PA 319 and 320's auto-throttle

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
n452mk

PA 319 and 320's auto-throttle

Post by n452mk »

Hello guys!

I have mayor concern with this lovely free bird, excellent model and textures but last night I was trying to do my first flight from on the A319. Everything was ok until takeoff, after the roll and landing gear up I had my auto-throttle set to 250 knots on the AP so when I activated the AP the plane started to turn normally to the Heading that I setup but the plane speed started to decrease and finally got into stall since no speed, I had to dis-activate the A/T but then I was on over speed, for some reason this plane is not catching the speed that I setup on the autopilot, I didn't change anything on the aircraft.cfg file so I don't have any clue on whats going on, please help!! thanks anticipated

cap10jaf

Re: PA 319 and 320's auto-throttle

Post by cap10jaf »

Hi,

I'm not an Airbus expert, but I had to learn this too. You're trying to fly it like a Boeing instead of an Airbus. Airbus uses Auto-thrust not Auto-throttle, and take-off and climb are handled by the flight management and guidance system.

On takeoff you engage TOGA detent by pressing F4. At thrust reduction altitude you press F2 to set Climb detent. Throttle handles remain in this setting for the rest of the flight.

The flight computer uses thrust and pitch together to maintain "managed" climb speed displayed on the Perf page. For this reason, I connect the autopilot speed and altitude together in "managed" mode shortly after take-off.

I'm new to Airbus too, but this is working great for me. I was shopping for the best FS9 payware Airbus when I found PA/VASFMC and can't believe how great this freeware is (once I realized how to fly it).

Good luck,

cap10jaf

n452mk

Post by n452mk »

thx cap10jaf sorry but this loooooong delay, hope you still active, I have another question, how did you installed the VASFMC and what panel you use for this as well, please let me know thanks.!!!

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I don't use vasFMC with my PA aircraft. I'm currently usind PA A32X FD version 3. When I take off from low altitudes, the planes climb normally, but, sometimes, when I take off from high altitudes (e.g., Eldorado Intl, Bogotá, Colombia, 8360 ft), I have to start flap & slat retraction very soon, or else, the plane will take quite some time to accelerate. Perhaps something similar happens to you, but I have no clue as I don't use vasFMC.

esg

Post by esg »

The320Pilot wrote:I don't use vasFMC with my PA aircraft. I'm currently usind PA A32X FD version 3. When I take off from low altitudes, the planes climb normally, but, sometimes, when I take off from high altitudes (e.g., Eldorado Intl, Bogotá, Colombia, 8360 ft), I have to start flap & slat retraction very soon, or else, the plane will take quite some time to accelerate. Perhaps something similar happens to you, but I have no clue as I don't use vasFMC.
Please ask here.