Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

The320Pilot

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern wrote:
31 May 2017, 01:52
I hope that François and anybody else will find this useful and that I won't get any dumb questions in return.
I hope this isn't a dumb question: why did you remove the wingflex effect in the CFM version? I like seeing the wing bending as the plane changes speed, but anyway, I can live without the wingflex as I do all my flying from the VC, only looking at the exterior model during replays.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The320Pilot wrote:
31 May 2017, 19:21
I hope this isn't a dumb question: why did you remove the wingflex effect in the CFM version? I like seeing the wing bending as the plane changes speed, but anyway, I can live without the wingflex as I do all my flying from the VC, only looking at the exterior model during replays.
The non-wingflex model is there because the IAE model doesn't have any. And I didn't want too have too much of a feature discrepancy between the two.

You can revert to the flexing wing version with a simple model.cfg change as it's still included (I think).

Wingflex for all engine versions will be restored in the remanufactured exteriors, but progress on them is slow since the main gear and wings have 200 (or more) animated parts alone and I have little time at the moment.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern wrote:
31 May 2017, 20:33
The320Pilot wrote:
31 May 2017, 19:21
The non-wingflex model is there because the IAE model doesn't have any. And I didn't want too have too much of a feature discrepancy between the two.

You can revert to the flexing wing version with a simple model.cfg change as it's still included (I think).

Wingflex for all engine versions will be restored in the remanufactured exteriors, but progress on them is slow since the main gear and wings have 200 (or more) animated parts alone and I have little time at the moment.
That's nice! Also, is there any possibility to remove the hideous jetheat from the A320 CFM? At least I would prefer that before the wingflex thing.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Were you doing the winglets or just doing the cockpit, I won't do it if its the latter.

I think the auto way of doing it is weird too. A GPS would know if they were on the runway or not and I from what I read, most airlines don't use the auto switch but use it when lined up or crossing the runway. So it seems the auto mode is useless in the real world. I think it would be best to keep the switch as it is but François to change the FMC to want strobes on the take off, but be optional blue on taxi in and out. That would reflect the real world.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

About P3dV4, it was said some planes would have trouble but xml planes should be ok. The very good news is that it seems all the gauges, sounds and everything else work fine. I haven't done a flight yet but everything seems ok on the ground.

Were there any problems expected moving to 64bit?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The VC lights (dome light, flood light) are working properly in the A320_CFM, but not in the A320_IAE version.

There is a discrepancy in the [LIGHTS] section in the aircraft.cfg between both versions. The internal VC lights in the A320_IAE version are working similar to the A320_CFM again after disabling "light.4=..." to "//light.4..." and corrected light-coordinates from "light.7=10, 49.25,...." to "light.7=10, 46.25,....". The same for light.8= too.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

It seems the FMC doesn't work in p3dv4, I am unable to enter anything on the keypad. All the calculations for climb, cruise etc work perfectly but I just cannot enter any numbers, so frustrating.

There is a "0." at the bottom in red. Also the reloading image does not pop up but it does reload. Everything else seems to work fine.

I assume it is because either the xmltools or loggerX dlls need to be recompiled for 64 bit. Someone else asked for keyboard input, would that mean it would work for P3Dv4 if we could use the keyboard.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:
02 Jun 2017, 11:17
It seems the FMC doesn't work in p3dv4, I am unable to enter anything on the keypad. All the calculations for climb, cruise etc work perfectly but I just cannot enter any numbers, so frustrating.
--> pls read Tom Aguilo´s comment http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/xm ... v4.440181/

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Thank you, what about the loggerx dll? What does that do or will the xml tools dll be ok on its own?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The320Pilot wrote:
31 May 2017, 23:19
That's nice! Also, is there any possibility to remove the hideous jetheat from the A320 CFM? At least I would prefer that before the wingflex thing.
I'm not working from Tom's FSX converted models, so the heat blur won't be in in the first place.

Flyer10 wrote:
01 Jun 2017, 08:31
Were you doing the winglets or just doing the cockpit, I won't do it if its the latter.

I think the auto way of doing it is weird too. A GPS would know if they were on the runway or not and I from what I read, most airlines don't use the auto switch but use it when lined up or crossing the runway. So it seems the auto mode is useless in the real world. I think it would be best to keep the switch as it is but François to change the FMC to want strobes on the take off, but be optional blue on taxi in and out. That would reflect the real world.
You won't do what with what when what?

