Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

fdd_fr

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi georgeo,

Today, you cannot use this panel with another aircraft, because all the data for the vertical navigation and engine thrust control are wrote for the A320 (with a specific .air file).

But when the FMC will be completed, that will be easy for me to adapt the FMC at all the PA 32x family. I will be done.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello everybody,

Update of the panel in new version 0.66 :

What's new from 0.65 to 0.66
============================
- Now, when landing, autobrake is automatically disable when the aircraft roll under 20 kts (Many thanks to bill Leamings from FSdeveloper for the solution)
- When you saved a flight in approach phase, ILS or LOC frequencies and runway ID were lost in the FMC when you reload the flight : bug fixed
- Better V/S in approach when you are in Speed mode for a no-ILS approach; now, the descent path is computed by the FMC to have 5,2% gradient.
- Now, FMC can use LOC for approach for dedicated runways (e.g : runway 08 LFPO); Approach name = LOC. You engage this type of approach as an ILS approach with ILS and APPR buttons.
- Specific displays on the FMA "LOC" approaches
- If a STAR was very long, the FMC could not activate the descent if the aircraft was not in the 200NM of the airport destination : fixed ;
- Informations comeback in the lower left of the main ECAM. If you want have the checklist, click on this lower left area to access.
- Popup ECAM readings were not properly refresh in some case : bug fixed

link to download : Panel 0.66 CFM & IAE

Don't forget that since the panel 0.65, I have added some new sound in the cockpit. If you havn't install the panel 0.65, you must update the "CALLOUT_FD" folder located in the FSX "Sound" folder.

You can download the new version of these sound here : Sounds update

Francois
Last edited by fdd_fr on 11 Nov 2013, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thank you. ;)

georgegeo

Post by georgegeo »

fdd_fr wrote:Hi georgeo,

Today, you cannot use this panel with another aircraft, because all the data for the vertical navigation and engine thrust control are wrote for the A320 (with a specific .air file).

But when the FMC will be completed, that will be easy for me to adapt the FMC at all the PA 32x family. I will be done.

Francois
Thats fine.. When you complete the FMC and you have time, please do it! :)

Also thanks for the 0.66 panel update!

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

This is the 1st time, after update, that I have that speed constraint bug again. After take off at LOWI on RWY 08, after the right turn speed should set to 250, but the speed has stuck at 215Kts... I flew with that speed till FL250.. But it didin't change anything.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

3 solutions :

- The weather data are false; Innsbruck is in altitude; So sometimes, FSX has a bug with the weather (can appears with Active Sky) and the ambiant temperature is too high according the altitude : in this case, the engines thrust cannot be real and the aircraft has not enough power to climb ; check the OAT value on the ECAM before each flight, and along the climb

- Maybe an error in the SID data ; Do you know the name of the SID ?

- This error can appears if the framerate is too low (under 15 fps). In this case, the phase change in the FMS can bug.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I‘m getting 55–70fps. I wil tell you the sid name later, I‘m not at home at the moment.

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Wonder if somebody can tell me what I'm doing wrong. It's my understanding that a FMS managed flight will take you all the way to the runway. I have been flying the sid/stars back and forth from KSLC and KLAS. Everytime I allow the FMS to manage the flight, I end up overspeed and high on the approach. Also, at what time do I engage ILS/APP or is the FMS supposed to handle that too?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

When you see the message "Deccelerate" flashing on the FMA, push the alt Button to engage the descent in THR IDLE mode (left click).

During the descent, you must check on the descent page of the FMS, the altitude of the waypoint. If you see that you are too high, there are in the most STAR one or several holding patterns. You know that the active waypoint has an holding pattern when his name finish by "*" on the upper left of the ND, or check the descent page, the holding pattern are indicated (in magenta color).
Holding pattern alow to lost altitude. To engage an holding pattern, press on the "CSTR" button when the next waypoint has an holding pattern.

The FMS manage automatically holding pattern when you have pressed the CSTR button. This allows to lost altitude. To quit an holding pattern, disable the CSTR button (you can disable it only when the aircraft is on the opposite leg, not during the first turn of the holding).

During the descent, you must check you altitude and speed permanently, according the waypoints constraints of the STAR (in the STAR page). USe Speed brakes if necessary.

You must load an approach, in the approach page of the FMS before the end of the STAR

And your aircraft must be to the right altitude when begin the approach.

You can arm the ILS when you want in the approach, but it is better to arm when you approach the FAF (the FAF is the approach waypoint which has an indication speed "Vapp" in the approach page).

To land in ILS mode, you must arm the ILS button, and the APPR button. Don't touch to the LOC button. LOC is for track a VOR.

