Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

I completed to install and adpat new Bjoern's VC model. Amazing !

So, as now we have a very beautiful VC, I propose the following change :

- remove the MAST CAUT command ot open FMC window, as know it can be open by clicking in the FMC area (Virtual Cockpit). So I created a provisional mouse area in the 2D cockpit, on the number plaque to open FMC window in 2D panel. I will create an extra button
As Mast Caut is now available, maybe someone can give me information if Mast Caut is only a warning lamp, or if it is a button to validate alarms .....

- Now, we have 2 AP button. I think if my memory is good that on real Airbus, Autoland works only if the 2Autopilot are activated. So, I can change the code with following logical :

AP1 => engage autopilot. During landing, autoland not available
AP2 => engage autopilot. During landing, autoland not available
AP1+AP2 => During landing, autoland is available

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

I propose to remove the now double TERRAIN HD switch in the ND.
How do the STROBE light, NAV&LOGO and RWY light work in "auto" switch mode?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

I think pushing the MAST CAUT button shuts off the audio alarm and maybe stops the EICAS messages from blinking (if they blink at all).

François, do you think it's possible to make your FMC use the display and buttons of the one in the cockpit now?
For a start, it could at least display the flight plan pages.

As said on FSDev, the autopilot button functionality can be implemented.

Also, can you keep detailed change logs for the coming updates?
It'd make it easier to merge my changes with yours.

wulfbindewald wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 13:21
How do the STROBE light, NAV&LOGO and RWY light work in "auto" switch mode?
Didn't I already do that?

Strobes in "Auto" will turn on when the weight-on-wheels switch reads zero, i.e. when the aircraft has left the ground. Runway crossings will require manually setting the switch to "On" (as there's no way the aircraft knows the location of a runway, at least in FSX).

No idea about the other switches.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Hi! Good news here!
About the lights, i realized that landing lights switches also turn on a small light on the nose gear as well. I think that this light should be turned on by nose switch "t.o." position

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 15:18
wulfbindewald wrote:
Yes, the new TRRAIN HD switch is there next right to the ND. Now the clickspot for this within the ND is not more necessary.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

wulfbindewald wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 16:44
Bjoern wrote:
wulfbindewald wrote:
Yes, the new TRRAIN HD switch is there next right to the ND. Now the clickspot for this within the ND is not more necessary.
You are right, Wulf. I canceled the TAWS ND area.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Bjoern wrote:

François, do you think it's possible to make your FMC use the display and buttons of the one in the cockpit now?
For a start, it could at least display the flight plan pages.

I think that it is doable.

Let me a little time.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Is all this for the A320 only cockpit or for all planes?

You are right about the 2nd AP switch, it's for autoland only and it wont autoland with only one AP on.

The only other thing I can think of is getting rid of the GPS/Nav switch and tying it to the heading knob so --- means GPS and 165 etc means Nav.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Flyer10 wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 09:15
Is all this for the A320 only cockpit or for all planes?
Initially, it is only for the A320. But it should be implemented on the A318, A319 and A321 (is this true, Bjoern?).

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Haven't touched the A320 in a while. How different is the ENG EICAS page for the CFM and IAE versions?
I know that IAE uses EPR and CFM uses N1 as the primary power indication. But are there any other indications that differ?

Prosdocimo wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 16:32
Hi! Good news here!
About the lights, i realized that landing lights switches also turn on a small light on the nose gear as well. I think that this light should be turned on by nose switch "t.o." position
That behavior is hardcoded in the model. Nothing I can do about it.

fdd_fr wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 19:35
Let me a little time.
Sure, no problem.

The320Pilot wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 16:24
Initially, it is only for the A320. But it should be implemented on the A318, A319 and A321 (is this true, Bjoern?).
Yes.

Theoretically, and if one doesn't mind the fals positioning, the cockpit can already be used in the other aircraft. But I don't know how different any of the gauges (PFD, ND, EICAS) are that I've edited. My position is "A320 first, everything else second", but feel free to experiment.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Thanks, I wasn't going to use it and then have to go back to the normal cockpit. I don't mind about the positioning as I move the eyepoint to where it should be and they all look the same anyway.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The A318, A319 and A320 cockpits look quite similar. Only A321 has few alternative switches for the fuel management (found some comments googling).
Flyer10 wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 09:08
Thanks, I wasn't going to use it and then have to go back to the normal cockpit. I don't mind about the positioning as I move the eyepoint to where it should be and they all look the same anyway.
Moving the eypoint alone will not give you the right feeling in the VC. All VC models from the A318, A319, A321 should be located similar to the real x-position. Otherwise those VC´s won´t be in the right position vs. the jetway and ground vehicles (only managable with an outer view). It is a big difference to roll on ground with different aircraft length and different VC positions.

