A320 won't Slow Down!

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
NZpilot12

A320 won't Slow Down!

Post by NZpilot12 »

I have mergd the PA A320 with the wilco panel and for a while now I cannot get the aircraft to slow down for the approach. :x Is it me or the aircraft?

Thanks
Evan

AirNewZealand_A320

Re: A320 won't Slow Down!

Post by AirNewZealand_A320 »

Mate, youll need to be waay more specific then that.

NZpilot12

Post by NZpilot12 »

What would you like to know?

eddm

Post by eddm »

I second that. I experienced this also with PA's new A321. It is very hard to slow the Aircraft down when on approach or final (normal slope, no steep angle), even with the spoilers deployed and thrust on idle! I also use the PSS panel, but I did not make any modification on the PA- FDE and I use manual throttle and no AT!

Maybe there has to be made an adjustment in the aircraft.cfg (drag section). Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Same here with the PA 321 and the Ken Mitchell (or something like that) panel. Besides almost no reduction in speed even with spoilers full out, I also have the problem that the A321 climbs with a maximum of 1000ft/s even completely empty. Something must be wrong regarding FDE there...

NZpilot12

Post by NZpilot12 »

I found the problem. Don't swap the .air files. i used the wilco one and that's what made the a320 hard to slow down. Keep the original .air file.

MBerger

Post by MBerger »

Hi,

I have the same problem as described above. I use the PA321 with Lufthansa paint and made no changes on any file.
I am not able to reduce speed, with speed brakes set full i nearly have no speed changes on descent with a rate of 1800-200 feet per minute.

Can anyone help me with that problem?

Regards

MB

Alexair

Post by Alexair »

Hello guys,

Well, at 1800 to 2000 ft/min and in clean configuration, you will have a very small chance of slowing down indeed. The Boeing 767-600ER from Level-D is about to be the same.
Airbus aircraft are kind of sleek and you better prepare the approach before intercepting the ILS.

Try this maybe (not a real procedure though, just mine):

Already in APP mode in the FMGC, try to intercept the LOC about 10-12 nm out on level altitude at 210 kts with flaps 1 (mean just the slats). Then when established on LOC and while waiting for the glide reduce to 180 kts and select flaps 2, then when glide active go with gear down and flaps 3 (Vref should be already selected), then flaps 3 anytime on the glide. Should be ok.

I have indeed a problem slowing down the plane on a steep approach like at Sion (LSGS) and Chambery (LFLB) where the glides are quite steep. I'm just making sure that I have anough drags before the glide is coming in (usually gear and full flaps).

I tried both .AIR file (Wilco and PA) and found very little differences on slowing down the plane. However, I found a very big difference on engine spooling time (quite too slow with the PA .AIR) so I kept the Wilco .AIR file.

Just my 2 cents...

Happy New Year guys...

Alex