PA A380 Stalls at 10,000ft in level flight -Very Sluggish Performance - More than reported in other threads

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
mdscan

PA A380 Stalls at 10,000ft in level flight -Very Sluggish Performance - More than reported in other threads

Post by mdscan »

Hi All,

Have scoured both the PA forum & the rest of the internet, to no avail. I have, of course, read and re-read the "how to fly the A380" thread on this forum, and still having this problem:

I've installed the PA A380 model into FSX, downloaded directly from the Project Airbus website. When flying the A380, I just can't get enough thrust out of it, even compared to what other individuals have reported. At ~12,000ft, with full (>100%N1) throttle, I struggle to maintain ~160KIAS (yes, one hundred and sixty, mach .5-.6 or so) in level flight. If I try and climb at anything faster than 3-400fpm, the aircraft stalls. This happens even with a ~10% fuel load and all payload stations set to zero. Have double-checked the [weight_and_balance] section, nothing looks amiss.

Anyone have any idea what might be happening here? Some obvious thing I've overlooked? I understand that the A380 is a very slightly underpowered aircraft overall even in the real world, but this is well beyond that.

Thank you all for your help in advance. Also, as an aside, although I can't get it to fly right (yet!), the PA A380 is a gorgeous model! When I pulled up an exterior view to double check that the slats/ flaps weren't causing this (they weren't, unfortunately), I was struck by how detailed and overall gorgeous this model is. So kudos to the Project Airbus team!