As I understand Bjoern he wants to finalize the A320 first anyway. Then the VC model move with A318, A319, A321 might come ;-)

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I have my own way of doing the eyepoint, apparently .90 zoom is the nearest to reality so I use that and then adjust the eyepoint so I see 50% ground and 50% sky and I can also see all and read all the instruments. I would rather be able to read the PFD and be too close in on the A321 than be in the correct place and not be able to see the displays.

When I do this the eyepoint is usually right in front of the headrest so I am not too far off although I usually move it a bit right so I can see all of the AP controls.

The A318 overhead panel is a bit different as it has a steep approach button but its not worth worrying about as it would be a dummy switch only, I just want great textures and for it to be like the real thing. Everything above is doing just that with the exception of the GPS NAV switch which should be removed.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

You can also try to edit the .mdl file with ModelConverterX. It has a function to move and rotate entire objects. But be aware that there's a bug that may or may not make the click spots on 3D elements unusable after that.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

can someone give me a link or if it is this file "A320 FDD Fork Update 10-06-17" can someone tell me where to copy files I do not want to mess something.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

CokiBH wrote:
28 Sep 2017, 10:48
can someone give me a link or if it is this file "A320 FDD Fork Update 10-06-17" can someone tell me where to copy files I do not want to mess something.
- Bjoern´s basic full dataset (incl. FDD panel 1.60) "A320 FDD Fork" is downloadable in the mail posted 05-06-2017,13:20. Here you will find an installation guidance.
- The above mentioned UPDATE 10-06-2017 (incremental update) has to be considered afterwards.
- Few additional issues and fixes have been posted and explained afterwards in this forum and must be considered too.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

wulfbindewald wrote:
28 Sep 2017, 11:15
CokiBH wrote:
28 Sep 2017, 10:48
- Bjoern´s basic full dataset (incl. FDD panel 1.60) "A320 FDD Fork" is downloadable in the mail posted 05-06-2017,13:20. Here you will find an installation guidance.
- The above mentioned UPDATE 10-06-2017 (incremental update) has to be considered afterwards.
- Few additional issues and fixes have been posted and explained afterwards in this forum and must be considered too.
Thanks wulf ;) ;) ;)
This bjoern VC is 100x better than old VC it is big update.
Thanks bjoern keep up!!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am working on gauge with Bjoern's VC.

I fixed some small bug
- AP that didn't activate in case if savegame : fixed
- Changed AP1 and AP2 logic => now autoland available only if AP1+AP2 are activated
- Coded XPED mode => Now working during climb (I have to finish descent)
during climb, if you activate XPED, aircraft climb at full climb thrust and greendot speed until crossover altitude.
- greendot symbol appears now when flaps are 2 or less

future code for the descent => XPED set descent speed to 340 KIAS (below crossover altitude and above 10000ft).

I don't find if there is somewhere an message to display on screen (PFD or MFD) in case of EXPEDITE mode.....

MAG message on ND deleted. At the same place, I will add runway ident when an approach is loaded (today ILS APP only - tomorrow ILS22R if an approach is loaded...)

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Thanks for the praise, guys.
I'm working on an airplane manager for another project, which will some day find its way into the A320. It allows controlling fuel, payload and doors without leaving the cockpit, saving/loading the aircraft state and can be used for other stuff.

These are the links to the forked model:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xi ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xi ... sp=sharing

fdd_fr wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 14:59
- Coded XPED mode => Now working during climb (I have to finish descent)
during climb, if you activate XPED, aircraft climb at full climb thrust and greendot speed until crossover altitude.
- greendot symbol appears now when flaps are 2 or less

future code for the descent => XPED set descent speed to 340 KIAS (below crossover altitude and above 10000ft).
So that's what the button is for. PPRuNe also says that it activates green dot speed and climb power when climbing.

