PA A380 not loading in FS9

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
quaves

PA A380 not loading in FS9

Post by quaves »

I have downloaded the PA A380-841 Love At First Flight version. This aircraft loaded fine until I modified the published livery Repaint by: Mathieu Vos that came with the aircraft. Somehow a set of two passenger windows were mistakenly displaying on the right side of the aircraft between the double deck. We all know there is no middle passenger deck with windows on the A380 so I wanted it removed. I have painted several of my own aircraft with designated Paint Kits as well as corrected other minor cosmetic flaws from a published livery so I am very familiar with the process. I accessed the texture file and opened it with DXTBmp. I then edited out the flaw with Paint.Net by simply painting over the two windows followed by properly saving the changes.
Now when I try to load the aircraft in fs9, an error message appears stating quote, (Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.) End quote. Then fs9 closes. All of my other aircraft load fine. I downloaded the aircraft a 2nd time without my modification and it still will not load. I even downloaded a different PA 380 file with the Lufthansa livery and that won't load either. At this point no PA A380 I download will load in fs9. Again, the aircraft loaded fine several times until I removed the misplaced windows. I have fs9 running as administrator with windows 7. This has never happened with any of my other aircraft. My only theory is that I may have violated a copywrite that restricts me from loading any PA A380.
When the aircraft did load, I admired the authenticity and detail PA gave this aircraft, it is very beautiful so I would really like to get it back working. Obviously I have no solution so I hope someone knows how to fix this. This problem has me completely stumped. Please help. :/

Derek Mayer

Re: PA A380 not loading in FS9

Post by Derek Mayer »

If you check the error details when FS crashes what do they say? Would you be able to post the details here?

quaves

Post by quaves »

Now when I try to load the aircraft in fs9, an error message appears stating quote, (Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.) End quote. Then fs9 closes.

quaves

Post by quaves »

"Got it folks. Silly me. It was a gauge problem with a panel I downloaded. I switched to a different panel and problem is solved."