"Auto" isn't much of a problem to implement.

wulfbindewald wrote:
02 Jun 2017, 09:38
The VC lights (dome light, flood light) are working properly in the A320_CFM, but not in the A320_IAE version.

There is a discrepancy in the [LIGHTS] section in the aircraft.cfg between both versions. The internal VC lights in the A320_IAE version are working similar to the A320_CFM again after disabling "light.4=..." to "//light.4..." and corrected light-coordinates from "light.7=10, 49.25,...." to "light.7=10, 46.25,....". The same for light.8= too.
Good catch!

Flyer10 wrote:
02 Jun 2017, 13:59
Thank you, what about the loggerx dll? What does that do or will the xml tools dll be ok on its own?
Logger is part of XMLTools since version 2. So throw it out as it's not needed anymore.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

One more thing will need to be changed, the callout_sound.dll will need to be updated for p3dv4. It's not bad that 2 dll's are the problem, one is going to be updated but is the callout dll critical or is it leftover and not needed like the other dll.

Pretty amazing for such a plane, 90% of the v3 planes I tried have texture problems but none of the FD models do. FS9 models will not work in v4 but FS9 .bmp repaints are still ok.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

I´m missing the ILS capture option during approach to line up and the option for auto-land. Any chance to integrate this again?
Maybe an interim soln to define FSX AP to the AP1 switch only and APPR button to AP2...

How does the real A320 activate the lining up? Which buttons to be pushed?

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote:
04 Jun 2017, 17:20
I´m missing the ILS capture option during approach to line up and the option for auto-land. Any chance to integrate this again?
Maybe an interim soln to define FSX AP to the AP1 switch only and APPR button to AP2...

I'd say you press the LS button and then APPR and it should line up. That's how I did in the old cockpit. I still need to test the new one.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Hello,

Airport database updates and new airports are online :

New Airports :
CYVR - Vancouver Intl - Canada by Wulf Bindewald
CYVR - Vancouver Intl - Canada by Wulf Bindewald (special version for FS DreamTeam Scenery
ENBO - Bodo - Norway by Martien Van Rooten
MHTG - Tegucigalpa Toncotin - Honduras by Barlos Maria Diaz
MHTG - Tegucigalpa Toncotin - Honduras by Barlos Maria Diaz (special version for Latin VFR scenery)
SKPS - Pasto - Colombia by Carlos Maria Diaz
UBBB - Baku - Azerbaidjan By Philippe Bronier (AFCAD provided)
UBBQ - Qabala - Azerbaidjan by Philippe Bronier (AFCAD provided)
ULLI - Saint Petersbourg - Russia by Martien Van Rooten
UMKK - Khrabrovo/Kaliningrad - Russia by Martien Van Rooten

Updates :
KBUR v4.03 - Burbank USA (California) by Wulf Bindewald
KLGB v4.02 - Long Beach - USA (California) by Wulf Bindewald
KMRY v4.06 - Monterey - USA (California) by Wulf Bindewald
KOMA v4.01 - Omaha - USA (Nebraska) by Wulf Bindewald
KONT v4.02 - Ontario - USA (California) by Wulf Bindewald
KSBA v4.03 - Santa Barbara - USA (California) by Wulf Bindewald
KSNA v4.03 - John Wayne Orange County - USA (California) by Wulf Bindewald
KVNY 4.03 - Van Nuys - USA (California) by Wulf Bindewald

http://freenavdbgroup.com/

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:

On the real thing, I guess this is done with APPR mode only, but since I didn't change any AP functionality (I just wrapped it differently), ILS mode and APPR AP mode will activate autoland (don't forget to set the correct course for the runway if the FMC doesn't do it for you).

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
05 Jun 2017, 05:24
On the real thing, I guess this is done with APPR mode only, but since I didn't change any AP functionality (I just wrapped it differently), ILS mode and APPR AP mode will activate autoland (don't forget to set the correct course for the runway if the FMC doesn't do it for you).
Ok, in the PA VC there was an APPR button. In the new A320 VC there is no APPR button. Which knob to push (for APPR function)?