The EXPED button illuminates when activated, so this should be enough of an indication.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Francois, can you let me know when you are going to start the beta or the A340 or A380. I believe both have problems with the flight model, the A340-600 seems very overpowered while the A380 seems very underpowered and lands about 15-20 knots too fast. I have adjusted the models to correct this.

The A340 200 and 300 should feel very under powered by I haven't started flying these yet. I don't think there's much point you putting in the hard work when the base models need to be corrected.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

A lot of good work going on here..Thanks from someone who's clueless when it comes to this technical stuff...But it's appreciated.
Great work.
Thanks
Raif..

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

About airport database, the next update will be October 1'th because I am not at home for the moment and I have a limited internet connection so I cannot upload data this next weekend. Sorry

I am in final test phase about XPED function. It seems that all works now and I think that I will can upload a final beta October 14th. I think that this version with the new Bjoern's VC will be named version 2.0 because many things have changed.

I changed a little the Bjoern's file organization to avoid to get duplicate folder with all future aircrafts version (A18, A319.....).

So , I placed the following files in the Gauges folder :
- A32x_Sounds.GAU with its .ini file
- A32x_Sounds.GAU with its .ini file

- A32x_Sounds folder has been placed in the FSX\Sound folder. FD_Callout folder will be not required and will can deleted.

About XPED function that I am testing currently, logic will be the following, to be closest of the real AIRBUS feature :

XPED function is to get aan altitude the quickly as possible. XPED function works only in SELECTED mode (not available in MANAGED mode).
XPED function works only the IAS area (below Crossover altitude).
XPED function is available after take off, only when aircraft has reached the Acceleration altitude (Take Off Phase 4 et next)

XPED function effect during climb (FCU must be in selected altitude mode) :
- Selected Speed becomes Greendot Speed (the best drag to lift ration)
- Climb thrust becomes the max MAN thust)
That's means that aircraft climb with a very high vertical speed rate.
if you reach target altitude, or crossover altitude or if you switch in managed mode, XPED function is disabled.

XPED function effect during descent (FCU must be in selected altitude mode) :
- XPED is available only when aircraft is below crossover altitude (IAS area)
- When XPED function is activated, the highest IAS speed according altitude is selected with a max of 340 IAS, to join the selected altitude the quick as possible.
XPED mode is disabled when aircraft passing FL100.

François

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Sorry Francois, but I'll revert that change in sound folder handling in every future fork version I'll do. I hate having this stuff in my main FSX directory (my add-on aircraft are stored externally). If it was possible, I wouldn't even put effects in there.

Reducing duplication, however, is a good idea. So what about a shared folder in the in SimObjects\Airplanes folder (or wherever people store their aircraft folders), containing sounds, gauges, documentation, maybe even FMS data and shared textures. It's perfectly doable.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Bjoern,

I think that panel sound folder will have not many changes in future. Create a shared folder in \SimObjects\Airplanes\ will requires to do some work, because for exemple, I store all my addon airacrft on another disk that FSX, so in this case, you have to change the path in panel.cfg file

I think that I am not alone to have FSX on another drive that windows, and aircrafts on a third drive.

Sound folder is heavy and if you place it on aircraft folder, you will have a sound folder per aircraft. In the case of A32x family, that 's means 7 time the same folder.

I know that hard drives are huge now, so if community is ok, we let panel sound folder in each aircraft folder :)

I come back home, so I prepare the airports database update today ;)

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

fdd_fr wrote:
08 Oct 2017, 10:56
I think that panel sound folder will have not many changes in future. Create a shared folder in \SimObjects\Airplanes\ will requires to do some work, because for exemple, I store all my addon airacrft on another disk that FSX, so in this case, you have to change the path in panel.cfg file
No, you won't.

If a gauge entry in panel.cfg entry contains a relative path like "gauge02=..\..\PA_FDD_A32x_Shared\gauges\FDD_A320!PFD, 1,1,200,200", it absolutely does not matter if the aircraft are stored on drive D:\, G:\, Z:\, while FSX is on drive F:\.
The most important thing is that PFD.xml can be found by leaving the local "panel" and aircraft main folder and accessing "PA_FDD_A32x_Shared\gauges\FDD_A320".