I hope that my explanation are clear.

If you have some difficulties, I am here.

Good flight

Francois

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

No, that makes perfect sense. I had the right procedure for the most part, I should have thought to use hold to establish constraints, but I wasn't sure if the FMS was able to establish descent approach completely autonomously. Thanks!

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Hi,

That SID title is 08 ADILO 1J.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Thanks airbusfan; I check it.

I have changed some parameters in the acceleration transition at 10000ft; Maybe the problem is here. I will check so.

I come back to you in the afternoon.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

You are right Airbusfan. LOWI's SID had errors in some waypoints names (and the speed constraint were not cancelled in this case).

I have fixed the erros and post the new version, with also LPMA - Madeira.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Now about ADIRS. When I want to turn it on, nothing happens. I must press CTRL+E to enable it. Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

When you turn the ADIRS button, you must wait 30 seconds before ADIRS works ; This is the time to simulate the initialization of the inertial component like in the real life.

When you use CTRL+E, I have cancel this wiating time for a quick startup.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

When I turn on that little screen is completely black, is it normal?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I will check in 2 hours.

Check you battery level : It must be higher than 17 volts.

I come back to you in 2 hours

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Indeed, the button works to set the system ON only in the 2D panel, not in the VC. But it works to turn off in the VC.

There is a mystery ! Probably a bug in the interior mdl file. like the sound of the MFD selector Knobs. I will search a solution...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have found the solution for the ADIRS Knob. That's works now in the VC, with sound. So, I can now apply the same code for other knobs (Bleed knob and the 2 knobs of the ND which have no sound in the VC).

I have understand where was the problem.

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

I think I am almost to the point of writing sid/star data for KATL, but I may need some walkthrough initially. I think I need a program to read the right format? Any suggestions?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

hi Fliptod,

welcome on board.

To create SID, STAR and approach file, you need just

- EXCEL or equivalent software which manage the csv file format
- A simple text editor like Notepad, but Notepad ++ is better (freeware) Notepad++ home page
- And PLAN-G of Tim Arnot, a fantastic Freeware, which allow you to create user waypoint easily (but It can do many things ! ) ---> PLAN-G home page

and here, you can download a file kit, with the .XLS form for EXCEL and a user manual to create SID/STAR/APPROACH ---> SID STAR APPROACH files creation kit

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I have a question, why aircraft accelerating begins at 10400ft but not at 10000ft?

EDIT: I did a flight to LOWI, and I didin't have that DECELERATE problem. Maybe it's the STAR fault.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Airbus Fan wrote:I have a question, why aircraft accelerating begins at 10400ft but not at 10000ft?
This is to avoid a problem, when the SID intial Altittude is 10000feeet, or if the user set manually an altitude of 10000 feet. In this case, the FMC will become crazy and will change permanently the speed between 250 and 300 kts, because when the PA toggle in ALT mode, the precision of the maintened altitude is not accuracy. I had to choose a value that avoid this borderline.
I had to find a value that the user will have no chance to choose.

A FMC divide a flight in several stages.

I have divide Takeoff and initial climb in 5 stages
- Takeoff power set ( when you release brakes and set the throttles
- Initial takeoff power climb (SRS mode)
- Acceleration altitude completed ( and/or speed maintain unti if acceleration altitude is different of takeoff trhust altitude
- initial climb until 10400 feet : At this time , FMC Toggle in main climb phase

Main climb Phase is divide in 3 stages
- Acceleration phase (FMC decrease the pitch for that)
- when the climb speed is reached, FMC control climb with specific parameters to control pitch , until 20000 feet
- climb from 20000 feet to cruise altitude with other specific parameters to control pitch
- When the cruise altitude is reached, FMC toggle in Cruise mode ( form THR CLB to SPEED or MACH mode according altitude)

Descent is divide in 3 stages
- descent is engaged when the TOD is reached and the user push the ALT button
- Phase 1 : Decent specific parameter (pitch and speed control) until the aircraft reachs 13300 feet (again a no rounded number, to avoid malfunction)
- Phase 2 : Descent with specific parameter and speed decrease under between 13300 feet and the altitude of the last waypoint of the STAR

Approach can be engaged when the next stage of the descent is completed.

THis is the reason I can't use rounded numbers for each stage.

Airbus Fan wrote:EDIT: I did a flight to LOWI, and I didin't have that DECELERATE problem. Maybe it's the STAR fault.
I will check EIDW STAR this weekend, and I have an idea about a possible problem with the TOD that may occurs the decceleration reading problem.