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

wulfbindewald wrote:

The App has to be selected and both AP on although both AP should not be on in normal flying. Effectively the 2nd AP is the autoland button.

Having just seen the last post, perhaps the 2nd AP is also the ILS APP button as well.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flyer10 wrote:
05 Jun 2017, 08:59
wulfbindewald wrote:

The App has to be selected and both AP on although both AP should not be on in normal flying. Effectively the 2nd AP is the autoland button.

Having just seen the last post, perhaps the 2nd AP is also the ILS APP button as well.
Thanks, I have found the APPR button (to activate the ILS capture) in the new VC, which is a bit moved to the right in the new FCU. My bad. The ILS capture works as expected.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

One more thing to make the cockpit more realistic. There is no GP/NAV switch in the real thing. It goes into NAV when the LOC or APP is pressed and would go back to GPS when the managed heading is set.

Maybe it could be applied to the APP button so its in NAV when lit but GPS when its unlit?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Flyer10 wrote:
05 Jun 2017, 12:23
One more thing to make the cockpit more realistic. There is no GP/NAV switch in the real thing. It goes into NAV when the LOC or APP is pressed and would go back to GPS when the managed heading is set.

Maybe it could be applied to the APP button so its in NAV when lit but GPS when its unlit?
I'd probably assign it to the ADIRS or use the ADIRS to check its status. But removing the NAV/GPS switch is very low on the priority list in the first place.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Here's an update to the cockpit. I hope I got everything together.

No discussions regarding the removal of the nav and strobe lights from the CFM model file. I just want the models to be consistent in terms of features so if the IAE model doesn't have hard coded lights, the CFM model can't have them either.

Changelog:
  • Main displays now require voltage to operate
  • Made message fields in ECAMS gauge much more efficient (gauge filesize decrease by 33%)
  • Changed some items in the ECAMS checklists (mostly light-related)
  • Larger clickspots to toggle between memos in the ECAMS
  • Modified eyepoints in the aircraft.cfg
  • Fxed the VC light locations for the IAE model
  • Removed heat blur from exterior models
  • Removed IAE model without wing fences (no such configuration on the real A320
  • Removed nav and strobe lights from CFM model (now consistent with IAE model) and added them in the aircraft.cfg
  • New light switches on the overhead
  • Added the "auto" setting for the strobe lights
Also, no more source files for the VC textures. This saves about 50 MB download size.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xi ... sp=sharing

As usual, RTFM.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks for the A320_CFM and A320_IAE VC update from 05.06.2017.

Some new issues found on my end for both A320:
- Strobe lights: no strobe lights L and R at wing ends and no white tail strobe lights, if switched "ON".
- EXT LT panel on the VC overhead panel:
L and R RWY lights split...ok and each with 3 settings OFF, intermediate ? , ON
Knob textures missing ?, see pic.

I hope that I have installed the update correctly. Someone else found these issues?

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

wulfbindewald wrote:
05 Jun 2017, 15:42

- Strobe lights: no strobe lights L and R at wing ends and no white tail strobe lights, if switched "ON".

I hope that I have installed the update correctly. Someone else found these issues?
Wulf, All the textures are working correctly on my sim. I haven't seen the exterior model yet, only the VC.

Bjoern, I have two questions:
1. Is it possible to make the displays a little brighter? They look too dark to me, even with the VC day lighting on.
2. Image
Aren't the FD, ILS (which should be renamed LS), CSTR, NDB, VOR, WPTS, ARPT buttons supposed to look like the AP, ATHR, etc buttons?

Apart from that, Bjoern, you've done a magnificent work.

P.S.: Francois, SKBG is finally ready. I expect you can add it to the next month's AIRAC.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The320Pilot wrote:
05 Jun 2017, 17:13
wulfbindewald wrote:

Wulf, the textures are working correctly on my sim. I haven't seen the exterior model yet, only the VC.
Thanks, Carlos. I have found the texture culprit on my VC due to an unproper installation. The light switches are looking fine now and they seem to be remodelled more accuratly.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:

Ah, I think there's a bug in A32X_System.xml.

