How to Work the A320 Base Model

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
Goober

How to Work the A320 Base Model

Post by Goober »

OK guys, I know this sounds dumb but I have no idea how to work the A320 Base Model.

Any help would be appreciated.

Goober

guy

Re: How to Work the A320 Base Model

Post by guy »

The base pack for FS9 contains 4 sets of definitions A320-111/214/232 and A320 V2.1.
The first three contain the basic files (model, aircraft) version V2.0 of the different models A320-111//214 (cfm engines)
and A320-232 (iae engines). Panel and sound are alias'ed to the default 737-400.
The last one, A320 V2.1 contains the new model files version V2.1 for the A320-111/214 (cfm_100/200_v21)
and A320-232(iae_200_v21).
So if you want the latest model version V2.1, you must COMBINE the aircraft.cfg of the first files with
the models of the last one (V2.1) !
A320 V2.1 contains also some basic (night) textures which you must/may add to the different liveries.

The base pack contains no livery textures!
The liveries must be downloaded separatly and then combined with the respective files above!
The base-pack contains also a readme file where all this is explained!
The downloads are here (scroll down to A320!): http://www.pafs.wf/downloads

An easier way is certainly to download a complete aircraft (with model, aircraft.cfg and textures) ready for use
from the Avsim library. (search for "project airbus A320")

You can use the fs9 PA A320 as it is also in FSX ! (with panel and sound of the default A321)

Guy

Goober

Post by Goober »

Hi Guy,

I Get the information about the Models but I am still wondering how to work the CFG and Livery Installer!
Goober

guy

Post by guy »

Goober wrote:Hi Guy,
I Get the information about the Models but I am still wondering how to work the CFG and Livery Installer!
Goober
The livery installer is a nice feature, but I didn't use it !
I MOVE the livery texture folder manually to the corresponding aircraft folder (and complete it eventually with the
basic textures ) and ADD the content of the livery aircraft.cfg to the corresponding type's aircraft .cfg (at the end
or the beginning, as you like) !
That's all ! :)

Concerning the LIVERY INSTALLER, I have figured it out (it is also explained in the readme file):
-extract the downloaded livery (for example livery_liv) file into some intermediary folder
-Move then the 3 files Texture.liv, _Livery.liv , _Livery Installer_PA.bat from the intermediate folder to the
corresponding aircraft folder (PA A320)
-Go to the aircraft folder and CLICK twice on the Livery Installer ! (do NOT click it before this point !)
That will create an aircraft.Backup and ADD the new livery at the end of your aircraft.cfg! :D
It will also delete the livery installer and the _livery.liv file !

If you click the livery installer when it is still in the intermediate folder, the file _livery.liv will be transformed
into aircraft.cfg and you will have to do the update manually! :!: (that is what i did until now)

You can also extract the downloaded livery directly into your aircraft folder, but that works only if you use the
same original name (for example 'Project Airbus A320-214')

Here is also a video about installing the A320 V2.1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFLtzOMLuc0

Good luck! :)

Guy