A380 Support - Models & FDE Issues

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
Movieman162

Re: A380 Support - Models & FDE Issues

Post by Movieman162 »

Ok i took you advice and did a step climb but as soon as it hit FL300 it just went nose up and stalled. Looks like my flights are going to be at FL285 for now.

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

Did you change the fuel?

Steve

Post by Steve »

You guys using another panel besides the one that comes with the model will have nose up issues as I learned this during testing. :o) The a/p roller coaster issue I haven't been able to recreate.

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

Yes Steve.. But the panel that comes with the model is the default 747 panel.. it wouldn't be right to use that panel.. I will search a better one for an A380 when I'll be at home..

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

Movieman162 wrote:
Air Berlin wrote:
Movieman162 wrote:Its not the panel...

Im going to get some screenshots up now.
ok let's see

PS: do you use FSX or FS9 ??
I use FS9, the default 747 panel, and I reduced the fuel payload to about 20% and it does exactly that minus the stall.
Last edited by DerKranich on 30 Jun 2010, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

NoseGear

Post by NoseGear »

Small Issue I noticed when looking over the wings from wingview. The nearest spoiler/sppedbrake to the inner end of the wing has bleedthrough where the flap comes through.

Just minor though. :)

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

I've just done a short early part of a flight.. EDDF - India carrying approx 103 tonnes fuel (a little more than is normally carried on the 747 flights IIRC) just as a reference on the A380..

FS9 & default 747 panel, weather was updated via FS9 real world download. Wind was a steady tail wind once above 10000feet.

Anyways, I had absolutely no problem doing the flight.. pushed it to M 0.84 & no probs. In short, we just cannot seem to recreate why you guys are having problems with the default 747 panel?

fsxfan

Post by fsxfan »

Maybe more systeminformations would be helpful... ;)

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

I'm interested to do something in the future to be honest. ^^

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

So Tranceaddict... you are saying that we will not be able to use other panels than the default 747?? :(

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

no, cause i'm using a a380 panel from fsdome.com and it works fine. For example, today i made a flight with the Emirates A380 from Heathrow to Dubai, and had no problems...i was at FL290 and had m.084 cruising speed !
so...i think that the problem is the add ons ^^

esg

Post by esg »

Derek's gonna post a brief flight tutorial shortly, as people quite clearly aren't used to FDE's that work properly.

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

ok I seem to have gotten the hang of it, despite there still being some minor lateral oscillation. I might want to tweak the thrust just a tad, as it does seem to take a lot to really slow her down.

Though a flight tutorial will be very helpful.

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

I'm going to give it another rynbut I'm going to do a step rest before going through FL350 with the provided panel. I'm not sure if it is edited a bit.

zherin

Post by zherin »

You guys it's NOT the panel. It's the values set somewhere in the relationship between the FDE and FSX autopilot. The panel is simply an illustration. No other planes in my 10 or so years of flight simulator have ever had autothrottle retardation like the pairbus A319 and the A380. It's a mis-set value basically. I remember over at POSKY nobody could figure out why their 773's would not maintain altitude in turns, constantly chased the VSI, and stalled. They all said, "oh you're overwieght!" and swept it under the rug. I eventually found it's because their autopilot settings in the FDE were set to make turns at 30 degrees. Changed it to 20 and she flew like a dream! Somebody please investigate the autpilot settings in the FDE and quit with the childish denial. It's a problem that is clear from feedback and can be fixed. Geez.

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

The flight model is designed for FS9, need I remind you we don't support FSX. By all means, take a look at it if you have the time. If you're able to make the autopilot behave better then feel free to post what you find for other users to enjoy.

We do not have an FDE designer on hand at the moment, so you'll excuse our inability to fix a problem that, as far as I know, none of the PA team have experienced.

Ben F.

Post by Ben F. »

For those of you having AP/AT problems here is something that worked for me.

I took the AP section from the Posky 748F and overwrote the AP section in the 380 with it. This worked with the Overland panel, having a friend test it with the default 744 panel.

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Actually it's none of those things... It's a combo of bad flying and the time lapse function. Just did a flight and it worked perfectly with add-on panel IN FSX you just have to keep below 4x sr and renumber to do your accent in steps, allowing your aircraft to gain its speed back before each one. It may also help emptying the aft fuel tanks.

Any problems should nit be related to the fde or panel

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

I have to saY that I changed the panel I had added to another one of an A380 and also in the aircraft.cfg the autothrotle max rpm to 100 and it worked! I did a test flight from EGLL to EDDF and she flyed like a baby! :D

zherin

Post by zherin »

So it's the autothrottle RPM's value. Makes sense.

