Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Flyer10

Re: Project FMC simplified for Project Airbus

Post by Flyer10 »

That's exactly what I do except the flaps are blue and the spoiler is red. I thought the 1 and 1F were the same position but you get 1 in the air and 1F on the ground.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Bjoern wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 18:51

Good idea, at least until I can outsource aircraft state management to a configuration panel.

Or what about a "reset FMC" button in the FMC window?
ok. I will add in the FMC ini file until configuration gauge will be ready.

Good idea about reset button into FMC Window. I will do it. But I will let the possiblity to autoreset by option set to 1 in the FMC ini file
Bjoern wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 18:51
By the way:

Do the A318, A19 and A320 require different values for some variables in the FMC compared to the A320 (e.g. for VNAV calculation)?

If yes, what about an auto-detection algorithm that will determine the current type of A32x and assign the appropriate values to the e.g. VNAV related variables?
This can be implemented pretty easily by reading the empty weight of the aircraft from the aircraft.cfg ((A:EMPTY WEIGHT,pounds)). So for a range of 90000 to 95000 lbs, the FMC knows that the current aircraft is an A320, while for anything more than 95000 lbs, it's an A321, for a range of 88000 to 90000 lbs, it's an A319 and with less than 90000 lbs an A318.
This would eliminate the need to have three different FMC gauge files for each A32x model and make development and updating easier.

I'm using this algorithm to auto-configure the payload manager for another aircraft and it works really well.
All VNAV gauges code for climb and descent are common to all aircraft.

Some gauges are specifics for each version :
- A320_Fuel_system.xml : common for A318, A319 and A320.
- A321_Fuel_system.xml : only for A321 (3 center tanks)

- Autoflare gauge are special for each aircraft.

A32(0)_FMS_init.xml are special for each aircraft because include aircraft data that may be used by you :

(L:MaximumTakeOffWeight,kilograms) : A318=66000 A319=75500 A320=75500 A321=89000
(L:MaximumLandingWeight,kilograms) : A318=57500 A319=62500 A320=66000 A321=77800
(L:CruiseMaxFlightLevel,enum) : max cruise level in feet = 38900 for all A32x Family
'PanelVersion' (>C:XMLVARS:SearchVarName,string) : panel version

A32(0)_FMS_Com.xml is special for each aircraft, because include following calculations with different formulas :
V1 speed, V2 speed, VR speed, Greendot speed, Vapp speed etc.....

A32(0)_FMS_Main.xml is different for each aircraft about checking of the data input about second flight level gross weight limit.

(L:EngineVersion,enum) located in ECAMS gauge gives engine type : 1=CFM 2=IAE

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 08:08
Thanks in advance. It is always good, if the sim user can choose his favourite control tool between mouse, keyboard or joystick.
Below a pic, how I "managed" flap settings on my desk with all FDD panel and older fork versions.
Good news for you: I've managed to implement axis control for the flaps.
All you need is to find out the axis name (used my throttle slider during tests) and the upper and lower value limit (-32768 and 32768 in my case). The code will do the rest.

Disadvantage: Axis control seems to block out any other key controls for the flaps.

And the 1+F label can be removed, since the automatic management of the 1+F position works now.

Flyer10 wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 10:39
That's exactly what I do except the flaps are blue and the spoiler is red. I thought the 1 and 1F were the same position but you get 1 in the air and 1F on the ground.
It's a bit more complicated.

Flaps 0 -> Flaps 1: 1 when above 100 KIAS, 1+F when below
Flaps 2 -> Flaps 1: 1 when above 210 KIAS, 1+F when below

In some situations, you'll want to go from flaps up to flaps 1+F when below 210 KIAS, so you have to put the lever from flaps 0 to flaps 2 and then immediately back to flaps 1. This is a trick used by real Airbus drivers and it also works with the new flap system. As does the auto-retraction from 1+F to 1.

fdd_fr wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 15:52
ok. I will add in the FMC ini file until configuration gauge will be ready.

Good idea about reset button into FMC Window. I will do it. But I will let the possiblity to autoreset by option set to 1 in the FMC ini file
Okay.
(L:EngineVersion,enum) located in ECAMS gauge gives engine type : 1=CFM 2=IAE
Does that have any effect? For all I know, there are two separate ECAMS gauge files for each engine version.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Is it possible to link both sound.IAE and sound.CFM into the PA A32x Common folder to only install both big files 1x for all A32x?
Or does the MSC code strongly require individual full sound installation within each defined aircraft?

EDIT: Maybe I found already the answer: The sound.5A and .5B folders advise to the (still non-existing) sound pack folder in the common block.
Fortunately the A. Murphy files for CFM and IAE versions are already in use in the FDD packs, so hopefully Francois could include both relevant sound folders into the common block. Just a proposal.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Found a workaround for the flap system. Both axis and key control are now possible at the same time.

wulfbindewald wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 16:47
Is it possible to link both sound.IAE and sound.CFM into the PA A32x Common folder to only install both big files 1x for all A32x?
Or does the MSC code strongly require individual full sound installation within each defined aircraft?

