Will not load

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
eriksenp

Will not load

Post by eriksenp »

When I installed V3 or A321 for frontier I see the frontier airlines planes listed but when I try to load one for flight I get the following message. "Failed to start up the flight model". I am sure I have done something wrong but fail to find the problem. ;( :/ .
Please help.
Paul

TheRedBaron

Re: Will not load

Post by TheRedBaron »

eriksenp wrote:When I installed V3 or A321 for frontier I see the frontier airlines planes listed but when I try to load one for flight I get the following message. "Failed to start up the flight model". I am sure I have done something wrong but fail to find the problem. ;( :/ .
Please help.
Paul
Post your aircraft.cfg section for the repaint. There might be an issue there. Also, verify that you have matched up the repaint with the correct model. Frontier uses CFM engines, not IAE as far as I know. Matching up a CFM repaint with an IAE model would leave FSX to give you an error message.

eriksenp

Post by eriksenp »

Here is the data from the acft cfg file. I don't see anything in there that might cause the problem. I will add that when I try to choose the plane the window that shows the plane selected is black. No image of the selected aircraft. I have no idea what is causing this to happen. If I continue on, I end up over a vast body of water with no recourse but to restart fsx

[fltsim.1]
title=PA318-Frontier N801FR Grizzli 2
ui_variation=Frontier Airlines
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type=A318
ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby=Project Airbus
sim=pa318-cfm56
model=cfm
panel=
sound=
texture=801
checklists=
atc_id=N801FR
atc_airline=FRONTIER
atc_flight_number=801
ATC_PARKING_CODES=FFT,MEP,WOW
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0
kb_checklists=AirbusA318_check
kb_reference=AirbusA318_ref
description=Presenting the Project Airbus A318-111. Visual model by Andy Warden and Derek Mayer. Base textures by Demetris Themistocleous and Sheldon Fernandes. Flight model by Peter Binamira, Derek Mayer, and Steve Mcbee. Repaint by Denis Minaev. Copyright Project Airbus 2008.\n\n\n\n\n\n

eriksenp

Post by eriksenp »

My problem is now behind me. I didn't notice my 'air' file was missing. (don't ask). :D