I've done this before and believe me, it works.
I think that I am not alone to have FSX on another drive that windows, and aircrafts on a third drive.
Desktop PC:
FSXSE - D:\Steamapps\... , aircraft - D:\FSX Aircraft\
Laptop:
FSXSE - C:\ drive, aircraft D:\ drive

I do not have to adapt any files in any way when transferring aircraft from my desktop PC to my laptop as long as the relative paths are properly set up.
Sound folder is heavy and if you place it on aircraft folder, you will have a sound folder per aircraft. In the case of A32x family, that 's means 7 time the same folder.

I know that hard drives are huge now, so if community is ok, we let panel sound folder in each aircraft folder :)
The availability of hard drive space is no excuse for inefficiency. One sound folder in a shared folder outside of "FSX\Sound". It's doable.

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Apolagize my ignorance, but i'm just curious about the benefit to have aircrafts folders in a different drive from FSX main folder. A quicker loading?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok Bjoern. I will do it

Prosdcimo, yes, that's was true with classic hard drive, but now, with SSD, the gain is not important. But when you works on an aircraft, and you must access permanently to its files it is more easy to have it at the root of a drive F:\Airplanes\..... than C:\Program\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\...... ;)

And when you works on a project during thousands hours, you don't put it on C: ;) . Too dangerous !

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

New Airports and AIRAC are online. http://freenavdbgroup.com/?p=1377

New Airports :

CYXY Whitehorse – Canada By Wulf Bindewald
EKBI Billud – Denmark by Martien Van Rooten
ESPC – Froson / Ostersund – Sweden by Philippe Bronier
HSOB – El Obeid – Sudan by Abdullah Radwan
HSSS – Karthoum – Sudan by Abdullah Radwan
LCLK – Lanarka – Cyprus by Martien Van Rooten
LCPH – Paphos – Cyprus by Partien Van Rooten
OEMA – Medinah – Saudia Arabia by Abdullah Radwan
OETF – Taif – Saudia Arabia by Abdullah Radwan
OKBK – Kuwait City – Kuwait by Abdullah Radwan
RPLL – Manila – Philippines by Francois Dore
SKBG – Bucaramanga – Colombia By Carlos Mario Diaz
TAPA – Saint Johns – Antigua by Wulf Bindewald
TLPL – Vieux Fort – Sainte Lucia by Wulf Bindewald

Updates:

EBCI 4.01 – Brussels Charleroi – Belgium by Philippe Bronier
LOWI 4.01 – Innsbruck – Austria by Carlos Mario Diaz
MHTG 4.02 – Toncontin/Tegucigalpa – Honduras by Carlos Mario Diaz (2 versions, stock airport and latin VFR scenery)
SKBO 4.06 – Bogota Eldorado – Colombia by Carlos Mario Diaz
TBPB 4.01 - Bridgetown – Barbados by Wulf Bindewald
VHHH 4.02 – Hong Kong Chep Lak Kok – China by Francois Dore

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

I can set up a suitable folder structure as a demonstration (only folders and .cfg files, no actual .mdl, .xml or .dds files) if you want.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello Bjoern,

ok, I created a folder called "A32x_Common", that must be placed in the same folder that Aircrafts.

This folder includes Sound gauge and its ini file, A32x XML gonfig gauge and its ini file and a subfolder with all specific sound. See picture below

Is it ok for everybody ?

Folder name can be changed if you have a better idea....

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

If this new folder construction is unavoidable :-( ... then I prefer for the common folder the name "PA A32x_Common". This ensures that this new folder will be next to the other PA A318/319/320/321 folder in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder and visualizes the whole PA group.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

I have a pretty bad bug and I am not even sure it is fixable. When doing a manual landing with trim up, the trim resets to zero at 100 feet when the FBW goes from normal to direct. This often results in a bad nose dive into the runway even with full back stick.

However, if I load the plane with more aft weight, the plane doesn't climb or descend properly. Is it possible for you to program the aircraft to keep the current trim at 100 feet instead of resetting it to zero?

Another thing, Flex always redlines the engines even at 65c. They go to 95% power and is it possible to lower the power for higher temps, maybe reducing the power to around 90%?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I know that FSX FBW is not correctly simulated (normal law) and produce this effect when landing.

But in direct law, FBW is disconnected, so trim must be manual. I will check.

About Flex and redlines, I prefer don't touch to AIR file now, because I may change all climb data and may required many code change in the climb gauge.

