FSX Installation Hell

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
united319

FSX Installation Hell

Post by united319 »

Hi Guys!

I know there have been many packages and discussions but I am in hell trying to get any PA Aircraft into FSX. I have downloaded the base packages, added the items that needed to be added to the aircraft.cfg. I have seen screenshots of the sharklet models in FSX as well. Can someone send me some zip files and entire packages that we know that work in FSX? I am at my witts end on trying to compile base packages and move certain files to certain spots and change this and not that. I have all the effects and gauges set up for FSX. Like I said, i'd just like one complete aircraft folder ready to place in FSX.

ALSO...having issues with the MDL not having wingviews. Well technically they do but you have to listen to outside sounds and like you are sitting on the roof. Oh how i miss FS9 and it's simplicity.

The320Pilot

Re: FSX Installation Hell

Post by The320Pilot »

The same thing happens to me. I have installed (from scratch) the PA A32X Sharlets FS9 models, and even though I can select the aircraft and seeing rotating in the FSX Free Flight window, as soon as I click "Fly Now" and FSX has completely loaded, all I see is nothing! The aircraft is entirely transparent!

I think we'll have to wait some --or maybe a lot of-- time before we can have FSX models of PA Sharklets.
Who knows...

united319

Post by united319 »

Yeah I get the same thing. I tried turning off directx10 preview and that loaded the plane but then it was greyed out. Just to clarify this is for all models. Please help! Sorry if I am frustrating you guys, please don't label me as someone who isn't doing what they're supposed to or reading thoroughly. I have tried everything!

Thanks,

UAL4Life

esg

Post by esg »

Have you installed FSX SP2?

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

esg wrote:Have you installed FSX SP2?
I don't know about united319, but I have FSX Standard+SP1+SP2.

Steve

Post by Steve »

Ok, I have installed and run these models in FSX without issue. All I did was direct the panel and sound folders to the default A321 panel and sounds.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

I'll try again tomorow morning. Let's see how it goes! :)