EDIT: Maybe I found already the answer: The sound.5A and .5B folders advise to the (still non-existing) sound pack folder in the common block.
Fortunately the A. Murphy files for CFM and IAE versions are already in use in the FDD packs, so hopefully Francois could include both relevant sound folders into the common block. Just a proposal.
Does François have permission to distribute the soundset?
And what if users prefer a different one?

Engine sounds are one of the things I don't necessarily would include in the common folder because they're rather large (260 MB for SkyHigh's!) and don't need to be updated on a regular basis.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

"....Does François have permission to distribute the soundset?...."
Maybe we are not talking about the same soundset. Francois could clarify this, if needed. I know the used CFM and IAE soundset is freeware.

" .....Engine sounds are one of the things I don't necessarily would include in the common folder because they're rather large (260 MB for SkyHigh's!) and don't need to be updated on a regular basis....."
Why to install sounds for 4 aircraft 4 times? If I assume 260 MB for each sound pack then we will end up at 2 Gig. My idea is simply not to duplicate big files.....I know someone here who is repeatingly posting this argument...and he is right ;-).
In any case it is easy to manage individual sound packs :-).

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 17:53
"....Does François have permission to distribute the soundset?...."
Maybe we are not talking about the same soundset. Francois could clarify this, if needed. I know the used CFM and IAE soundset is freeware.
Freeware (sadly) isn't a magical free ticket to do what one pleases regarding modification and distribution. Developers are free to place whatever terms of use they want on their add-on.

Since the older base packs of the FDD A32x models contain said sounds, I assume that distribution is not much of a problem with the soundset. But my point was a different one. (See below.)
" .....Engine sounds are one of the things I don't necessarily would include in the common folder because they're rather large (260 MB for SkyHigh's!) and don't need to be updated on a regular basis....."
Why to install sounds for 4 aircraft 4 times? If I assume 260 MB for each sound pack then we will end up at 2 Gig. My idea is simply not to duplicate big files.....I know someone here who is repeatingly posting this argument...and he is right ;-).
In any case it is easy to manage individual sound packs :-).
The SkyHigh soundset is set up to have the folder containing the actual sounds in SimObjects\Airplanes and uses sound.cfg files that will link to that very folder (or the .wav files therein). So the "PA A318/219/320/321" aircraft folders only need a sound folder with said sound.cfg to use the sounds. No duplication necessary.

I just don't want the sound folder distributed with the base pack as this would increase download size by quite a bit (see file size of the aircraft packs distributed by François on Avsim). And since soundsets are updated much less frequently than the base pack (if at all), it would be best just to have users download it once and install it as specified by SkyHigh.
We can configure the aircraft packs to link the sound.cfgs to the SkyHigh folder by default and thus basically make the sounds a requirement.
Or link to the the default A321 soundset and have users install the SkyHigh sounds on their own. They come with installation instructions and the appropriate sound.cfgs.

It's the same thing with repaints. You can include paints of every operator in the history of the A32x in each aircraft pack, but having to download an aircraft pack of a few hundred megabytes in size each and every time it is updated to a new version is a bit inconvienient.
So just include two or three paints in the base pack and offer the rest as an extra package to be installed on demand.

Avoiding duplication is just one end of the sausage so to speak. File size efficiency is the other. ;)

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Flyer10 wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 10:39
Does spoiler axis control work for you by default?

If not, I've implemented some custom axis control code for you.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks for the explanations, Bjoern.
IMO any provided aircraft pack should include at least everything to use the sim ad-hoc. This means to provide at least one full texture set from one airliner (aircraft.cfg configured for 1 livery) and at least one working soundset. The link to the MS A321 is ok, if no other sound sets are available. What I try to say is to avoid installation requirements "download here and install there" from the beginning even if some add. MB´s to be downloaded.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

I'd like to have the downloads and aircraft packages structured the following way:

Required items:
1) Basepack (containing panel files for the entire A32x range, gauges including the FMC for the entire A32x range, VC models for the entire A32x range, cockpit sounds, shared textures, documentation)
2) XMLTools
3) At least one of the following aircraft packs (configured for the default A321 sounds and including at least one or two repaints): A318, A319, A320-100, A320-200, A321
4) FreeNav DB and AIRAC
5) Effects package

Optional items:
1) SkyHigh soundset
2) Repaint packs
3) VC textures in different resolutions

Since the basepack will be updated most often, it's to be kept separate from the aircraft.
XMLTools is a third party download, but mandatory nonetheless.
The aircraft packs are configured for the basepack, so to add or remove a specific A32x series model, adding or removing the corresponding aircraft folder will suffice.
FMC database and AIRAC are self-explanatory.
Effects are - in most cases - a one-off affair.

I don't know which premade sound config files are included in the SkyHigh soundset, but offering a separate download containing sound.cfg files in the folder structure used by the aircraft packs isn't much of a hindrance. Or, if allowed to distribute, the entire soundset configured for the aircraft packs.
Repaint packs are self-explanatory.
The VC textures in alternate resolution may be subject to change, depending on further work on the VC.

Installation instructions would be kind of short.

