Longer Engine Start?

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
donaldd

Longer Engine Start?

Post by donaldd »

When I start my engines on the PA A320, the start up lasts for a short 15 seconds before the engine is fully started. I have these great start up sounds but never get to hear the full 25-30 seconds of them. Does any one know how to make the start up last longer to make it more realistic? Something in the aircraft.cfg? Thanks!

donaldd

Re: Longer Engine Start?

Post by donaldd »

I'm confused. The guy who posted all the pictures, he made the song file longer but that does not change how long the engine start is in FSX, correct?

Dominicana1879

Post by Dominicana1879 »

Why not try starting the engines manually? Selecting "ctrl-e" seems to make the engine start shorter. But if you start manually and then at desire rpm clicking the button on the pedestal. I guess it should work perfectly fine like that.

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

donaldd wrote:
I'm confused. The guy who posted all the pictures, he made the song file longer but that does not change how long the engine start is in FSX, correct?

That's because I totally misread the post. It was my fault - but just in case someone wanted to do that for another aircraft then everything they need is right there.

As Dominicana1879 said, you can use also click on your "start engine" gauge to start the engines turning, then hit Alt + F4 to ignite - assuming you hit Ctrl + Shift + F1 to shut them down first. That way you will be able to turn the engine on you think the sound has reached it's peak.