Several issues with FS9 PA A380?

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
jensi76pa380

Several issues with FS9 PA A380?

Post by jensi76pa380 »

Hello together!

I've found some issues of the FS9 PA A380.
Can anybody of you please be so kind and help me?
These are the issus:

1. If the autopilot is disengaged, the autotrim (i.e. fly by wire system) does not keep the bank angle constant. -> The bank angle is very slowly changing. -> After a while the bank angle has reached the maximum allowed bank angle.

2. If I (manually) engage the spoilers, I cannot see the indication in the E/WD. I can only the indication of armed spoilers.

3. If flaps are set to 1+F, 2, 3 or FULL and gear is not down, a warning sound occurs. -> After takeoff (e.g. flaps 2) and positive climb rate (-> gear retracting) this warning sound occurs without plausible cause.

4. I couldn't find a working fuel selector switch in this aircraft. The buttons in the overhead panel are not clickable. Even in the FS9's menu I couldn't find fuel selection settings.

5. The HUD option does not work. I've installed the HGSA HUD gauge and added "gauge65=jg_hgsa, 301,0,302,311" to the panel configuration file under section "vcockpit00". However, I cannot see the HUD in the virtual cockpit.

6. The windshield wiper switches are detected if the mouse pointer points to them. However, they do not change their state when I click on them. -> No wiper activation possible.

7. The heading setting of the autopiot is not saved in the flight file.

8. Central lower ECAM: This display flickers on the left side if the fuel display is active. If I change to the hydraulics display, green bars (display errors) become visible.

It would be great if you could comment these issues. Maybe you can tell me the cause of these issues.
Thanks a lot in advance!
jensi76pa380

Ordo ab Chao

Re: Several issues with FS9 PA A380?

Post by Ordo ab Chao »

I have the same Probs.
The gear Warning if the Flaps are down and Gear is up, is really annoying, especially for takeoffs.
But i really gonna hate this autopilot-bug. Just as the autopilot is disengaged you can not control the aircraft as well as the autopilot was never be engaged. The aircraft reacts 2-3sec after you have pull or push the joystick and then harder then it normally would.
It would be really really great if someone has a solution just for the autopilot problem.

Sorry for my english.
greetings ordo

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

jensi76pa380 wrote: These are the issues:

1. If the autopilot is disengaged, the autotrim (i.e. fly by wire system) does not keep the bank angle constant. -> The bank angle is very slowly changing. -> After a while the bank angle has reached the maximum allowed bank angle.
2. If I (manually) engage the spoilers, I cannot see the indication in the E/WD. I can only the indication of armed spoilers.
3. If flaps are set to 1+F, 2, 3 or FULL and gear is not down, a warning sound occurs. -> After takeoff (e.g. flaps 2) and positive climb rate (-> gear retracting) this warning sound occurs without plausible cause.
4. I couldn't find a working fuel selector switch in this aircraft. The buttons in the overhead panel are not clickable. Even in the FS9's menu I couldn't find fuel selection settings.
5. The HUD option does not work. I've installed the HGSA HUD gauge and added "gauge65=jg_hgsa, 301,0,302,311" to the panel configuration file under section "vcockpit00". However, I cannot see the HUD in the virtual cockpit.
6. The windshield wiper switches are detected if the mouse pointer points to them. However, they do not change their state when I click on them. -> No wiper activation possible.
7. The heading setting of the autopiot is not saved in the flight file.
8. Central lower ECAM: This display flickers on the left side if the fuel display is active. If I change to the hydraulics display, green bars (display errors) become visible.
1,2&3. Gary will explain how this works if needed
4. If it isn't in the FS9 default commands, it's not in the VC. Not all buttons are clickable
5. Go to your aircraft.cfg and add to the title section HUDL or HUDR for the left and right HUD respectively. If you want to, add them both. Here;s an example: Project Airbus A380-800 Air France HUDL HUDR
6. The switches work OK here
7. It's an FS9 issue, it just saves the A/C altitude, heading and speed. AP settings have to be reinserted
8. Should comment on that

Before Gary comments, though, I have to say that nos. 1-2 and 8 are problems I havn't faced. Did you download the official base pack from pairbus.com or avsim.com? If yes, did you follow the installation instructions properly?
I'm asking that because various people are taking pieces from various packages and redistribute them themselves. Therefore they usually miss a file or two, or don't make the proper .cfg edits that we know are needed. And you get such problems. :D

esg

Post by esg »