Mandatory elements:
1) Base pack: SimObjects\Airplanes (or whereever else the user keeps add-on aircraft)
2) XMLTools: From the FSDeveloer website, follow included installation instructions
3) Aircraft pack: SimObjects\Airplanes (or whereever else the user keeps add-on aircraft)
4) AIRAC: Third party download, follow included installation instructions
5) Effects: FSX\Effects

Optional elements:
1) SkyHigh sounds: SimObjects\Airplanes (or follow included installation instructions)
2) Repaint packs: Follow included installation instructions
3) VC textures: Follow included installation instructions

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Heads up to François: Since I've added custom code to the engine master switches (to make them movable at all times), I'll revise the engine start procedure.

herecomesnassy

Post by herecomesnassy »

I have an issue with the sound pack. I didnt get the 'RETARD' call out before every touchdown. Its like this --> '30, 20, 10' instead of '30, 20, RETARD RETARD,...'.

Any help?

herecomesnassy

Post by herecomesnassy »

I forgot to add. All other sounds are ok except for the 'RETARD'.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Q to Bjoern, the above installation list & explanation for optional elements does not include the TCAS (Traffic Radar.dll and DLL.xml implementation). Intended?
I guess the known TCAS installation procedure remains valid as explained in the FDD Fork.

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Bjoern wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 18:54

Does spoiler axis control work for you by default?

If not, I've implemented some custom axis control code for you.
Sorry, I haven't been testing your fork, the normal FMC planes worked fine. Is the change needed to get the VC levers to line up with their real positions?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Engine startup is revised. Changes from François procedure:
- You can't start both engines at the same time (bleed air constraints)
- "Crank" mode on the engine mode selector is now operational (engage starter without igniting)
- Fuel cross feed is only required when starting, say, the left engine with the right fuel pump running, not during normal operation (removed the corresponding ECAMS checklist items)
- Autostart is still possible

herecomesnassy wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 03:46
I have an issue with the sound pack. I didnt get the 'RETARD' call out before every touchdown. Its like this --> '30, 20, 10' instead of '30, 20, RETARD RETARD,...'.

Any help?
As on the real A320, the "RETARD" call only sounds when the throttle levers are not at idle when 10 feet above ground.

wulfbindewald wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 07:52
Q to Bjoern, the above installation list & explanation for optional elements does not include the TCAS (Traffic Radar.dll and DLL.xml implementation). Intended?
I guess the known TCAS installation procedure remains valid as explained in the FDD Fork.
No, not intended. Same installation step as XMLTools.

Flyer10 wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 11:03
Sorry, I haven't been testing your fork, the normal FMC planes worked fine. Is the change needed to get the VC levers to line up with their real positions?
There's no custom code in the spoiler lever, so if it worked for you before, it's gonna work for you with the forked version.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

I know I'm driving François crazy with this, but here's more changes I'm working on.

- A sound control gauge that will be used for all 3D modeled controls (buttons on panels are unchanged). This enables users to add different and/or varied sounds to selectors, knobs and switches. One of the reasons is to add different sounds to different switch types or selectors (at the moment, most sound the same, the other is to avoid the switch sound playing when a selector is clicked, but at its maximum or minimum movement range.

- Continuing from the overhead lighting switches, most other knobs and switches are also getting new models for looking smoother and a separate material. The material uses a smaller, entirely new texture instead of the huge default one and will therfor decrease the model's memory footprint. For now, I'm concentrating on the pedestal and main panel. Glareshield and overhead will follow during their general overhaul.

- The engine master switches will have to be unlocked before they can be toggled. Unlocking is achieved by left clicking them (right clicking will lock them again) and another left click will toggle them. This is intended to avoid accidential movement of the switches in some situations.

Also, I think I've refined the FBW fix to a point where hitting the edges of the envelope will not provoke any undue shaking. And that's with less code than for my previous attempt!

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I have got the Adam Murphy's permission to distribute his 2 sounds set.

Bjoern, I wait that you complete your gauge code before change anything about init sequence (cold & dark and autoreset according ini file) otherwise I will be lost in gauge modification....

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

If someone is interested, here is the new initialization gauge : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/Init%20g ... 20file.zip

Contains :
- new A320_FMS_init.xml gauge to copy and replace existing gauge in panel folder ... A320FD-FMC folder
- Aircraft configuation file "Config_A32xFD-FMC.ini" file to copy in your FD_FMC folder (same place that FMC_Path.ini)

Config_A32xFD-FMC.ini file contains following data :
ColdAndDark,1 <-- set to 0 if you don't want cold and dark state at preflight
AutoReset,1 <-- set to 0 if you want disable Flight plan change detection and Auto Reset function
mbar,1 <-- set to 0 if you want Altimeter pressure index in Inhg and not in millibar
WeightPounds,0 <-- set to 1 if you want all weight information in Pounds (default is kg on Airbus)
Meters,0 <-- set to 1 if you want FCU altitude value in meters
BlackBox,0 <-- set to 1 if you want use blackbox reccording in a file (not working at this time)
IMPORTANT :
Don't change value's name, line's order of the file : just change values (0 or 1) without leading or trailing space

Other choice can be implemented in the future....
Last edited by fdd_fr on 15 Nov 2017, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Spend a few hours on the exterior model yesterday. The main landing gear downlock mechanism is driving me crazy. In the original FS9 model, the PA team just did something the wasn't mechanically sound (checked against a YT vid) and I at least want something that remotely looks like a correct operation.
So if anyone has detailed drawings or animations about the landing gear mechanism, I'd appreciate some help (YT videos sadly don't show all moving parts).

fdd_fr wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 07:38
I have got the Adam Murphy's permission to distribute his 2 sounds set.
That's great! Do you have the server space and bandwidth to upload a customized package to the FreeNav website?

