Airbus A321 Takeoff Performance

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
Lrusso

Airbus A321 Takeoff Performance

Post by Lrusso »

So this is not really a support issue sort of just a question.

I loaded up your A321 (Beautiful Spirit Colors until I get the paintkit and throw my fake livery on there) went to KISP and took off on runway 6. I had 181 Passengers aboard and 25% fuel load. Id say the take off roll was 6,400 feet at FLAPS 1+F.

Airbus specs the A321 for MTOW at SEA LEVEL - 7,150 FT. Do you think that is FLAPS 3 performance?

cgsmithmo

Re: Airbus A321 Takeoff Performance

Post by cgsmithmo »

I was thinking the same thing. It takes forever to climb to FL350, 75% PAX, 50% fuel. Maybe it is indeed accurate, being it is a stretched A319/320???

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

Well that depends on what you mean by "forever" :geek: . With a load like that I'd assume a TOW of about 175000lbs or so? In that situation you should have a climb of about 28-30 minutes to get to 350.

Regarding the original post, I can't be sure since I don't have any takeoff distance charts. Though it would vary a lot depending on airport elevation, temperature, etc. My hunch is that their MTOW takeoff distance is probably at least Flaps 2 if not Flaps 3.

Lrusso

Post by Lrusso »

Derek Mayer wrote:Well that depends on what you mean by "forever" :geek: . With a load like that I'd assume a TOW of about 175000lbs or so? In that situation you should have a climb of about 28-30 minutes to get to 350.

Regarding the original post, I can't be sure since I don't have any takeoff distance charts. Though it would vary a lot depending on airport elevation, temperature, etc. My hunch is that their MTOW takeoff distance is probably at least Flaps 2 if not Flaps 3.
Thanks Derek! I have no climb performance issue. :D

anels9

Post by anels9 »

Yeah me neither. ^