Ground Spoilers

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
skywatch

Ground Spoilers

Post by skywatch »

Hi everyone,

I can't find another thread on this topic so I though I would start a new one to ask.

On the airbus IRL you arm the spoilers before landing and take off. With the PA model this works well in the air before landing. But on the ground, prior to T/O, I cannot arm them without them fully deploying. Is it the model or the panel which controls this function? I have tried it with two different panels, but the result is the same.

It's also just occurred to me that Max Braking should be set for T/O too, I wonder if that works or not.

SKywatch

GaryG

Re: Ground Spoilers

Post by GaryG »

Yeah same here, but I don`t think it`s PA`s problem. What you should do is arm them just before the take off roll. They will not deploy that way.

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

Question: Why someone arm the spoilers before take off??? And are they armed during the flight?
I know that in the approach check list there is an entry for arming the spoilers...

esg

Post by esg »

In case of a rejected t/o; extended when the speed's >72kt and the thrust is brought back to idle/reverse. They're disarmed by the PNF once the PF calls for the gear to be retracted following the rotation

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

!! Ooooh !!
Didn't know that!
Thanks!
Well... everyday I learn new things!! :)