A380 Support - Models & FDE Issues

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
D-AIPB

No Autotrimm in PA A380 ??

Post by D-AIPB »

Is it possible that the designers have forgotten to put Autotrimm into the A380 ??

Thanks
Kind Regards

Lrusso

Re: No Autotrimm in PA A380 ??

Post by Lrusso »

"Forgotten" is not the right word, I don't think they modeled the airbus fly-by-wire aspects. Thats very hard to get ride for simulator.

Ben F.

A380 Issues

Post by Ben F. »

Wing bleed through...

Also if you stop with the nose gear turned shouldnt it return to center?

Ben F.

Re: A380 Issues

Post by Ben F. »

Also having autopilot issues, seems to be very unstable. Constantly chasing VS, course, speed, etc.

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

Unfortunately, none of those issues are likely to be fixed soon. The wing bleed is pretty minor, and only visible from specific angles. Might get looked at if we ever put out an update, but I don't anticipate updating just for that.

I never had the autopilot issue, and either way we don't have an FDE designer with us. Though if any FDE designer out there wants to try fixing it they're welcome to.

The nosewheel steering isn't a bug. When you stop your car in mid turn, do the wheels magically return to center? ;)

Thanks for the report!

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

what panel are you using for the aircraft? default 747 panel has been tested & works fine with us AFAIK

Derek Mayer

Re: No Autotrimm in PA A380 ??

Post by Derek Mayer »

Quite right. Auto-trim (and other Fly-by-wire features) need to be coded in the panel's gauges. We haven't included a panel in our release, and therefore haven't modeled any fly-by-wire simulation.

Ben F.

Post by Ben F. »

Derek Mayer wrote:Unfortunately, none of those issues are likely to be fixed soon. The wing bleed is pretty minor, and only visible from specific angles. Might get looked at if we ever put out an update, but I don't anticipate updating just for that.

I never had the autopilot issue, and either way we don't have an FDE designer with us. Though if any FDE designer out there wants to try fixing it they're welcome to.

The nosewheel steering isn't a bug. When you stop your car in mid turn, do the wheels magically return to center? ;)

Thanks for the report!
Np, just thought I'd bring it up incase you didnt know.

Nose wheel steering thing must be from watching/flying the CRJ too long lol. When the tiller goes back to zero and stopped in a turn I believe it goes back to center.

Ben F.

Post by Ben F. »

Tranceaddict wrote:what panel are you using for the aircraft? default 747 panel has been tested & works fine with us AFAIK
Overland A380, Ill try going back to 744.

Tranceaddict

A380 Support - Models & FDE Issues

Post by Tranceaddict »

Report all Model & FDE issues here

DerKranich

Re: A380 Support - Models & FDE Issues

Post by DerKranich »

I have flown EDHI-LFPG with the default 744 panel and I have noticed the autopilot having a tendency to chase the directed flightpath. Though I have previously tried flying LFPG-KIAD with it and the autopilot did not give me any headaches, so it's hard for me to pinpoint anything that may cause it.

Also I have noticed it tends to shake an awful lot. Anything that can help with that will be greatly appreciated

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

you'll do know winds can play a factor? esp if you'll have real world weather updates loaded via Activesky etc

Also if using a joystick, you'll might wanna look at the calibration/FSUIPC updates - same goes for FSUIPC's weather functions

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

As it turns out, the wing bleed through is worse than I thought. I'm still undecided on whether it will be updated in the future.

flightsimer

Post by flightsimer »

Ben F. wrote:
Np, just thought I'd bring it up incase you didnt know.

Nose wheel steering thing must be from watching/flying the CRJ too long lol. When the tiller goes back to zero and stopped in a turn I believe it goes back to center.
its the lazyness on some modellers part that it does that.

I too have had trouble with the autopilot with the default 747 panel installed. It tends to loose the virtical speed hold for some reason. Had this happen twice already on two different flights.

Another problem ive had is the engine rolling back while on autothrottle as its approaching final cruise speed in level flight. Its like instead of bringing the engines back gradually, it brings them back to 0 for about 2-3 seconds and then takes it back up to the power setting it was previously at before the rollback, then starts to gradually roll it back. This has happened on all of my flights so far.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

if you're climb rate specified on the VS is too high, it will do that. The trouble we had with the default 747 panel was the over-aggressive capture of the altitude. That was however sorted out with the FDE updates. The A/p was an issue before but doesnt seem to give us that problem. or atleast me.

I'll prolly check it on a short flight later.

zherin

Post by zherin »

Just wanted to throw my comments in the bag. Absolutely stunning model. No complaints. No bleedthrough for me. The autopilot is TOTALLY jacked though. Thus far, no problems maintaining altitude...but airspeed is a whole 'nother story. It's interesting...the A319 does the EXACT same thing, but not the 318 or 320. Now the 380. Guess I'll just monitor the throttle for 17 some odd hours from LAX-SIN! Awesome model work though. WELL worth the wait!