The only thing that I can do is to simulate a lower temperature for the ECAM gauge.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Wulf, ok for PA_A32x_Common

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The shared folder, including name, looks good to me.

RE: FBW. Not sure if I've included the FBW mod into the latest fork release (check A32X_System.xml), but the way it works (disable SEC1 when stick input >25% in any direction) is basically the only way to make the aircraft flyable by hand. Trim reset wasn't programmed in though.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Yes, the trim is manual but at 100 feet there isn't enough time to correct it. It can also happen on an autoland too. I know your hands are tied by the FBW so that's why I am hoping there's a simple way of keeping trim at 100 feet.

The climb is fine so I agree changing the ecam data, entering 66c still results in a redline and I imagine that would result in 80-85% power. It seems 95% no matter what data you enter.

Bjoern, I can manage to land it by hand on normal approcaches but there's no way to do an approach like Paro R15. Is it possible with your mod?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Disable ELAC1, SEC1 and FAC1.

Ok, I prepared a beta pack, that you can copy as a new aircraft to test, with Bjoern's VC and all gauges mods.

Link to download : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/PA%20A32 ... 202.0a.zip

I join one livery : Air ASIA to an easy identify in your aircraft list.

Pack includes 2 folders which must be placed in your "Airplanes" folder:
- "PA A32x_Common" : this folder incude Bjoern's gauges : A32x_Sounds.gau and A32x_XML_config.gau and their ini files. it includes also a subfolder with all cockpit sounds, new Bjoern callouts included. This folder will be common to all next aircrafts versions.
if you have installed the "fork" version, I think that it is better to delete the 2 entries in FSX.CFG file about these 2 gauges, to let FSX create the new entries
- "PA A320FD-FMC_CFM_2.0" that is the aircraft folder.

This version (and all next) use not "CALLOUT_FD" folder in your FSX "Sound" folder and CALLOUT_SOUND.DLL file (FSX Gauges folder).

What is New ?

Version : I think that we can call this version V2, because Bjoern VC provides a big update and improvement.

- EXPEDITE (XPED) button function coded and fully working :
XPED function is to get aan altitude the quickly as possible. XPED function works only in SELECTED mode (not available in MANAGED mode).
XPED function works only the IAS area (below Crossover altitude).
XPED function is available after take off, only when aircraft has reached the Acceleration altitude (Take Off Phase 4 et next)
XPED function effect during climb (FCU must be in selected altitude mode) :
- Selected Speed becomes Greendot Speed (the best drag to lift ration)
- Climb thrust becomes the max MAN thust)
That's means that aircraft climb with a very high vertical speed rate.
if you reach target altitude, or crossover altitude or if you switch in managed mode, XPED function is disabled.
XPED function effect during descent (FCU must be in selected altitude mode) :
- XPED is available only when aircraft is below crossover altitude (IAS area)
- When XPED function is activated, the highest IAS speed according altitude is selected with a max of 340 IAS, to join the selected altitude the quick as possible.
XPED mode is disabled when aircraft passing FL100.

- Autopilots function : you can engage AP1 or AP2, same function, but to use autoland, you must engage the two AP (AP1+AP2)

- panel 1.60 cannot save the new AP state when you saved a flight : bug fixed.

- Improved take-off and climb gauge by use macro to decrease file size.

- MAG reading removed on the center upper of the MFD (not present on AIRBUS)

- When a approach is loaded, ILS + runway identity is displayed in center upper of the MFD during descent and Approach. "RNAV APP" is displayed at the same place (previoulsy, only displayed when flaps 3 was extended).

- FMC window can be open by clicking on the FMC area. MAST CAUT mouse area removed.

You can keep your previous aircraft versions (1.60 or FORK) to test this pack.

It remains to write code for TCAS (Aircraft below you or above you displayed only...)

Thank you for comment.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Flyer10 wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 09:00
Bjoern, I can manage to land it by hand on normal approcaches but there's no way to do an approach like Paro R15. Is it possible with your mod?
No idea. Try it.

fdd_fr wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 14:21
It remains to write code for TCAS (Aircraft below you or above you displayed only...)
Above/below is already implemented into the modified MFD.

What needs to be done about the TCAS is adjusting target position scaling. As of now, targets are either displayed as being too close or too far away from the user aircraft (depending on MFD zoom setting) on the MFD (compared to their real distance).