Francois

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thank you for this explanation. And if it's possible to do and if you have a time for it, I'd like to request a ToD mark on the ND (small arrow).

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I would like to do that, but I can(t. I use the xml Macros of the GPS to draw the flight plan on the ND. So , I havn't find yet a solution to place my own picture on the ND, because the calculations are very complex.

I read the Guidebook of Rob Mac Elrath, to try a solution with the Geocalc functions of the GPS, but it is very difficult to code, according each scale of the ND,

The TOD is a distance and it is difficult to translate it in a LAt/Long position on the track. I search a solution.......but I am not a god in mathematics and geometry :(

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I reproduced the "Deccelerate" bug. The problem is not in the STAR file.

I created the problem by deleting the current STAR in flight and reload a new STAR. In this case, the "Deccelerate" flashing on the PFD.

I will correct the xml code in the TOD gauge and post an update to fix it and fix the VC switchs sounds.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Here is the update panel version 0.67.

Panel Beta 0.67 CFM & IAE

What's new with this panel :
=======================
- All the switchs and knob sounds work now in the VC ( execpt "STROBE" switch in VC).
- Fixed some errors linked to the TOD :
If you erased a STAR iin flight, "DECCELERATE" reading was showed when you reloaded a STAR: Bug fixed
The possibility to engage DES or OP DES modes was linked with the 200NM distance of the airport : Now, this distance is linked according the last waypoint of the STAR when a STAr is loaded.
- The calibration of the IAS speed in MACH mode, according altitude didn't work in selected mode or when the FMC was disable : bug fixed
- Now, the calibration of the IAS speed in MACH mode, work during climb and descent (didn't work in descent)
- many small bugs fixed.

There is also an update of the "Callout_FD" sound folder, to place in the "Sound" folder of your FSX :
"Callout_FD" updated

I posted the airport update in the FreeNav DB group thread:
FreeNav DB Group thread
Last edited by fdd_fr on 03 Dec 2013, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thank you. :)

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

A small video in HD from a Innsbruck Takeoff, with ADILO 1H SID and the use of the FMC and the coonstraint speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2jtYWL_es8&HD=1

Select in youtube setting 1080p HD

François

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Which camera addon are you using?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

EZDock camera.

swiss1578

Post by swiss1578 »

Hi François

Thanks a lot for your great work on that A32X panel.

I watched your video today and it looks great what you've done so far :-).

I was wondering if you consider doing a more advanced interface of your FMC later? It would be awesome if you could do a realistic Airbus FMC interface when this version is finished.

Dominik

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Dominik

Thanks for your interest

My initial goal was to create a simple interface that all simmers can use , because the interface of a real FMC is very difficult to understand and many people don't unsterstand how it works. It is an instrument of the mid-80s , and today I think it is anachronistic. It is as if even the MS -DOS was used on our computers !

On the other hand , the part that interested me was to create the true function of a FMC , which is a invisible part, ie controlling the behavior of the aircraft during climb and descent : the vertical navigation.

I know that many people attach more importance to the "look" of the things versus functions, but for me , the most important was to create a realistic function, that no freeware FMC offers (except JB panel I believe). Have a gauge that look like a true FMC , only to follow a flight plan is not very interesting to program and create the true look of the instrument is not complicated , but what I like is to find the algorithm that manages the climb and descent . That is my passion. I managed to create functions in XML that work as a PID controller ( proportional integral Derivative ) , and I am not a mathematician , and that I am proud.

It offers the real THR CLB, CLB, DES OP DES Airbus mode. I have coded all the selected and managed mode exept the FPA (Flight Path Angle) mode, because I havn't find yet the algorythm fot this mode.

If the future A33/340 VC has a screen with access for the FMGS window, I will create the gauge to display like the real FMGS; But in the stock FSX A320 VC that I use, this screen is not accessible for xml code.

Excuse me for my bad english

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Big update of the panel for tomorrow; Many bugs fixed and a new autopilot, and the possibility to chanhe the Cruise level at any time any many others improved features.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Update of the gauges Panel in version 0.68. Many changes !! read below

