Has anyone found a panel merge for the A380 Yet??

Forum rules
Community-driven support for Project Airbus aircraft only.

Please read the pinned topics and search the forum before posting to make sure your question's not already been answered.
xparamorex316

Has anyone found a panel merge for the A380 Yet??

Post by xparamorex316 »

Any Suggestions?

Payware preferable?

- thnx

xparamorex316

Re: Has anyone found a panel merge for the A380 Yet??

Post by xparamorex316 »

I have been trying to get the PSS A340 panel to work with it since it has a FLCH function but so far i've been encountering unusual issues.

Derek Mayer

Post by Derek Mayer »

Issues such as? The PSS panel should work just fine with our model.

xparamorex316

Post by xparamorex316 »

I cant get the plane to go past Mach .60 because the panel is saying that if i go above this speed i will over speed even though i am at 33000 feet.

Tom Collins

Post by Tom Collins »

seaheroz wrote:Does the CLS A340-500/600 Panel work perfect with the model ?
I used it a little during testing - had no problems at all.

Inbreker

Post by Inbreker »

I'm using the Overland A380 panel. Works just fine.

chris493

CLS/Pairbus A380 Panel Merge

Post by chris493 »

Hi all,

I have just downloaded the A380 and all I can say is WOW! Well done guys!
However I really need a panel and I have the CLS A340-500/600 package which is a good supplement. I have heard people talk about it on here but nobody has actually said how to get it to work.
Is there anyone out there willing to write a tutorial for me and the many others wondering the same thing?

Thanks guys and well done,

Chris

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

topics merged & moved.

nolanh

Post by nolanh »

I have searched and cannot find any form of instruction for the actual "panel merge" to use the PSS A340 panel on the PA A380.
So I will risk the wrath of people with more time than I by asking, will someone direct me to this information. I am a software developer with 30 years under my belt, but I don't have ESP or know any secret password to provide, so, knowing this, could someone help me out with this.
I promise near-eternal gratefulness and will happily go through any hazing, hell week activity, or whatever it takes.
I assume the answer includes purchasing the PSS A340 (A340 Professional) and doing some config file edits, but that's the extent of it, so far.
Thanks for the A380!

Tranceaddict

Post by Tranceaddict »

well we dont "officially" support merges nor provide detailed instructions to do it, but we leave it for members here to experiment and post their findings to help others.

You could check with Stian .. he's using some panel in his screenshots of the AF bird

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

I am busy getting a panel merge in FSX (not FS2004 - important to mention) to work with the A340-series of Thomas Ruth's and the default A321 with VC. Trials and errors are the way forward. As yet my experiments are not giving the expected results. If I have a positive result, I will post it here.

nolanh

Post by nolanh »

Understood, Tranceaddict.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

mozart

Post by mozart »

Has anyone tried it with the WIlco A380 panel? It's not as complete as some other payware stuff, but at least it looks closer to the real A380 panel than the A340 ones, right?

Any experiences with such a merge?

And how about using the Wilco A380 sounds?

havoc04

Post by havoc04 »

Guys i install ed the PSS 2D panel. All seems to work well, possibly better than Wilco Vol2 Panel...
Question though for those that ARE using the PSS panel, Everything seems to be OK, But i appear to be missing the names of the Waypoints on the main ARC MFD (Flightplan Nav points etc). Is there a font or file that controls this?

Also again to the guys that are using the PSS panel. Any tips/Tweaks to make it work very well with the A380?

Regards
Mike

mozart

Post by mozart »

So I have merged it with the payware Wilco A380 panel and sounds.

The Wilco A380 panel cannot be compared with the Wilco Airbus series (A320 etc) - it is a "light" panel, and the Airbus systems logic isn't properly implemented. It's more like a Boeing logic. The FMC does not have many functionalities

Still, a simple merge has sufficed, and on my short test flight Abu Dhabi-Dubai all things worked smoothly.

So for me it's a choice now: either a panel that looks A380-like but is "light", or something more sophisticated like the Wilco A340-600 but then does not look like A380. And in any case the FMC does not calculate with the A380 values (weight etc), so not that useful anyway.

Lrusso

Post by Lrusso »

sknepper wrote:I am busy getting a panel merge in FSX (not FS2004 - important to mention) to work with the A340-series of Thomas Ruth's and the default A321 with VC. Trials and errors are the way forward. As yet my experiments are not giving the expected results. If I have a positive result, I will post it here.
You will not be able to merge the VC into it. The PA A380 is a FS9 compiled model VC merges are impossible!

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

Lrusso wrote:You will not be able to merge the VC into it. The PA A380 is a FS9 compiled model VC merges are impossible!
Thanks for that. That explains the many hours of trial and lots of error. :(
I will stop any further works in that direction. :mrgreen:

MUSTANG

Post by MUSTANG »

I have been using Thomas Ruth's 2d A340 panel for my PA380....works perfectly ;) :)

angellamar

Post by angellamar »

VC & 2D WORK GREAT... :mrgreen:

uranus

Post by uranus »

Yes I have one from an Italian guy. It works beautifully, but it is 2D.

ariput

Post by ariput »

Witch one? Freeware?

thx

sknepper

Post by sknepper »

MUSTANG wrote:I have been using Thomas Ruth's 2d A340 panel for my PA380....works perfectly ;) :)
The Tom A340 VC works perfectly and I am now a happy chappy :)

gmd1337

Post by gmd1337 »

So a merge of the Wilco A380 v2 VC with the Project Airbus A380 in FS9 is not possible? Is it in FSX?

The 2D Panel works with Project Airbus but I'd like to have a VC additionally.

esg

Post by esg »

No, not in FS9.

mozart

Post by mozart »

After some time without the A380 I have re-created the "merge" with the Wilco panel. Fairly simple, just alias it. It works, but I stopped using it because the Wilco panel is faaaaaar too basic for my taste.

So then I used the PSS panel, simply aliased it. Most things seem to work, with of course restrictions on things like proper speed calculations, proper calculation of optimal altitude, estimated fuel. I can live with those, although I'd like to tweak the PSS A340 MCDU in such a way as to do the correct calculations here.

One major problem I have though which has been noted (but not resolved) elsewhere: fuel management "pulls" more fuel from the right tanks than from the left. No idea why. Fuel consumption is the same for each of the engines, and all fuel cross transfer buttons are set on automatic.

Anyone has encountered similar problems? Found any solution?

Derek, I understand you have tried out the A380 with the PSS panel before even releasing it, did you also come across this issue?

Thanks

PS: edited my post, deleted another issue which I managed to solve. But this one came up on all of my three test flights.