Zach

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Ive had a problem where i keep stalling/loosing speed in accent therefore it takes me ages to get alltitude. I am using the Overland panel but am going to try the default one provided.

zherin

Post by zherin »

It's probably because everytime you hit A/S hold on the autopilot panel, the throttles pull all the way back, you lose airspeed, lift, and thus stall :) Fun times. Just screwed with the airspeed all the way to SFO. 16.5 hours to go.

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

The aircraft now rocks forwards and backwards after 30,000ft meaning i cannot get above that on autopilot. Please help.

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

Movieman162 wrote:The aircraft now rocks forwards and backwards after 30,000ft meaning i cannot get above that on autopilot. Please help.
Never had that problem during testing. Are you using the default panel? What's your cruise speed?

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Tom Collins wrote:
Movieman162 wrote:The aircraft now rocks forwards and backwards after 30,000ft meaning i cannot get above that on autopilot. Please help.
Never had that problem during testing. Are you using the default panel? What's your cruise speed?
Yeah is the default panel speed is between 280 and 350 and climb rate is 1500

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Could It be fsupic

cka411

Post by cka411 »

I'm experiencing the same autopilot issues with the default panel. Attempted to do WSSS-EGLL, with the key word being attempted, would assume that full fuel would be appropriate for a trip that long, but I may be wrong with that. Even on a short hop from EGLL-LFPG, I noticed the autopilot had a tendency to really to shoot through altitudes and be unstable as far as establishing and leveling off on a heading, it looked like a gradually reducing sin curve. The auto throttle I found kept reducing to a lower setting that would not really sustain flight, the power setting on N1 looked appropriate but as far as maintaining flight, not so much. The visual model, stunning, and the wing bleed through I noticed a lot on the climbout when pitching up, was very noticeable.

I realize any modifications are not supported, it's more of an observation than anything else. The auto throttle max RPM rate in the aircraft.cfg is 90, sounds good, change it to 105, I know I know, excessively high, avoid throttle reduction. As far as the rest of the autopilot goes, I have no idea what would need to be done to fix that.

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

cka411 wrote:I'm experiencing the same autopilot issues with the default panel. Attempted to do WSSS-EGLL, with the key word being attempted, would assume that full fuel would be appropriate for a trip that long, but I may be wrong with that. Even on a short hop from EGLL-LFPG, I noticed the autopilot had a tendency to really to shoot through altitudes and be unstable as far as establishing and leveling off on a heading, it looked like a gradually reducing sin curve. The auto throttle I found kept reducing to a lower setting that would not really sustain flight, the power setting on N1 looked appropriate but as far as maintaining flight, not so much. The visual model, stunning, and the wing bleed through I noticed a lot on the climbout when pitching up, was very noticeable.

I realize any modifications are not supported, it's more of an observation than anything else. The auto throttle max RPM rate in the aircraft.cfg is 90, sounds good, change it to 105, I know I know, excessively high, avoid throttle reduction. As far as the rest of the autopilot goes, I have no idea what would need to be done to fix that.
Im in the same boat as you mate just couldnt describe the problems better myself. Im going to see if the removal of the FSUPIC.dll file has any problems as that may be the cause for fsx users at least.

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

Hello again!
Congrats on the A380!! I just love it :D 1st test flight was from Dubai to Heathrow!! :D
But.. I also had the same issue with the autopilot above 30.000ft and the issue with the a/s hold. I changed the numbers on the aircraft.cfg the autopilots max rpm and the a/s works ok now. But I am still having the problem with the altitude VS. Above FL300 the plane tries to level up but something's going on with the stabilaser on the tail. So the plane is just doing some roller coster ride : P.I had to deactivate the alt hold change the stabilaser to 2.0 degrees and turn it on again to work. I haven't tested with the 747 panel though.. I used a a340 panel I had and also the spolers arm button didn't work (probably this is panel problem) . Oh and I had FSPassengers loaded too.. and Active sky weather... I shall do some tweeks this afternoon to determine the problem though. Probably will try with another panel.
BTW the wing flex is supperb! :D I had some turbulance over hungary and I loved how the wings moved!! :D

Cheers
Dot!

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Ive i may just ask you guys, dotsalgon and cka411 do you have FSUPIC on?

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

um yeah!
Active sky doesn't connect to fs without fsupic... I don't have the registed version though..

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

I've had the same issues and I do NOT have FSUPIC.

I've been running the A380 on FS9 and am currently using the default 747 panel. Blasphemous I know, but I want to get these things with the FDE ironed out before doing much with it.

