A380 VASFMC freeze Black screens

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
CaptainWho1

A380 VASFMC freeze Black screens

Post by CaptainWho1 »

Hey,

i got a problem with the VASfmc and the A380, for the most part they work perfectly together, as i have done 2 11 hour flights with no problem, crash or anything. but sometimes VASFMC stop working even before i start Taxiing to the runway, it freezes and if i reload the plane the screens go black. and yes i have searched for a related topic on this forum and found one, only problem is that in that
topic (A320 though) they suggested the TS tried VASFMC 2.09, which i did aswell only thing is that the VASFMC 2.09 doesnt seem to be totally compatible with your A380.
is there a way to make 2.1 more stable or even fix it? is it possible to make the 2.09 fully compatible? or am i totally out of luck?

i really hope there is a way because i've just started to really enjoy your A380 with VAS.

777beats340

Re: A380 VASFMC freeze Black screens

Post by 777beats340 »

Hey op!

I think I was the one who replied, and I wanted to closely u out as well. vasFMC was made by a separate group who unfortunately stopped development after the 2,1 release. The bug you tall bout is well documented, and I regret to inform you that there is no update that can fix it. The only other option is try 2.09 which u said isn't good. What I suggest is the other alternative which is probably not satisfactory is to use the project airbus virtual cockpit panel without vas, and run the standalone vas set which is not affected by the freeze outside of the simulator.

Hope this helps

CaptainWho1

Post by CaptainWho1 »

Hey,

The problem is not that annoying as it has only happend to me twice, and none of the times were in mid flight, as long as it doesnt happend in mid flight so that i have to restart the flight i can live with this bug. but another thing is that if the VAS-group stopped working with VAS means that VASFMC is now a "free to modifly all you want" type of program/software, if thats correct we/i/whoever wants to fix it can fix the bug, possible? all i know is that it is the gauge that freezes, maybe open it and have a look?

sorry if my english isnt top notch, as i just woke up.

esg

Post by esg »

The source code for 2.1 has not been made public, unfortunately.

CaptainWho1

Post by CaptainWho1 »

is there any way of getting in contact with the guy so that he might release the source code?

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

Apparently no.

Math/ilde

Post by Math/ilde »

I've the same problem...it's so annoying! So, if I get it, it's dead for us? No way to fix it since codesource hasn't been published? And no way to get the codesource since vasFMC's developer has stop !? So what are the solution? Using 'stand-alone' version of vasFMC I guess...Or maybe another product...freeware or payware...does anybody have an idea?

But is everyone getting this problem, or is it just some plp?

legitmv7

Post by legitmv7 »

Which version of windows are you on? I know it sounds crazy but I was on 7 x64 and the gauges would work every now and then when I close and re-open flight sim. I know it sounds stupid but I installed windows xp 32bit just to see if it would make any difference and it did. Just did a few flights for my va and haven't gotten any freezes or black screens so far. I will edit this if I do but for now, everything seems to be fine.

Marius

Post by Marius »

Good day,

i had the same problems, when i type the route in the MCDU or so, the screens freeze, but now i make some flights with the A380 and the screens dont freeze. Try to load the plane and scenery and start at the gate. Confirm the Aircraftdata of Project Airbus A380 in the MCDU. Thereafter shut down the engines and press P for pause. Than plan your flight, type your route, performance data, fuelplanning and so on. Before you start the engines, press P and you will see, there are no freezing screens and the vasFMC works great.

Hope it works for u guys too

regards Marius

777beats340

Re: A380 VASFMC freeze Black screens FIX

Post by 777beats340 »

So some of our fellow simmers have found a solution. This is not a permanent fix, but a bandaid solution on a problem that can only be addressed by reworking the original code (probability of that happening is zero at the moment).

The issue with black screen lies in the programmed Fltplan. If the flight plan has two waypoints that are located approximately 2NM apart from each other, the FMC package will freeze. Im talking from memory, but if you search avsim, you will see the fix in detail. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/352192-vasfmc-21-fuel-bug/

Good Luck