Movieman...definitely not bad flying or else I wouldn't have graduated from flight school AND ATC school. Kinda doesn't make sense either when like 50 people report problems with the A/S hold!! In addition, I never use the time lapse function so that's irrelevant. It's cool though, seems some intelligent people have figured it out. Sorry for my tone, just PISSES me off when there's clearly a problem and everyone gets ALL defensive, blames users, and shrugs it off. Not a cool attitude and not very collaborative as members of the flightsim community ;) As far as the "this plane is designed for FS9 and not FSX: Most planes, like POKSY's, still are, yet NONE of them seem to have this glitch, so clearly JUST a minor detail needing addressed. Thanks Ben F. for your investigation and sharing your solution!

esg

Post by esg »

zherin wrote:So it's the autothrottle RPM's value. Makes sense.

Movieman...definitely not bad flying or else I wouldn't have graduated from flight school AND ATC school. Kinda doesn't make sense either when like 50 people report problems with the A/S hold!! In addition, I never use the time lapse function so that's irrelevant. It's cool though, seems some intelligent people have figured it out. Sorry for my tone, just PISSES me off when there's clearly a problem and everyone gets ALL defensive, blames users, and shrugs it off. Not a cool attitude and not very collaborative as members of the flightsim community ;) As far as the "this plane is designed for FS9 and not FSX: Most planes, like POKSY's, still are, yet NONE of them seem to have this glitch, so clearly JUST a minor detail needing addressed. Thanks Ben F. for your investigation and sharing your solution!
[youtube]nW6zDG-Qbm8[/youtube]

Did anybody actually bother to read Derek's flight tutorial?

zherin

Post by zherin »

Also movieman...an accent is a manner of pronunciation usually distinguished by different regions of origin. An 'ascent' is a climb; "climb" being the standard aviation terminology for gaining altitude. Sorry, couldn't let that one go!

AirNewZealand_A320

Post by AirNewZealand_A320 »

I Have had no issues other than the Windshiel Wipers Not Moving.

Other than that, all i want to know is what are the co-ordinates of the engines, if say i want to add a smoke_system.?

lan808

Post by lan808 »

This is my first post on this board and I want to start by saying that this is a wonderful product. I still can not believe that this is freeware. I have had none of the issues posted on this forum with the A380 and it flys like a dream. I do have one thing that I can not do and that is view the wings from behind like the screenshots you have posted in development. I tried to find a wingview for the A380 online but didn't have any luck. I might have to use the wingview from the 747-400 and try and adjust it to work with the A380 but I was wondering if you have one that you might be able to give us. This is a wonderful bird and I thank you for all of your hard work to produce it.

esg

Post by esg »

lan808 wrote:This is my first post on this board and I want to start by saying that this is a wonderful product. I still can not believe that this is freeware. I have had none of the issues posted on this forum with the A380 and it flys like a dream. I do have one thing that I can not do and that is view the wings from behind like the screenshots you have posted in development. I tried to find a wingview for the A380 online but didn't have any luck. I might have to use the wingview from the 747-400 and try and adjust it to work with the A380 but I was wondering if you have one that you might be able to give us. This is a wonderful bird and I thank you for all of your hard work to produce it.
http://www.pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=362
http://www.pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=353

lan808

Post by lan808 »

Thank you for the quick reply. I knew there must have been something out there or posted already but I seemed to not be able to find it. Thank you

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Well im just saying but as for the autothottle i did say i am using a different panel hence it working.

Vee One

Post by Vee One »

Hi folks!

I've been trying the Air France A380 with the CLS A340-500/600 panel in FSX and it seems it is working very well, not to mention their crisp RR sound of the engines! If you still don't have the CLS A340-500/600 I do reccomend you getting it!

Cheers to all the PAirbus team for such a wonderful plane!

Happy flying!

Andrew

Jason9001

Post by Jason9001 »

This plane is the best i ever have tried!!!

The only thing is that the FDE have a few bugs, but else it flies like the real thing. If the bugs could be fixed it will do the plane fantastic. But else it flies and handles like the real. :D

A little problem more you can see trough the engines that should be fixed not because i want to hurry up on you just take you time.

