A320 V2.1 Throttle Response

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
IronEagle

A320 V2.1 Throttle Response

Post by IronEagle »

Hello Project Airbus I'm just curious why the Throttle Response of the PA A320 v2.1 increases gradually? and not basing on how much I push the throttle
in my joystick especially during short field take-offs. I do short field take-offs in some airports in FS recreating a local airline of ours that sends A320's. :)

IronEagle

Re: A320 V2.1 Throttle Response

Post by IronEagle »

Kindly advise. Thank you

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

It's normal for jet engines to spool up slowly. Mostly due to the inertia of the main engine fan, but sometimes also due to systems such as FADEC. Part of the challenge of flying a jet is that adding power isn't instantaneous.

But if you still want your engines to spool up faster for some reason, open your aircraft.cfg with a text editor and edit the following entry:

Code: Select all

fuel_flow_gain=0.00247
I think higher values will help but I'm not 100% sure about that. In the real world, the short-field takeoff method would be to apply brakes, add power and wait for it to spool up, then release brakes so you don't waste runway while the engines catch up.

IronEagle

Post by IronEagle »

Thanks Derek I'll attach a video link of what I'm talking about for everybody here in PA. Although it's an A319 but still very similar to the A320 as it spools up for take off.

Watch as he pushes the throttle and Listen to the SPOOL UP. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsdLYc3Rmlw