Some issues

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
Men In Black

Some issues

Post by Men In Black »

Hello, as I said in a previous post, this is one of the best A380s for FS2004, but even this one has it's glitches, for instance if I set the fuel quantity to full, and NO payload at all, it says that I'm 59155 pounds over gross weight, how can you be overweight with tanks full and NO PAYLOAD at all??? Also, the plane catches speed quite hard, when I reach FL390 I got some 480 knots, then it will rich the "normal" speed of around 512 knots after some loooong minutes and only if I have no payload on board, and if the right and left tanks are at 50%. This "speed issue" doesn't exist on Overland A380, but....long story...Overland's A380 flies well, but the VC is not lit whatsoever, and there's no wing view, let alone a virtual cabin. Abacus' (some ugly lines on it...very unrealistic) and Wilco's (the poorly rendered and poor flier) A380s are out of the question. So this two (Project Airbus and Overland) stand out from the others, but of course, there had to be something which spoils the fun, what's the problem with A380s? Aren't they loved, that there is no satisfying addon that represents them?? I cannot decide which one to keep, should I fly well, but without a lit VC and without some nice wing views at leas (Overland), or should I fly betwixt and between but with a terrific VC and cabin(PA)?!
Anyone has the same problem with the tanks?
Thanks!!
PS: I admire the extra features of PA's A380 which a payware one does not have them (like sunshade, tray...)
PPS: Where are the panel lights? How can I switch them separatley? Where's the button? Thanks again!

Alexis

Re: Some issues

Post by Alexis »

Men In Black wrote:PPS: Where are the panel lights? How can I switch them separatley? Where's the button? Thanks again!
There panel lights work with Shift+L, but they don't provide anything extra. Due to limitations at the time there were only two modes of lighting added:
-Backlighting (when any light is on)
-Floodlighting (when landing lights are on)

Regarding flying the 380, you'll find a relevant topic here, atop the support forum.
Also check that you have the latest base package from PA, as there are several full packages with tweaked FD flying around the web.

Men In Black

Post by Men In Black »

Thanks alot, now sorry for being too pushy, but is there a way I can switch the taxi lights separately?
Whoops sorry, didn't notice the button...hehe
Last edited by Men In Black on 31 Aug 2012, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.

esg

Post by esg »

how can you be overweight with tanks full and NO PAYLOAD at all???
It can happen when you've got a bar and showers onboard.
"normal" speed of around 512 knots
In what universe is that normal? You'd be hard pressed to do 512 (I'm gonna assume that's TAS).

Men In Black

Post by Men In Black »

In the universe WE live, when we design a plane, we usually design it in such a way that it won't be overloaded with two of the tanks at half their capacity and no payload, that would mean that the plane is carrying no people, no baggages, no cargo, no nothing, 2 of the tanks are...like I said, and still I got 59155 pounds over gross weight!
No, you should assume that's GS, I'm talkin' about A380, not about model D. I'm curious about what do you think is the normal cruising speed (GS) for A380. Check Flightradar24.com click on an A380, check it's speed.

Men In Black

Post by Men In Black »

Yet another problem, sometimes, (many times) the altitude hold won't work, I set a specific altitude in alt hold and the plane will simply pas it, it ignores the autopilot.

Men In Black

Post by Men In Black »

One more, after disconnecting the AP, if set the thrust to idle, it won't do that, maybe only after a couple of seconds fighting with the plane

Men In Black

Post by Men In Black »

I'm curious about how I managed to make it work in the first place.....I wonder how others manage to fly it!
I'm thinking of keeping Overland and throw this. But Overland doesn't have a lit VC, noooooooooo, why on Earth would you need one?!?!, and they only have one engine option...

esg

Post by esg »

The cruise speed is usually measured/relayed in Mach. Ground speed is TAS + wind velocity.

Men In Black

Post by Men In Black »

Well, yeah I know, sorry, I lit like a match, it's just...so annoying when you set a flightplan for about 10 minutes, you want everything to be just perfect and finally, when you're airborne, you notice that the plane goes crazy, the AP is not workin...

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

Men In Black wrote:In the universe WE live, when we design a plane, we usually design it in such a way that it won't be overloaded with two of the tanks at half their capacity and no payload, that would mean that the plane is carrying no people, no baggages, no cargo, no nothing, 2 of the tanks are...like I said, and still I got 59155 pounds over gross weight!
No, you should assume that's GS, I'm talkin' about A380, not about model D. I'm curious about what do you think is the normal cruising speed (GS) for A380. Check Flightradar24.com click on an A380, check it's speed.
With all due respect, you're making assumptions without actually checking the facts first. A380 weight limits are publicly available from any number of online sources, to summarize:

There are 3 A380 variants: A380-841, A380-842, A380-861. Both the -841 and -861 have Max Takeoff Weights pegged at 510,000kg (1,124,400lbs). The -842 has a MTOW of 569,000kg (1,254,400lbs). The former 2 variants CANNOT depart with full fuel, even when they are completely empty otherwise. The latter variant, however, can. This is per Airbus official specs, due most likely to the more powerful engines equipped on the -842. If it still bothers you, simply download our Qantas livery. Qantas is an -842 operator.

Next, cruising speed. Standard cruise on an A380 is .85M, that's really all there is to it. The resulting TAS, and ultimately GS, is dependent on many variables (temperature, altitude, wind, and others). You mentioned FL390, in real life you wouldn't have a hope in the the world of getting to 390 at max weight. Initial cruise altitude for a fully loaded A380 is at the most FL350, but more realistically FL330. If you can get to Mach 0.85, you're at realistic speed. The TAS, and especially GS figures are a poor base for comparison.

If you haven't already, you can find a lot of info by reading this thread: http://www.pafs.wf/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=376

I don't have much of an answer for you regarding the AP issues, there are definitely bugs but I doubt they'll ever be fixed by us. The best fix is to merge a 2d panel and use that one instead. There aren't many A380 2d panels out there, but there are several high quality A340 panels available. PSS and Wilco are good options for payware, many freeware panels can be found on the standard FS sites. With a little effort, I'm sure you could merge your 2d panel of choice into the VC as well.