Bjoern, I wait that you complete your gauge code before change anything about init sequence (cold & dark and autoreset according ini file) otherwise I will be lost in gauge modification....
You'll need to account for the new L: vars when writing the modified initialization sequences. You'll find them in 000_LoadSave_Vars.txt and A32x_LoadSave.xml for a list of variables and the aircraft related load/save system.
For a cold and dark init, all that'll be needed for my variables is setting (L:A32x_Aircraft_Load, bool) to "1" before my load/save gauge is run (check the gauge sequence in the panel.cfg) and then simply issuing a (>K:RELOAD AIRCRAFT) command.

Two things that I'm not planning to modify, by the way, is the autopilot modes and the FMS itself. So you can safely work on those. :)

By the way:
I'd like to move ALL aircraft system related code into dedicated gauge files (A32x_System_Fuel.xml, A32x_System_Elec.xml, A32x_System_Hyd.xml, etc.) over time to make things more organized and easier to update.

Will check out the init gauge later. I'll be away from home for the next 1.5 weeks and developing stuff on my laptop is not fun (awful keyboard), so progress will be very slow, if any.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern, I think there is a couple of time necessary to release the next update. So could You please send me in advance the few lines to be modified in the A32X_System.xml to get axis control over the flaps again with the joystick ?

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

Is it possible to change the optimal Flight level? Even FLs above FL300 are not used.
West------East
FL430-----FL410
FL390-----FL370
FL350-----FL330
FL310

Also, does anyone have a reason why the Airbus FL is always FL310 which is very low?

Also, I discover a hi res 4 engine cockpit texture in my A380 folder which is weird as it uses the poor Ruth one.

https://mega.nz/#!CRZEQZLR!JSS7PtVQI6MR ... w6Tq2WKTrE

They could be really useful if/when you decide on moving onto the quad jets. Maybe a modeller could use them for a true bigger cockpit?

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Flyer10 wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 14:26
Is it possible to change the optimal Flight level? Even FLs above FL300 are not used.
West------East
FL430-----FL410
FL390-----FL370
FL350-----FL330
FL310

Also, does anyone have a reason why the Airbus FL is always FL310 which is very low?
- A32x Max authorized FL is FL390
- Optimal FL is just an sugestion (calculated for best fuel consumption according trip distance and grossweight). You can enter in the FMC the FL of your choice, or better, a second FL in case of long flight, when aircraft will be lost some fuel weight.

If you get always FL310, this is because your flights have probably always the same distance with the same weight....

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 13:48
Bjoern, I think there is a couple of time necessary to release the next update. So could You please send me in advance the few lines to be modified in the A32X_System.xml to get axis control over the flaps again with the joystick ?

Code: Select all

<Gauge Name="A32x Hardware Controls" Version="1.0">
<!-- This gauge deals with keyboard and axis controls for the PA FDD BK A32x aircraft -->
<!-- 1. Axis controls for the flap system
"FlapLeverAxisControl" enables or disables axis control. Set to anything but zero to enable it.
"FlapAxis" contains the name of the hardware axis used to control the flap lever
"FlapAxisUpVal" is the value returned by the axis when the lever is in the most UPWARD position
"FlapAxisDownVal" is the value returned by the axis when the lever is in the most DOWNWARD position -->
<Macro Name="FlapLeverAxisControl">0</Macro>
<Macro Name="FlapAxis">joystick:0:Slider:0</Macro>
<Macro Name="FlapAxisUpVal">-32768</Macro>
<Macro Name="FlapAxisDownVal">32768</Macro>
<!-- 2. Axis controls for the spoiler system
"SpoilerLeverAxisControl" enables or disables axis control. Set to anything but zero to enable it.
"SpoilerAxis" contains the name of the hardware axis used to control the flap lever
"SpoilerAxisUpVal" is the value returned by the axis when the lever is in the most UPWARD position
"SpoilerAxisDownVal" is the value returned by the axis when the lever is in the most DOWNWARD position -->
<Macro Name="SpoilerLeverAxisControl">0</Macro>
<Macro Name="SpoilerAxis">joystick:0:Slider:0</Macro>
<Macro Name="SpoilerAxisUpVal">-32768</Macro>
<Macro Name="SpoilerAxisDownVal">32768</Macro>
<!-- FLAP SYSTEM -->
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
<!-- Axis Control for the slaps -->
<!-- Enable/disable axis control -->
@FlapLeverAxisControl (>G:Var1)
<!-- Determine interval for five positions between upper and lower value range and then create upper and lower range limits for each flap lever position -->
(G:Var1) 0 != if{
'@FlapAxis' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyName,string) (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyCaptureOn,bool)
(C:XMLKEYS:KeyValue,number) (>L:A32x HW Flaps Axis Value,number)
}

