Keep going on this fantastic work!

George

Last edited by georgegeo on 08 Nov 2013, 11:14, edited 2 times in total.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

georgegeo wrote:Hello,

I would like to thank you for your FMC version of this excelent plane. I have 2 issues with the latest version of the panel. As you can see on the attached image there are these red words and the background from the insturments is black(this was also on the 2 previous panel updates). So could you please help me and find a solution on these problems?

Keep going on this fantastic work!

George

[img]http://C:\Users\Geo\Desktop\2013-11-8_10-3-30-459.BMP[/img]
You have to upload it into the internet. I mean in imageshack or something like that. After this, copy link, and paste it.

You can search for tutorials in YouTube.

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

Done! thanks a lot!

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I'm not flying on the 2D panel, but I think these red words are normal. Francois did black instruments background, because it's more realistic. All a320 instruments background is black.

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

Airbus Fan wrote:I'm not flying on the 2D panel, but I think these red words are normal. Francois did black instruments background, because it's more realistic. All a320 instruments background is black.
Oh i didn't knew that about the black instruments background.. Thanks for your info

8-)

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

You're welcome. :)

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

Hello again :)

I was wondering if and how i can use this panel with all these features also on the pa319 & pa321..

Thanks!