To 'jetheat' or not to 'jetheat'

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
The320Pilot

To 'jetheat' or not to 'jetheat'

Post by The320Pilot »

Hello everybody.

I am very grateful towards the PA A320 creators. Coupled with Francois FD-FMC, I can say it's the best freeware for FSX so far. However, I am in a dilemma with the A320, to be more precise, with the CFM models.

It goes as follows: I have to choose whether to use the model with wing lights and the (excuse me) hideous jetheat effect or the better-looking model without the jetheat but with no wing lights. All the other models—A318, A319 CFM & IAE, A320 IAE, A321 CFM & IAE—have the wing lights but don't have the jetheat effect I don't like.

So the question is: Is there an A320 FSX model (I need a VC!) with working wing lights but with no jetheat? Please don't tell me to use the tailhook or water rudder key or to remove the jetheat.bmp file; that simply does not work.

Thanks.

The320Pilot

Re: To 'jetheat' or not to 'jetheat'

Post by The320Pilot »

Guys, could you please give me an advice? Thanks.

The320Pilot

Post by The320Pilot »

No comments whatsoever? Ok...

fdd_fr

Post by fdd_fr »

I am not at home but I remeber that you have a texture called "Jetheat_t.bmp". Rename in .bak".

But I may be this trick is only for A318 and A319 or A321; Maybe in A320 jetheat effect is hardcoded in the model.....

Check...