(L:A32x HW Flaps Axis Value,number) (L:A32x HW Last Flaps Axis Value,number) !=
if{ @FlapAxisUpVal @FlapAxisDownVal - 5 / s0
@FlapAxisUpVal l0 - s1
l1 l0 - s2
l2 l0 - s3
l3 l0 - s4
@FlapAxisUpVal l1 (C:XMLKEYS:KeyValue,number) rng if{ 0 (>L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) }
l1 l2 (C:XMLKEYS:KeyValue,number) rng if{ 1 (>L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) }
l2 l3 (C:XMLKEYS:KeyValue,number) rng if{ 2 (>L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) }
l3 l4 (C:XMLKEYS:KeyValue,number) rng if{ 3 (>L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) }
l4 @FlapAxisDownVal (C:XMLKEYS:KeyValue,number) rng if{ 4 (>L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) }
(L:A32x HW Flaps Axis Value,number) (>L:A32x HW Last Flaps Axis Value,number)
}
<!-- Keyboard/Event Control -->
'FLAPS_UP' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventName,string)
'0 (>L:A32x Flap Handle,enum)' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventString,string)
'FLAPS_DOWN' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventName,string)
'4 (>L:A32x Flap Handle,enum)' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventString,string)
'FLAPS_DECR' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventName,string)
'(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) -- 0 max (>L:A32x Flap Handle,enum)' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventString,string)
'FLAPS_INCR' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventName,string)
'(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) ++ 4 min (>L:A32x Flap Handle,enum)' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventString,string)
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>
<!-- SPOILER SYSTEM -->
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
<!-- Axis Control for the spoilers -->
<!-- Enable/disable axis control -->
@SpoilerLeverAxisControl (>G:Var2)
<!-- Determine interval for five positions between upper and lower value range and then create upper and lower range limits for each flap lever position -->
(G:Var2) 0 != if{
'@SpoilerAxis' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyName,string) (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyCaptureOn,bool)
(C:XMLKEYS:KeyValue,number) (>L:A32x HW Spoiler Axis Value,number)
}

(L:A32x HW Spoiler Axis Value,number) (L:A32x HW Last Spoiler Axis Value,number) !=
if{ 
(C:XMLKEYS:KeyValue,number) @SpoilerAxisUpVal abs + @SpoilerAxisUpVal abs @SpoilerAxisDownVal + 16384 / / (>K:SPOILERS_SET)

(L:A32x HW Spoiler Axis Value,number) (>L:A32x HW Last Spoiler Axis Value,number) 
}

<!-- Shift + F5 = fully retract spoilers -->
'Shift+F5' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyName,string) (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyCaptureOn,bool)
'(A:SPOILERS ARMED,bool) if{ (>K:SPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE) } 0 (>K:SPOILERS_SET)' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyString,string)
<!-- Shift + F6 = retract spoiler in increment of 5 -->
'Shift+F6' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyName,string) (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyCaptureOn,bool)
'(A:SPOILERS ARMED,bool) if{ (>K:SPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE) } (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 30 &lt; if{ 0 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) } els{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 5 - 0 max 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyString,string)
<!-- Shift + F7 = extend by increment of 5 -->
'Shift+F7' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyName,string) (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyCaptureOn,bool)
'(A:SPOILERS ARMED,bool) if{ (>K:SPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE) } (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 30 &lt; if{ 35 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) } els{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 5 + 100 min 163.83 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyString,string)
<!-- Shift + F8 = arm spoilers -->
'Shift+F8' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyName,string) (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyCaptureOn,bool)
'(>K:SPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE)' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyString,string)
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
'ENGINE_AUTO_START' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventName,string)
'(L:A32x Engine Autostart, bool) ! (>L:A32x Engine Autostart, bool)' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventString,string)
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>
</Gauge>

This is a complete gauge. Edit, save and use as necessary.

You'll also need the revised flap system code in A32x_System.xml. Replace the entire, corresponding block in your version with this one:

(A:ENG HYDRAULIC PRESSURE:1,psi) 1450 &gt; (A:ENG HYDRAULIC PRESSURE:2,psi) 1450 &gt; or (A:ENG HYDRAULIC PRESSURE:3,psi) 1450 &gt; or if{
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 0 == (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 0 != and if{ 0 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 0 (>L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) }
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 1 == (L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) 0 &lt; and
if{ (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 100 &gt; (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 1 != and if{ 1 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) }
(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 100 &lt; (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 2 != and if{ 2 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) } }
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 1 == (L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) 1 &gt; and
if{ (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 210 &gt; (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 1 != and if{ 1 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) }
(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 210 &lt; (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 2 != and if{ 2 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) } }
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 2 == (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 3 != and if{ 3 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 3 (>L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) }
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 3 == (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 4 != and if{ 4 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 4 (>L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) }
(L:A32x Flap Handle,enum) 4 == (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 5 != and if{ 5 (>C:SIMVARS:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,number) 5 (>L:A32x Flap Handle Previous,enum) } }
This will also give you the automatic 1/1+F management.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

By the way, François, have you tried XMLTables for the V speed, optimal flight level and other charts?
I find it works much better than trying to find a corresponding polynominal equation.
If you're interested and need examples, say the word. I've got V speed charts for other aircraft in table format.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

A32x...Flaps:
Thanks for the modified A32x_System.xml and corrective lines, Bjoern.
Unfortunately the flap controller does not work.
This is my current standard FSX entry in the Joystick controller Standard.XML.

