pa380 reference speeds and other questions

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
markm24

pa380 reference speeds and other questions

Post by markm24 »

Hello Guys!,

First and foremost, I would like and always thank the PA Team for their wonderful models. And all the other people updating and making PA models more realistic like Francois, etc. No doubt that in no time, you'll be able to make more gauges like "camera tail view option in the primary flight display" (correct me if i'm wrong. I mean the camera view in the tail of a380 that i frequently see in the real cockpit of a380 in youtube) [ TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, I REALLY WANT TO HAVE THAT CAMERA VIEW OPTION IN FLIGHT SIMULATOR, LOL :D). May the PA Team never cease to make models of airbus.

But here is my question. Recently, I always fly the a380 almost everytime i fire up fsx. It is really good model that i always record and then watch my flights to see it majestic beauty especially when landing. Now when it comes to cruising at ideal cruise level, it always comes to my mind that "WHY IS THAT WHEN I EXCEED 340kts. (AT FL330 - FL400), I ALWAYS GET TO HEAR THE OVERSPEED WARNING?" I mean it is stated in wikipedia that the cruising speed of a380 @ cruising level is 490kts.

This is kinda annoying for me (to tell you the truth). I also want to ask some other questions besides reference speeds ( hope i get answers as well):

a.) why is the cabin glasses in my model are opaque. it means that i cannot see the outside from the cabin glasses? (i got my pa380 in this site: http://rikoooo.com/. This model has a vc inspired by "facked". It has a model :A380_800_VC_RR.mdl)

b.) why is the Taxi lights and landing lights so bright and intense? And why are they not aligned in the ground properly? (If you look closely at those lights in the new vc of a380, you'll notice that it is not really aligned in the gorund. Sorry I'm a little bit of perfectionist :D)

c.) this is somehow a newbie question (not related to pa380) "How to insert pictures in topics in this forum?" LOL AHAHAHA im a fucking newbie :D

That's all. Hope for a positive response here, folks

Cheers :) :) :)

markm24
(fsx user since 2010)

ChrisK

Re: pa380 reference speeds and other questions

Post by ChrisK »

markm24 wrote: But here is my question. Recently, I always fly the a380 almost everytime i fire up fsx. It is really good model that i always record and then watch my flights to see it majestic beauty especially when landing. Now when it comes to cruising at ideal cruise level, it always comes to my mind that "WHY IS THAT WHEN I EXCEED 340kts. (AT FL330 - FL400), I ALWAYS GET TO HEAR THE OVERSPEED WARNING?" I mean it is stated in wikipedia that the cruising speed of a380 @ cruising level is 490kts.
490kts @ cruise level? :)

The Maximum Operating Speed of the A380 is:

VMO 340kt
MMO 0.89

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

I think the confusion lies in the expressed terminology when describing speed, specifically, IAS, TAS, GS.

markm24

Post by markm24 »

ChrisK wrote:
markm24 wrote: But here is my question. Recently, I always fly the a380 almost everytime i fire up fsx. It is really good model that i always record and then watch my flights to see it majestic beauty especially when landing. Now when it comes to cruising at ideal cruise level, it always comes to my mind that "WHY IS THAT WHEN I EXCEED 340kts. (AT FL330 - FL400), I ALWAYS GET TO HEAR THE OVERSPEED WARNING?" I mean it is stated in wikipedia that the cruising speed of a380 @ cruising level is 490kts.
490kts @ cruise level? :)

The Maximum Operating Speed of the A380 is:

VMO 340kt
MMO 0.89
oh my bad! sorry for the wrong about the Vmo and MMO :evil: :evil: . But thank you ChrisK for the clarification. But FYI, i got that wrong thought about Vmo in wikipedia. But i;m confident that youre right.

BTW: do you have any answers on my other questions (as well as the others who are reading my topic)? if so, THANK YOU!. If non, its ok. at least you have time to read my post thanks again!

Cheers :) :) :)

markm24
(fsx user since 2010)