A380 VC and FSNAV

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
chanbasti

A380 VC and FSNAV

Post by chanbasti »

Are they in any way compatible? I was doing a short euro-hop and when I engaged FSNav's "Fly FP" function nothing happened. I tried manually stepping the plane through different waypoints in FSNav, and the plane accepted FSNav's altitude change, and vertical speed change, and airspeed change inputs, but it did not accept heading changes. Any ideas why this is happening, or how to "fix" it?

Chan

I forgot to say Thank You So Much for this great looking VC, and for a Fantastic airplane in general. You guys are TOPS!!!
Last edited by chanbasti on 14 Aug 2011, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

chanbasti

Re: A380 VC and FSNAV

Post by chanbasti »

It may also be of note that while FSNav's "Fly FP" function is engaed it is not possible to manually alter the plane's heading from within FSNav either. Any attempt to enter a new heading in FSNav's "heading" box is revoked and the heading is reset to the previous heading. IF I change that heading on the AFS console in the VC however, that change is not revoked by FSNav, rather it is accepted and entered into the FSNav "heading" box. I'm not sure I'm doing a very good job of explaining the problem...but I hope it's good enough.

Chan

Kurosaki

Post by Kurosaki »

Yeah...I was wondering about this as well...I use FSNAV for pretty much everything as I build a lot of flight plans with it. Any chance there is a way to allow it to over ride the PA or VAS panel functions?

chanbasti

Post by chanbasti »

not as far as I've seen. I haven't tried using FS's default flight planning tool to plan a flight plan and fly it. That may or may not work, either way the flight plan won't be as good as a FSNav plan.

Can someone who built this great VC please get back to us on this. We'd really appreciate your help.

Chan