<Axis>
<AxName>ZAxis</AxName>
<Index>2</Index>
<AxEvent>AXIS_FLAPS_SET</AxEvent>
<AxScale>-127</AxScale>
<AxNull>1</AxNull>
</Axis>

I have not found any "AXIS_FLAPS_SET" entry in your new files. Entry to be modified in the Standard.xml? Just a Q, because I´m not so familiar with all the coding secrets.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Of course it doesn't work if you don't adapt the axis name to your flap lever's hardware axis and enable the controller. Read the comments in the hardware control gauge file for some information.

The snippet from the standard.xml might provide a clue regarding what you're looking for. Maybe (joystick:1:rzaxis:2) or (joystick:1:zaxis:2) will work for an axis input. Don't forget to adapt the axis value range.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 00:32
Of course it doesn't work if you don't adapt the axis name to your flap lever's hardware axis and enable the controller. Read the comments in the hardware control gauge file for some information.

The snippet from the standard.xml might provide a clue regarding what you're looking for. Maybe (joystick:1:rzaxis:2) or (joystick:1:zaxis:2) will work for an axis input. Don't forget to adapt the axis value range.
Thanks, I read the comments in your A32x hardware controls.xml, but unfortunately I simply do not understand how to use it for my purposes.
How has the flap-relevant section to be modified in the standard.xml? Could you please provide a complete section for the flap purposes which could be copied and paste into the standard.xml.
Why is there a manual calibration needed, if a (joystick SW) own calibration already exists?

I hope that this difficult adjustments will be solved for your final release and that a normal sim user has only to advise the corresponding flaps to axis x or y or z and calibrate the flap axis as he is doing for other axis with the joystick own calibration tool, which is included in the provided joystick SW.
Why don´t you adopt the standard flap axis assignment in your A32x hardware control.xml?

Flyer10

Post by Flyer10 »

fdd_fr wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 16:11

- A32x Max authorized FL is FL390
- Optimal FL is just an sugestion (calculated for best fuel consumption according trip distance and grossweight). You can enter in the FMC the FL of your choice, or better, a second FL in case of long flight, when aircraft will be lost some fuel weight.

If you get always FL310, this is because your flights have probably always the same distance with the same weight....
There's two different calculations, one goes up to FL390 when empty but the other one that you click one to autofill always seems really low, even when the aircraft is empty. Not really a problem as I use the other calculation, I thought it would make sense if it went to the nearest allowable FL.

Here's the A330 FL weights I found. It may help you with the calculations for the beta version. I know you haven't done the formula yet.
FL330 - MTOW
FL350 - 470k
FL370 - 440k
FL390 - 415k
FL410 - 375k

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 13:21
If someone is interested, here is the new initialization gauge : http://freenavdbgroup.com/Temp/Init%20g ... 20file.zip

Contains :
- new A320_FMS_init.xml gauge to copy and replace existing gauge in panel folder ... A320FD-FMC folder
- Aircraft configuation file "Config_A32xFD-FMC.ini" file to copy in your FD_FMC folder (same place that FMC_Path.ini)
".....Config_A32xFD-FMC.ini" file to copy in your FD_FMC folder (same place that FMC_Path.ini)....." Do you mean the A320FD-FMC folder or the aircraft folder? I´ve not found any FD_FMC folder...

Polus_WAW

Post by Polus_WAW »

fdd_fr wrote:

Contains :

Config_A32xFD-FMC.ini file contains following data :
ColdAndDark,1 <-- set to 0 if you don't want cold and dark state at preflight
AutoReset,1 <-- set to 0 if you want disable Flight plan change detection and Auto Reset function
mbar,1 <-- set to 0 if you want Altimeter pressure index in Inhg and not in millibar
WeightPounds,0 <-- set to 1 if you want all weight information in Pounds (default is kg on Airbus)
Meters,0 <-- set to 1 if you want FCU altitude value in meters
BlackBox,0 <-- set to 1 if you want use blackbox reccording in a file (not working at this time)
IMPORTANT :
Don't change value's name, line's order of the file : just change values (0 or 1) without leading or trailing space

Other choice can be implemented in the future....
Is it applicable for ver 1.6, 2.0 beta or FORK?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 06:34
Thanks, I read the comments in your A32x hardware controls.xml, but unfortunately I simply do not understand how to use it for my purposes.
How has the flap-relevant section to be modified in the standard.xml? Could you please provide a complete section for the flap purposes which could be copied and paste into the standard.xml.
Why is there a manual calibration needed, if a (joystick SW) own calibration already exists?
The standard.xml has absolutely nothing to do with this!

Controller axis handling for the flaps is exclusively managed by A32x_Hardwarecontrol.xml and uses XMLTools (and SimConnect) to interface with the flap system in the simulator. So all that's needed is finding the name of your hardware controller's axis and play with the calibration values until you have a satisfactory result in FSX.
I hope that this difficult adjustments will be solved for your final release and that a normal sim user has only to advise the corresponding flaps to axis x or y or z and calibrate the flap axis as he is doing for other axis with the joystick own calibration tool, which is included in the provided joystick SW.
Why don´t you adopt the standard flap axis assignment in your A32x hardware control.xml?
If I used the standard controls, I'd get pretty ugly results when it comes to the automatic 1/1+F management because the hardware controller would say "put the flaps to position 1", while the aircraft logic would say "put the flaps to position 1+F". The result would be event flooding in FSX and low framerates. So I have to leave managing all aspects about the flaps to XMLTools, which, unfortunately for you, includes managing the controllers axis inputs.

