VasFMC crash when pushing "fuel planning"

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
mozart

VasFMC crash when pushing "fuel planning"

Post by mozart »

I have installed the VasFMC gauges and I want to use the FMCG. Unfortunately there is a freeze of (at least) the FMCG whenver I push "Fuel Planning", and no calculations are being performed. Using VasFMC v2.10, Windows 7

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong in process? Are there any conditions that need to be fulfilled before the FMCG can calculate the amount of fuel needed?

Thanks

theltalpha

Re: VasFMC crash when pushing "fuel planning"

Post by theltalpha »

Hallo!

This, unfortunatelly, is a known, yet finally unsolved bug in vasFMC. It depends on the route whether vasFMC freezes or not, but you cannot tell what exactly causes the crash.

daniel_pt

Post by daniel_pt »

From the tests I done, I got the idea that if we only program the fuel AFTER inserting the flight plan route, it never freezes... At least I never had that bug doing that way!

mozart

Post by mozart »

daniel_pt wrote:From the tests I done, I got the idea that if we only program the fuel AFTER inserting the flight plan route, it never freezes... At least I never had that bug doing that way!
That makes a lot of sense, and is in line with the video tutorial posted on YouTube.

The problem is that this only works if the flightplan also has the planned altitude for each leg, either the ALT constraint from a procedure or the CRZ altitude. However, at least in my setup on Windows 7 this does not happen. I have alitude zero for all legs of the flight.

theltalpha

Post by theltalpha »

Hallo,

I found out in the circumstances when vasFMC freezes during fuel calculation the following additional line is found in the log file:

Code: Select all

FlightPlanLegCalculation: IAS B and  TAS A < 0., terminate and return
This line is missing in those circumstances during which the fuel calculations work alright. Does anyone have a clue what this could mean?

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

Unfortunately only the author(s) Alex wemmer would know. and I doubt were gonna see anything on that end. You can also try the person(s) at Next Level Simulations, as on of them was a programmer on the Vas team. But again i dont see any traction from either source in regards to solving the fuel bug