The last one is the ball in the end of the tail section you can't see it i use FSX and FS9 both...

esg

Post by esg »

The only thing is that the FDE have a few bugs, but else it flies like the real thing. If the bugs could be fixed it will do the plane fantastic. But else it flies and handles like the real.
What are these bugs?
A little problem more you can see trough the engines that should be fixed not because i want to hurry up on you just take you time.
Been addressed: http://www.pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=4818#p4818
The last one is the ball in the end of the tail section you can't see it i use FSX and FS9 both...
Uum... the ball?

pepon44

Post by pepon44 »

Hello and I also had the same problem and have tried several panels and changed some settings but to no avail in the end decided to try to change the file AIR by the Overland A380 and it works well, in any case the speed Take off works well and stays ok.

Jason9001

Post by Jason9001 »

esg wrote:
The only thing is that the FDE have a few bugs, but else it flies like the real thing. If the bugs could be fixed it will do the plane fantastic. But else it flies and handles like the real.
What are these bugs?
Been addressed: http://www.pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=4818#p4818
Uum... the ball?
The few bugs i tark about is some problems with autopilot i'm sorry for not saying it better somtimes its get out of control make some interesting things stalls on landing etc. thats the few else nothing as i can see :)

I tark about that in the tail section under the plane that to tail strike i can remember whats it called if you not can understand what i mean i show a picture ;)

esg

Post by esg »

The tailskid? It's only there on the prototypes

zherin

Post by zherin »

Jason9001 wrote:The only thing is that the FDE have a few bugs, but else it flies like the real thing. If the bugs could be fixed it will do the plane fantastic. But else it flies and handles like the real.
esg wrote:What are these bugs?
Why ask? You guys will just deny it anyway b/c as you've made PERRRRFECTLY, crystal clear- not ONE pairbus member has experienced ANY problems with the autopilot that like 50 other people have :roll: You guys probably shouldn't have a support forum when you talk to people like complete and utter TRASH.

AirNewZealand_A320

Post by AirNewZealand_A320 »

Then Maybe Those Other like 50 P's Of SH can learn to fly it properly or acknowledge that fact that NONE i repeat NONE of the PA team is a FDE builder. And if they want you to speak for them, you can build an FDE and a new A380 for them aswell.

GROW UP!!

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

zherin wrote:Why ask? You guys will just deny it anyway b/c as you've made PERRRRFECTLY, crystal clear- not ONE pairbus member has experienced ANY problems with the autopilot that like 50 other people have :roll: You guys probably shouldn't have a support forum when you talk to people like complete and utter TRASH.
If we can't replicate a problem, we can't fix it. There's a lot of evidence already in the forums of some unusual (!) flying techniques used, which, just like the real world, will yield results you may not expect.

zherin

Post by zherin »

Guys, my complaint really isn't to place blame on any individual for getting the FDE "wrong" or anything. I can read and understand that you don't have an FDE designer. That's cool! My complaint is the way you address people, people that are here 'cause they wanna use your A380 you've worked so hard on, people who are simply reporting an anomoly they're noticing with your new release...in a support forum! Everyone at pairbus seems to get all huffy with a "WELL FINE GO BUILD AN A380 YOURSELF!" To me, that's not really the 'adult' response. The mature response would be a simple acknowledgement of the issue and a "hey, okay, we'll check it out." Not a "go F yourself and build an A380 FDE if you think you can do better." No one's trying to put you guys down, OMFG! Just trying to bring an issue to light...which, if you look back, has since been resolved: change the autothrottle RPM value to 100, 110 or so. Problem solved. Problem not solved: your guys' attitude.

zherin

Post by zherin »

AirNewZealand...if those "pieces of shit" are required to fly properly to use the pairbus A380, maybe pairbus should be required to release a proper FDE??? Just a thought.

esg

Post by esg »

zherin wrote:
Jason9001 wrote:The only thing is that the FDE have a few bugs, but else it flies like the real thing. If the bugs could be fixed it will do the plane fantastic. But else it flies and handles like the real.
Why ask? You guys will just deny it anyway b/c as you've made PERRRRFECTLY, crystal clear- not ONE pairbus member has experienced ANY problems with the autopilot that like 50 other people have :roll: You guys probably shouldn't have a support forum when you talk to people like complete and utter TRASH.
I was asking if he's specifically identified any bugs. As far as I can tell, so far nobody has. As Tom and Mr ANZ have said, all we've been seeing is people not flying the plane properly
My complaint is the way you address people
To me, that's not really the 'adult' response.
Problem solved. Problem not solved: your guys' attitude.
AirNewZealand...if those "pieces of shit" are required to fly properly to use the pairbus A380, maybe pairbus should be required to release a proper FDE??? Just a thought.
Speechless.