The only thing I can do for you is find a small tool that will display joystick axis data to help you hack the right axis name and calibration values into the Hardwarecontrol.xml.

And generally, if users expect me to use my brain to deliver realistic add-ons, I expect them to read instructions and think a bit on their own in return. We're already working on the boundaries of what is possible with XML in FSX and can't deliver prepackaged, easy to digest solutions to everyone.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 01:30
If I used the standard controls, I'd get pretty ugly results when it comes to the automatic 1/1+F management because the hardware controller would say "put the flaps to position 1", while the aircraft logic would say "put the flaps to position 1+F". The result would be event flooding in FSX and low framerates. So I have to leave managing all aspects about the flaps to XMLTools, which, unfortunately for you, includes managing the controllers axis inputs.

The only thing I can do for you is find a small tool that will display joystick axis data to help you hack the right axis name and calibration values into the Hardwarecontrol.xml.
Yes, a good idea. Is this tool also necessary to manage spoilers and flap control with a joystick lever or is this only relevant for the flap control (due to the modified flap logic in the A32x hardware controls.xml)?

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

The tool, should I find one, is only to be used for finding axis names and axis limits that are to be put into the corresponding fields in A32x_Hardwarecontrol.xml (the complete gauge I posted [url=viewtopic.php?p=31950#p31950]here[/here]). Nothing more.

I can't make it much more clearer than that.

- Edit:

I think I found a good utility to read controller axis inputs. Not sure how it works with a separate stick and throttle controller, but it works fine for the XBox 360 controller I'm using.

http://www.freewarefiles.com/downloads_ ... amid=33788

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 17:20
I think I found a good utility to read controller axis inputs. Not sure how it works with a separate stick and throttle controller, but it works fine for the XBox 360 controller I'm using.

http://www.freewarefiles.com/downloads_ ... amid=33788
Thanks, here I found the "JoyTester", which showed on my Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant the axis values 0 - 65535.

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

Flyer10 wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 11:43

There's two different calculations, one goes up to FL390 when empty but the other one that you click one to autofill always seems really low, even when the aircraft is empty. Not really a problem as I use the other calculation, I thought it would make sense if it went to the nearest allowable FL.

Here's the A330 FL weights I found. It may help you with the calculations for the beta version. I know you haven't done the formula yet.
FL330 - MTOW
FL350 - 470k
FL370 - 440k
FL390 - 415k
FL410 - 375k
AIRBUS FCOM formula used in FD-FMC is about A320 optimal FL is :

570 - ((Aircraft gross weight in kg / 1000 ) * 3 ) with +1000 to -4000 ft.

wulfbindewald wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 16:34
fdd_fr wrote:

Contains :
".....Config_A32xFD-FMC.ini" file to copy in your FD_FMC folder (same place that FMC_Path.ini)....." Do you mean the A320FD-FMC folder or the aircraft folder? I´ve not found any FD_FMC folder...
Config_A32xFD-FMC.ini folder must be placed in "\Flight Simulator X\FD_FMC\" folder, at the same place that "FMC_path.ini" file and all your airports folder.

Polus_WAW wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 18:05

Is it applicable for ver 1.6, 2.0 beta or FORK?
Work's only with my last Beta 2.0b posted november 6th

I think that the current situation with 2 panel's versions occurs confusion so I stop currently all developpement and wait that Bjoern complete his gauge modification...

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

fdd_fr wrote:

Contains :
Just made some tests with the A320_CFM V2.0b FDD, each with a fresh FSX launch:
ColdAndDark,1: ok
ColdAndDark,0: SID + STAR can be loaded but not any approach (approach window pops up and closes immmediatly again). After going back to ColdandDark,1 and fresh FSX restart all is ok again.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 23:25
Thanks, here I found the "JoyTester", which showed on my Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant the axis values 0 - 65535.
Did you also find out the name (letter) of the flap axis on the controller?

I managed to successfully assign any axis on my XBox 360 pad to the flap axis in the hardware control gauge.

Joystick tester showed me the axes as X,Y, Z,R,U with a value range of 0 to 65535, but I had to change the axis name and value range for use in the gauge. See the following table.
"XBox 360 axis" denotes the axis name as shown in JoyTester.

XBox 360 axis | Name in "FlapAxis" macro | Value in "FlapAxisUpVal" macro | Value in "FlapAxisDownVal" macro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X                   | joystick:0:xaxis:0             | -32768                                    | 32768
Y                   | joystick:0:yaxis:0             | -32768                                    | 32768
Z                   | joystick:0:zaxis:0             | -32768                                    | 32768
R                   | joystick:0:rxaxis:0           | -32768                                    | 32768
U                   | joystick:0:ryaxis:0           | -32768                                    | 32768
The value range of -32768/32768 had to be chosen since all sticks and therefor axis on the controller are auto-centering. But since your lever does not do that, using 0 and 65535 in "FlapAxisUpVal" and "FlapAxisDownVal" should work.

