Project Airbus Landing Problem

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
The320Pilot

Project Airbus Landing Problem

Post by The320Pilot »

I downloaded the PA A32X FD (v3) for FSX. Because I did not feel confident at the beginning, I only flew with Direct Law. After some time (about one month), I decided that it was time to try the Normal Law. The aircraft (A318, 319, 320 and 321) felt very not-responsive. I moved the joystick sensitivity all the way to 100% and voilà, now the A32X seemed to fly better.

I have, however, discovered an issue when flying approaches in the A32X v3. Yesterday, I was doing an ILS approach into Paris CDG with the A321. Everything was going ok: I flew an instrument approach until 500' AGL and then took over the controls. But when the GPWS called "100", then the aircraft started to feel extremely responsive, as if the Fly-by-wire normal mode suddenly changed to direct mode, although the ECAM still showed Normal mode. I was fortunate that I recorded the approach with FSRecorder, so I replayed it and watched my approach in outside view. From 100' AGL and above, the movements of the control surfaces were smooth, even though I was flying a crosswing APP. But when the aircraft passed 100' AGL, the elevators sort of jolted, like if the Normal mode suddenly stopped to work. I could manage to land safely, but that was very strange.

I tested the behaviour again with the A320 with an NDB approach into Ilheus, Brazil. The same thing happened. From 100' AGL until touchdown, the aircraft fely super sensitive.

I could post a video in YouTube showing the issue if you wish.

Oh, I almost forgot. I use the panel and .air file from v3, but the model is from v2.1. I had to do this because I don't like the jetheat that comes with PA A32X FD and I don't seem to get with v2.1.

Thanks (I know this was long :) )

esg

Re: Project Airbus Landing Problem

Post by esg »

This is the wrong place to ask; the "FD" A320 is not the work of Project Airbus. Regardless, what, I assume, happens is that it transitions into flare mode.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

esg wrote:This is the wrong place to ask; the "FD" A320 is not the work of Project Airbus. Regardless, what, I assume, happens is that it transitions into flare mode.
I already posted a comment in fdd_fr (François Doré) Project Airbus A32X FD suport topic in Development (third party). Because I've got no response yet, I thought it would be ok to ask for help here.

Thanks.

esg

Post by esg »

Perhaps a support forum for François' stuff would be an idea.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

esg wrote:Perhaps a support forum for François' stuff would be an idea.
:)