Guide: A380 VC in FSX

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
anonymouse91

Guide: A380 VC in FSX

Post by anonymouse91 »

Anyone having problems installing the VC into FSX, try this:

Note: This is not a FSX native model so you may experience bugs

For this guide, I'm assuming you are installing the VC into an existing A380.

1) If you haven't already, download the VC package (found in the FS9 base package here) and unzip it

2) In the unzipped files, go into the 'Project Airbus A380-800' folder and copy the following folders to your existing A380's folder:
  • texture (if it asks to overwrite, allow it)
    panel.pa
    panel.vas

and one of the following:
    model.vc_ea (for EA engines)
    model.vc_rr (for RR engines)
3) Make the following changes to your aircraft.cfg file for the fltsim.x entry you want to add the VC to (I'd advise backing up the original first):
  • i) Add either PAgauges or VASFMCgauges to the end of the title line (not 100% sure if this is required)
    ii) Set the model line to either vc_ea or vc_rr (based on which model folder you copied)
    iii) Set the panel line to either pa or vas
That should be it :)

Edit: I've just tried adding a dark grey to the alpha channel on the window texture file (VC_A380_glass_t.bmp) and it seems to have fixed the "opaque windows at night" problem. If you don't know how to do this, download this and drop it into your A380's texture folder (backup the original first just in case)

Also, if your windows turn blue when it rains, see here
Last edited by anonymouse91 on 23 Aug 2011, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

NEODARK

Re: Guide: A380 VC in FSX

Post by NEODARK »

Amazing. this is exactly what I was hoping someone could do. Thanks soooooo much, I really appreciate it. If I could I'd buy you a beer. Sure, there are a few bugs... (can't see out of windows at night, DX10 preview shows not extures, but works on DX9) all this doesn't matter, it's worth it.

Thanks again for the tutorial and the PA guys. :D

Vaughnus

Post by Vaughnus »

Tried this method and it is still not appearing in the game. :(

Srilanka

Post by Srilanka »

1- Download the base pack of the VC http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19166044/downlo ... 0110813.7z
2- Extract them to Sim Objects/Airplane in your FSX Folder
( There would be 4 files that you have pasted there { Project Airbus A380-800,
Project Airbus A380-841,Project Airbus A380-A342 and Project AIrbus A380-861)
3- Choose a livery http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19166044/downlo ... 0110812.7z ( This is Emirates Livery )
4- Extract it to your SimObject/Airplane folder and make click "yes" to any pop-ups!
5- Now go to the folder that youve extracted it to ( in this case it would be the Project Airbus A380-861 folder and run the Livery_Installer_PA.bat and your done...

Hope this works...

anonymouse91

Post by anonymouse91 »

NEODARK wrote:Thanks again for the tutorial
No problem :)
Vaughnus wrote:Tried this method and it is still not appearing in the game. :(
If it isn't appearing when you go to the 'Virtual Cockpit' view, it's most likely using the wrong model. Make sure that you've copied over one of the model folders (model.vc_ea or model.vc_rr) which should have a mdl file and a model.cfg file inside, and make sure the model line in aircraft.cfg is set to either vc_ea or vc_rr, like so:

Alternatively, try a new "installation" with Srilanka's instructions above :)

a125

Post by a125 »

wow this is exactly what I have been looking for, thanks...

the only unfortunate part is it doesn't work for me :(

I follow these steps but only get a white plane... and the VC is there but its all just white

anonymouse91

Post by anonymouse91 »

a125 wrote:wow this is exactly what I have been looking for, thanks...

the only unfortunate part is it doesn't work for me :(

I follow these steps but only get a white plane... and the VC is there but its all just white
Could you check your FSX Display settings and make sure 'Preview DirectX 10' is unchecked. Hopefully that should fix it ;)

a125

Post by a125 »

Ohhh, that fixed it but now when I go to the VC i can see everything but I cant see out the windows. It is just brown

anonymouse91

Post by anonymouse91 »

a125 wrote:Ohhh, that fixed it but now when I go to the VC i can see everything but I cant see out the windows. It is just brown
I'm guessing you tried during night? Unfortunately brown windows at night is one of the issues with the VC in FSX :(

a125

Post by a125 »

oh there we go, thank you very much for this!

Delta 757

Post by Delta 757 »

Hello,

i have a question about the vc in FSX:

Is the following in FSX normal: ?

with VAS:

with PA:

And the Autopilot dont work...