Find the following block:

Code: Select all

(L:A32x Light Switch Strobe,number) 2 == 
(L:A32x Light Switch Strobe,number) 1 == (A:SIM ON GROUND, bool) ! and and
(A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE,volts) 10 > and 
(A:LIGHT STROBE,bool) ! and if{ (>K:STROBES_TOGGLE) }
And replace it with:

Code: Select all

(L:A32x Light Switch Strobe,number) 2 == 
(L:A32x Light Switch Strobe,number) 1 == (A:SIM ON GROUND, bool) ! and or
(A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE,volts) 10 > and 
(A:LIGHT STROBE,bool) ! and if{ (>K:STROBES_TOGGLE) }
(Note the "and" changed to "or".)

This should bring the strobes back.
I didn't have time for thorough testing, so that bug slipped through. Since I'm on my way into internet hell, uploading 150 MB worth of a fixed package is sadly out of the question till the end of next week, so DIY fixes are all I can offer.

The light switches were modeled after the real ones in terms of available positions. Save from the obvious two-position switches like beacon or wing, the ones with noteworthy behaviour are:
Strobes: Off-Auto-On
Nav: Off-Set 1-Set 2 (for redundancy on the real aircraft; not reflected on the overhead textures yet)
Landing: Retract-Off-On (exactly what it says on the tin)
Taxi Lights: Off-Taxi-Landing (the latter either switches on the second light on the NLG or increases brightness)

By the way: Did anybody ever notice that the PA model uses the runway turnoff lights as landing lights? :/

The320Pilot wrote:
Wulf, All the textures are working correctly on my sim. I haven't seen the exterior model yet, only the VC.

Bjoern, I have two questions:
1. Is it possible to make the displays a little brighter? They look too dark to me, even with the VC day lighting on.
2. Aren't the FD, ILS (which should be renamed LS), CSTR, NDB, VOR, WPTS, ARPT buttons supposed to look like the AP, ATHR, etc buttons?

Apart from that, Bjoern, you've done a magnificent work.
1. The 100% brightness setting is all there is.
2. I didn't touch that area (yet), but yes, the buttons should look like the rest.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Wulf, I have the same problem with the light switches on the IAE version. The CFM is fine. How did you fix that?

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

To Bjoern:
The proposed correction from the A32X_System.xml in the panel.A320IAE/A320_IAE folder and in the panel.A320CFM/A320_CFM folder mentioned above works fine. The strobe lights are back again :) .

To Carlos:
"....I have the same problem with the light switches on the IAE version. The CFM is fine. How did you fix that?....."
If you renamed the master folder "PA A320FD-FMC_CFM" then the Texture folder from the IAE version will not be readible. They are linked in the IAE texture.cfg file in Bjoern´s folder collection.
So I generally prefer a consequently non-linked folder collection between the A320_IAE and _CFM version ;). Not every sim user installs both aircraft type.

Sol A: Copy and paste the "A32x_Switches_Knobs.dds" file which resides in the CFM "Texture" folder to the IAE "Texture" folder too, if the latter exists on your end.
or Sol B: Copy and paste the whole CFM "Texture" folder into the IAE folder.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern wrote:
05 Jun 2017, 18:05
The320Pilot wrote:

1. The 100% brightness setting is all there is.
I think messing with the alpha channels in the textures of the VC displays and the Luminous setting in the [Color] section of the panel.cfg may work. I am only guessing, though.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Bjoern wrote:
28 May 2017, 13:50
Your old textures were the ones I had installed when I started the modifications and I do not have time to start all over again with your newer, updated ones. (Textures are your job anyway.)
Try to backup your files and add final textures and see how it look.Textures in front are almost same in both versions except shadows and dust marks.
If you make all compatible with old textures I have no job to do because I will do same textures again but I can repair some minor problems.
You will cut players some good VC and experience.You cant work will old files while new are coming out.You must adapt to new and latest releases.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

A320 CFM and IAE - It seems that in the FCU the "LOC" switch textures for the position "_On" and "_On_Night" for day and night are missing. All other switches are designed with 4 single textures, but only the LOC switch includes 2 in the corresponding panel folder. The LOC function is ok. Do I miss something?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The320Pilot wrote:
05 Jun 2017, 23:30
I think messing with the alpha channels in the textures of the VC displays and the Luminous setting in the [Color] section of the panel.cfg may work. I am only guessing, though.
No, that won't influence general brightness.