Panel 0.68 CFM & IAE

What's new from panel 0.67 to panel 0.68
========================================
- When the aircraft did a level in selected mode, FMA white frame for SPEED or MACH mode stayed dispayed : fixed
- New autopilot script : I have totally re-wrote the xml code of my SPEED and MACH autopilot. Now SPD/MACH push button works from 0 feet until crossover altitude (above, only MACH mode). the calibration of the IAS value versus MACH according the altitude works well, while climb or descent, in selected or managed mode. there were some errors in the Selected speed mode : all fixed. Calibration is fully fonctionnal (look at the speed bugs on the ASI of the PFD during climb or descent by changing your selected speed in Mach mode).
- During takeoff, when the aircraft reached the thrust reduction altitude, the autopilot disengaged alone the TOGA or FLEX mode to Climb mode : fixed ; Now, only the pilot can disengage the FLEX or TOGA mode by move the throttles
- Speed constrains not worked in the STAR if the aircraft was below 15000 feet : fixed
- After load an ILS approach, if the pilot changed the NAV1 radio frequency, the ILS frequency was lost. Now, ILS frequency is set in the radio when you load an approach AND set again when you push the APPR button.
- Now, with panel 0.68 when the G/S is captured ( G/S* in green displayed on the FMA), descent rate is fixed to 400ft/mn, to be sure to intercept the final G/S signal.
- Now, the FreeNav DG gtoup Approach file may contain a specific LOC or ILS fraquency, to force a NAV frequency during approach (this is the case for KASE Aspen airport).
- If you chaged the flight level in the FMC page during the climb, Aircraft toggled in "CRUISE" mode at the actual altitude : error fixed
- You can now change your flight level at any time, when your are in ALT CRZ mode : When the aircraft is ALT CRZ mode; You have just to select a new flight level (above or below) by turning with the wheel mouse the ALT knob on the FCU push it : The flight level is automatically updated in the FMC database and the TOD is calculed with the new flight level : Aircraft willb e clib or descent in SPEED or MACH mode to your new flight level. You can change the flight level as you want.
- New SFCC . Because the actual SFCC was not realisitic (SFCC is the function that manage the slats and flaps) Now Flaps don't retract automatically after take off, exept between the position 1+F to position 1 if the aircraft reaches 210 kts. All flaps settings must be do by the pilot !!!!!. I did not understand the Airbus FCOM sheme. Thanks to Stefano Cerutti, that wrote me a email to explain my error.
Now, You must retract manually the flaps after takeoff ! .SFCC retracts automatically flaps only from position 1+F to position 1 if aircraft go over 210 kts. Only the pilot can retracts the slats (position 1 to position 0 !
- Now, Spoilers are automatically armed when approach only if you select flaps position 3 or FULL.
- Many small corrections

IMPORTANT : The previous saved flight will not work with this new panel, because FD_FMC saves now new data; old FD_FMC backup flight files cannot be read by this new version.

Don't forget to use the last sound set with the following links :

"Callout_FD" folder November,30 , to place in the "Sound" folder of your FSX if not already do :
"Callout_FD" folder updated november,30

Francois

Bon vol

François

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Small patch for the panel 0.68, posted yesterday, with 2 XML files to replace in the A320_FMS folder of each engine version : Small patch for panel 0.68

- This patch fix a bug when a speed constraint according a waypoint is written manually in the FMC and if this waypoint is reached by the aircraft, above 10000ft .
- This patch allows a correct displaying of the LFPG SIDs.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I will post the next update of the panel in the currant week, that fix some bugs and improve the SID constraint speed with more liberty.

Stephane Beilliard has realizd NZQN - Queenstown, a very dangerous Airport in New Zealand, which work with the ORBX/FTX scenery.

An airport for you Airbus Fan

We finish some test about this airport, which need an update of the panel.

Sample with the SUNGU 1S SID, and its height circuit to turn around hills after takeoff and to get altitude before continue the flight.

First turn after takeoff

Before the second inverted turn of the "8"

There will be also an update of KMSO - Missoula, Montana airport, with the same surround mountainous terrain , with now STAR and Approaches and SID re-worked.

François

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I'm back.

Thank you for these updates.

Which scenery are you using for this airport?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I use ORBX New Zealand South ISland scenery with Queenstown NZQN airport scenery from ORBX

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi,

Merry christmas to everyone

Update of the panel in Beta 0.69 version : Panel beta 0.69 CFM & IAE

What's new between 0.68 and 0.69
============================
- In all the previous version of the panel, if you disconnect the autopilot, and connnect again , FMC lost the control of the vertical navigation .
This phenomenon was also apparent when you engaged the autopilot late (after the THR RED altitude). All these bugs are now fixed.
Now, you can turn off and turn on the Autopilot when you want , during the climb or the descent , and the FMC will not lost the control of the aircraft.
- In previous panels, if you tunr off the autopilot in takeoff phase, eand that the aircraft go away a waypoint linked with a speed or altitude constraint, this constraint was maintened : bug fixed
- Now, the minimum speed constraint is 160 kts.(old version of the panels had a minimu of 180 kts ), This modification is necessary for specific SID.
- White frames on the FMA has been added : G/S Locked, LOC locked, LAND, FLARE, ROLLOUT.
- In selected mode, the speed setting could occur some difficulties : error fixed
- Improved SFCC, about the Spolier arm and disarm system, and hte 1 and 1+F position managment according the flight situation.
- Old xml code has errors, to avoid the Flaps or landing gear function without hydraulic pressure. That may occurs a FSX crash : I have written new xml code and now flaps or landing gear don't react if there is no hydraulic pressure and no FSX ceash. I will extend this code to over controls and system of the aircraft for more realistic.
- Many small errors fixed.

