A380 and VASFMC: Gauges do not load

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
hvogt

A380 and VASFMC: Gauges do not load

Post by hvogt »

Hi all,

I have been following this board quite a while to get the great A380 flying with VASFMC. Yesterday I had a flight with working FMC and also with controllable manual flightstick. I saved the aircraft to start fresh next time with correct loadings and cold cockpit. Today, when I try to load the aircraft, I get the error message, that FS9 will not be able to load the VASFMC Gauges?
I have already reinstalled the latest NAV data (cycle 1311) but no change. (This was one of the solutions in an earlier post),

Any help very welcome.
Helmut

777beats340

Re: A380 and VASFMC: Gauges do not load

Post by 777beats340 »

Something glitched, and the best bet would be to see if when you "create a flight" you load the aircraft, and manually save the AC in a cold dark cockpit. Save the flight, and exit out of FS. Then restart FS and see if the gauges don`t load. I believe if they don`t, what your experiencing is power-time out bug in FS. Unless you have an APU programmed, or the engines started within a set time period the gauges black out and dont load. I would find an APU gauge on the popular FS sites and integrate. Its an inner bug of FS.

777beats340

Post by 777beats340 »

Plus if you dont or cant integrate then the best thing would be to modify the aircraft.cfg file to make power available all the time.

hvogt

Post by hvogt »

Hi,

thanks for the hints. I did some additional test in the meantime.
First I completely uninstalled and installed the VASFMC software. Now the errormessage is not coming any more.
But the problem now looks like the main gauges keeping black only the FMC gauge is loading. I can load flight plans etc, with one exception: I cannot get into the second page of the init page to load the aircraft load and fuel.
Second: I had already entered the electicity always flag into the aircraft.cfg file, as this was also my first thought.
Third: I loaded the popup gauges by clicking onto the gauge and they all work. But not the gauges in the VC, they keep black all the time.
Fourth: I loaded all the popup windows using Shift 1, shift 2 etc. Now all the gauges with the exception of the PFD are visible in the VC. When I load the first Dummy window and remove it, PFD is showing half a second, then goes black again.
Since this is not really realiable, I started a merge with the PSS A340 gauge. I will start a different thread on this.

It's really a pitty, that the vasFMC environment is so instable and unpredictable. So if there are any other ideas on this I would be happy to get it running.

Best regards
Helmut