You'd have to edit the bitmaps used by the display gauges and make them brighter, but that will mess up the contrast.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

CokiBH wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 10:20
Try to backup your files and add final textures and see how it look.Textures in front are almost same in both versions except shadows and dust marks.
If you make all compatible with old textures I have no job to do because I will do same textures again but I can repair some minor problems.
You will cut players some good VC and experience.You cant work will old files while new are coming out.You must adapt to new and latest releases.
I'm not going to start over with my modifications on your latest textures because I simply don't have time.

I can send you the files in psd format if it's easier for you, but if not, I'll just carry on.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 16:04
A320 CFM and IAE - It seems that in the FCU the "LOC" switch textures for the position "_On" and "_On_Night" for day and night are missing. All other switches are designed with 4 single textures, but only the LOC switch includes 2 in the corresponding panel folder. The LOC function is ok. Do I miss something?
The LOC switch doesn't have a status light, therefor no "on" textures are needed.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Maybe the following pic demonstrates a bit better my texture prob at the LOC switch (Approaching RW08 Juneau Alaska).
LOC unswitched: looks normal.
LOC switched: greyed out texture at switch location, see pic

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

wulfbindewald wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 20:29
Maybe the following pic demonstrates a bit better my texture prob at the LOC switch (Approaching RW08 Juneau Alaska).

I think that is not my problem because in textures you cant edit switches.I try to edit all switches to HD but failed cockpit get weird.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Bjoern wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 20:06
CokiBH wrote:
I'm not going to start over with my modifications on your latest textures because I simply don't have time.

I can send you the files in psd format if it's easier for you, but if not, I'll just carry on.
send me link of files in private message I want to see can I fix something

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

CokiBH wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 08:41
Bjoern wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 20:06
CokiBH wrote:

You will not start all over again if you put new textures in aircraft/textures folder.Try just to put new textures there almost same unless you edit them and moved around that is another story if you are just send files to me I will edit them

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

So the XMLTools64.dll has been released, can I just add this to the dll.xml or does Francois need to do something with the plane to make it work?

Edit - I tried adding the details to the dll.xml and it still did not work. I think I need some help from someone with P3DV4.
Last edited by Flyer10 on 07 Jun 2017, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Guys this is all good what we are doing but what is purpose if only we play.We need someone to make videos and post on YT about updates and gameplay
to bring more players maybe we will attract some developer with good skills and ideas to improve a32x planes even better to be neck to neck with payware (at least 50% :) :) ).

Is there someone to do this?

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

making of overhead back panel 30% completed

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
The green light indicates that the bitmap is in use, but the rest appears to be transpoarent. Check its format, should be 24 bit bmp (if not, chance it; should be doable with MS paint) and that the black parts aren't too black (RGB 0,0,0 makes things transparent).

CokiBH wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 08:40
I think that is not my problem because in textures you cant edit switches.I try to edit all switches to HD but failed cockpit get weird.
The buttons for the FCU and RMP panels are all 2D gauges. You can try to double their resolution, but I don't think that FSX will support it.

CokiBH wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 08:46
You will not start all over again if you put new textures in aircraft/textures folder.Try just to put new textures there almost same unless you edit them and moved around that is another story if you are just send files to me I will edit them
You simply do not understand. Your textures were made for the DEFAULT A321 cockpit model. I've modified said model in some places (FCU, RMP) and had to edit your textures to fit these modifications (change the black cutouts for the buttons, change the labels and markings, etc...). Therefor, no matter how much and often you update your model, your textures will NOT fit to my model in some areas and WILL require implementation or at least the remaking of my changes!

CokiBH wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 08:41
I only have a public hotspot available for internet access, so I don't know if I can upload 100 or so MBytes.