3 is an issue with the FDE. I'm no FDE guru so I've no idea what it is, exactly

8 is a known issue

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

As for point 3 you have to play with the flap_limit_power setting in the gear_warning_system section of the aircraft.cfg. I would start with a value >25, this should work fine with flaps <=2, for flaps 3 and FULL you have to use a higher value, or you can disable the gear warning if you set gear_warning_available to 0.

esg

Post by esg »

There you go. Thanks, Chris

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

As for point 8: I have fixed the flickering - it was caused by a very small text box problem in the EWD, which caused an overlay problem in the SD. I cannot attach a file here in the forums though, but if an Admin or Mod could contact me via email, I could send him the corrected ecam.xml.

jensi76pa380

Post by jensi76pa380 »

Hello together,
Thank you very much for your recent replies.
Below is the latest state of the issues. The list contains the description of three new (!) issues and my fix of an older issue.
Alexis, ChrisK and Gary: Can you please help me with the open issues?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

*** rejected issues ***

4. Topic: Couldn't find a working fuel selector switch in this aircraft. The buttons in the overhead panel are not clickable. Even in the FS9's menu I couldn't find fuel selection settings.
-----> issue rejected (switch is not in the VC since switch is not in the FS9 default commands)

6. Topic: The windshield wiper switches are detected if the mouse pointer points to them. However, they do not change their state when I click on them. -> No wiper activation possible.
-----> issue rejected (right mouse click is necessary)

7. Topic: The heading setting of the autopiot is not saved in the flight file.
-----> issue rejected (FS9 issue)

*** fixed issues (fixed by myself) ***

0. Topic: PFD of PA380 (not of vasfmc): When I push the stick, the PDF horizon angle goes from 0° to approx. -7.5° (no issue). But if I continue to push the stick at this point, the angle jumps back to approx. -5° (issue). Then the angle behaves continuously while keeping the stick still pushed. -> After the jump at approx. -7.5° the gauge does not show the actual horizon."
-----> issue fixed (Line 54 of pfd.xml: change from "<Scale Y="2"/>" to "<Scale Y="4"/>").

*** closed issues ***

3. Topic: If flaps are set to 1+F, 2, 3 or FULL and gear is not down, a warning sound occurs. -> After takeoff (e.g. flaps 2) and positive climb rate (-> gear retracting) this warning sound occurs without plausible cause.
ChrisK: "As for point 3 you have to play with the flap_limit_power setting in the gear_warning_system section of the aircraft.cfg. I would start with a value >25, this should work fine with flaps <=2, for flaps 3 and FULL you have to use a higher value, or you can disable the gear warning if you set gear_warning_available to 0."
-----> “flap_limit_power = 33” works for FULL flaps.

*** open issues ***

1. Topic: If the autopilot is disengaged, the autotrim (i.e. fly by wire system) does not keep the bank angle constant. -> The bank angle is very slowly changing. -> After a while the bank angle has reached the maximum allowed bank angle.
Alexis: "Gary will explain how this works if needed. Did you download the official base pack from pairbus.com or avsim.com? If yes, did you follow the installation instructions properly?"
-----> I’ve downloaded the official base pack and followed the instructions properly, the issue does not exist with vasfmc.

2. Topic: If I (manually) engage the spoilers, I cannot see the indication in the E/WD. I can only the indication of armed spoilers.
Alexis: "Gary will explain how this works if needed. Did you download the official base pack from pairbus.com or avsim.com? If yes, did you follow the installation instructions properly?"
-----> I’ve downloaded the official base pack and followed the instructions properly. Gary, please help me.

5. Topic: The HUD option does not work. I've installed the HGSA HUD gauge and added "gauge65=jg_hgsa, 301,0,302,311" to the panel configuration file under section "vcockpit00". However, I cannot see the HUD in the virtual cockpit.
-----> "title = Project Airbus A380-862 House F-WWDD ANTEXP VC VASFMCgauges HUDL" crashes FS9, independent of where I put "HUDL" in this line. Alexis, please help me.

8. Topic: SD display sometimes flickers on the left side.
ChrisK: "I have fixed the flickering - it was caused by a very small text box problem in the EWD, which caused an overlay problem in the SD. I cannot attach a file here in the forums though, but if an Admin or Mod could contact me via email, I could send him the corrected ecam.xml."
-----> ChrisK, how shall I provide you with my mail address?

