A320 family Mega Pack engine issues.

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
jakeyboi1

A320 family Mega Pack engine issues.

Post by jakeyboi1 »

Hi all,

I've downloaded the A320 series mega pack of Rikoooo and all is great EXCEPT the fact that every time I load a flight with any aircraft from this download, the engines immediately shut down and I am unable to restart them whether I am on the ground or in the air!

Somebody, please, please help. I am begging. I was so excited for this but no, something ALWAYS has to go wrong, no matter what it is, something HAS to go wrong.

Plz help
Thnx

fdd_fr

Re: A320 family Mega Pack engine issues.

Post by fdd_fr »

Because your default flight is probably the "ULM at Friday harbor" airborne, and the A320 "Cold & Dark"code has a conflict if your default flight is with an aircraft airborne

Create a flight with the aircraft of your choice, but on the ground. Launch the flight, turn off engines and save this flight by check in the dialog box "Make my default flight" (i don't know the exact text in the english version of FSX).

PhilipN

Post by PhilipN »

I just saw this, and I changed my default flight to one where the trike's sitting on the ground with engine off. Now I have the problem where the engines sometimes shut down spontaneously right after I take off (perhaps a few hundred feet in the air). It's kind of embarrassing when it happens on VATSIM lol. Is there a known fix for this (either downloading a different version of the PA320, or tweaking the Aircraft.cfg to remove something that's bugged)? I'd be fine with deleting an entire part of the aircraft.cfg and replacing it with material from the FSX default A321 if that stopped the problem from happening.

I have the same version as the guy who started this thread, from the same source.

p.s. Is there any way to change whether or not a plane appears in the aircraft selection dialog box? I'd like to hide all the PA liveries I have but am not using at the moment so that they don't make the "Select Aircraft" box take a long time to load, while leaving the models in Simobjects/Airplanes so that they can be used by the VATSIM client software for model matching.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern »

Don't download those megapacks. You may never be sure if they're properly tested.
The source for the bug is most likely somewhere in the gauge code and can't be fixed by you.

Start with François' base packs and then only add the liveries you want or need. You can find a nearly endless amount of them in the Avsim or Flightsim libraries.
http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=159
http://freenavdbgroup.com/?page_id=136
Basepack + v1.60 Update+ Current AIRAC
Install as specified in the documentation for each package.