380 flight deck

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
maldo

380 flight deck

Post by maldo »

HI Im looking for the cockpit for the a380 I have the model but no 3d cockpit. can some one please tell me were to get it.
thk.

guy

Re: 380 flight deck

Post by guy »

I suppose it is the PA A380 VC you want. Look here:
http://www.pafs.wf/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1568

Guy

maldo

Post by maldo »

Ok my problem is that the model is ok but I don't have any cockpit or instrument panel. So I will like to know is these acft comes with out instrument panel?

guy

Post by guy »

Download the A380 BASE package (FS9).
It contains 4 sets of definitions !
The A380-800 has no airfile but the complete model files(ea,rr,vc,wv), basic common textures(with vc!)
and three panels :
- default 747
- PA 380 VC
- PA 380 VC with Vas Fmc
The A380-841/842/861 have aircraft.cfg and airfile, but panel and model are alias'ed to A380-800!
The 841 is for RR Trent 970B engines (SQ,LH,CZ), the 842 for RR Trent 972B engines (QF), the 861 for EA GP7270 engines (EK,AF,KE) .

You must then download the liveries you want.
The LIVERY files contain only the complementary textures (fuselage, tail etc) for the specific livery. You must COMPLETE those with the basic textures of A380-800 above!
So, you can choose and must combine ! :)

For download scroll down the following list to A380 BASE PACKAGE :
http://www.pafs.wf/downloads

For FSX:
There is no special fsx base package.
The Fsx liveries contain the Fsx model (with cabin) and default 747 panel.
To use the Fs9 PA A380 Vc in FSX, simply replace the model and panel by the FS9 vc model and panel !
Another more EASY way for FSx is to use simply the complete FS9 aircraft in FSX (with model, VC and textures).
That works also well and the basic PA VC is fully operational ! :D

Cockpit(vc) manual is here : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21574664/PA_A38 ... Manual.rar

Good luck! :)

Guy
Last edited by guy on 23 Mar 2012, 08:41, edited 5 times in total.

maldo

Post by maldo »

guy thk for the help i really apresiated

SClapham

Post by SClapham »

I'm trying to use the A380 model with FSX and struggling with the 2D and VC panels. I've followed the advice below, and I now have some FSX downloads installed, plus the FS9 models as described below. All are available and look great from the outside.

I've copied the FS9 pa and vas panel folders onto the FSX folders. When I load the model the 2D panels are just missing, while the VC flashes briefly then blacks out. I can see the odd guage, but its mostly just black.

Can anyone help please?
Thanks,
Steve

PS... Actually I've found a solution from another set of messages: "you're probably missing the VC textures. Make sure that all the files (especially those beginning with VC_) from the 'Project Airbus A380-800/Texture' folder have been copied into your A380's Texture folder" I found these and copied them into the textures folders and everything is OK.

Which just leaves an issue of a 2d panel - is there one? Steve

guy wrote:Download the A380 BASE package (FS9).
It contains 4 sets of definitions !
The A380-800 has no airfile but the complete model files(ea,rr,vc,wv), basic common textures(with vc!)
and three panels :
- default 747
- PA 380 VC
- PA 380 VC with Vas Fmc
The A380-841/842/861 have aircraft.cfg and airfile, but panel and model are alias'ed to A380-800!
The 841 is for RR Trent 970B engines (SQ,LH,CZ), the 842 for RR Trent 972B engines (QF), the 861 for EA GP7270 engines (EK,AF,KE) .

You must then download the liveries you want.
The LIVERY files contain only the complementary textures (fuselage, tail etc) for the specific livery. You must COMPLETE those with the basic textures of A380-800 above!
So, you can choose and must combine ! :)

For download scroll down the following list to A380 BASE PACKAGE :
http://www.pafs.wf/downloads

For FSX:
There is no special fsx base package.
The Fsx liveries contain the Fsx model (with cabin) and default 747 panel.
To use the Fs9 PA A380 Vc in FSX, simply replace the model and panel by the FS9 vc model and panel !
Another more EASY way for FSx is to use simply the complete FS9 aircraft in FSX (with model, VC and textures).
That works also well and the basic PA VC is fully operational ! :D

Cockpit(vc) manual is here : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21574664/PA_A38 ... Manual.rar

Good luck! :)

Guy
Last edited by SClapham on 12 Apr 2012, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

Flightsimmer

Post by Flightsimmer »

Guys, give my download a go, it's for FSX. Qantas A380-800 with RR engines. The VC is guarenteed to work.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?amjq46d7nodccqm

korolevspace

Post by korolevspace »

Hi!
I just downloaded the A380 from the link in the comment right above mine, and the most if not all, the VC textures are working. However, there are still some errors, such as the lack of numbers on the alphanumeric keypads, the autopilot, and most display screens. Is it the lack of texture files, or something else? The cockpit looks fine, just a bit of texture glitches, some display screens not working, and the 2D panel apparently can easily be exchanged with another one.