*** new issues ***

9. Topic: Sometimes all VC instruments (like the PFD, etc.) are frozen while accelerating on the runway.

10. Topic: Panel lamps VC switch inverts the state of the position lighting switch

11. Topic: VC fuel page: this is only a picture, why cannot this page reflect the current state of the valves, etc.?

Kind regards
jensi76pa380

esg

Post by esg »

jensi76pa380 wrote: 8. Topic: SD display sometimes flickers on the left side.
ChrisK: "I have fixed the flickering - it was caused by a very small text box problem in the EWD, which caused an overlay problem in the SD. I cannot attach a file here in the forums though, but if an Admin or Mod could contact me via email, I could send him the corrected ecam.xml."
-----> ChrisK, how shall I provide you with my mail address?
http://www.pairbus.com/discussion/viewt ... =10&t=1752

esg

Post by esg »

1. Topic: If the autopilot is disengaged, the autotrim (i.e. fly by wire system) does not keep the bank angle constant. -> The bank angle is very slowly changing. -> After a while the bank angle has reached the maximum allowed bank angle.
-----> I’ve downloaded the official base pack and followed the instructions properly, the issue does not exist with vasfmc.
Is that with our gauges? Doubt the FBW is anywhere near perfect
2. Topic: If I (manually) engage the spoilers, I cannot see the indication in the E/WD. I can only the indication of armed spoilers.
-----> I’ve downloaded the official base pack and followed the instructions properly. Gary, please help me.
You cant arm the spoilers on the ground
jensi76pa380 wrote: 5. Topic: The HUD option does not work. I've installed the HGSA HUD gauge and added "gauge65=jg_hgsa, 301,0,302,311" to the panel configuration file under section "vcockpit00". However, I cannot see the HUD in the virtual cockpit.
-----> "title = Project Airbus A380-862 House F-WWDD ANTEXP VC VASFMCgauges HUDL" crashes FS9, independent of where I put "HUDL" in this line. Alexis, please help me.
Might be youre going over the byte limit or something, try condensing it, e.g. 'PA A388 FWDDD ANTEXP VASFMCgauges HUDL'. Also try commenting out the HUD gauge, might be that
9. Topic: Sometimes all VC instruments (like the PFD, etc.) are frozen while accelerating on the runway.
Is that the VAS gauges? 2.1 is ridden with bugs
10. Topic: Panel lamps VC switch inverts the state of the position lighting switch
The state of the position? Not sure Im following
11. Topic: VC fuel page: this is only a picture, why cannot this page reflect the current state of the valves, etc.?
It's not 'only a picture,' just Gary's not done the valves. This is not an issue, more like a feature request

jensi76pa380

Post by jensi76pa380 »

Hello,

1. Yes, this issue occurs with the gauges of PA380.

5. No, this does not help.

9. Yes, that's with vasfmc.

10. Upon clicking, the VC switch for the panel lamps also inverts the switch position/state of the VC switch for the position lighting.

Thanks for your answer.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Regarding your HUD problem: I don't have this HUD gauge, but the entry in the panel.cfg seems to be wrong.
With gauge65=jg_hgsa, 301,0,302,311 you do not call the subgauge, you call only the gauge name itself, and so FS is not able to find the subgauge.
I am not 100% sure about the real subgauge (HUD gauge) name, but it should look like this though: gauge65=jg_hgsa!jg_hgs, 301,0,302,311

I hope this will help.

jensi76pa380

Post by jensi76pa380 »

Ok,
I changed the gauge call to "gauge26=jg_hgsa!jg_hgs, 301,0,302,311" ("jg_hgsa!jg_hgs" was required by the supplier).
I changed "title = Project Airbus A380-862 House F-WWDD ANTEXP VC VASFMCgauges" to
1) title = Project Airbus A380-862 House F-WWDD ANTEXP VC VASFMCgauges HUDL
2) title = PA380-862 House F-WWDD ANTEXP VC VASFMCgauges
3) title = PA380-862 House F-WWDD ANTEXP VC VASFMCgauges HUDL
=> All three test cases lead to the message "initialization error" followed by a crash of the FS9.
Maybe the option "HUDL" needs to be at another position in the string of test case 1+2?
Thanks for replying.

AF1809

Post by AF1809 »

Hello,

Are you sure that is an A380-862?

=> There is only a 861 version... So, FS try to find a non existing file...

esg

Post by esg »

Tried 'Project Airbus A380-862 House F-WWDD ANTEXP VC VASFMCgauges HUDL', it worked just fine. Again, try commenting out the HUD gauge
AF1809 wrote:Hello,

Are you sure that is an A380-862?