EDIT: I might have found a way to compensate any oscillations.
Last edited by DerKranich on 30 Jun 2010, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

hmm, i don't have the problem but, at the moment i'm flying from Heathrow(EKLL) to Dubai (OMDB), she flyes great and taxies on the taxiwas very easy and nice ^^

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

Air Berlin wrote:hmm, i don't have the problem but, at the moment i'm flying from Heathrow(EKLL) to Dubai (OMDB), she flyes great and taxies on the taxiwas very easy and nice ^^
What is your altitude? Try and change the altitude by 3.000 or 2.000 ft and you'll see LOL

esg

Post by esg »

DerKranich wrote:EDIT: I might have found a way to compensate any oscillations.
Are you sure you're not just watching the wing shake in turbulence? :P

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

dotsalgon wrote:
Air Berlin wrote:hmm, i don't have the problem but, at the moment i'm flying from Heathrow(EKLL) to Dubai (OMDB), she flyes great and taxies on the taxiwas very easy and nice ^^
What is your altitude? Try and change the altitude by 3.000 or 2.000 ft and you'll see LOL
I'm at FL290 but was at FL350 to test it, so now I#m descending...

GaryG

Post by GaryG »

I know it's nobody's fault, I know that it is not supported... All I want to say is, if only there will be an FSX compiled model......

No request, just a thought, you know me ;)

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

here are some pics from my way to Dubai (OMDB) at FL290
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9403 ... nntkor.jpg

and a Pic of my Panel, i know it's not so realistic without LCDS and that stuff, but it works very fine !
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3682 ... nnt2lp.jpg
Last edited by Tom Collins on 30 Jun 2010, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pics removed as this isn't the screenshot forum

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Right i removed FSUPIC and that stopped the roller coaster motion. But at FL350 the aircraft pitches up mad yet somehow still flies. I think theres a problem with the weight and fuel of the aircraft and that in turn is affecting the FDE. Also the Autothottle cannot hold a speed.

esg

Post by esg »

We can't fix a problem we can't recreate

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

well, just take the panel i have and everything will work !
autothrotle autopilot etc. just loook...
i have tested all functiones and brought this baby to the limit...FL370 at everyting was quite fine...
i don't know what for panels are you using ?? just tell me and i can help.
Last edited by Air Berlin on 30 Jun 2010, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Its not the panel...

Im going to get some screenshots up now.

Air Berlin

Post by Air Berlin »

Movieman162 wrote:Its not the panel...

ok let's see

PS: do you use FSX or FS9 ??

DerKranich

Post by DerKranich »

esg wrote:
DerKranich wrote:EDIT: I might have found a way to compensate any oscillations.
Are you sure you're not just watching the wing shake in turbulence? :P
Seriously, I can barely adjust the throttle without it doing that. Either my joystick isn't calibrated, or the thrust scalar is way off.

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Air Berlin wrote:
Movieman162 wrote:Its not the panel...

ok let's see

PS: do you use FSX or FS9 ??
FSX mate,

Here are the screenshots

Panel configured for takeoff:

Rotate:

Autopilot engage:

Autothrottle speed not suffiencent, disengaged:

Minor rocking motion begins:

Severe rocking motion:

Stall:

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

I noticed that when I had the same problem.. I was also flying with a simulator speed X4 and cruising x16 and I had to reduse the simulator speed to normal to fix the roller coster ride. Could that be the problem?

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

those shots say it all. I'm not surprised you're experiencing a stall.

you expect to climb straight out on takeoff @ 1500 fpm? then you expect to continue 1500 fpm climb to TOC @ 35000 feet or Initial cruise alt of 35000 feet carrying.. erm.. 555200 lbs of fuel??

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

Movieman162 your plane though is fully loaded with fuel.. :S

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Well what should i do?

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

Reduse the fuel.. either by the setting of the FS (is I remember correct is in Aircraft menu -> Fuel and weight "or something").. or by running FSPassengers.

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

You know before raising these issues and confusing people, you should seriously learn the basics of flying & while you're at it, flight planning including weight & fuel planning.

Have you heard the concept of step climbs??

xparamorex316

Post by xparamorex316 »

Has anyone tried the A380 with FSPassengers yet. For some reason the plane keeps ending up overweight before i even load people on.? And i don't want to edit the Aircraft.cfg to see if it can be fixed without consulting the Pairbus team first.

dotsalgon

Post by dotsalgon »

xparamorex316 wrote:Has anyone tried the A380 with FSPassengers yet. For some reason the plane keeps ending up overweight before i even load people on.? And i don't want to edit the Aircraft.cfg to see if it can be fixed without consulting the Pairbus team first.
I tried it... but I didn't full her up!! You have to calculate how much fuel will need for the trip...

Movieman162

Post by Movieman162 »

Tranceaddict wrote:You know before raising these issues and confusing people, you should seriously learn the basics of flying & while you're at it, flight planning including weight & fuel planning.

Have you heard the concept of step climbs??
Yes i have done that in other flights just not the one shown... will try it.