I hope you can help me. Thanks

anonymouse91

Post by anonymouse91 »

Delta 757 wrote:Hello,

i have a question about the vc in FSX:

Is the following in FSX normal: ?
It seems pretty much the same as mine although make sure that the variant that uses the PA gauges has PAgauges at the end of the title line (case sensitive). That should bring back your E/WD.

momo7747

Post by momo7747 »

GRRRR, I have followed the instructions but my whole VC has come up black! I can only see the gauges. Can someone PLEASE help me

Srilanka

Post by Srilanka »

@ momo7747 its most likey a texture problem...Make sure you put the paints into the correct vairents..

Keiffer94

Post by Keiffer94 »

Give it a break guys. The PA Team is bound to come out with a FSX native VC Model, but until then they are taking a much needed rest.
Lets be grateful they even did a VC. While I know their are some bugs, we do you expect, this model IS NOT meant for FSX. Give them some time.
Eventually they will get to us, FSX users.
P.S. I am going on a limb here by saying that they are going to make a FSX model. My gut feeling is that they will in the future.

momo7747

Post by momo7747 »

Srilanka wrote:@ momo7747 its most likey a texture problem...Make sure you put the paints into the correct vairents..
not too sure what that means

anonymouse91

Post by anonymouse91 »

Keiffer94 wrote:Give it a break guys. The PA Team is bound to come out with a FSX native VC Model, but until then they are taking a much needed rest.
Lets be grateful they even did a VC. While I know their are some bugs, we do you expect, this model IS NOT meant for FSX. Give them some time.
Eventually they will get to us, FSX users.
P.S. I am going on a limb here by saying that they are going to make a FSX model. My gut feeling is that they will in the future.
Just to be clear, I'm not asking the PA team to participate in this thread. I made this guide for those who understand that using the VC in FSX is unsupported and buggy, but still want to try it.
momo7747 wrote:
Srilanka wrote:@ momo7747 its most likey a texture problem...Make sure you put the paints into the correct vairents..
He means that you're probably missing the VC textures. Make sure that all the files (especially those beginning with VC_) from the 'Project Airbus A380-800/Texture' folder have been copied into your A380's Texture folder.

momo7747

Post by momo7747 »

momo7747 wrote:
He means that you're probably missing the VC textures. Make sure that all the files (especially those beginning with VC_) from the 'Project Airbus A380-800/Texture' folder have been copied into your A380's Texture folder.[/quote]

Ahhhhhh, got ya. Thanks :D

rasonchia

Post by rasonchia »

I did it via another way and it works

1. Download the base package from the pairbus website(fs9)
2.Download a livery for the A380
____________________________________Do not do anything yet_______________________________________________
3. Create a folder in the fsx root folder -- C: Program files/ Microsoft Games/ Microsoft flight simlulator
4. Name that folder "Aircraft"
5. Go to your fsx.cfg file ... normally in User/app data/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX
6. Open fsx.cfg with notepad
7. scroll down and look for
[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

8. NOw add another line

SimObjectPaths.6=Aircraft

NOw it would become

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=Aircraft

UNzip and extract the base model(4 folders) into the "Aircraft" folder and extract the livery to its respective model
Run the bat file and now you will see the plane in FSX...

:D

Tampa

Post by Tampa »

Hello,

vas-project has closed down and i dont have the latest vasfmc, does anyone have an alternate download link?

Peace.

Mrcaptain737

Post by Mrcaptain737 »

Hello
i installed the VASFMCgauges
but where can i find the mcdu?
becuase under the E\DW left there are a few things but cant get on the mcdu with that?

Mrcaptain737

Post by Mrcaptain737 »

Is there anyway that i can have the PAgauges but that i can get an FMC with it?
is there created any FMC with the PAgauges or do i need to install the VASFMCgauges ..
the problem is when i want to fly with the VASFMCgauges that i cannot get on the MCDU where is that could someone please help me?

markm24

Post by markm24 »

still no Virtual Cockpit suitable for FSX (no bugs, either vasFMC or PA panel). For PA panel, i admit "facked" made corrections in the PA panel intended for fs9, but still it drops the frame rate. Can someone confirm that your also working with "virtual cockpit for FSX" (vasFMC or PA panel). Truly suitable for FSX (no bugs, fps drop, etc). Please comment guys (PA team, admins, etc.).

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Deal with it, they're not working on it.

Aibusilot

Post by Aibusilot »

Please update the fix link