Hello, new member here & question

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
storm66

Hello, new member here & question

Post by storm66 »

Good day, I am new here and first I would like to commend all who help make the Project Airbus models for Flightsim. I think the models are very nice quality freeware additions to FS. I am a current FSX Gold user as well as a past user of FS9, FS8, and FS98. I am currently using 2 FSX Project Airbus versions, the A319/A320 CFM Powerplants with standard FSX A321 VC Merge. My question to the Staff here, are there any FSX A319 IAE Models available which can utilize the A321 VC Merge? I have tried to use the models I downloaded here but for whatever reasons or my own errors, I have been unable to get the A319 IAE model with work with the A321 VC.

Kindest regards

iheart707

Re: Hello, new member here & question

Post by iheart707 »

This is most likely because of the different versions of models. Project Airbus has made several models for FS2004 and then replacements for FSX, so you can add the virtual cockpit. It is easy to get the different models confused and this mistake I have made myself once or twice.

The way FS2004 was built, it included the interior model and the exterior model as one file. With FSX however, they broke it up into two different sets, with one being the exterior model and the other being the interior. FSX models are very good in terms of FPS when compared to the old FS2004 models.

Code: Select all

Project Airbus still has some files on their website for the different models, you can find the FSX models here....
http://www.pairbus.com/files/models/fsx/

And the FS2004 models here....
http://www.pairbus.com/files/models/fs9/
Please note that these links are outdated since the site has gone through several changes. The link below that esg posted, works.

If you don't have a utility to extract .7z files, you can download the program here.
http://www.7-zip.org/

Make sure you get the right one, extract the file, then overwrite the old file. Try this and see if it works.
Last edited by iheart707 on 17 Mar 2011, 07:03, edited 1 time in total.

storm66

Post by storm66 »

Hello and thank you for the fast reply. I followed your instructions and links and was able to get the IAE A319 up and running in FSX without any problems. I applied two Spirit Airlines repaints originally made for the FS2004 version and they worked without any problems.

Again, thank you for your help and I look forward to more interaction here in this forum.

Kindest regards.

iheart707

Post by iheart707 »

storm66 wrote:Again, thank you for your help and I look forward to more interaction here in this forum.

Kindest regards.
:D YAY!!!

Well, at least there is one pilot for Spirit Airlines that has NOT gone on strike! :lol:

Glad to hear you got it working; clear skies and tail winds behold you!

booforty

Post by booforty »

The FSX model link doesn't appear to work - how do I find the FSX models? Thanks!

booforty

Post by booforty »

Thanks but I can't get a A319 IAE to work? It always shows an error when I load up. Is there a complete one with aircraft file, livery etc to download?

jamlava

Post by jamlava »

Try on flightsim.com - type in "Project Airbus A319 IAE" and look for a download with a "Tick" icon to the left of the description. Doesn't matter if it is FS2004, you can replace the old model with the FSX Model. As for merging with a VC, I don't know how to do that as I never really bother with a VC