Bon vol
Good flight

Francois

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

Thank you very much for this fantastic software François :). And, I have come to enjoy flying the A320 series aircraft from PA even more due to your wonderful updates to the panel and gauges.
Keep up the great work!
Last edited by sknepper on 29 Dec 2013, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Fliptod

Post by Fliptod »

Agreed! I've learned more from this particular plane than any other.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Many thanks to you ! I work as quick as possible to complete the panel and the FMC functions.

Francois

kremin

Post by kremin »

Hi Francois,
Many thanks from me too for your very interesting work on this aircraft. I have just one question at the moment - it is about the Secondary ECAM Engine (ENG) page. At the top of the page is shown 'F USED' and underneath there are two sloping lines and then 'LBS'. Assuming this is about fuel used I would expect the amount to be labelled 'KGS' like in all the other displays, and not 'LBS'. Can this be fixed?

Happy New Year
regards
Rick Canham

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hi Kremin,

Thanks about the feedback. I will correct this mistake.

Francois

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

There will be a new secondary ECAM shortly, in HD. New bitmaps have been realized by Arths, a member of Pilote-virtuel.com. I have just to write the new xml code.....

kremin

Post by kremin »

Bravo Francois and all the team.

regards
Rick Canham

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

New version of the panel : Panel 0.70 CFM & IAE

What's new from 0.69 to 0.70 :
==========================
- Possibility of go around by turnoff the A/THR , or just before the autoflare when the A/THR is automatically deactivated
- If a STAR does not include approaches and showed that the STAR after having approaches, approaches the old STAR remained display : Fixed .
- White frame " rollout" remaining display after landing in some cases : fixed
- Fixed a bug that caused an altitude constraint linked to a waypoint was canceled at the previous waypoint (in the case of integrated data in a SID file).
- Now, altitude constraints associated with a waypoint in a SID are strictly kept , which either selected or managed ALT mode. The constraint can be overridden by changing the select altitude selector in selected mode . If you are in Selected mode , after passing the waypoint with an altitude constraint , the initial altitude clearance is automatically updated on the FCU
- In the FMC Takeoff page , the constraint type and name of the waypoint (if the constraint is linked to a waypoint ) now appears in the bottom right column of general information . This is especially useful when you enter manually the value of constraint ( because are not included in the SID file for example) , especially to check if the constraint watypoint is is the right waypoint has been selected , in fact , due to the automatic creation by the FMC to the first waypoint in the flight plan by the threshold of the runway (to ensure a good start in the axis) there is an offset in the list of waypoints, and in this case , the number of the waypoint to enter the constraint is always the number in the flight plan N- 1. This display allows you to check that it has selected the correct waypoint.
- Fixed SFCC leaving armed spoiler after takeoff.

Due to a bug finding by Wulf Bindewal , I re- wrote all the XML code for the management of Kohlsman :
- When the barometric pressure was near 1013 HPA , STD flashing indication and true QNH was not displayed: Bug Fixed
- Now , below the transition altitude , if atmospheric pressure does not match the altimeter setting , the QNH reading flashes

Thanks to Rick Canham who found this error :
the " Engine" page now displays the secondary ECAM fuel consumed by each engine, in KG or Lbs , depending on the choices you made ​​by clicking on the area fuel Flow primary ECAM , which allows to choose between KG and Lbs.

And 2 new airports in the FreeNav DB group thread (YMML and NZCH )

Here are 3 screenshots to show the new reading in the lower right, to confirm the choice of the SID constraint, by displaying the name of the waypoint and the constraint (speed or alt )

Sample 1
Maximum altitude until a waypoint (ALBAD here) (the new panel 0.70 debug this function that was failed on previous versions)

Sample 2 :
Maximum speed until the aircraft is below an altitude

Sample 3 :
Speed constraint until a waypoint (ALBAD here)

Francois
Last edited by fdd_fr on 12 Jan 2014, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Thank you. :)

GT

Post by GT »

FDD_FR you are make great work! Thanks to you I learned more how to real systems work. It really amazing.

P.S
I find nice sound for A320 check this http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=181671 much real.