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

ok Bjoern

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 15:16
fdd_fr wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 14:21
Above/below is already implemented into the modified MFD.

What needs to be done about the TCAS is adjusting target position scaling. As of now, targets are either displayed as being too close or too far away from the user aircraft (depending on MFD zoom setting) on the MFD (compared to their real distance).
TCAS: The new "PA A320 FDFMC beta 2.0a" pack does not include the TCAS related TrafficRadar.dll file, which must be specifically declared in the dll.xml file. May be I´ve overseen it. Installation advises , see "2. Installation" within previous Bjoern´s FORK download (Relevant for those who did not previously installed this file into the sim).

Rain sounds: I got a CTD if it rains in the sim ;-) outside.
The relevant sound file precip/c2prec1.wav resides on my system in the FSX/Sound folder. Please check. So the declaration in the "PA A32x_Common/A32x_Sounds" folder should be
Sound38=precip/c2prec1.wav,100 ===> Sound38=./Sound/precip/c2prec1.wav,100

Prosdocimo

Post by Prosdocimo »

Bjoern wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 22:05
The shared folder, including name, looks good to me.

RE: FBW. Not sure if I've included the FBW mod into the latest fork release (check A32X_System.xml), but the way it works (disable SEC1 when stick input >25% in any direction) is basically the only way to make the aircraft flyable by hand. Trim reset wasn't programmed in though.
Please could you check the 25% value? To me SEC1 disables itself as i touch the stick (i have Thrustmaster t.160000)

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

All external lights (Ldg lights, strobe, pos. light...) in "PA A320 FDFMC beta 2.0a" do not work.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

wulfbindewald wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 20:43
All external lights (Ldg lights, strobe, pos. light...) in "PA A320 FDFMC beta 2.0a" do not work.
To be more precise: The light switches on the OH do not work. The lights can be activated with the keyboard.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 16:17
Rain sounds: I got a CTD if it rains in the sim ;-) outside.
The relevant sound file precip/c2prec1.wav resides on my system in the FSX/Sound folder. Please check. So the declaration in the "PA A32x_Common/A32x_Sounds" folder should be
Sound38=precip/c2prec1.wav,100 ===> Sound38=./Sound/precip/c2prec1.wav,100
Or copy the .wav file from FSX\Sound to the local sound folder.
Prosdocimo wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 17:43
Please could you check the 25% value? To me SEC1 disables itself as i touch the stick (i have Thrustmaster t.160000)
You're right, the code says 10%, not 25. 25 made control too awkward.

Same stick, btw.

wulfbindewald wrote:
15 Oct 2017, 09:08
To be more precise: The light switches on the OH do not work. The lights can be activated with the keyboard.
The actual lights are controlled by A32x_System.xml. Which also contains the FBW mod. Is that file even included and in use?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
15 Oct 2017, 13:50
wulfbindewald wrote:
15 Oct 2017, 09:08
The actual lights are controlled by A32x_System.xml. Which also contains the FBW mod. Is that file even included and in use?
The A32x_System.xml file is not included in the A320_CFM folder - beta 2.0a, only in the FORK version. A Q to Francois.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
15 Oct 2017, 14:40
The A32x_System.xml file is not included in the A320_CFM folder - beta 2.0a, only in the FORK version. A Q to Francois.
Well, that explains it then.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Q to Bjoern: The rain wiped out area from the windshield is smaller than the moving wiper, pls see the pic; switch at medium position. Intended?
Rain-free area at switch max position is ~ok.
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/ima ... PAKT_2.jpg

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Yes, 110% intended.
There's no way to decrease the raindrop count for a given area, so to make the two wiper speeds distinguishable, the slower one simply won't wipe everything.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Francois, SKBO airspace had a major change and I need to code 124 SID. Will they fit in just one page?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Current panel SID max entries are...
- one-page SID data set: max 102 lines
- two-pages SID data set: max 101 lines + 1 page flip sign per page. In total: max 202 lines + 2 page flip signs.

Current panel STAR max entries are...
- one-page STAR data set: max 66 lines
- two-pages STAR data set: max 65 lines + 1 page flip sign per page. In total: max 130 lines + 2 page flip signs.

Have a look for existing airports with double SID pages e.g. at KIAH or KORD or KPHX