Missing Bits of CP

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
zaflyer

Missing Bits of CP

Post by zaflyer »

Hi All
After many a happy hour flying these wonderful AC....Just had to re-build FSX after moving to Windows 7 from XP. ;( ..One of my priorities was to get my PA Airbus AC back in place ..The A319/320/321 series using the Francois Dore Panels...All was OK. but, I've only got half my instruments..the overhead shows briefly then disappears, the display on the right part of the glass CP is there, but no digits on the Alt, speed, V speed etc...I've tried a reload but no joy...I know W7 is a little odd when it comes to blocking stuff..but I've bypassed the 'programme files' bit for FSX...So that's not it..

I've updated my default A321 AC with Stefan Liebe's panel..that works OK..I've struggled re-installing other AC too...namely Boeing's..but got round things..this has me baffled though :/
Any help will be appreciated...spent hours in front of my PC and FSX....still hardly any flying..wish I'd never 'switched' now :@
Best wishes
ZA

Airbus Fan

Re: Missing Bits of CP

Post by Airbus Fan »

Make sure you're running FSX as an administrator. You need SP1 and SP2 to make Francois panels working. Also you need to download few files and edit dll.xml file. For further info ask in Francois topic which is in Community projects section.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Thanks for your time in replying...Hadn't been in the Community projects section.Looks promising..I'm running FSX as Administrator...Also. I discovered I'm missing a couple of things
1. Simconnect.xml
2.FSX\exe.xml
I'm not IT literate, but these seem quite important..any ideas on where I can acquire these would be greatly appreciated...I'll double check SP1 & SP2..I know 2 is there..looked last night..I'll keep plodding on miss XP and my AB!!
Thanks
ZA

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

There is a link for important steps to do: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2823&start=100
Scroll down until you see this: All the file s are in the fisrt post of this thread. You must download:

It's almost at the end of the page.
Then go to the topic's 1st page for the links.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Again..Airbus Fan
Many thanks for your time...This is really helpful. IF I've followed your instructions correctly...I'm currently downloading 'The complete pack PA 320.... last update' this month, this year! :) There's also an edit to go with it... Hopefully this will solve the problems...I'll also try and find the files suggested too..ooops..just tried the address (http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/blackbox/?logger.) and got a 404 page :/

What I intend to do now..unless you of course advise otherwise, is to remove what I've got in FSX and start again with my PA Airbus AC. You seem very knowledgeable about these AC and their panels, I'm really impressed and I appreciate your efforts re: this. Will get there in the end..Hopefully
Best Wishes
ZA

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Hi Again AB Fan...
Couldn't reply earlier as this site was down....Good news..We're fixed..!!!! :D Whilst "starting again" one thing I did was to remove and then re-install SP1 & SP2. I think when I first did it, I might have not done something linked to the foibles of W7 ...Quite embarrassed actually :oops: Having said all of this..your advise as been of great help...

I did a test flight last night and all was well...Also briefly looked at the Downloads (I did) for the new Project Airbus A320 FD-FMC Version Beta 0.6x..looks interesting but a bit wary of trying it...Trying too to post some pics of the panel which is now fixed...need to work this out on this site...Now going to visit more pages and try to find out more...
Thanks fopr your efforts and I hope I've not wasted too much of your time...
ZA

Airbus Fan

Post by Airbus Fan »

I'm glad I hepled. :)

I suggest you to read all the topic from 1st page. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2823 Then you'll understand how this FMS works.

zaflyer

Post by zaflyer »

Will do...looks complicated :o But sure it'll be fine..
Best Wishes
ZA