A question to you then, zherin. Did you fly it following Derek's flight tutorial, and did it still not work for you? Do you disagree with the tutorial? What is it?

zherin

Post by zherin »

Nope. I read Derek's tutorial in it's entirety and was surprised. Kudos. It was quite thorough, accurate, easy to follow and to the point. Not my qualm. Like I said, it's the way you guys are talking to people; it's just plain rude. You shouldn't have a support forum if you're SO unwilling to be, well, supportive.

Ask a pilot. Flying is a style. Trim up, forward pressure, trim down, back pressure. It's whichever you like better. The problem with A/S hold isn't the way people are flying. As it's been identified, it was too low a value for the RPM's, like I said a few times now. I concur with the stalls...watch your fuel loads. Aside from that I'd say most of the folks in here have a general feel for how to a fly a plane, and sure, some are more advanced. Does one have to have a commercial license to fly this bitch? Again, ask a pilot: most will tell you FS is a bit more challenging than the real thing. Especially if the FDE's jacked. And truth be told, I think most who have had the pleasure to fly your GREAT model will agree, that the FDE -IS- pretty good! There's just some tickering to do and if you chill out, quit cutting people down so insincerely and absorb the constructive criticism, FDE designer or not, we can all figure it out and improve it.

In any case, I think we're at the end of the road here with all this.

esg

Post by esg »

Right, so that we stop talking out of our arse... I set the max RPM to 100 and seen absolutely no change. When is it you're experiencing a/t retardation? During climb? How bad is it?

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

zherin wrote:AirNewZealand...if those "pieces of shit" are required to fly properly to use the pairbus A380, maybe pairbus should be required to release a proper FDE??? Just a thought.
I did a 5 hour flight and flew like a dream.

I do believe that the last game you played was 3 days ago and it was some kind of Jigsaw puzzle for kids.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

zherin wrote:
Let me make this crystal clear to you right now :
1) If you wanna talk and level allegations, back up your words with facts & proof.
2) If you cant do that, build your own A380 from scratch.. model the perfect FDE.. & then come back here.
3) If you cant do that too.. go design an FDE entirely your own & if it flies as perfectly as you should expect it & achieve, then come back here again & show us all how its done
4) All of the above you may do at your own leisure but what YOU WILL do starting with your next post i suggest this - DARE NOT USE THE TONE & ATTITUDE YOU'VE USED SO FAR

Defy that at your own risk. It might be of significance that you realise we've still let you post unrestricted & unmoderated. What you choose to do of what's left of our patience is up to you.

simnico971

Post by simnico971 »

Wow. Be calm ! :shock: That's just an addon... ;)

Movieman162

Thottle Movement Very Slow After Flight

Post by Movieman162 »

Just done a flight in the A380 and after i disengaged Autothottle the manual control of it was very slow. Meaning that it took along time to adjust the thottle percentage ie moving from 0%-20% much slower than before autothottle engage

Derek Mayer

Re:

Post by Derek Mayer »

zherin wrote:Just trying to bring an issue to light...which, if you look back, has since been resolved: change the autothrottle RPM value to 100, 110 or so. Problem solved.
Well I'm glad to hear it's solved then. Though it doesn't appear to change anything on my end, we'll include that mod in future updates.

zherin

Post by zherin »

Thanks! If you reference POSKY heavies, CLS heavies, etc., the RPM value is 100 or more and when you tell the A/P to hold a speed, it does just that. It definitely helps. But don't credit me, I'm just the defense attorney.

Thanks to this user, who ALSO had the same issue:
dotsalgon wrote:I have to saY that I changed the panel I had added to another one of an A380 and also in the aircraft.cfg the autothrotle max rpm to 100 and it worked! I did a test flight from EGLL to EDDF and she flyed like a baby! :D

Just because YOU can't replicate the issue, doesn't mean it doesn't exist :) Thanks anyway!

DomSQ

Post by DomSQ »

I have none of these FDE problems you guys are having...then again I never do, REX, AS Amsterdam etc etc people complaining, I say it's "YOU" and your system that's the problem most of the time.

M@rco

Post by M@rco »

zherin wrote:I did a 5 hour flight and flew like a dream.
I agree with zherin in this way. This A380, this freeware A380, is the best A380 in the whole Flightsim World. But I don't know what kind of user you are, I know if you're better than these guys who spent many hours, all in all about 2 years, designing an A380 which is also freeware, then show us the same quality like these guys.