Hope this provides some insight.

fdd_fr wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 10:35
I think that the current situation with 2 panel's versions occurs confusion so I stop currently all developpement and wait that Bjoern complete his gauge modification...
You can safely work on the FMC and autoflight functions since I dont want to touch them.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

JoyTester: I have concerns with the JoyTester, because I have in total 3 joysticks but it showed only one w/o any choice. The displayed axis are Z, R, U, V (no X, no Y) and Z was the only moving calibration bar for the flap lever. May be the JoyTester works only properly with one special joystick.

Furthermore I do not feel well to change numbers and words in a xml file, because of the risk to unadvertently implement new faults. Better would be to define a special hardware control config file, if finally needed.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Sorry Wulf, if you're unwilling to do something as simple as editing XML files and changing input variables until you've found the right one, I fear that you'll have to live without your hardware controller. I'm not going to change the flap system because of you.

And even if there will be a configuration file, it'll also just contain the axis names and value ranges. You'll still have to find out name and value range on your own.

(Editing configuration and XML files is one of the most basic skills required for working with MSFS add-ons.)

Re: JoyTester.
If you unplug the other controllers and start JoyTester, you will only get the inputs from your throttle quadrant. With that, you will know the axis name.
After replugging the other two devices, you can edit the XML gauge to put the axis name into the "FlapAxis" macro and then start FSX and change joystick0 to joystick1 or joystick2 and see if you get a response on the flap lever.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Thanks for your continuous support.
The unplug of the other controller does not change any JoyTester result.
What do you mean with ".....put the axis name into the "FlapAxis" macro.....", if the test-indicated axis is "Z"?
There are more than 1 entry possible in this line.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 19:01
Thanks for your continuous support.
The unplug of the other controller does not change any JoyTester result.
What do you mean with ".....put the axis name into the "FlapAxis" macro.....", if the test-indicated axis is "Z"?
There are more than 1 entry possible in this line.

<Macro Name="FlapAxis">joystick:0:zaxis:0</Macro>
Joystick0 is the first device, joystick1 the second, joystick2 the third. The rest can stay as it is if the axis is Z, i.e. joystick:0:zaxis:0, joystick:1:zaxis:0, etc.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Flap lever joystick:
I varied the joystick:0, 1, 2 as proposed. Unfortunately no success.
<Macro Name="FlapLeverAxisControl">1</Macro>
<Macro Name="FlapAxis">joystick:2:zaxis:0</Macro>
<Macro Name="FlapAxisUpVal">0</Macro>
<Macro Name="FlapAxisDownVal">65535</Macro>
May I propose to wait for the next FORK release including the latest and complete "PA A32x Common" folder.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

New forked version based on v2.0.
Not flight, only ground tested because I got the "Failed to create child window" error introduced by the latest Windows 10 update and thus was unable to complete a test flight. So some bugs might still be there.

This does not include the optional high or low resolution VC textures because I've uploading this over a mobile connection and need to save data. Extract them from an older release if you need them.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xi ... sp=sharing

READ THE README
READ THE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS IN THE README
Read the changelog in the readme

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

wulfbindewald wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 22:15
Flap lever joystick:
Have you tried varying the axis name as well? Or are you pretty sure that your flap lever is the controller's Z axis?

Try varying the value behind ":zaxis:", i.e. joystick:0:zaxis:2 to joystick:2:zaxis:2.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

Bjoern wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 22:39
wulfbindewald wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 22:15
Flap lever joystick:
Have you tried varying the axis name as well? Or are you pretty sure that your flap lever is the controller's Z axis?
Try varying the value behind ":zaxis:", i.e. joystick:0:zaxis:2 to joystick:2:zaxis:2.
All zaxis variations 0,1,2 tried yesterday too w/o success.

The new FORK creates on my end an immediate CTD already during FSX launch (WIN7/64). So I went back to the FDD version 2.0b.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

I don't know what could cause a crash during FSX startup. Everything that's supposed to be in the package is there.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

CTD - to be more precise: FSX launch is ok. When I select the corresponding aircraft ant let FSX start, then the sim asks for permission xmltools.dll and I permitted with "yes". Immediatly afterwards the sim crashs. Interesting, that I have been asked for permission now although the XMLTools.dll file is activated and works fine since months in the sim.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Wait a second, if XMLTools isn't even running properly, it's no wonder that your controller axis aren't working in the A320.

Close FSX, check that the path to XMLTools.dll in dll.xml is correct, remove all lines containing references to XMLTools.dll from the FSX.cfg, then start FSX and let it register XMLTools.

wulfbindewald

Post by wulfbindewald »

FSX: XMLTools.dll V2.0.0.1 located in FSX root.
dll.xml: XMLTools are described
FSX.cfg: I removed one existing line in the [TRUST] section containing references to XMLTools.dll
Started FSX with FORK3 from yesterday and had to trust XMLTools.dll. Then CTD.
Started A320_CFM FDD version 2.0b (with the specific PA A32x common folder) and had to trust the XMLTools.dll (!) again, now it is included in the [TRUST] section (1 x) again and FSX works.

There were no hickups relating to the XMLTools even with FORK1 and 2, only with FORK3 (from yesterday).
I guess, if there would be XMLTools.dll props, then the FMC from Francois won´t work.