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Bjoern wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 17:18
You simply do not understand. Your textures were made for the DEFAULT A321 cockpit model. I've modified said model in some places (FCU, RMP) and had to edit your textures to fit these modifications (change the black cutouts for the buttons, change the labels and markings, etc...). Therefor, no matter how much and often you update your model, your textures will NOT fit to my model in some areas and WILL require implementation or at least the remaking of my changes!
That is what I saying.Unless you edited you can replace.Why you did not say earlier you edited position of textures :) :) :)

CokiBH

Post by CokiBH »

Bjoern wrote:
When you finish you work on VC send fdd_fr files so he can do his stuff then he can send me aircraft so I can edit textures.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
wulfbindewald wrote:
The green light indicates that the bitmap is in use, but the rest appears to be transpoarent. Check its format, should be 24 bit bmp (if not, chance it; should be doable with MS paint) and that the black parts aren't too black (RGB 0,0,0 makes things transparent).
Which concrete texture file to be checked? IMO If you originally created this file then it is better you update this....

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Four things I discovered during the new flight deck test flight:

1. When I press the button to move the rudder to the right, it makes the same sound as the knobs that make turning motion (like the VOR, ARC, PLN, ILS selector for the PFD). This doesn't happen when I move the rudder to the right.

2. The LOC button is greyed out when active. This is an easy fix. I could try to make the texture for the button based on the other ones.

3. The plane flew straight past its cruise altitude even though the CLB3 phase was active when it reached the set cruising altitude. Because of this, it couldn't activate CRZ phase, so I had to descend manually.

4. Even though the plane was supposed to level off at FL230 for its cruise (it didn't), the maximum altitude I could set on the FCU was 22000 after the A320 went past cruise altitude

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

The320Pilot wrote:
08 Jun 2017, 16:37
3. The plane flew straight past its cruise altitude even though the CLB3 phase was active when it reached the set cruising altitude. Because of this, it couldn't activate CRZ phase, so I had to descend manually.
I found no prob when I define a Flight Plan, launch FSX and then select a STAR or no-STAR (common practice). The complete flights were as expected.

There is a prob If FSX is launched together with a flightplan and another different flightplan will be defined afterwards. This has been solved by an automated reload in the previous A320 version. Unfortunately this automated reload does not work together with Bjoern´s A320. I hope this could be solved again in the future.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

I've removed the automatic reload because I consider it highly impractical. If you need to reload the aircraft, do it manually from the 2D panel.

Anyway, here's a quick fix package for the strobe light and LOC button issue. It also includes the edited VC textures in .xcf (GIMP) format (hence the file size).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xi ... sp=sharing

CokiBH wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 18:22
That is what I saying.Unless you edited you can replace.Why you did not say earlier you edited position of textures :) :) :)
I've said that I've edited your textures for about three times now!

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 17:53
I've removed the automatic reload because I consider it highly impractical. If you need to reload the aircraft, do it manually from the 2D panel.

Anyway, here's a quick fix package for the strobe light and LOC button issue. It also includes the edited VC textures in .xcf (GIMP) format
Just to confirm, that both fixes work properly. Thanks.

What I do not understand is why automatic (!) reload should be unpractical for the sim user. IMHO unpractical is to jump from the VC to the 2D panel and a "break" to your design, which is made exclusivly for the VC ;) .

Rain and wiper simulation: :)
Rain sound: The rain sound seems to be extremly exaggerated on ground. At >60Kts (second rain phase) the rain sound sharply reduces to a "normal" loudness. Any advise how to reduce the rain sound for the low speed phase <60 Kts on ground? BTW this strange sound effect was not existing in your first VC design in ~Okt. 2016.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

I got an automatic reload upon touchdown during an otherwise perfectly normal flight, took a look at the code leading to said reload, determined the conditions to be inadequate and therefor removed the entire section until I can find a better workaround.
The best practice would be to have no automatic reload at all unless the trigger conditions for it are rock solid (actually more akin to diamond solid). Which is simply not the case for the autoreload in its current form.

All custom sounds can be reassigned and adjusted for volume in A32x_Sounds.ini. The last number in each "SoundNN=" line determines the volume of the sound sample.
If the rain sound is duplicated (which isn't the case for me), you' can remove the line containing "c2prec1.wav" and its corresponding "LVar=" line and then renumber all subsequent lines to bring them back in order.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

Bjoern, my ECAM checklist gets stuck in PUSHBACK and then returns back to normal after passing 10000 ft; i.e., no TAXI, no T/O checklist. It looks like I'm missing a few steps to activate the TAXI checklist, but when I complete the PUSHBACK checklist (all items in green), the TAXI checklist doesn't come active. Any ideas?