Project Airbus A320 family wings problem

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
Luke Powell

Project Airbus A320 family wings problem

Post by Luke Powell »

Hello everyone who might read this forum :)

Well... I was repainting Project Airbus A318 in HD textures (4096X4096 texture files, rather than the usual 1024x1024 ones) to improve the overall look of the plane, and all the details that can be seen when looking closer to it. However, when I was testing my wings textures, and looking closer to them, I realized that there was a rather bad problem with the wings.... They looked as though they had been sectioned into three different parts, and that decreased realism levels :(

As you can see in the photos, that really gives a bad look when looking close up at the wings :( I downloaded the updated model of Project Airbus, but the problem continued. I also realized that when the wings were lifting the airplane, the problem worsened even further.... The lines of the wing looked all distorted, and cut into pieces:

I reckon this problem is due to the wings lifting effect, that bends wings as they start lifting the plane... It does improve realism, but this little problem doesn't though...

So please; If u know of any good way to deal with this problem, or if u Project Airbus guys might be planning to fix this up, please, do let me know :)

Thanks in advance.
Luke

Luke Powell

Re: Project Airbus A320 family wings problem

Post by Luke Powell »

PD: please have a look at the entire images, because they can't be completely seen on the forums. Just drag them to the URL bar, and it'll work ;)

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

No plans to fix this, sorry. The A320 was originally an FS9 model, and therefore must use the FS9 wingflex method.

Luke Powell

Post by Luke Powell »

Uhhhh ok.. Well I'm sorry to hear this... I was relying on Project Airbus for all my upcoming repaints :( Thank you guys anyway...