How to ILS land Project Airbus A320 with FMC

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
Dill-97

How to ILS land Project Airbus A320 with FMC

Post by Dill-97 »

Okay well I've downloaded the update for the Project Airbus A320 that comes with an FMC. I have programmed the FMC ect. But I cant figure out how to land it with ILS? Every time I try it completely messes up. You can select arrivals within the FMC and the aircraft is meant to follow that but it wont. Can someone please explain the stages/ or what I have to do to ILS land the A320? Thanks!

777beats340

Re: How to ILS land Project Airbus A320 with FMC

Post by 777beats340 »

Happy to help!

First, VasFMC is a great navigational tool, and it's the only thing I can find freeware wise. That being said, it does have some flaws, and ils is kinda one of them. the key is to Rembember. That ur Airac data sometimes doesnt correspond to fs data. You can program vas to LAnd on x runway, but you have to verify the vasFMC data corresponds to the fs data.

My procedure as I approach runway

1) 20nm out: find a) Rwy hdg b) ils freq from within ur simulator and plug them into the radio nav pg. (also activate the nav 1 freq from within the a/c. Also activate the ils button on the fcu.

2) make sure u intercept the localizer well ahead. Idk how far ahead exactly but 5-10nm out is good, (g/s should be above the middle marker). Vas nd shows a dotted line as to how far is good enough ( but that's based on Airac data so, again make sure it corresponds)

3) once both pink needles in your Pfd are alive, activate the app button on the fcu.

4) plane should auto land. Note flaring, is not perfect, so it's gonna be hard landing. From there follow roll out procedure.
Also beware of your crosswind component. If your above say single digits, you will be guaranteed to be in the grass, thus disconnect ap 500 ft and fly manually!

Enjoy