Installing New a380 Wont show up

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
akabam

Installing New a380 Wont show up

Post by akabam »

When i downloaded the package i put all the file correctly and installed the textures but it wont show up on fs9 any ideas?

Kurosaki

Re: Installing New a380 Wont show up

Post by Kurosaki »

Yeah, me neither. I got it to work at first, but now, nothing.

esg

Post by esg »

Step 1– Unzip the base pack in the Aircraft folder
Step 2– Unzip a livery in the Aircraft folder and note the name of the folder the livery's contained in (-841/-842 if it's RR, -861 if it's EA)
Step 3– Run the batch script inside that folder
Step 4– There's no step 4

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

Having downloaded and followed the instructions, as always, for the Project Airbus models, there is a problem with the A380 NOT showing as "Project Airbus" when creating a flight. The downloads page hyperlink was directing to the incorrect avsim page yesterday, but the appropriate link from within this forum in connection with the VC also had a problem. Having downloaded the base pack into the Aircraft folder, then a livery for Air France, the procedure was followed to install it. Surprise, it did not show up as Project Airbus in the create a flight list! Also, the Aircraft Config file gave the same information as the backup file!!!

This morning, my time, I note a comment that the files were re-uploaded, etc. Therefore, having uninstalled all the A380 and vasFMC files, I followed the same procedure to install. There is still no mention of Project Airbus and the Aircraft Config and the back up still read the same!!!

Perhaps there is someone who can explain this and is there a possibility to overcome it?

Thank you
S

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

Are you using Windows 7? The installer might be failing, see this post: http://www.pairbus.com/discussion/viewt ... 137#p11574

This might apply to Vista as well I'm not sure.

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

Using WindowsXP. It is part of a networked system and all computers must be able to read the files throughout.

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

Just a continuation: Still not possible for the livery installer to work correctly. I run FS9 from an external drive attached to the main computer by USB. This has never caused me any concerns for other installations. Therefore it is still not possible to see the A380-800 in FS9.

To test to see if the the installer will actually work at all, within the confines of the host computer, I downloaded the base pack on to the main drive, outside of FS9. I then downloaded the Air France livery. Using the installer it worked and the liverery was installed and the Aircraft Config file accepted the changes. So far so good!!!

I then dragged all the folders to FS9. Within the simulator itself there was Project Airbus and the A380-800 just waiting to be used - not! The aircraft loaded, but neither the livery (only the naked aircraft) nor the 2D cockpit were there and only the shell of the 3D with no guages. What went wrong?

Certainly the base A380-800 panels are not being located, although the livery is in the A380-861 folder. Anymore feedback would be most welcolm, thank you

esg

Post by esg »

Could you copy and paste the messages the command prompt spits out here?

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

It is in MS Dos and cannot be cut pasted. It says one file copied and goes no further! However, when I carried out the same outside of FS it went on to say something like 35 files copied and installation complete.

Kurosaki

Post by Kurosaki »

reinstall worked. I attempted to merge the aircraft into a single folder but that probably screwed stuff up. I'll attempt again later.

esg

Post by esg »

sauviat wrote:It is in MS Dos and cannot be cut pasted. It says one file copied and goes no further! However, when I carried out the same outside of FS it went on to say something like 35 files copied and installation complete.
It sounds like the script's failing to get the path to the external. Now why it wouldn't work when you've run the batch script on your main drive—your guess is as good as mine.

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

I appreciate the responses and it is becoming frustrating that it is not possible to pin point where the problem lies. Perhaps you can tell me what I should be looking for as it installs. For example what should the Command Script say when it has installed, etc?

esg

Post by esg »

Code: Select all

1 file(s) copied.
37 File(s) copied

---------- AIRCRAFT.CFG: 0
aircraft.cfg
_Livery.afr
        1 file(s) copied.
aircraft.cfg
_Livery1.afr
        1 file(s) copied.
aircraft.cfg
_Livery2.afr
        1 file(s) copied.

INSTALLED 1 LIVERY!

Press any key to continue . . .

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

That's what it was when I undertook the process outside of FS9. I knew it said 35 or 37 files.

esg

Post by esg »

Well, if you could take a pic of the livery's texture folder in list view and paste the [fltsim] sections from the bottom of the Aircraft.cfg here, I should be able to tell you what to do to get it working.

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

This is based on: "I then dragged all the folders to FS9. Within the simulator itself there was Project Airbus and the A380-800 just waiting to be used - not! The aircraft loaded, but neither the livery (only the naked aircraft) nor the 2D cockpit were there and only the shell of the 3D with no guages."

I appreciate the time you are giving me for this, thank you.

[fltsim.0]
title = Project Airbus A380-861 AirFrance F-HPJB WV
sim = air_a380
model = wv_ea
panel =
sound =
texture = afr_f-hpjb
atc_id = F-HPJB
atc_airline = Air France
atc_flight_number = 1981
ui_manufacturer = Project Airbus
ui_type = A380-861
ui_variation = AirFrance (F-HPJB) (wingview)
description =
atc_parking_types = GATE
atc_parking_codes = AFR

[fltsim.1]
title = Project Airbus A380-861 AirFrance F-HPJB VC PAgauges
sim = air_a380
model = vc_ea
panel = pa
sound =
texture = afr_f-hpjb
atc_id = F-HPJB
atc_airline = Air France
atc_flight_number = 1981
ui_type = A380-861
ui_variation = AirFrance (F-HPJB) (VC, PA)
description =
atc_parking_types = GATE
atc_parking_codes = AFR

[fltsim.2]
title = Project Airbus A380-861 AirFrance F-HPJB VC VASFMCgauges
sim = air_a380
model = vc_ea
panel = vas
sound =
texture = afr_f-hpjb
atc_id = F-HPJB
atc_airline = Air France
atc_flight_number = 1981
ui_type = A380-861
ui_variation = AirFrance (F-HPJB) (VC, VAS)
description =
atc_parking_types = GATE
atc_parking_codes = AFR

esg

Post by esg »

Rename the texture folder to 'texture.afr_f-hpjb' (sans the inverted commas)

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

It is texture.afr_f-hpjb but because Windows Explorer does not give the full address in the heading due to a long address you are only seeing up to ...texture.af...

