A380 VC

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
karlli1221

A380 VC

Post by karlli1221 »

Hi everyone,
Trust me, Im desparate. can anyone please tell me where is the NAV/GPS switch? the manual says its the AP2 but clearly it's not.
Also, the autopilot doesn't seem to control the plane very well :? I can see SPEED V/S+100 ALT and NAV at the top of the PFD but somehow i still have to control the plane manually (apart from the throttles). I just can't fly the A380 without a 2D panel :(. I wanted to do a normal IFR just like the old days, switching to GPS mode then press nav hold. I can't even get the approach switch to work :oops: ..

I have spent an hour n half to try to learn it with the manual but not much of success... I hope someone can help me :(
Thanks in advance

airbusler

Re: A380 VC

Post by airbusler »

Hi dear community

I need some help too I have just downloaded the new base pack and copied all files into my existing folders and replaced them with the latest files and changed the aircraft.cfg too.

I have copied all folders into my aircraft-directory.

When I start FS2004 I don't have the 2D and VC-Cockpit.

Where is my mistake?

Is there a instruction how to install the VC in the A380?

Thanks for helping me.

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

airbusler wrote:Hi dear community

I need some help too I have just downloaded the new base pack and copied all files into my existing folders and replaced them with the latest files and changed the aircraft.cfg too.

Where is my mistake?

Thanks for helping me.
I tried that but eventually I decided to scrap EVERYTHING about PA A380 then used the new one. Use the new one and download some livery. use the installer and happy flying :)

GE90115B1

Post by GE90115B1 »

About the NAV/GPS swich. Click the "LOC" button below the HDG knob and press the "LS" button directly under the barometer knob. Doing these two things will activate the GPS tracking.

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

GE90115B1 wrote:About the NAV/GPS swich. Click the "LOC" button below the HDG knob and press the "LS" button directly under the barometer knob. Doing these two things will activate the GPS tracking.
THANKS SO MUCH DUDE!! I thought LS is ILS missing the I :oops: (btw i like your name :D )

airbusler

Post by airbusler »

karlli1221 wrote:
airbusler wrote:Hi dear community

Where is my mistake?

Thanks for helping me.
I tried that but eventually I decided to scrap EVERYTHING about PA A380 then used the new one. Use the new one and download some livery. use the installer and happy flying :)
OK, I will try that tomorrow. ;)

Thanks for helping me. I hope that works for me too :)

THEA380MAN

Post by THEA380MAN »

The only issue im having is in both FSX and FS9 the glareshields textures are weired and the knobs have buttons on them but otherwise it realy is great

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

In FSX this is normal, you shouldn't be seeing buttons on the knobs in FS9 though.

THEA380MAN

Post by THEA380MAN »

Yeah

Alpha45

Post by Alpha45 »

Thx PA team for this awesome model and VC . After doing few tests i noticed that the Lower ECAM center display does not show the F CTL as said on manual , i tried clicking the F CTL switch but it shows fuel . Iam not sure if missed somthin or there is a bug .

Thank You

esg

Post by esg »

The F/CTL page is only there with the VAS gauges

makotosan

Post by makotosan »

I have the same problem with gps tracking. So I took out the lines for the autopilot and put my own ap in and it's working fine.
Even got her to track both GPS and ILS

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

makotosan wrote:I have the same problem with gps tracking. So I took out the lines for the autopilot and put my own ap in and it's working fine.
Even got her to track both GPS and ILS
use the LS button. i have done 60+ ILS after knowing THAT WAS THE NAV/GPS switch ;)

Kurosaki

Post by Kurosaki »

karlli1221 wrote:
GE90115B1 wrote:About the NAV/GPS swich. Click the "LOC" button below the HDG knob and press the "LS" button directly under the barometer knob. Doing these two things will activate the GPS tracking.
THANKS SO MUCH DUDE!! I thought LS is ILS missing the I :oops: (btw i like your name :D )

Ok, Can someone tell me if there is a way to advance waypoints this this mode? I activate it, and the plane swings around and seems to attempt to go the first waypoint. I LOVE this plane, but would fly it so much more if I could control the autopilot more. Thanks