VC with cabin?

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
karlli1221

VC with cabin?

Post by karlli1221 »

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me, so here's the problem:
When I first saw that the VC was released, I remember seeing that the cockpit and the cabin models had be merged, is this true? If so, since there is no views in the cabin, is it possible to add the camera definition bit in the aircraft.cfg to get it back? Also, is it possible to get wing views with the VC?

nickac1092

Re: VC with cabin?

Post by nickac1092 »

I got the same thing as you did. I got the VC working and the cabin is there also. The wings i found out are also there so basically it adds the VC and cabin to the current wing view model. I just can get the panel guages to work. My panel isnt showing up etheir. I only get the backup altimiter (the thing that tells you where the ground is relitive to the aircraft) and the GPS screen in the computer moniters to the side of the joystick.

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

do you have to move everytime u want to go to the cabin or can u add things to aircraft.cfg? if u tell me more about what you have done and which fs are u using i might be able to help u

nickac1092

Post by nickac1092 »

Well im using FS9 on Windows Vista. I added the VC and cabin (which is the same model) to the model folder and overwrote the older version. My aircraft with the VC is basically what the PA A380 was without the VC but with the WV. It basically just added the cabin in a sense. Now for you, yes you have to move everytime if you want the view point to stay in the cockpit where you will be flying most of the time. I wouldnt mess with the view point in the aircraft config unless you know what your doing like me. See i know what im doing for the view point so for example: all my addon 747s i have the camera on the lower deck level and in the middle above the nose gear on all my POSKY 747s. Im using an addon for my camera in FS9. Its called DBS Walk & Follow. Its payware but i think its worthit because its alot better than active camera.

I got my VC working and my panel working but now the engine status with the EGTs and N1s and all that stuff, the screen thats suposed to display that is black... On top of that, FS9 crashes saying the fault module was DBSwalkandfolow.dll WTF

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

so you DID NOT copy the panel folder from the new basepack to ur existing model? that may be why.

I think it is just a few lines under the camera definition part in the aircraft.cfg which existed in the old wing view model but not the new one, can u give me your aircraft.cfg?

nickac1092

Post by nickac1092 »

In FS9 the camera position is controled by the [view] section in the aircraft cfg. I can give you the aircraft config once i get home from school.

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

thanks, btw you need all gauges in the panel folder (depends which one are u using, i use pagaugage, which is panel.pa)

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Guys, I have updated the [viewpoint] section of the aircraft.cfg to place the eyepoint in the captain's seat. It was in the VC release versions; replacing the models doesn't move the eyepoint in the pilot's seat.{/B}
Please read the install instructions, or simply delete the old WV version and install the VC one!

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

But when i had the FSX native model i did remember seeing the cabin views being defined. I know it is not under the views section because that is only for the VC. I have deleted the old one and that's why i dont have the cabin views anymore. is there a way where you don't have to move the camera around everytime you want to go into the cabin?

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

The FSX native model is a cabin+WV only model. The views are stored in aircraft.cfg, which has differences compared to an FS9 aircraft.cfg. You can copy the views from the FSX aircraft.cfg into the FS9 VC model's aircraft.cfg and that should do the trick.

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

yay :D I thought so, but does anyone has all those lines? that was what I was asking in my first post :(

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

yay :D thank you Alexis, ages ago I tried creating camera definition, they don't seem hard to me at that time but they need time. but then I ran into this line:
Guid={0ae3f864-da10-4e5a-977c-b9bba47d6f7a}
which is different for every camera and I can't seem to work out what this is. If I could, I could probably make some more views in the cabin, like from inside looking back to the wing, two more down the aisle etc... Can you tell me what that line means? or is it too complicated for a newbie to understand :(?

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

I don't have an idea, to be honest. Me and FSX are divorced since 2007!

nickac1092

Post by nickac1092 »

my too. I hate FSX because it eats performance like no others.

karlli1221

Post by karlli1221 »

Alexis wrote:I don't have an idea, to be honest. Me and FSX are divorced since 2007!
oh :shock: do you know anyone in PA team who does?