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

Hello ESG.

I have carried out the same installation for the 'texture.uae_a6-eda' (without quotes), as for 'texture.afr_f-hpjb'. Sorry to say that it is exactly the same.

I can clarify something that the installer did in fact install into FS9. It took 10 minutes for the Command to show up in MS-DOS after the "1 file(s) copied" to the "37 file(s) copied".

So the situation remains that there is no 2D cockpit and a blank shell for the VC. The liveries do show, it was taking an excessive amount of time to load them!

Am I missing something... where are the guages in the VC? For the 2D panel just not being there, I am at a loss to understand that.

Thanks S

AnkH

Post by AnkH »

So, another simple guide without any additional routines:

1. Download Basepack and wathever livery you want
2. Unzip in whatever folder, all what you have. There should be now a 4 foulders, A380-800, A380-841, A380-842 and A380-861.
3. Move the four folders in your aircraft folder of FS9
4. In the -800 folder, all basepack things are there (vc panel, gauges, textures etc.). The other three are the variants depending on the airline.
5. check for which variant your repaints are (AF uses -861 i guess) and move your texture folders of the specific airlines in the correct (!) variant of the A380, eg AF in the A380-861 folder. Name it texture.af as an example
6. open aircraft.cfg of the variant and add a fltsim section (hope you know how this works...), check that in title=xxxxx you have PAgauges or VASgauges added at the end (with space and case sensitive!!! eg: title=A380-861 Air France PAgauges)
7. make sure that all the entries are correct, especially sim=air_a380, model=vc_ea (or vc_rr for -841 and -842 variants), texture=af (or however the texture folder of your airline repaint is called) and, very important, panel=pa
8. Copy all the textures of the basepack (A380-800) texture folder into your airline texture folder in the variant (eg. A380-861/texture) WITHOUT overwriting the existing files. If your livery does not show up anymore, you did not read to the end: copy the basepack textures WITHOUT overwriting ;)
9. have fun!

Especially for sauviat: what you miss is the vc textures in your airline texture folders: do as described under point 8. above ;-)

BTW: you DO know that there is no 2D Panel, right?

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

The VC shell has colour and places where there are guages, knobs, etc, but none of the switches are interactive! The battery switch to bring the power on just does not want to play ball.

This is the same for the PA and the VAS on both Emerates and Air France models.

For the 2D cockpit, I just wanted to be sure that that nothing was meant to be there.

Now I have an aircraft but not a functional cockpit.

AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Works perfectly for me. As I did "install" according to the guide I've written down, you must do something wrong, sorry to say. Last guess: you have your Viewpoint because of whatever reason within the seat, like this, the buttons would not be functional but still visible like normal. Try to move a little bit around in the VC and check if the buttons are still not working. And you are aware about the fact that some buttons work only with a remarkable lag (like radios) or that you can turn it right by rightclick and left by leftclic?

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

AnkH, The whole Pairbus A380-800 has now been uninstalled. The intention is to isolate the installation next time round.

As to movements around the VC and left and right clicking, I am aware of. I have been using MSFS since the applemacs of the very early 90's, and my hangar has some very complex aircraft and panels. There is obviously something amiss in the installation, but it has been possible to point it to the fact that it is only recently where FS has been taken off the main PC and fully loaded onto an external harddrive. hence the extended waiting time for things to happen.

As always one has to persevere and not give up. I will report back with my findings having followed your overall instructions.

Thank you. S

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

Having completely uninstalled everything connected to the A380-800, including the seperate vasFMC, it has now been reinstalled!

Nice PA cockpit and a nice VAS cockpit - but no pressable or clickable swithches, buttons or knobs on either cockpit. Is there a magic switch, somewhere, to get the cockpits to come alive. Moving around the cockpit and zooming in and out of every switch, button and knob to no avail.

Cold and dark cockpits I like, but not even the battery switches function to put some light on to the panel. It does not help by not knowing which switches, buttons and knobs are meant to function and which are not, but I can say none of them are functioning at present.

It is pleasing that there are those out there that have installed and everything is functioning as it should be - good blue skies to you!

The good news is that it it is installed, so the question now is how to get it operational?

Thanks S

sauviat

Post by sauviat »

It is a pleasure to give you this update!

Obviously, I was still having the same problem and had to go back and look at the downloand themselves. Yes, there was a big issue in what was first released and then when the VC was released. The original pairbus thread for the VC gave links and, of course, the "read me" texts. However over the past few days downloads have changed and the avsim batch of four liveries did not help. There was a mix-match of downloads. This is where my problems began. Although I prefer to download from a developer's site, avsim seems to accept everything and everyone that is producing something. Quantity rather than quality in my opinion.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I tried by uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but to no avail. The good people who responded; I did in fact try out their valid advices and it was this that made me revisit the downloads themselves.

I now have the model reinstalled from a fresh pairbus download directly and, yes, it is all there with 'bells and whistles'. Now to look at everything in perspective with the operations and advices given on the threads here and the manual.

I would like to say a big thank you for those of you that assisted here and to those that have been reading the thread that may have assisted them.

Thank You. S

kubaz

Post by kubaz »

Hi all
I just installed all and i have problem..when I load plane its just rotates around its own axis..
whats the problem?