A380 has 2 STARTER SWITCHES PER ENGINE

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
Speedbird

A380 has 2 STARTER SWITCHES PER ENGINE

Post by Speedbird »

Hi to my knowledge starting an airbus A380 is just a flip of a switch but for some reason the PA380 has starter switches on the overhead? why? please RSVP and thanks :D

Speedbird

Re: A380 has 2 STARTER SWITCHES PER ENGINE

Post by Speedbird »

PLEASE HELP :(

esg

Post by esg »

Those are the manual start switches.

Speedbird

Post by Speedbird »

esg wrote:Those are the manual start switches.
what do you mean? from what I no to start the A380 you just need to flip the master switch is that something else (auto-start maybe?) and if so, can you do it in the PA380 please reply and thanks :)

esg

Post by esg »

No, you can't do a manual start.

Speedbird

Post by Speedbird »

translation is that I have to press CTRL-E :( ?

esg

Post by esg »

Man start in the real A380 has to do with limited FADEC. It doesn't translate to our A380.

Speedbird

Post by Speedbird »

esg wrote:Man start in the real A380 has to do with limited FADEC. It doesn't translate to our A380.
so basically you are saying that due to lack of a FADEC which is used in autostart we have to use the manual start switches correct?

esg

Post by esg »

Are those switches even functional?

Speedbird

Post by Speedbird »

IF THEY ARE NOT THEN HOW DO YOU EVEN START THE PA380

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Ctrl+E...

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Airbus Fan wrote:Ctrl+E...
lol..:

Speedbird

Post by Speedbird »

:( that's so unrealistic :(

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Speedbird wrote::( that's so unrealistic :(
Welcome to FSX, where I can do a loop-the-loop with a Cessna at Mach 1 at 100,000 MSL. LOL. FSX's systems can be highly complex if you want, but they are also highly difficult to code. Not to mention, FSX tends to degenerate into stutters with added complexity. No matter what.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Speedbird wrote::( that's so unrealistic :(
I know it isn't realistic, but I think that's only one way to start a380.

Speedbird

Post by Speedbird »

you guys need to face the truth. PA VCs ARE A PIECE OF **** I MEAN NOTHING WORKS YOU CANT HAVE SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS A MANUEL START UP ( no I am NOT comparing with payware I am comparing with alot of other wonderful freeware outh their) THE PASSENGER SIGNS DONT WORK THE AUTOPILOT DOES NOT WORK I MEAN IF YOU GUYS WANT A PLANE THAT LOOKS PRETTY AND NOTHING ELSE THIS IS THE VC FOR YOU BUT IF YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY FLY ( like every body else) MERGE THE WILCO VC WITH THIS I DONT CARE HOW BAD PEOPLE TALK BOUT IT OR GET A FREEWARE PANEL :@ :x

esg

Post by esg »

You should seek anger management counselling.

TheRedBaron

Post by TheRedBaron »

Speedbird wrote:you guys need to face the truth. PA VCs ARE A PIECE OF **** I MEAN NOTHING WORKS YOU CANT HAVE SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS A MANUEL START UP ( no I am NOT comparing with payware I am comparing with alot of other wonderful freeware outh their) THE PASSENGER SIGNS DONT WORK THE AUTOPILOT DOES NOT WORK I MEAN IF YOU GUYS WANT A PLANE THAT LOOKS PRETTY AND NOTHING ELSE THIS IS THE VC FOR YOU BUT IF YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY FLY ( like every body else) MERGE THE WILCO VC WITH THIS I DONT CARE HOW BAD PEOPLE TALK BOUT IT OR GET A FREEWARE PANEL :@ :x
If you hate PA work so much, why are you hellbent on trying to get one component to work? And as always, your support is appreciated.

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Speedbird wrote:you guys need to face the truth. PA VCs ARE A PIECE OF **** I MEAN NOTHING WORKS YOU CANT HAVE SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS A MANUEL START UP ( no I am NOT comparing with payware I am comparing with alot of other wonderful freeware outh their) THE PASSENGER SIGNS DONT WORK THE AUTOPILOT DOES NOT WORK I MEAN IF YOU GUYS WANT A PLANE THAT LOOKS PRETTY AND NOTHING ELSE THIS IS THE VC FOR YOU BUT IF YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY FLY ( like every body else) MERGE THE WILCO VC WITH THIS I DONT CARE HOW BAD PEOPLE TALK BOUT IT OR GET A FREEWARE PANEL :@ :x

WoW.... I can bet, that you couldn't make better VC than default one( I mean a320, or a330)...

Spinikker

Post by Spinikker »

If I recall, but it has been a long time since I put the 380 VC in, there is a way to install the 380 VC and use another 2D panel by editing the panel.cfg. That is what I do with the 2D vasFMC panel with the VC so all the gauges work properly on both. Then again I never do primary flying in a VC so that may cause some differences in what we expect from our VC.

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

in FSX or Fs2004.

For me i use fs9, and I have the both working. However you need to tweak the vasFMC gauges to play nice with FPS if you plan on using them in both VC and 2d.

FSX i havent tried using my custom panel setup