Really Slow Spool-up Results in Unrealistic Sound

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
Billster8724

Really Slow Spool-up Results in Unrealistic Sound

Post by Billster8724 »

Good evening,

This issue relates to the A319,320,321 in FS9 - The N1 spool rate is off, and I'm not sure why - I've never had the issue before. On every takeoff, I increase power to 50% to let the engines stabilize and begin spooling up, then after a few seconds I apply takeoff thrust. From initial power application to the 50% N1, the spool rate is normal, and thus the sounds are realistic. After I apply the takeoff thrust the spool rate is significantly slower then normal, and it takes about 7 or 8 seconds to reach full power. As a result of this, the soundpack I have (has happened with every soundpack I've downloaded) reflects that unrealistic spool. It takes approximately 10 seconds to hear the iconic infront-of-engine growl, and even then it is very faded and flat sounding. A few of these soundpacks I've downloaded have come with videos using Project Airbus Aircraft, and the sounds work perfectly. I mainly use the default 737 panel, but have subbed in other panels as a test with no success.

As a side note, this issue does not happen on any other aircraft, so is it a fault in the aircraft.cfg or the AIR file?

Bill