=> There is only a 861 version... So, FS try to find a non existing file...
The title's not used to pull any file, please don't add to the confusion

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

HUD gauge worked OK for me. The title you typed is good, placement of extra commands doesn't matter. I'd comment out the HUD gauge in the panel.cfg and see if that fixes the problem. In that case, re-download the same or another gauge. No HUD gauge is provided with the A380 base pack.

jensi76pa380

Post by jensi76pa380 »

Ok, I've commented out the HUD gauge in the panel.cfg and set "title = Project Airbus A380-862 House F-WWDD ANTEXP VC VASFMCgauges HUDL" in the aircraft.cfg.
This didn't fix the problem. FS9 still shows the initialization error message box and crashes.
So I didn't try to find another HUD gauge. It seems that my computer cannot handle the HUD option. I think I have to accept this fact.

jensi76pa380

Post by jensi76pa380 »

Can you please help me with those two issues that are still open?
"Upon clicking, the VC switch for the panel lamps also inverts the switch position/state of the VC switch for the position lighting."
"If the autopilot is disengaged, the autotrim (i.e. fly by wire system) does not keep the bank angle constant. -> The bank angle is very slowly changing. -> After a while the bank angle has reached the maximum allowed bank angle. I’ve downloaded the official base pack and followed the instructions properly, the issue does not exist with vasfmc."

I have another issue: I cannot see the backlighting, like "VC_A380_pedestal_l.bmp".

Can you please help me?

esg

Post by esg »

What's 'position lighting'? Think the VC integral lights are linked to the landing lights

See above for the FBW

jensi76pa380

Post by jensi76pa380 »

Right, the VC integral lights are linked to the landing lights. Thank you for this information. Now I can see the integral lights. :D

Regarding "Upon clicking, the VC switch for the panel lamps also inverts the switch position/state of the VC switch for the position lighting."
The "position lighting" is the red and green light at the end of the wings (red: left wing, green right wing).
=> So I can toggle the red/green light at the end of the wings with my panel lamp switch. This shouldn't be the case, right?

Regarding the HUD issue, I learned the following on my computer:
If the HUD option is not part of the plane that is loaded by FS9 upon booting FS9, FS9 does not crash. Weird...

esg

Post by esg »

=> So I can toggle the red/green light at the end of the wings with my panel lamp switch. This shouldn't be the case, right?
The 'panel lamp' is tied to the nav lights. It's all got to do with FS limitations no one bothered to work around, I guess

jensi76pa380

Post by jensi76pa380 »

Dear PA380 developers,

I would like to mention two issues of your (great) VC:

1) There are no functioning auto break indicator lights above the gear lever (no light for takeoff arming (->RTO) and no light for active deceleration). There are just two dummy lights (always inactive).

2) There's no brake pressure gauge next to the landing gear indicator lights.

May I request you to change the VC such that I or the community could add three appropriate gauges at the respective positions?
I guess you "just" need to define those VC areas as gauge areas.

It would be great if you could provide a basepack update (of the affected file).

I know that PA380 is not open source and shoudn't be individualized too much.
However, if the black areas of the VC would be "gaugeable" the areas would be still black by default.

Please let me know what you think about my "feature request".

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Kind regards
jensi76pa380

esg

Post by esg »

They _are_ mapped. You're free to create your own gauges for them.

jensi76pa380

Post by jensi76pa380 »

Dear esg,
thank you for your answer.
I know how to generally add or move gauges (-> cfg file).
However, I didn't see my added brake pressure gauge (I still saw "black").
Maybe I used invalid coordinates when I added my brake pressure gauge.
Can you please be so kind and provide me with the correct coordinates for the three gauges?
Or do I have to perform further changes in any of your files?
E.g. do I additionally have to set the areas of the three gauges in your texture to a certain color?
Thanks a lot for helping me.
Regards
jensi76pa380

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

For the brake pressure, add your gauge to the [Vcockpit00] section with these coordinates:

gaugeXX=Gauge!gauge, 566,657,150,150

The autobrake lights are not mapped I believe, sorry about that. :|

jensi76pa380

Post by jensi76pa380 »

Thank you for providing the coordinates.

Is the black rectangular area - that exists right of the three vertically aligned rotary switches and below of the backup attitude/speed/altitude indicator - also mapped?
If so, could be please be so kind and also provide me with these coordinates?
I would like to output certain aircraft values there.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards
jensi76pa380

jensi76pa380

Post by jensi76pa380 »

Is it possible to provide an update of your model containing mapped areas for the two auto brake indicators and the rectangular area next to the three rotary switches(->see my last post)?
That would be great. I could increase the reality of your wonderful VC.
jensi76pa380

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

jensi76pa380 wrote:Is the black rectangular area - that exists right of the three vertically aligned rotary switches and below of the backup attitude/speed/altitude indicator - also mapped?
gaugeXX=Gauge!gauge, 902,636,116,194
jensi76pa380 wrote:Is it possible to provide an update of your model containing mapped areas for the two auto brake indicators and the rectangular area next to the three rotary switches
Very unlikely for now, sorry.