Idle Thrust : a320-project-airbus.cfg

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
quentcor

Idle Thrust : a320-project-airbus.cfg

Post by quentcor »

Can anyone tell me what the idle thrust setting in the config file does? Many thanks.

TheRedBaron

Re: Idle Thrust : a320-project-airbus.cfg

Post by TheRedBaron »

It will adjust the amount of thrust the engines produce when in idle state (where your throttles are all the way back). Increasing it will mean that the A/C may move without you touching the throttles.

quentcor

Post by quentcor »

I also thought this was the case until I zeroed the figure and still found the aircraft moving forward with the throttles fully idle. I have a perception that the idle thrust setting somehow influences the N1% at climb and cruise power rather than at idle. My next question is what does the idle thrust figure represent? Is it a percentage of something else and, if so, what, or is it a scale from 0 to whatever? How would one determine what figure is correct, or is it just a matter of trial and error? If one changes the idle thrust figure, what will it affect?

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

Your aircrast is moving at idle, cause Your aircraft is very light? I mean not much fuel, and cargo.
You should to try load aircraft to almost max gross weight. This action helped for me.

quentcor

Post by quentcor »

Thanks for this suggestion. Having looked at the station loads in the config file, I find that there is little resemblance to Microsoft's definitions - no pilot, co-pilot, crew, etc. This is true for both the PA 214 and 232 models. I am wary about tampering with the figures and possibly disturbing the MOI's. The aircraft flies very well with the current config. Is there a tested alternative definition of station loads which follows Microsoft's version and which will facilitate changes to payload figures by defining more specifically which station loads are passenger compartments and which are baggage?

chowpau

Post by chowpau »

hi

in the load setting for PA, the weight of the flight crew and cabin crew are included in Dry Operating Weight. It is based on the real Airbus 320 on the zoning. OA,OB,OC are weights of passenger while 1,3,4,5 are weights of cargo. Changing it would affect the MAC% and THS settings. The person who made the load settings and computed the MAC% uses the real Load Sheet of the A320 and applied it to Project Airbus.

That is why Project Airbus is one of the most realistic aircraft model for FS compared to Payware aircrafts and far better than Payware aircrafts

A320-Simmer

Post by A320-Simmer »

Hi!

Yes, but how could it be that the A320 fails doing an open climb using the AST cockpit software. I don't know what is the reason for the behaviour that the aircraft from 25000 ft up suddenly increases climb rate and as a consequence loses speed till it stalls.
It must be a parameter in the engine settings (maybe these are too weak) - but which one?

I would appreciate any help,

best regards!

Christoph